PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god, are you straight?

trXD
06-10-09, 23:52
JQ1I_-MY_NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1I_-MY_NY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1I_-MY_NY)

patriots88888
06-10-09, 23:54
I can't believe I just watched that. Wowza, I must be bored!

Ward Dragon
06-10-09, 23:56
Very interesting way to make his point. I appreciate the video's irony :tmb:

LaraLuvrrr
06-10-09, 23:57
lol turn the tables around....

Lemmie
06-10-09, 23:58
Point's a bit laboured, but I appreciate what he's saying. :)

Mokono
06-10-09, 23:58
I demand a social group for str8 people in TRF now.[/SARCASM]

TRhalloween
07-10-09, 00:00
Point's a bit laboured, but I appreciate what he's saying. :)

Agreed :tmb:

I demand a social group for str8 people in TRF now.

The gay one is open to anybody who supports gay rights :)

Spong
07-10-09, 00:01
Very droll.

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:02
I want to push for everyone to be bisexual.... no more loneliness and no more discrimination...

I think the ancient Hindu's believed a bi person was more enlightened or sumthin i read it once

Minty Mouth
07-10-09, 00:03
I want to push for everyone to be bisexual.... no more loneliness and no more discrimination...

I think the ancient Hindu's believed a bi person was more enlightened or sumthin i read it once

But, isn't that kind of discrimination? If someone isn't bisexual, why should they change? Thats only as bad as saying everyone should be straight.

trXD
07-10-09, 00:07
But, isn't that kind of discrimination? If someone isn't bisexual, why should they change? Thats only as bad as saying everyone should be straight.

He meant well and i can kinda see where he is coming from. If only sexuality didn't exist and everyone just liked everyone.

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:08
I say we have straight pride parades. Lets strut our stuff. Or exaggerate our vocab to reflect a totally outrageous and over-the-top tone so that we all stick out.

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:09
He meant make everyone bi. That would be a bit hard for me though :o

Me too! I can't stand lady bits.:p

Tony9595
07-10-09, 00:12
Well... he has a nice voice :p

TRhalloween
07-10-09, 00:13
I say we have straight pride parades. Lets strut our stuff. Or exaggerate our vocab to reflect a totally outrageous and over-the-top tone so that we all stick out.

I say we have gay marriages. Where we wear giant white dresses and crowd a church the whole day throwing confetti everywhere.

Minty Mouth
07-10-09, 00:14
He meant well and i can kinda see where he is coming from. If only sexuality didn't exist and everyone just liked everyone.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean bisexuality. I can see where the whole 'peace' vibe is coming from, but all we can ask for is mutual respect. Not "push for everyone to be bisexual"

irjudd
07-10-09, 00:14
Very droll.

I would have said waggish.

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:18
I say we have gay marriages. Where we wear giant white dresses and crowd a church the whole day throwing confetti everywhere.

All the better I say but saying that word there... Marriage... Don't think it applies to gay people exclusively. Who are they to have rights to their own beliefs?! Pfft... Straight people should get married to even though the concept of Union gurantees the same legal rights as a married couple ;).

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:19
I think to some people the term bisexuality or being listed under that catagory is much easier than outright being gay.....

maybe they see it as being only half gay....

anyways nice video, all us gay,Bi, and lesbian have to answer like 50 of these questions in our lifetime(is that a small exageration o.O)

gets the point across, however I can just see the ignorant youtube comments now, I swear the people who are against homosexuality and post comments about it have the worst spelling and grammer, and it seems like talking to a monkey...and then the people who stick up for the helpless video bloggers have a more inteligent comment or post......however that may be a ganeralization:)

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:22

No I'm not saying to change people. I'm saying in my ideal world everyone would be bi.... that way there's no more drama. And there wouldn't be racial discrimination so there would be lots of interracial babies. And your chances of finding love increase when you have both men and women to choose from :D

Pretty much :)

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean bisexuality. I can see where the whole 'peace' vibe is coming from, but all we can ask for is mutual respect. Not "push for everyone to be bisexual"

Don't take what i said so literal.. in todays world mutual respect is the answer. In my ideal world bisexuality and respect would be my answer... like i said there's more to choose from and I think it would bring people closer together

Tommy123
07-10-09, 00:24
Good points, i enjoy most of johnneys vids.

irjudd
07-10-09, 00:26
No I'm not saying to change people. I'm saying in my ideal world everyone would be bi.... that way there's no more drama. And there wouldn't be racial discrimination so there would be lots of interracial babies. And your chances of finding love increase when you have both men and women to choose from :D
Explain how me liking wangs too would help eliminate racial discrimination? :confused:

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:27
first gay thread in a while here so I will just throw it out there...

I was recently watching videos against homosexuality, and one thing that really stuck out to me was people who were one the fence, generally said something along the lines of this....

"Gays should have the right to get married, but not in churches" many reasons for this was because they thought it was intrusive to their religeon or to the peole who were part of that religeon.

well to me it sounds rediculous because I have met many religeous gay men and women, so why should someone not be allowed to marry in their own church of their own religeon.....

just sort of a little rant I thought I'd throw out there.........

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:27
Explain how me liking wangs too would help eliminate racial discrimination? :confused:

No no I meant in my ideal world there wouldn't be racial discrimination in addition to everyone being bi lol i realize it came out wrong :p

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:28
gets the point across, however I can just see the ignorant youtube comments now, I swear the people who are against homosexuality and post comments about it have the worst spelling and grammer, and it seems like talking to a monkey...and then the people who stick up for the helpless video bloggers have a more inteligent comment or post......however that may be a ganeralization:)

Oh the irony...

Paddy

But everyones different, why should everyone have to be the same as other people??
Part of being human is the differences.
Liking everyone would be a ridiculously unrealistic expectation, something people just dont do, if you dont like someone well you dont like them, simple.

patriots88888

I think he was merely adding on to what his 'ideal' world would be.

EDIT: As he has explained. :p

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:29

Pretty much :)

Don't take what i said so literal.. in todays world mutual respect is the answer. In my ideal world bisexuality and respect would be my answer... like i said there's more to choose from and I think it would bring people closer together

but I am not Bi:D

I hope I am not double,posting here....

Oh the irony...

^I don't get it......

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 00:29

I thought that was possible anyway now. Don't some churches offer gay marriage ceremonies? If a church wants to do so, the government cannot prevent them (that would violate the first amendment). The only thing the government has power over is whether couples receive legal standing (mainly with regard to taxes).

I would have said waggish.

:vlol:

why should someone not be allowed to marry in their own church of their own religeon.....

As long as the church doesn't receive government money, the government has no right to force (or forbid) the church to perform any religious ceremonies. I actually can't think of any valid reasons why a church would be receiving government money at the moment (separation of church and state and all that) so yeah, government isn't allowed to tell churches what to believe.

TRhalloween
07-10-09, 00:30
Better yet, if we could accept that we're all different instead of all being the same.

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:31
But everyones different, why should everyone have to be the same as other people??

I agree...

but I think the more options there are to love the better... if everyone liked everything then it would be easier to find love and feel good...

I know it sounds like some kind of love fascism but idk.. I'm just looking at it in theory idk what the world would be like if everyone really did love one another in both a loving and sexual way. Or either or... idk if it would make a difference

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:31
Better yet, if we could accept that we're all different instead of all being the same.

Thats it :tmb:
I agree...

but I think the more options there are to love the better... if everyone liked everything then it would be easier to find love and feel good...

I know it sounds like some kind of love fascism but idk.. I'm just looking at it in theory idk what the world would be like if everyone really did love one another in both a loving and sexual way. Or either or... idk if it would make a difference

That doesnt work, this world would be dire if everyone liked everything.

irjudd
07-10-09, 00:32
No no I meant in my ideal world there wouldn't be racial discrimination in addition to everyone being bi lol i realize it came out wrong :p
Oh. Well that makes more sense. No racial discrimination. Yes that's a logical thing to wish for. But I like being straight; us guys are too hairy and sweaty and gross. I really can't understand why women like to snuggle up to our smelly asses either, but I'm glad some do. :p

Rai
I like the way he's turned things around. It made me see how it must feel to get this kind of questioning.

larafan25

whats so different? were all homo's....

homosaphians

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:33

homosaphians

I figured you meant that even before reading the white text :p

EmeraldFields
Oh. Well that makes more sense. No racial discrimination. Yes that's a logical thing to wish for. But I like being straight; us guys are too hairy and sweaty and gross.

That's what waxing and antiperspirant are for!:D

Catapharact
I thought that was possible anyway now. Don't some churches offer gay marriage ceremonies? If a church wants to do so, the government cannot prevent them (that would violate the first amendment). The only thing the government has power over is whether couples receive legal standing (mainly with regard to taxes).

That is exactly it and unions legally recognize those rights and proceedings. The right to provide services for a marriage ceremony should always be in the hands of the decan/priest etc. him/herself. To limit those rights by force infringes on the Church's rights.

TRhalloween
Oh. Well that makes more sense. No racial discrimination. Yes that's a logical thing to wish for. But I like being straight; us guys are too hairy and sweaty and gross.

Studies have shown that women have hair and sweat too.

homosaphians

I see what you did there :pi:

Not everywhere.

Carbonek_0051
07-10-09, 00:34
But I like being straight; us guys are too hairy and sweaty....

:cln:

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:34
Doesn't civil unions fall under the whole "separate, but equal" category which was deemed unconstitutional?

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:35
:cln:

wow! the things that turn straight men off:p

we find attractive:p

LaraLuvrrr

Shave, take a shower, and freshen up. Problem solved :p jk

I find it funny how the ancients Greeks for example could appreciate beauty for what it is. Male female young or old....

trXD
Liking everyone would be a ridiculously unrealistic expectation, something people just dont do, if you dont like someone well you dont like them, simple.

I find that question a little weird, we all have eyes hands and feet, but that doesn't mean we aren't all different? If everyone was Bi then nobody would honestly care now would they? Sexuality doesn't change who you are so everyone would still be different.

I could say the same thing for straight, i sort of wish everyone was straight. Not because i have some sort of hatred for same sex couples, but so everyone would be happy and dandy and sexuality doesn't exist.

And by "Liking everyone" i just meant being bisexual, being attracted to both sexes.

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:36
Doesn't civil unions fall under the whole "separate, but equal" category which was deemed unconstitutional?

How so? Under lawful unions, you have the same rights and entitlement as a married couple. You just aren't using the word "Marriage" or you are just skipping the religious ceremony.

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:37
I find that question a little weird, we all have eyes hands and feet, but that doesn't mean we aren't all different? If everyone was Bi then nobody would honestly care now would they? Sexuality doesn't change who you are so everyone would still be different.

I could say the same thing for straight, i sort of wish everyone was straight. Not because i have some sort of hatred for same sex couples, but so everyone would be happy and dandy and sexuality doesn't exist.

And by "Liking everyone" i just meant being bisexual, being attracted to both sexes.
To find that question weird you wouldve misunderstood it. I mean differences in what we like lol.
And the bolded, fair enough but I still dont think it matters which sexuality people are.

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:37
How so? Under lawful unions, you have the same rights and entitlement as a married couple. You just aren't using the word "Marriage" or you are just skipping the religious ceremony.

but if they are religeous they can do that right?

irjudd
07-10-09, 00:38
but if they are religeous they can do that right?

Not if gayeousness is strictly against said religion. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense now would it?

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:38

Hmm good point... actually wait everyone being bisexual would not make everyone the same. They still maintain their differences as a person but what they are attracted to is more open. aghh idk. There will always be similarities and differences no matter what you tweak

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:39

It's the fact that you aren't able to call the legal union between gay couples "marriage". Nobody says "Will you civil union me?":p

Kinda like with the segregation of African Americans, even if the facilities were considered exactly the same, they weren't considered on the same level as whites because of the fact that they couldn't use the same things.

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:39
Does it really matter that much that we arent all bi??
Im proud to be straight, nothing wrong with being gay for those who are but Im proud of who I am.

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:40
Not if gayeousness is strictly against said religion. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense now would it?

your use of the word in bold throws me off..:p

I mean, if there was a gay couple who belonged to a church of hwatever religeon, would they be able to marry in their church doing the whole religeous thing?

is that up to the priest or government?:)

TRhalloween
07-10-09, 00:41
I've heard that if you get a civil union and move to a different state, you're not civil partners :o I don't know if that's correct.

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:42
I've heard that if you get a civil union and move to a different state, you're not civil partners :o I don't know if that's correct.

Yep, if you're married in Iowa and move to Nebraska or any other state that has a Constitution which bans same sex marriage, it is void.

Catapharact
Kinda like with the segregation of African Americans, even if the facilities were considered exactly the same, they weren't considered on the same level as whites because of the fact that they couldn't use the same things.

The standing offers of employment, Of legal status and rights, and Segrigation to the point where they built seperate structures to house blacks compared to just not allowing you to use the word "marriage" to describe your union on paper? Your explination is farfetched at best. You can call your union whatever you want.

trXD
To find that question weird you wouldve misunderstood it. I mean differences in what we like lol.
And the bolded, fair enough but I still dont think it matters which sexuality people are.

No i fully understood it, and my statement stands. Imagine a world where some people have feet and some have flippers, and someone said that everyone should have just feet, maybe someone would say "i don't want that to happen, that would get rid of the difference between us". Now look at our world, we all have feet but we don't feel like that constricts us because we don't know any different. If everyone was bisexual, nobody would care, there would be no harm.

And unfortunately it does matter what sexuality you are in this world, that's the whole point.

But I like being straight; us guys are too hairy and sweaty and gross.

Its an impossible thing to imagine isnt it? But logically it makes sense, if you were gay then you wouldn't care, you wouldn't find men sweaty and gross and so there would be no problem.

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:43

I think it is true....GAAAAA why is this so complicated:p

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:43
But how it is now shouldnt be harmful to anyone. Dont see why people being just straight or just gay is any sort of issue?

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:45
The standing offers of employment, Of legal status and rights, and Segrigation to the point where they built seperate structures to house blacks compared to just not allowing you to use the word "marriage" to describe your union on paper? Your explination is farfetched at best. You can call your union whatever you want.

The thing with civil unions in the US is that they are not recognized by the federal government, so couples would not be able to file joint-tax returns or be eligible for tax breaks or protections the government affords to married couples.

trXD
07-10-09, 00:45
But how it is now shouldnt be harmful to anyone here. Dont see why people being just straight or just gay is any sort of issue?

But it is an issue, there is lot of sexuality discrimination in the world. Maybe its not an issue to you or for you but it still exists.

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 00:46
There will always be similarities and differences no matter what you tweak

I was actually just helping my brother edit a philosophy essay on Montaigne. What a coincidence, considering that line you said was basically the essay's thesis :p

It's the fact that you aren't able to call the legal union between gay couples "marriage". Nobody says "Will you civil union me?":p

Freedom of speech -- call it whatever you like, the government can't stop you :) I'm of the opinion that all legal documents should say "civil union" (gay or straight) and then people can call it whatever they want outside of legal stuff. Unfortunately that idea doesn't seem to be catching on even though I think it would solve the whole argument over the word "marriage" :o

I mean, if there was a gay couple who belonged to a church of hwatever religeon, would they be able to marry in their church doing the whole religeous thing?

is that up to the priest or government?:)

It's up to the priest.

I would imagine that's only true if the state they move to has different laws on what makes up a civil union. If the laws are the same in both states, I can't understand why the civil union wouldn't be recognized in both.

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:46
But it is an issue, there is lot of sexuality discrimination in the world. Maybe its not an issue to you or for you but it still exists.

Youre right there and tbh my post was unrealistic but my point was more that everyone should be proud of who they are, thats more what I was getting at :p

trXD
07-10-09, 00:48
Youre right there and tbh my post was unrealistic but my point was more that everyone should be proud of who they are, thats more what I was getting at :p

Your right everyone should be proud of who they are:)

But that wasn't the only subject you were talking about, you viewed the idea of everyone being the same sexuality as a somewhat twisted concept. I was just trying to convince you otherwise.

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:49
The thing with civil unions in the US is that they are not recognized by the federal government, so couples would not be able to file joint-tax returns or be eligible for tax breaks or protections the government affords to married couples.

The benifits shift from state to state. Some states offer compensation on their own to make up for the fedral govenment's tax breaks. So in the end, its simply down to econimics really. A talented lesbian/gay workforce ends up moving to a given state provides economic return for that given state.

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 00:50
I was actually just helping my brother edit a philosophy essay on Montaigne. What a coincidence, considering that line you said was basically the essay's thesis :p

lol woot!! :D

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 00:50

Right, that's why I think people should be pushing for civil unions in every state. Fighting over the word "marriage" is distracting and slows down the progress of achieving the actual legal rights behind the concept. Whether it's right or wrong, it seems to be the case that there are a lot of people who would vote for equal rights for gay couples if it was called a civil union but not if it was called a marriage (even if the underlying legal rights were exactly the same).

But logically it makes sense, if you were gay then you wouldn't care, you wouldn't find men sweaty and gross and so there would be no problem.

I'm a straight woman and I still don't find sweaty gross men to be attractive :p Even if everybody was bisexual, people would still have different preferences over who they like and who they don't.

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:51
^I think that prefference depends on the sexual modd your in, if you catch my drift(won't go into anymore detail):D

Your right everyone should be proud of who they are:)

But that wasn't the only subject you were talking about, you viewed the idea of everyone being the same sexuality as a somewhat twisted concept. I was just trying to convince you otherwise.

I can see how anyone would find that twisted...

if I was to imagine being straight right now, I wouldn't want to be straight because I like men, however once I was straight I would like it because I would like women and not men, same goes vise versa, however I am unsure for bisexuality:)

maybe it's easier to take in and understand that idea when you are bisexual:)

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:52

if I was to imagine being straight right now, I wouldn't want to be straight because I like men, however once I was straight I would like it because I would like women and not men, same goes vise versa, however I am unsure for bisexuality:)

Twisted? I disagreed with it yeah but I never said it was twisted lol
Ridiculous assumption.

Catapharact
07-10-09, 00:52
I'm a straight woman and I still don't find sweaty gross men to be attractive :p Even if everybody was bisexual, people would still have different preferences over who they like and who they don't.

Get ready to be flamed crisp by the sweaty gross guys group :p Lol!

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:53
Ridiculous assumption.

it wasn't an assumption, it was said in the post above me that I quoted:)

trXD
07-10-09, 00:53

The thing is you can never fully understand being another sexuality, but logically it makes sense. I cant possibly imagine being attracted to men but i know in my brain that if i was then it would seem normal to me and there wouldn't be a problem. So even though the actual thought is a little ridiculous to me, i know that turning gay wouldn't be a bad thing.

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:54
it wasn't an assumption, it was said in the post above me that I quoted:)

Yeah which I directed to, I quoted you but was meant for the person who incorrectly stated I thought that was twisted.
Anyway I had my say :)

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 00:54
Get ready to be flamed crisp by the sweaty gross guys group :p Lol!

Hey, if they don't want to shower then they have to accept the consequences :p

larafan25
07-10-09, 00:55
The thing is you can never fully understand being another sexuality, but logically it makes sense. I cant possibly imagine being attracted to men but i know in my brain that if i was then it would seem normal to me and there wouldn't be a problem. So even though the actual thought is a little ridiculous to me, i know that turning gay wouldn't be a bad thing.

ya, you understand:0

I think we all understand it, right now I don't want to be straight and I am happy being gay, however say within a magical 2 seconds I randomly became straight I would like it because I would be into women and not wanna be gay.....:p

Yeah which I directed to, I quoted you but was meant for the person who incorrectly stated I thought that was twisted.
Anyway I had my say

^ya I was simply reffering to anyone who doesn't understand the concept or thinks the idea is twisted because they cannot imagine themselves in the position, which would be completely normal:)

trXD
*nods at larafan* Somebody else gets it :)

Ridiculous assumption.

You never did say that but that's just what i got from what you were saying, perhaps a better idea is "wrong" or just something along those lines. You were saying nobody would change but i was saying that even if everyone did change in that way then they wouldn't actually care once it happens.

EmeraldFields
The benifits shift from state to state. Some states offer compensation on their own to make up for the fedral govenment's tax breaks. So in the end, its simply down to econimics really. A talented lesbian/gay workforce ends up moving to a given state provides economic return for that given state.

Well, then all of the states should be hopping on the bandwagon!:p

Right, that's why I think people should be pushing for civil unions in every state. Fighting over the word "marriage" is distracting and slows down the progress of achieving the actual legal rights behind the concept. Whether it's right or wrong, it seems to be the case that there are a lot of people who would vote for equal rights for gay couples if it was called a civil union but not if it was called a marriage (even if the underlying legal rights were exactly the same).

I could live with that. However, there are people out there on both sides who would give that idea a big NO.

I know other things should take priority over gay rights atm (economy, healthcare, war) but I wish Obama would get his butt moving on something for the gay community which supported him.:p

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:57
*nods at larafan* Somebody else gets it :)

You never did say that but that's just what i got from what you were saying, perhaps a better idea is "wrong" or just something along those lines. You were saying nobody would change but i was saying that even if everyone did change in that way then they wouldn't actually care once it happens.

Wasnt really what I intended to imply :p tbh

Draco
07-10-09, 00:58
The gay one is open to anybody who supports gay rights :)

Is it a 'gay' group or a civil rights group?

larafan25
^gay:)

does anyone think a gay president would be possible in the future?:)

trXD
Wasnt really what I intended to imply :p tbh

You disagreed with my belief that everything would be better if everyone was the same sexuality, therefore you found the idea wrong. Maybe twisted wasn't the best word i could have used.

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 00:59

When some people still think gays shouldn't have rights? No.:p

Not for many more years methinks.

Paddy
07-10-09, 00:59
You disagreed with my belief that everything would be better if everyone was the same sexuality, therefore you found the idea wrong. Maybe twisted wasn't the best word i could have used.
I based my view on the fact people should be proud of who they are, not have to change their ways for other people.
I stand by my view like everyone else does.

larafan25
07-10-09, 01:00
When some people still think gays shouldn't have rights? No.:p

Not for many more years methinks.

oh right, they probably wouldn't get enough votes:p

trXD
07-10-09, 01:05
I based my view on the fact people should be proud of who they are, not have to change their ways for other people.
I stand by my view like everyone else does.

Yes i know... i have already explained my opinion on how nobody would feel exploited or changed if everyone turned Bi. Which you haven't even countered. I respect your opinion and i can see where your coming from but im just trying to explain to you how it doesn't work like that.

Sorry if im sounding mean now, this conversation is just getting confusing lol:p

Paddy
07-10-09, 01:06
Yes i know... i have already explained my opinion on how nobody would feel exploited or changed if everyone turned Bi. Which you haven't even countered. I respect your opinion and i can see where your coming from but im just trying to explain to you how it doesn't work like that.

Sorry if im sounding mean now, this conversation is just getting confusing lol:p

I understand where youre coming from, I agree the world just isnt like that :p
One can only dream though :o

January_Snow*
07-10-09, 01:08
Well that video was interesting :)
And whats this how everyone should go bi you guys are talking about? I cant get anything the conversations are to complicated...

SamReeves
07-10-09, 01:10
Oh my God, like drama queens of any variety SUCK!

TRfan23
07-10-09, 01:17
Interesting video, not brilliant but personally I love anything involving irony :)

It's up to the priest.

I though it was up to the pope? Isn't he the one that deals with the rules on how the church works?

oh right, they probably wouldn't get enough votes:p

No the president shan't come out until he's been elected :p The beauty of sexuality secrecy :D

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 01:18
I though it was up to the homophobic pope? Isn't he the one that deals with the rules on how the church works?

Catholicism isn't the only religion in the country.

TRfan23
07-10-09, 01:20
Catholicism isn't the only religion in the country.

Is that the only religion he's incharge of? I thought it was all of Christianity?

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 01:21
Is that the only religion he's incharge of? I thought it was all of Christianity?

No, there were a lot of arguments over the pope's authority and a lot of Protestant Christian sects branched off. They each have different rules and don't follow the pope. Plus of course there are other religions besides Christianity.

Lemmie
07-10-09, 01:22

*As Ward Dragon said*

larafan25
Interesting video, not brilliant but personally I love anything involving irony :)

I though it was up to the homophobic pope? Isn't he the one that deals with the rules on how the church works?

No the president shan't come out until he's been elected :p The beauty of sexuality secrecy :D

^Oh my gosh I would have never thought of that!:O:D

Catapharact

Clearly you missed out on the segment on the great schism in your history class.

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 01:24
Clearly you missed out on the segment on the great schism in your history class.

That was always one of the best parts of my World History class. Well, that and the Han dynasty.:p

larafan25
07-10-09, 01:25

^I haven't learnt that?:)

oh must be grd 11 or 12...world history:)

EmeraldFields
07-10-09, 01:25
^I haven't learnt that?:)

Than you're obligated to read up on it!:D

oh must be grd 11 or 12...world history:)

Actually it's 10th grade.:p

larafan25
07-10-09, 01:27
Than you're obligated to read up on it!:D

meh.....I'll wait untill I leanr it in the next 2 years:p

right now I am drowning in romeo and juliet reading:p

just starting to grasp it in a way that allows me to freely write about any of it's topics for school:)

TRfan23
07-10-09, 01:31

I never studied Religion & History of the pope's authority in the Vatican. In RE itself it was just Religion & Politics, Religion & Marriage, Religion & The Environment, Religion & Science... ;)

My own - Religion & Myself, Religion & TRF and lastly Religion & Everything with the exception of the Pope's authority in the Vatican... :p

In history for GCSE at least all I learned was - Russia (Soviet Union + ???) & America (Depression & New Deal + ???)... iirc. I was great at history got like A's and B's in my work till my exam got an E, cocked it all up :(

??? = Forgot topic name :(

I think we're starting to go :off: :(

January_Snow*
07-10-09, 01:39

Catolicism isnt a religion.. You have Christianity, first the chruch devided on Western Catolic and Easter Ortodox, and after that the Protestant church divided itself from Catolic church... Catolic, Ortodox, Protestant, those are branches of Christianity... Ortodox and Protestant church would never accept pope's control when the main reason we divided our self were the popes...

Catapharact
07-10-09, 01:40
Catolicism isnt a religion.. You have Christianity, first the chruch devided on Western Catolic and Easter Ortodox, and after that the Protestant church divided itself from Catolic church... Catolic, Ortodox, Protestant, those are branches of Christianity... Ortodox and Protestant church would never accept pope's control when the main reason we divided our self were the popes...

And there you have it people. That's the schism in a nut shell.

TRfan23
07-10-09, 01:50
^ Oh thanks for that January :)

I can just be Dim Witted at times :(

MattTR
07-10-09, 01:52
Haha, that guys got a point. A very valid point. :tmb:

LaraLuvrrr
07-10-09, 01:56

Farrrr future maybe :)

I would just love for a president to be in the closet and then come out. Then the people have no choice but to admit we had a gay president lol

actually i think there's rumors that abraham lincoln may have been gay

larafan25
07-10-09, 01:58
Farrrr future maybe :)

I would just love for a president to be in the closet and then come out. Then the people have no choice but to admit we had a gay president lol

actually i think there's rumors that abraham lincoln may have been gay

I don't care about people admitting to a gay president, I care about peolpe seeing a gay person who can lead a country:)

so they aren't so.....lame I guess:p

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 06:13

does anyone think a gay president would be possible in the future?:)Maybe. Better question though, does anybody care whether or not there ever is a gay president? I certainly don't. All I care about is whether the candidate in question would be good for the job. :)

I can see it now, it'd be Obama all over again. Anyone who disagrees with this candidate would be instantly labeled as homophobic. :hea:

But yeah, I agree with Sam. This guy looks like a bit of a drama queen to me.

TRenTIs
07-10-09, 06:19
Just watched the video now, and wow. He makes a really good point. It's pretty funny, too. :D

Punaxe
07-10-09, 10:08
Just watched the video now, and wow. He makes a really good point. It's pretty funny, too. :D

What point is that exactly?

The questions he asks are irrelevant to straight people, but they make perfect sense to ask homosexuals. Fact is that homosexuals are in the minority as far as we know, that it is indeed something people at some point realize, that this realization comes with difficulty, that it may be a phase, that there is a specialized community, et cetera et cetera.
He only seems to ask questions he probably gets a lot to people the questions don't apply to. Seems to me he's missing the reality of the situation: there are differences. Even if his point is to say that this shouldn't be the case, I'm not sure if we should agree with it because again, there are differences.

trXD
07-10-09, 10:15

The questions he asks are irrelevant to straight people, but they make perfect sense to ask homosexuals. Fact is that homosexuals are in the minority as far as we know, that it is indeed something people at some point realize, that this realization comes with difficulty, that it may be a phase, that there is a specialized community, et cetera et cetera.
He only seems to ask questions he probably gets a lot to people the questions don't apply to. Seems to me he's missing the reality of the situation: there are differences. Even if his point is to say that this shouldn't be the case, I'm not sure if we should agree with it because again, there are differences.

No the questions could apply to straights aswell, they would just be stupid to ask. But they are stupid to ask gay people anyway, thats the whole point.

How do you know your gay if you have never been with someone of the opposite sex?

Why did you want to be gay?

Are you sure your gay?

These questions are just as ridiculous to both sexuality's.

Punaxe
07-10-09, 10:19
No the questions could apply to straights aswell, they would just be stupid to ask. But they are stupid to ask gay people anyway, thats the whole point.

How do you know your gay if you have never been with someone of the opposite sex?

Why did you want to be gay?

Are you sure your gay?

These questions are just as ridiculous to both sexuality's.

I was saying I don't think they're stupid to ask homosexuals, except of course "why did you want to be gay?" but that one is not in the video. And yeah, the first question you mention is rather silly as well. But for the most part, all questions he posed are not ridiculous at all to ask homosexuals because they refer to the reality of things.

trXD
07-10-09, 10:24
I took another look at the video and your right some of them are kind of realistic. But most of them can actually be viewed in the spirit the video intended.

Do you think being gay is just a phase and maybe in a year or two you might start being attracted to people of the opposite sex again?

Oh my god i have a gay friend! Maybe you know each other, i know how you gay people like to hang out together.

So do you have any other gay friends or are you pretty much the only one in your group?

Are you active in the gay community?

So are you really one or are you just slightly attracted to the same sex?

What happens if you influence the sexuality of your kids?

All these questions are completely ignorant and annoying. By turning the word gay into straight the video tries to get people to understand that.

Punaxe
07-10-09, 10:32
(I mixed the order of your post up a bit for easier response.)
I took another look at the video and your right some of them are kind of realistic. But most of them can actually be viewed in the spirit the video intended. (...) All these questions are completely ignorant and annoying. By turning the word gay into straight the video tries to get people to understand that.

I disagree. Let me tell you why I think these questions make sense to ask gay people.

Do you think being gay is just a phase and maybe in a year or two you might start being attracted to people of the opposite sex again?
I know people who did have a gay phase. Also, being heterosexual is statistically much more likely, therefore it makes sense to expect that this may be an experimental phase.

Oh my god i have a gay friend! Maybe you know each other, i know how you gay people like to hang out together.

Are you active in the gay community?
As opposed to a defined straight community, there is such a thing as a gay community. Whether or not someone is active in it says something about this person, and it is indeed possible that he knows others from that group. If you said you collected butterflies, and I knew someone else who did, I may pose the same questions to you: are you active in the butterfly-collecting community? If so, do you know my friend Hans?

So do you have any other gay friends or are you pretty much the only one in your group?
This is especially relevant because being the only one could be very hard for people and it could say something about the level of acceptance/rejection he currently faces.

So are you really one or are you just slightly attracted to the same sex?
Also a valid question: the extend to which it is the case. This one would apply to others as well, though.

What happens if you influence the sexuality of your kids?
Another valid question, do we know if there really is an influence? I don't think the scientists have an answer yet. Even so this question indirectly asks in what way a gay couple would raise their children, how they explain their parents' situation et cetera.

trXD
07-10-09, 11:06
All your answers seem very arrogant if im honest, you seem to think its easy to understand what's going on in gay people's lives. Being gay is just like being straight, only your gay. For the most part anyway.

The questions are annoying because in most cases, they simply don't apply. Just random questioning of your sexuality.

And about the kids thing, it has been proven sexuality cannot be truly influenced. And to be honest the idea that it is is pretty stupid, as if its really that unstable.

Besides even if kids did become gay, so what?

xXhayleyroxXx
07-10-09, 11:10
oh gawd not another sexuality thing :o

i think there's nothing wrong with any of the sexualities - be who you want to be :)

Punaxe
07-10-09, 11:13
All your answers seem very arrogant if im honest, you seem to think its easy to understand what's going on in gay people's lives. Being gay is just like being straight, only your gay. For the most part anyway.
On the contrary, it is never easy to understand what is going on in other people's lives. That's why those questions are relevant: I think they can help others understand.

The questions are annoying because in most cases, they simply don't apply. Just random questioning of your sexuality.
In my previous post I have attempted to give context to some questions. Do you deny those contexts, think they are misplaced, think we should not ask about them, or why exactly do you believe the questions do not apply?

And about the kids thing, it has been proven sexuality cannot be truly influenced. And to be honest the idea that it is is pretty stupid, as if its really that unstable.

Besides even if kids did become gay, so what?

Do you have a link/reference for that proof? I'm very interested in reading it.
Also, I am not judging, I am simply saying it is a valid topic of discussion.

scoopy_loopy
07-10-09, 11:19

The Prime Minister of Iceland, Johanna Sigurdardottir, is a lesbian.
Also, the leader of the Australian Greens party is openly gay.

Im sure there are others :)

Id be interested in reading any proof that can be found aswell. One of the prominent mentors and friends in my life is gay, and I often wonder if I would have remained straight through puberty till now If I had never met him. I think the people who raise you can be very influential towards your sexuality... either by encouraging one way or the other and you agree, or you "rebel" (whether consciously or unconsciously, it doesnt matter) and take another route.

patriots88888
07-10-09, 11:59
Id be interested in reading any proof that can be found aswell. One of the prominent mentors and friends in my life is gay, and I often wonder if I would have remained straight through puberty till now If I had never met him. I think the people who raise you can be very influential towards your sexuality... either by encouraging one way or the other and you agree, or you "rebel" (whether consciously or unconsciously, it doesnt matter) and take another route.

So am I to understand that you're saying that it is a question of choice? Because I have seen others on the forum make statements to the contrary. That it isn't something which can be controlled and ultimately chosen, rather just a natural part of how and who they are. Example quote... 'I don't choose to be gay, it's just the way I am.'

Just curious.

TRfan23
07-10-09, 12:08

Is this enough?

PooEhBxh0NY

Though it doesn't directly answer your question, it may be of some use???

Ikas90
07-10-09, 12:12
Kudos to that guy. :tmb:

msalpha2omega
07-10-09, 12:24
TRfan23, I like the way this video says things the way they really are using some funny examples....

As for the pregnancy part, I've also heard that when a pregnant woman gets really upset, she releases more feminine hormones, increasing the possibility of the baby to become gay, if it's a boy...!

scoopy_loopy
07-10-09, 12:50
So am I to understand that you're saying that it is a question of choice? Because I have seen others on the forum make statements to the contrary. That it isn't something which can be controlled and ultimately chosen, rather just a natural part of how and who they are. Example quote... 'I don't choose to be gay, it's just the way I am.'

Just curious.

Where in my post did I say that it was a choice I made to become gay? :p

Although, there's always a choice its not black and white. Obviously a gay man could choose to never have sex with a man, thus making himself "hetero" to the world (through their eyes, at least).

patriots88888
07-10-09, 13:03
Where in my post did I say that it was a choice I made to become gay? :p

Although, there's always a choice its not black and white. Obviously a gay man could choose to never have sex with a man, thus making himself "hetero" to the world (through their eyes, at least).

Sorry if you misunderstood, but I wasn't referring to only you, but rather anyone who is gay. And this statment you made has me believe that choice would be implied...

I think the people who raise you can be very influential towards your sexuality... either by encouraging one way or the other and you agree, or you "rebel" (whether consciously or unconsciously, it doesnt matter) and take another route.

I can't see how one could be influenced in such a way and choice not playing a part in it, either consciously or unconsciously.

scoopy_loopy
07-10-09, 13:06
I think you've misunderstood me again, there is always choice, but it is never black and white :)

patriots88888
07-10-09, 13:13
I think you've misunderstood me again, there is always choice, but it is never black and white :)

Um, maybe you could explain further please because I'm still not understanding your meaning of, 'but it is never black and white'. Are you saying that in reference to someone pretending to be something that their not? As in, someone who is gay, not practicing his/her given sexuality, thus giving the illusion of being hetero?

MiCkiZ88
07-10-09, 15:08
Um, maybe you could explain further please because I'm still not understanding your meaning of, 'but it is never black and white'. Are you saying that in reference to someone pretending to be something that their not? As in, someone who is gay, not practicing his/her given sexuality, thus giving the illusion of being hetero?
This happens a lot. I know many men who are married, have children and live a ''normal'' life back in finland, whilst once they go on a ''business trip'' or something of the sort, they practise their sexuality. That is wrong as it is both faking and cheating with another person. Bisexuality does give you the choises of what you want to do, but that does not make it so that a person SHOULD choose to be heterosexual due to the pressures of environment. Many do though, and that is their choise. Being gay, lesbian or heterosexual isn't much of a choise though now is it? Being atracted only to your own or opposite gender doesn't really give you a choise to live a normal life by the environment. One should never pretend, but alas, in small villages and towns where people still condeem homosexuality a sin, a disease, mental illness or a bad choise.. it's really one of the only choises.

TRfan23
07-10-09, 15:12
oooo look what I found. A film partially relates to this ;)

J8me5inR7Sw

Basically being gay is fine but being straight isn't...

Lavinder
07-10-09, 15:24
I hate that sexuality always comes down to sex and procreation - if I fall in love with someone, then I fall in love with someone no matter what they are. We're all capable of loving and pleasuring - the whole idea that a man and a woman should be together because they 'fit' and can create babies together is ridiculous. We're overpopulated at it is - there is no need for our species to reproduce at this scale.

[/rant]

irjudd
07-10-09, 15:26
I hate that sexuality always comes down to sex and procreation - if I fall in love with someone, then I fall in love with someone no matter what they are. We're all capable of loving and pleasuring - the whole idea that a man and a woman should be together because they 'fit' and can create babies together is ridiculous. We're overpopulated at it is - there is no need for our species to reproduce at this scale.

[/rant]

... like a glove! :tmb:

larson n natla
07-10-09, 15:42

People often find any intimacy with their un prefered sex awkward and nasty so Id say be who you want to be and this guy makes an extremely valid point in his video I respect him.

amiro1989
07-10-09, 16:06
I believe everyone is bisexual to a certain extent, it just varies from someone to someone else.

But I already saw the video it's great, I love it. I'm so annoyed that people that takes in account that everyone is straight. It always happens to me, and what if I was interested in a guy. It really makes people uncomfortable, and I'm so happy I think like that. I really am. :D

I always ask "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?"

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 16:13
I believe everyone is bisexual to a certain extent, it just varies from someone to someone else.I don't think so. :confused:

irjudd
07-10-09, 16:15
I don't think so. :confused:

Don't pretend you haven't dreamed about me...

amiro1989
07-10-09, 16:16
I don't think so. :confused:

It just varies some are going to be 90 percent gay, and 10 percent straight. Other will be 5% gay and 95% straight. I'm cool with all the things, and I'm not asking you to agree with my theory, it's just my point of view Mad Tony :vlol:.

I believe that if you fall in love with someone, it shouldn't be because she has boobs/vajayjay, or he has a pewpew (or on some cases they have both :whi: ). It's just because you really like them. That's all.

LaraCroftRox
07-10-09, 16:22
I believe everyone is bisexual to a certain extent, it just varies from someone to someone else.

But I already saw the video it's great, I love it. I'm so annoyed that people that takes in account that everyone is straight. It always happens to me, and what if I was interested in a guy. It really makes people uncomfortable, and I'm so happy I think like that. I really am. :D

I always ask "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?"

Exactly my view! :tmb:

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 16:36
It just varies some are going to be 90 percent gay, and 10 percent straight. Other will be 5% gay and 95% straight. I'm cool with all the things, and I'm not asking you to agree with my theory, it's just my point of view Mad Tony :vlol:.

I believe that if you fall in love with someone, it shouldn't be because she has boobs/vajayjay, or he has a pewpew (or on some cases they have both :whi: ). It's just because you really like them. That's all.Is it backed by scientific evidence?

Don't get me wrong, of course there's nothing wrong with being bisexual lol, but I've never had any feelings for anyone belonging to the same sex as me, and I'm sure there are other people who feel this way too.

Lavinder
07-10-09, 16:40
Is it backed by scientific evidence?

Don't get me wrong, of course there's nothing wrong with being bisexual lol, but I've never had any feelings for anyone belonging to the same sex as me, and I'm sure there are other people who feel this way too.

I've heard all little boys get sexual urges for other little boys when their hormones go haywire... :ton:

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 16:41
I've heard all little boys get sexual urges for other little boys when their hormones go haywire... :ton:Can't say that's ever happened to me. LMAO :vlol:

mind
07-10-09, 16:46
I've heard all little boys get sexual urges for other little boys when their hormones go haywire... :ton:
if only urges... omg I was such a slutty child....

xXhayleyroxXx
07-10-09, 16:55
well im not sure if the bi thing is true but i do find other girls attractive - i dont think of them sexually though

mind
07-10-09, 16:56
well im not sure if the bi thing is true but i do find other girls attractive - i dont think of them sexually though
hahah! i feel EXACTLY the same way!! :gay:

amiro1989
07-10-09, 17:00
Can't say that's ever happened to me. LMAO :vlol:

That's exactly what I was referring to. I think it's possible for any gender of any orientation to take a step "on the wild side" :mis:

trXD
07-10-09, 17:03

I can sort of see how that's possible, i don't know how homosexuality can just stem out of nothingness.

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 17:05
Perhaps some people are attracted to the opposite sex, some to both and some to the same? Simple.

trXD
07-10-09, 17:27
Perhaps some people are attracted to the opposite sex, some to both and some to the same? Simple.

I don't know why your stating the obvious, im simply saying maybe all sexuality stems from some sort of deep bisexuality in our genes. Just a guess.

Minty Mouth
07-10-09, 17:29
In my opinion everyone has the capacity to (romantically) fall in love with someone, regardless of their sex.

Reggie
07-10-09, 17:36
^I agree with that. I tend to call those the best friendships you can possibly have. :tmb:

Kelly Craftman
07-10-09, 17:37
In my opinion everyone has the capacity to (romantically) fall in love with someone, regardless of their sex.

Here Here!!

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 17:40
I don't know why your stating the obvious, im simply saying maybe all sexuality stems from some sort of deep bisexuality in our genes. Just a guess.But is there any actual proof to back this up?

In my opinion everyone has the capacity to (romantically) fall in love with someone, regardless of their sex.Well, I don't agree. I think you can love someone as a friend regardless of their sex but that's about it. Each to their own I guess.

Reggie
07-10-09, 17:44
But is there any actual proof to back this up?

Well, I don't agree. I think you can love someone as a friend regardless of their sex but that's about it. Each to their own I guess.
^That doesn't really contradict what MM is saying though because we've both got the same stance there. Love be a part of friendship - it just means there's a strong bond there without it being a sexual relationship. :tmb:

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 17:51
^That doesn't really contradict what MM is saying though because we've both got the same stance there. Love be a part of friendship - it just means there's a strong bond there without it being a sexual relationship. :tmb:Ok, fair enough. :)

I think this "everyone is bisexual" thing is silly though.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-10-09, 18:03
hahah! i feel EXACTLY the same way!! :gay:

haha but im not gay :ton: theres nothing wrong with it in the slightest i just know im straight. i have queried it before but im 100% Sure now :)

irjudd
07-10-09, 18:03
haha but im not gay :ton: theres nothing wrong with it in the slightest i just know im straight. i have queried it before but im 100% Sure now :)You mean you queeried it before.

Minty Mouth
07-10-09, 18:05
You mean you queeried it before.

Haha, punny...

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 18:05
You mean you queeried it before.You're just a pile of jokes aren't you? :vlol: :tmb:

Reggie
07-10-09, 18:16
Ok, fair enough. :)

I think this "everyone is bisexual" thing is silly though.
I agree. Its a sweeping generalisation on sexuality and its done under the assumption that people haven't yet realised their 'true sexuality' yet which is quite a dogmatic approach to take.

On the wider subject, It feels irrelevent in a post-modern age - and yet there are people which keep stigmatising it or making a big deal out of it which is sad. If only we could all accept each other - I mean, sex doesn't hurt anybody does it? (unless people want to be particularly kinky :p).

TRfan23
07-10-09, 18:24
^ tbh sex acts as an anti depressant and in ways can be good for you, thus being healthy, providing you don't over do it otherwise you'll most likely strain any muscles ;) Like eating foods good, except only difference is we need food... just don't over eat or you become fat ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5263250 Scientific evidence :D

trXD
07-10-09, 18:46

Geez its just my take on it. Obviously it doesn't make much sense to you.

And yeah if you take the "everyone is bisexual" quote completely out of context then it sounds ridiculous.

Mad Tony
07-10-09, 18:48
Geez its just my take on it. Obviously it doesn't make much sense to you.I'm just wondering why you think that, that's all.

Why wouldn't it make much sense to me?

Ward Dragon
07-10-09, 21:15

I can't speak for the guy in the video, but to me the point was to understand how it feels to be asked questions of that nature all the time and to be more considerate towards other people and not put them on the spot like that :)

Tonyrobinson
07-10-09, 21:24
Well this video does represent the truth. But after that I think it dies down a bit. One would have to be gay to know how a gay person feels so I guess straight people ask it out of curiosity when actually you soon realize that gays and straights and bisexual are just the same as everyone else. At the end of the day everybody loves somebody no matter what sex :)

AmericanAssassin
07-10-09, 21:31
Interesting video. It sends a good message. :tmb:

Nannonxyay
07-10-09, 21:46

[/rant]

Agreed. :tmb:

Encore
07-10-09, 23:36

Seriously, what the hell was that?

larafan25
07-10-09, 23:56

I think it's true....

however I like men 99% of the time and women 1% of the time.....

:D

Legends
07-10-09, 23:56

Why do you always need "proof" of others opinions when your own also are just speculations? Your point of view is not a solid evidence of any kind, and you never even come up with any proof of your own points, which just makes your replies in this topic completely ridicules.

Larapink
07-10-09, 23:58
I demand a social group for str8 people in TRF now.[
I agree! :D :tmb: I'm straight, and proud and would like everyone to know that I am! :D Oh and I fixed your post! ;)

Lemmie
07-10-09, 23:59

I kind of subscribe to that, and I think it's a lot more subtle than simple sexual attraction. There can be myriad different ways in which someone is attracted to the same or the opposite sex, without sexual activity being the main or even an existant issue in the relationship.

larafan25
08-10-09, 00:00
sexuality is like innocent until proven guilty..

straight untill proven otherwise...........

TRhalloween
08-10-09, 00:02

He means we're all bisexual but some like men/women more than others. Like the ratio varies.

sexuality is like innocent until proven guilty..

straight untill proven otherwise...........

No.

Jo269976
08-10-09, 00:03
Kay, cool...

I love the http://gamesmuseum.uwaterloo.ca/Archives/Culin/Hawaii1899/graphics/cock3.jpg

:ohn:

Atlantisfreak666
08-10-09, 00:40
He's hot.

Thorir
08-10-09, 00:55
Aaw, this is a cute video! :)

Luckily I live in a country where everyone are equal.

It has taken years, but it's like the smoking ban. Some find it annoying, but everyone practically supports it.

larafan25
08-10-09, 01:06
He means we're all bisexual but some like men/women more than others. Like the ratio varies.

No.

maybe not to you and me but this video says it all:)

do you get asked if you are straight or gay?

most people expect the other person to be straight, or just don't think about that persons sexuality:)

not everyone does it but straight people have no need to come out to their parents... and why?:D

TRhalloween
08-10-09, 01:08
maybe not to you and me but this video says it all:)

do you get asked if you are straight or gay?

most people expect the other person to be straight, or just don't think about that persons sexuality:)

not everyone does it but straight people have no need to come out to their parents... and why?:D

I know what you mean now. I thought "Straight until proven guilty" was your belief.
My mum talks about "girlfriends". I guess everyone assumes I'm straight.

Heckler
08-10-09, 01:12
Urgh....i find that guy's videos incredibly cheesy.
This one is rather hilarious though....

larafan25
08-10-09, 01:17
I know what you mean now. I thought "Straight until proven guilty" was your belief.
My mum talks about "girlfriends". I guess everyone assumes I'm straight.

people and straight people esspecially assume I am straight...

I think people who may actually be interested in you(gay guy who may have a thing for you) will have a second guess as they will be paying attention to signs.....

amiro1989
08-10-09, 05:16
Let's stop classifying ourselves, and just say we're able to love. Way more easier that way. If I fall in love with someone it won't be because of her boobs, or his weewee, but because of his/her personnality/person, which is what we're all looking in someone....

Lara.Jolie7
08-10-09, 06:16
It was kind fun :P
xD

Mad Tony
08-10-09, 06:25
Why do you always need "proof" of others opinions when your own also are just speculations? Your point of view is not a solid evidence of any kind, and you never even come up with any proof of your own points, which just makes your replies in this topic completely ridicules.Saying "everyone is bisexual to a certain extent" isn't just some opinion that isn't either right or wrong. It's quite a wild claim and needs to be backed up with at least a little bit of evidence. It's a lot different from somebody just saying something like "I like CD's TR games", because that is just an opinion and it isn't right or wrong.

What more proof do you need? I think the fact that there are people out there (both gay and straight) who are only attracted to one sex is proof enough. Some people are exclusively attracted to one sex. I don't understand why some people don't see that.

It's spelt ridiculous, not ridicules. :)

Johnnay
08-10-09, 06:28
Saying "everyone is bisexual to a certain extent" isn't just some opinion that isn't either right or wrong. It's quite a wild claim and needs to be backed up with at least a little bit of evidence. It's a lot different from somebody just saying something like "I like CD's TR games", because that is just an opinion and it isn't right or wrong.

What more proof do you need? I think the fact that there are people out there (both gay and straight) who are only attracted to one sex is proof enough. Some people are exclusively attracted to one sex. I don't understand why some people don't see that.

yeh but wait. i think what he said Tony is in his opinion and he thinks of that so you cant accuse him and say" i want some Bloody Proof:)" you know.:)

yeh gays and straights( i think straights too) are indeed attracted to one sex and thats the Man:D:D:D:D:D

theyre maybe dont see that coz theyre too scared to know or otherwise if time tells theyre lives may change you never know.

Mad Tony
08-10-09, 06:29
yeh gays and straights( i think straights too) are indeed attracted to one sex and thats the Man:D:D:D:D:DErr, straight men and gay women are attracted to women. :p

Johnnay
08-10-09, 06:30
Err, straight men and gay women are attracted to women. :p

why do i keep thinking that gays are men:hea::hea::hea:

TombRaiderFan.
08-10-09, 07:06

homosaphians

Well, maybe y'all are Homo sapiens, but I like to think of my self as Homo sapiens sapiens. *cough*cough* :p

I think this video is really good. They should've used this video as a commercial in California to support No to Prop. 8

scoopy_loopy
08-10-09, 08:37
Saying "everyone is bisexual to a certain extent" isn't just some opinion that isn't either right or wrong. It's quite a wild claim and needs to be backed up with at least a little bit of evidence. It's a lot different from somebody just saying something like "I like CD's TR games", because that is just an opinion and it isn't right or wrong.

Actually there is quite alot of evidence. Everyone sits on a kind of scale (And many versions of it exist, a popular version being the Kinsey Scale). The one I read about in an old psychology book was a 0-100% scale, with 0% being compeltely and utterly heterosexual (as in, unable to even tell who within their own sex is good looking) and with 100% being totally gay (unable to see who is good looking in the opposite sex). About 10% of the population sits within 0-10% gay, and another 10% of the population sits between 90-100% gay. I would link you, but I dont have time and im sure its easy enough to find on google, if you care to look into it.

Heterosexual, bisexual and homosexual are cookie cutter labels we've simply made up to classify people within sections of this scale.

Paddy
08-10-09, 09:36
why do i keep thinking that gays are men:hea::hea::hea:

You could use the term lesbian, easier to then actually understand your posts.

Legends
08-10-09, 10:43

Well, that is what that person believes. How can anyone really know? Where do you draw the line between attraction, fun and just playing around? To you it may be obvious, but for others, it may not be. And though there is nothing sexual at all going on, just thinking about the smallest little thing about the same sex can be enough, even though you feel no attraction to that at all. Others might, in the moment. So the concept of everyone is "Bisexual to a certain contest" isn't so far of track to some people.

Yeah, you're at least right about that! :D

trXD
08-10-09, 11:15

I was barely even saying that everyone is bisexual if you look deep into my posts, i wish you would stop taking that out of context and making me look crazy.

I meant there is probably some deep bisexuality within all of our genes that our actual sexuality stems from. Im not stupid enough to say everyone is bisexual when its clearly not true.

Encore
08-10-09, 16:19
I meant there is probably some deep bisexuality within all of our genes that our actual sexuality stems from. Im not stupid enough to say everyone is bisexual when its clearly not true.

If we're talking "deep" here, then your best bet is to consider that our most basic natural instincts dictate that we must procreate. Therefore, at the back of our minds when we weren't developed enough to have a cultural and social identity, we are all probably heterossexual because that's what our basic instincts tell us to do: procreate. Not "love".

trXD
08-10-09, 16:29
If we're talking "deep" here, then your best bet is to consider that our most basic natural instincts dictate that we must procreate. Therefore, at the back of our minds when we weren't developed enough to have a cultural and social identity, we are all probably heterossexual because that's what our basic instincts tell us to do: procreate. Not "love".

I have always thought that too, since our natural instincts aren't really about pleasure and are all about reproducing.

It doesn't really go against what im saying though, i still believe there is a deep bisexuality within everyone's genes.

jackles
08-10-09, 17:13
Does it matter who we love? The colour of their skin? Their gender? Or no one at all? Who cares as long as we are happy in the choices that we make.

Reggie
08-10-09, 17:26
^Jackies says it just like it is as usual. :tmb:

mind
08-10-09, 19:02
Well, maybe y'all are Homo sapiens, but I like to think of my self as Homo sapiens sapiens. *cough*cough* :p

I think this video is really good. They should've used this video as a commercial in California to support No to Prop. 8
there are no other subspecies of Homo sapiens so why bother with using trinomial name??

TRfan23
08-10-09, 19:15
there are no other subspecies of Homo sapiens so why bother with using trinomial name??

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-cat-is-under-water.jpg

ta-da! :p

Catapharact
08-10-09, 19:20
ta-da! :p

You are more then welcomed to stip yourself naked, leave the confines of civilzation and get intune with nature. Just remember... I will be hunting you down ;).

Minty Mouth
08-10-09, 19:26
You are more then welcomed to stip yourself naked, leave the confines of civilzation and get intune with nature. Just remember... I will be hunting you down ;).

Is that a threat or a promise?

It had to be done

TRfan23
08-10-09, 19:27
Request Deletion.

Catapharact
08-10-09, 19:27
Well since we are speaking cryptic here:

Both and neither.

mind
08-10-09, 19:31
dont make fun of people with higher intellect:ohn:

TRfan23
08-10-09, 19:38
Wait were you humans taking that as a joke or being serious? :(

*Continues hopping with the bunnies*

LaraLuvrrr
08-10-09, 21:16
Woowwww could this thread be anymore off topic? :vlol:

Rachel Croft
08-10-09, 22:16
None of us would be here if it weren't for straight people like myself.

Forwen
08-10-09, 22:19

Thank you :cool:

TRhalloween
08-10-09, 22:27

err. That's a nice piece of self-worth.

Minty Mouth
08-10-09, 22:32

You don't have to be straight to conceive.

Rachel Croft
08-10-09, 22:55
err. That's a nice piece of self-worth.
Sorry, didn't mean it that way.

I know, but in order for those people who can artificially inseminate -scientists- they had to be conceived in the natural way themselves in the first place, ya know? We all had to start somewhere.

Not trying to argue, just stating an opinion.

larafan25
08-10-09, 23:03

I know, but in order for those people who can artificially inseminate -scientists- they had to be conceived in the natural way themselves in the first place, ya know? We all had to start somewhere.

Evolution, when one horse was born with an insanely long neck.
http://shoyinka.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/giraffe-pic1.jpg

Encore
08-10-09, 23:11

But there's a reason why it's called "artificial insemination" :whi:

TRhalloween
08-10-09, 23:12

But no one said we didn't need straight people.

maniakatosheto
08-10-09, 23:13
I USE STR8! really good colone ^^

Johnnay
09-10-09, 07:05

Lol

XBOXCroft
09-10-09, 08:03
Does being gay decrease overpopulation or increase in overpopulation?
I don't know, I was bored so I asked this question.

scoopy_loopy
09-10-09, 08:10
Decrease... obviously. More gays = (theoretically) less children.

Shark_Blade
09-10-09, 09:12
^Well some do adopt children, increasing their survivality. I'm not sure.

TRLegendLuver
09-10-09, 09:14
Yep I'm straight and proud of it. :vlol:

Shark_Blade
09-10-09, 09:32
^OMG you're straight?? *GASP* :yik:

Hey guys, we have a straight girl here! Come see!

TRLegendLuver
09-10-09, 09:33
You betcha! ^ :)

MiCkiZ88
09-10-09, 09:57
^Well some do adopt children, increasing their survivality. I'm not sure.
?

Of course it is a decrease in overpopulation, even if they adopt a child. They are not creating more people, just taking care of someone elses child who they did not want to keep. Some do have children due to donating to another couple or a surrogate mother.