PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for some 3D Leatherface action!

Nenya awakens
10-10-09, 11:08
Variety reports that Twisted Pictures (Saw films) is close to taking over the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, with hopes to contemporize the storyline for a 3D film that would be scripted by Stephen Susco (The Grudge).

The new deal would see the producer/financier partnering in the films with Lionsgate, who served as distributor for all of the Saw movies. Little else is known about the potential new project, as everything is currently in the planning stages, assuming the deal goes through successfully.

I was hoping that another film in the series would be made, i loved the Remake and the Prequel movie.

It's probably for the best that another company is taking over but im not sure if Twisted Pictures would be my ideal choice... the Saw films blow.

scion05
10-10-09, 11:13
Sounds cool. I love The original, the remake and the prequel. Not keen on the sequals to the original... seriously, what the hell was the fourth one?! :vlol:

The Beginning is probably my favourite though, although it seems people prefer the remake, along with my dad who tells me that the prequel is crap... pfft, what does he know :ton:

Paperdoll
10-10-09, 11:14
I nearly slept halfway through the remake... so understandably, I'm not even a little bit excited by this.

The movie scene is like a meadow filled with cash cows atm.

LightningRider
10-10-09, 11:20
I nearly slept halfway through the remake... so understandably, I'm not even a little bit excited by this.

The movie scene is like a meadow filled with cash cows atm.

The entertainment business has gone stale. There's nothing original anymore. :(

Nenya awakens
10-10-09, 11:26
Sounds cool. I love The original, the remake and the prequel. Not keen on the sequals to the original... seriously, what the hell was the fourth one?! :vlol:

The Beginning is probably my favourite though, although it seems people prefer the remake, along with my dad who tells me that the prequel is crap... pfft, what does he know :ton:

I agree... whoever decided to turn Leatherface into a Cowardly transvestite needs to be kicked.

I also found the sequel to be a waste of time and the only part i enjoyed was the credits coming up at the end of the film!

Jo269976
10-10-09, 11:44
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :hea:

ECB
10-10-09, 16:12
Yay! I loved the Remake, The Prequel and Original. They're so fun!! :)

TombRaiderLover
10-10-09, 16:18
The original is a masterpiece, in my opinion. I thought the remake was as dull as dishwater when I originally saw it years ago, but it's receiving praise all the time, so I may re-watch it in the future.

Nenya awakens
10-10-09, 17:16
The original is a masterpiece, in my opinion. I thought the remake was as dull as dishwater when I originally saw it years ago, but it's receiving praise all the time, so I may re-watch it in the future.

If it had not had received so many cuts then i believe it would have been a thousand times better then what it was... i found the characters to be typically dull.. especially pepper.. but there was some great scenes and for the most part it was a fun and scary ride.

AmericanAssassin
10-10-09, 17:23
I love the remake and its prequel, but a 3D movie now? Ugh. Hollywood is getting ridiculous. First a Halloween 3D announcement, now this. :rolleyes:

Nenya awakens
10-10-09, 17:47
I love the remake and its prequel, but a 3D movie now? Ugh. Hollywood is getting ridiculous. First a Halloween 3D announcement, now this. :rolleyes:

It was the same in the 80's, they went mental with it..

Jaws 3D

Amityville 3D

Friday the 13th part 3D...

I'm not really into 3D films, My bloody Valentine was a good film with slightly annoying 3D elements.. i liked the normal version much more, I dont see how a 3D TCSM or Halloween will work.

larson n natla
10-10-09, 19:15

3d blows, I'm short sighted so unless I wore it glasses underneath it doesn't work for me :p

Catracoth
10-10-09, 19:16
Yuck, I hated the new TCM movies. They disturbed me worse than the Saw films.

touchthesky
10-10-09, 20:35

I never liked the beginning. My boyfriend doesnt get it lol, he says its good but meh, I just cant warm to it...:o

Lara's Nemesis
10-10-09, 21:17
Noooooooooooo, not another 3D film. :(

I love the original, thought the remake was watchable but am not holding out much hope for this. Hollywood seems really scared to take risks these days.

oocladableeblah
10-10-09, 21:43
How many of these movies are there? I have seen one of them and I have no clue which one it was lol I just know it wasn't the beginning.

Jo269976
10-10-09, 23:52
Yuck, I hated the new TCM movies. They disturbed me worse than the Saw films.

Would it disturb you if I told you Leatherface was partially based on a real person?

He didn't use a chainsaw or mass-murder around 30 people, but he did make masks and body suits out of human flesh, as well as make bone furniture and consume human remains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein