PDA

View Full Version : YET ANOTHER Postal Strike?!

TR FAN 18
08-10-09, 11:49
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8296660.stm

I'm so sick of these people complaining about their jobs. If you don't like it then get another job! :hea:
If they affect my delivery of RB2 then I will be annoyed.

sandygrimm
08-10-09, 12:14
:vlol: ur upset over a postal strike? We had a nation wide strike on Monday in every department: Security, health, construction, education, justice, transport ... I don't know one month in which there isn't at least one strike in this country :p most recent were in education and justice

disneyprincess20
08-10-09, 12:45
The thing that galls me is that the union representatives say it's all Royal Mail's fault and that they don't want to provide a bad service to customers. I haven't had great service from Royal Mail staff, and I've made it known to them. The postie at our old flat constantly ruined and shredded our mail. I even saw him knock off the lid to our post box and leave it on the floor. He damaged our property and didn't do anything to attempt to fix it. I could support the workers if they provided a good service and were being treated unfairly. The fact that, as far as I have seen, they cannot even provide a decent service makes me think they do not deserve better renumeration. It makes me cross that they are striking, because they are holding ordinary people and small businesses to ransom and they will only end up damaging Royal Mail more as customers/businesses move to courier services instead. They will damage Royal Mail more than save it.

touchthesky
08-10-09, 15:30
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8296660.stm

I'm so sick of these people complaining about their jobs. If you don't like it then get another job! :hea:
If they affect my delivery of RB2 then I will be annoyed.

Because of postal strikes happening all over the world recently I'm still waiting for a parcel that was delivered 3 weeks ago. :(

Mad Tony
08-10-09, 15:42
Privatize it! :tmb:

pneboy
08-10-09, 16:00
if uncharted 2 is late next week, there will be alot of mailmen deaths

RockSteady101
08-10-09, 16:43
Because of postal strikes happening all over the world recently I'm still waiting for a parcel that was delivered 3 weeks ago. :(

lol?

...but yeah, it sucks. :(

Mad Tony
08-10-09, 16:48
I've just realized, what if this happens around the Modern Warfare 2 release? Damn unions.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-10-09, 17:12
lol theres a postage strike here as well - silly peoples :ton:

Draco
08-10-09, 17:16
Government Postal System ftw.

TR FAN 18
13-10-09, 17:02
Well, looks like it's gonna happen. A national postal strike is expected on 22 October UNLESS Royal Mail & CWU come to an agreement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8304537.stm

I'm waiting for Open Unitversity vouchers from Tesco even though they said they dispatched them LAST WEEK. I'm also STILL waiting for RB2.
Royal Mail workers + CWU + Strike = :hea:

UK postal system FTL! :mad:

Eleana
13-10-09, 17:10
It is getting ridiculous. The place I worked had post delayed for weeks. My job was paying contract workers in tempory employment and with no time sheet, that they had sent in good time, meant they just *didn't* get paid.

I personally would make every single Royal Mail employee re-sign their contracts; if they don't like it then don't sign. There are people out there who are hankering for work. I heard an elderly couple scorn at an immigrant family with the usual "They come over here, they take OUR jobs"

... Damn right they do. SOMEONE has to.

igonge
13-10-09, 17:16
Ugh! Why do these strikes always seem to pop up when I've ordered stuff :mad:

Mad Tony
13-10-09, 17:16
Well, looks like it's gonna happen. A national postal strike is expected on 22 October UNLESS Royal Mail & CWU come to an agreement.

I'm waiting for Open Unitversity vouchers from Tesco even though they said they dispatched them LAST WEEK. I'm also STILL waiting for RB2.

UK postal system FTL! :mad:Yeah well those greedy unions are never gonna agree to anything are they?

pneboy
13-10-09, 18:11

UK postal system FTL! :mad:

oh fred fuchs, now it means ill prolly see the ratchet and clank game for 40 online and either have to wait till after the lazy mother..... are back doing their work or buy it in store

btw dont mail men work from 6-12 and get 30k a year

patriots88888
13-10-09, 18:16
Use UPS or FedEx! :p There are alternatives to postal deliveries you know! ;)

Cochrane
13-10-09, 18:35

I don't know about FedEx (they don't operate in Germany for private customers, or if they do they do a very good job at hiding), but UPS as an alternative to anything? I'd rather have my packages delayed by a week-long strike than having to deal with those idiots again...

Tommy123
13-10-09, 20:38

I agree, i love UPS. But i hope this strike ends soon

touchthesky
13-10-09, 21:06
Grr, because of these stupid strikes, my hoodie which I bought 5 weeks ago hasn't come! Now it might be even damn longer...:mad: