PDA

View Full Version : Lara #2 on VGC's hotest video babes

Samsdad
10-10-09, 19:50
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5503&mp=1

nice to see the old girl get the recognition she desires.

cool_omar
10-10-09, 19:53
there are way more better girls than lara :l

where are clhoe and elena :P

Catracoth
10-10-09, 19:58
Kasumi is number one? Pish posh!

Peanut
10-10-09, 20:05
there are way more better girls than lara :l

where are clhoe and elena :P

You have got to be kidding me!

Minty Mouth
10-10-09, 20:12
I think Hitomi is hotter...

Nerd For Life
10-10-09, 20:20
Mmm, Ivy... :D

Megalith
10-10-09, 20:28
In terms of hotness Bayonetta obliterates all of them!:D

Sir Croft
10-10-09, 20:30
In terms of hotness Bayonetta obliterates all of them!:D

I actually think Bayonetta forces too much. That kills all her sexyness.

Megalith
10-10-09, 20:35
I actually think Bayonetta forces too much. That kills all her sexyness.

Even more than Ivy and Kasumi?
To me it's the style of a character that makes her sexy or not and Bayonetta has it in spades.

Legend of Lara
10-10-09, 20:45
Kasumi? Really? I was expecting Samus, to be honest...

Sir Croft
10-10-09, 20:49
Even more than Ivy and Kasumi?
To me it's the style of a character that makes her sexy or not and Bayonetta has it in spades.

Well, any character from DoA or Soul Calibur forces too much, and I didn't say they didn't. :p
I just think Bayonetta was oversexualized to attract attention, lots of people will buy the game just to see her melon-sized breasts.

AmericanAssassin
10-10-09, 22:16
Psh. Lara should be number one. Nobody is sexier than her (except Natla). ;)

Cloe Christina
10-10-09, 22:21
i just knew tifa would be on there ..... as soon as i opened this thread i thought of her ....

trXD
10-10-09, 22:31
They're kidding with kasumi right?

She's awesome but chun li is just a much better version of her, classic lara should have won.

Tear
10-10-09, 22:40
...Kasumi hotter than THE Lara Croft...?

:rolleyes:...Lame.

Johnnay
10-10-09, 22:46
Kasumi being No 1=Fail. seriously even Tina is more hotter than her

what the **** Asuka on the list. No way. Nina Williams will be and will be the hottest fighting game girl on the VGWorld.

even Nina can kick Kasumis ass anyday

tacotaskforce
10-10-09, 22:47
I'm surprised to not see Alyx on this top ten, since she usually sneaks in so that the author can feel good about themself by putting a "normal" girl on it. I guess this top ten has a minimum bust size requirement.

Johnnay
10-10-09, 22:54
I'm surprised to not see Alyx on this top ten, since she usually sneaks in so that the author can feel good about themself by putting a "normal" girl on it. I guess this top ten has a minimum bust size requirement.

im feeling its more about breasts than actual hotness

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-10-09, 00:10
Ivy? Wow. :vlol:

I disagreed with most of the list, tbh. That was a pretty weird lineup.

God Horus
11-10-09, 00:12
Chun Li = eww.

larafan25
11-10-09, 00:14
wooohooooo

go lara!!:D

if you look in my avatar you will see the face that will be in the number one spot on next years list:D

anywho who the heck is this Kasumi women?:O

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-10-09, 00:34
Well, any character from DoA or Soul Calibur forces too much, and I didn't say they didn't. :p
I just think Bayonetta was oversexualized to attract attention, lots of people will buy the game just to see her melon-sized breasts.

I agree that she is oversexualized, but her breasts really aren't that big. They're not small, but not big, either. It seems that they're focusing more on her butt and... erm... crotch. :S

4sd-9Jk8oR8

The crotch shots are disturbing. Maybe they should hire Alison Carroll to model as her. :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
11-10-09, 00:36
I agree that she is oversexualized, but her breasts really aren't that big. They're not small, but not big, either. It seems that they're focusing more on her butt and... erm... crotch. :S

[youtube]4sd-9Jk8oR8[/

The crotch shots are disturbing. Maybe they should hire Alison Carroll to model as her. :vlol:

Ugh I still cringe at that trailer, and the fact her hair is her outfit.

larafan25
11-10-09, 00:51
beyonetta disgusts me....

Carbonek_0051
11-10-09, 00:55
WAIT! Hold the phone...

Where is Rubi Malone?!

Minty Mouth
11-10-09, 00:56
WAIT! Hold the phone...

Where is Rubi Malone?!

Check the 10 Ugliest game characters list :wve:

Legend of Lara
11-10-09, 00:58
WAIT! Hold the phone...

Where is Rubi Malone?!

You mean Rubi Manface?

Carbonek_0051
11-10-09, 01:01
Check the 10 Ugliest game characters list :wve:

You mean Rubi Manface?

She is far from ugly.:ohn:

http://www.wvgazette.com/mediafiles/thumbs/595/334.6875/wetmain_I090916103754.jpg

]{eith
11-10-09, 01:02
That list is so lame. The only character that deserves to be there is Lara. Chun Li and Samus are so over rated - I don't even get Samus' appeal at all. And Kasumi at No.1? Bah!! Where is Sonya Blade? The real reason the 'damsel in distress' cliche was thrown out! :ohn:

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/Cynical_Hippie/render.gif

Minty Mouth
11-10-09, 01:02
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]

http://www.wvgazette.com/mediafiles/thumbs/595/334.6875/wetmain_I090916103754.jpg

Case and Point, my friend.

Legend of Lara
11-10-09, 01:04

Still looks like a man. A very manly man!

bloodstormaoa
11-10-09, 01:15
Where is the Kasumi love?!

Kasumi ftw! :ohn:

But Lara should be no.1

Sir Croft
11-10-09, 01:37

lmao :vlol:
Poor Alison, those shots will never be forgotten!

Johnnay
11-10-09, 01:38

she looks like Curtis from Degeneration.

she looks definitely like a Man.

voltz
11-10-09, 04:32
bogus list. Neither Taki, Mai, Cammy nor Nina Williams are on that list.

(considers labeling thread as forum spam :D)

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-10-09, 04:36

I'm not gonna lie, she looks like a dude in that pic. Mainly because of the thick eyebrows and no eye makeup to balance it. Girl could use some tweezers and mascara. :p

No really, though. I think Rubi is hot as hades, but this pic isn't so flattering.

voltz
11-10-09, 04:40
She's a man baby!!

Tear
11-10-09, 06:36

:vlol::vlol:

scoopy_loopy
11-10-09, 07:13
Ew. Kasumi is number one? Is this what hetero's want from women? Gianormous tits and a flat and submissive personality?

Oh wait. Yes, I suppose it is :tea:

Yeah, she looks like a Japanese styled "hunk"

LightningRider
11-10-09, 09:00
Well technically, that's a Beta Screen.

But I agree with Nate, my mind wen tot "Where's Rubi? She's better than half of these people. :rolleyes:"

:p

jcmp03051994
11-10-09, 09:06
where is clare redfield?? or jill valentine??
what happened to nina williams??????!!!!

LightningRider
11-10-09, 09:07
Still gonna say Rubi should be in this... :whi:

http://www.rubiwet.com/ima/common/game_rubi_screen09.jpg

Johnnay
11-10-09, 09:16

She still looks like a man:p

yeah jcmp where are those 3 characters:mad:

jcmp03051994
11-10-09, 09:21
She still looks like a man:p

yeah jcmp where are those 3 characters:mad:

i know... she looks like a man with way too much testosterone!!!! LOL

i know....... i wish they were in it!!!!!! i think the people that made this list are blind! (no offence! LOL) the only good thinks they done in that list were tifa, kasumi and lara!

larson n natla
11-10-09, 09:38
Were is the lunch lady from Bully :(

Shark_Blade
11-10-09, 09:44
No Jill Valentine? No Sophitia from Soul Calibur?

That list = FAIL!

And Kasumi is so average, can't believe she's #1. :/
Bayonetta seems to be trying too hard to be sexy and cool via the crotch shot. Even Ivy doesn't go that far.
Reminds me of this video:

cbZnrPFQFmU

adventurerLara
11-10-09, 09:53

I second that! :D

Minty Mouth
11-10-09, 09:55

She looks less like a man in that shot, but still, she's not as hot as the girls that made the list.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-10-09, 10:46
wow hot girls! well i shouldnt really be saying that since im a straight girl haha

lara should have been number one :)

but Chun Li's legs are gross - sorry but how are they attractive?

xx

jcmp03051994
11-10-09, 11:14
wow hot girls! well i shouldnt really be saying that since im a straight girl haha

lara should have been number one :)

but Chun Li's legs are gross - sorry but how are they attractive?

xx

i second that!!!! they look way to big.... incredible hulk much?

marla_biggs
11-10-09, 11:48
OMG @ Ivy's outfit

Shark_Blade
11-10-09, 11:50
Some people like thunder thighs, or sometimes called the manly legs lol. :p

Psychos'Я'Us
11-10-09, 12:12
Lmao! Honestly, that list made me laugh out loud. The only person that I think deserves to be on that list and on that spot is Lara :p My number one would obviously be Jill Valentine =]

LightningRider
11-10-09, 12:14
Some people like thunder thighs, or sometimes called the manly legs lol. :p

Thunder Thighs look good, but they are sooooo not sexy. :p

aurora89
11-10-09, 13:42
Kasumi, what? I don't even know who that is. :p Lara should have been #1! But I suppose #2 isn't so bad at all...

trXD
11-10-09, 13:57
Kasumi, what? I don't even know who that is. :p

A quick google image search should give you the jist of her character.

http://www.blogcdn.com/xbox.joystiq.com/media/2006/06/kasumi.jpg

LightningRider
11-10-09, 14:03

She looks more skank than beauty. Though, her hair is awesome. :D

Whoa 2K posts! :cln:

trXD
11-10-09, 14:17
The weird thing is, shes the least skanky one out of that entire series O_o

And wow that's awesome! congrats!

Edit: i have never gotten the chance to say this but i love your avatar, mysims are adorable!

LightningRider
11-10-09, 14:23
The weird thing is, shes the least skanky one out of that entire series O_o

And wow that's awesome! congrats!

Edit: i have never gotten the chance to say this but i love your avatar, mysims are adorable!

Least Skanky? Danggg. I'd dread to see the other girls.

And thanks for both the posts and avatar (which isn't MySims, but actually a different thing: Buddy Poke (http://www.buddypoke.com/)

Chocola teapot
11-10-09, 16:46

That's hot.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-10-09, 17:13
i second that!!!! they look way to big.... incredible hulk much?

i know! haha

Trigger_happy
11-10-09, 17:41
Does seem a little like a list of "top 10 skanks"- none of those look anything like real girls.

Tommy123
11-10-09, 19:36
Does seem a little like a list of "top 10 skanks"- none of those look anything like real girls.

exactly. Samus and Lara are the only ones who look rather...normal

trXD
11-10-09, 19:42

That's hot.

Kinda looks like she has one boob bigger than the other though.

Tommy123
11-10-09, 19:46

haha it does. She need to get that fixed

Legend of Lara
11-10-09, 19:47

Why, those would be the... lovely breast "physics" of DOAX2 in action...

Minty Mouth
11-10-09, 19:48
When they're that big, proportion is the last thing on my mind.

Tear
11-10-09, 19:48

:yik: Don't remind me!

]{eith
11-10-09, 19:58

It looks like they're trying to escape. And frankly, I wouldn't blame them. :pi:

GenyaArikado
11-10-09, 22:53
Why Jill Valentine is not in that list? She almost showed her boobs in RE5 and what she gets for doin tha! Nothing

bloodstormaoa
12-10-09, 00:18
What's with all the Kasumi hate?! :ohn: Srsly!

I could dig up a provocative picture of any of the videogame women you all think deserve No.1 (plenty of our dear Lara!)

If anyone is interested in educating themselves rather than resort to branding Kasumi a skank, they'll find her bio (along with her default costume!) below :)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/doa4_kasumi_1280.jpg

Kasumi is the daughter of Shiden and Ayame , the sister of Hayate and half sister of Ayane. Kasumi is the "princess" of the Mugen Tenshin village. When she was a child, Kasumi was friends with Ayane, unaware of the fact they are sisters. It seems that people treated Kasumi as a princess and treated Ayane like dirt. Throughout the years, Kasumi and Hayate were
Kasumi as a childtraining to become ninjas of the Tenshin village. When Ayane changed clans to the Hajin Mon clan, Kasumi and Ayane never saw each other again.
A few years later, Raidou had returned to retrieve the Torn Sky Blast from Hayate. It was unknown where Kasumi was during that event; however after Raidou's rampage, Kasumi was left taking care of Hayate, but she felt that she needed to discover the truth and find out who injured Hayate. On the night when Kasumi was chosen to become the 18th master, Kasumi left the village to find Raidou and defeat him for what he did to Hayate. Because of that, Kasumi broke the code of the Mugen Tenshin and is now a traitor to the village. Genra sent Ayane to kill Kasumi.

Dead or Alive

Kasumi, also known as "the Kunoichi of Destiny", is a female ninja skilled in the Mugen Tenshin Style of Ninjutsu. She was to become the 18th Master of the Mugen Tenshin Ninja Clan, but ran away in order to enter the Dead or Alive tournament. There, she hoped to defeat Raidou, the man responsible for crippling her brother Hayate. By leaving the secretive ninja clan, she became a nukenin (runaway shinobi). This means that she must live on the run from her former comrades every day as they seek to silence the "traitorous" Kasumi. Eventually, Kasumi kills Raidou and wins the tournament.

Dead or Alive 2

After having won the first tournament (and killing Raidou), she was captured by DOATEC and a clone of her was created. However, she managed to escape (defeating her clone in the process) and made an attempt to return to her village, but she wasn't allowed to, due to the fact that dishonored ninja can never rejoin their respective clan.

In her story mode, Kasumi fights her clone and defeats it. She then proceed on and met Hayabusa who was trying to stop her from moving on in through the tournament. However, Kasumi defeats Hayabusa and goes on. She then has to face Ayane, who seems to be jealous of Kasumi as she is, as she said in Dead or Alive Ultimate, "a princess". She defeats Ayane and tells her that she can't be defeated. Kasumi finally finds Hayate, but since he lost his memories, he as Ein fights Kasumi. She defeats Ein and knocks him unconscious. All of a sudden, the Tengu appears and Kasumi goes on to fight him. She defeats the Tengu and Hayate was able to get his memories back. Kasumi and Hayate go back home to Mugen Tenshin village. Kasumi doesn't have an ending after defeating Tengu until the end of the credits. It shows a small flower and Kasumi's voice says, "Home. I want to go home".

Dead or Alive 3

Now labeled as a "traitor" to her village, Kasumi has been pursued incessantly by assassins from her clan; not a day passes without an attempt on her life. Despite this, Kasumi still wishes to see her brother and enters the third tournament to meet him one last time.

Kasumi doesn't play a big role in the game. She's just like the other fighters in that she doesn't have a special introduction before the fight against Genra unlike Ayane, Hayate, and Hayabusa. Despite that, in Kasumi's story mode she was wandering in the woods while Ayane appeared out of no where and fought her. This is ironic because usually Ayane will keep Kasumi away from Hayate. Also she tells Kasumi that she will fight Genra and cannot let her "have this one". This possibly indicates that Kasumi defeated Raidou, Ayane's biological father, whom Ayane should have defeated. Kasumi then meets Hayate. Disappointed about the fact that Kasumi ran away from the village, Hayate knows that he must kill her. Since Hayate couldn't kill his only sister, he decided that he doesn't want to see Kasumi anymore. Kasumi fights Hayate and the two go their separate ways.

In her ending, Kasumi reminisced how she survived the horde of ninjas that were sent by Hayate to kill her. This proves that Kasumi can never be defeated.

Dead or Alive 4

Kasumi again seeks to find Hayate. She meets her brother and tries to convince him to stop the war against DOATEC and return to the Mugen Tenshin village with her. However, Hayate remains quiet and their half-sister Ayane interrupts them. She attacks Kasumi, but Kasumi defeats her.

Kasumi pursues Hayate to the DOATEC Tritower. There she is confronted by Helena who has taken control of DOATEC. Helena says she wants nothing to do with the ninja fighters (this includes Ryu, Ayane, and Hayate) and mentions that a clone of Kasumi - codenamed ALPHA-152 - is about to become active. Kasumi fights her way past Helena and then heads down to the lab to destroy ALPHA-152, who resembles Kasumi in form and fighting style, but seems to be made up of pure energy. Kasumi fights her clone to her best efforts, but in the end it appears ALPHA-152 escapes in the chaos of the destruction wrought by the Mugen Tenshin invasion. Kasumi is last seen watching Helena entering the blazing helipad. As Kasumi tries to stop her, Ayane prevents her, who by doing that saves Kasumi's life as the building starts exploding mere seconds later. This could possibly mean that their rivalry could be over. In her DOA4 ending, Kasumi is shown waking up in what appears to be her old bedroom after having a dream about being a mermaid. However, it is unknown whether Hayate decided to let her back home to the Mugen Tenshin village or if someone from the DOA tournaments offered her a place to stay (like Ryu, Hitomi, Ayane, or even Helena) or she simply found a place of her own.

She's a proud, noble, compassionate ninja...hardly a skank! Get your facts straight! :ohn:

ECB
12-10-09, 00:21
I couldn't disagree with this more.

I'm not trying to offend anyone because I know a ton of people here love her, but what is so special abou Chun-Li? She has man legs... :p

Fallen.Angel
12-10-09, 01:25
If it was up to me, I'd make Tifa #1, but at least she made the list. IMO I think she deserved it. I am also happy Chun-Li is on there. Not too happy with Kasumi or Ivy. I would have loved to see Rubi Malone on there - but I suppose she's still a little new.

I'm also surprised Jill Valentine wasn't on the list. She's extremely popular and a little more deserving of a spot than a few others.

I would've preferred Sheva though. I know that won't happen though.

Shark_Blade
12-10-09, 02:07
Why Jill Valentine is not in that list? She almost showed her boobs in RE5 and what she gets for doin tha! Nothing:vlol: Same with Janet Jackson.

voltz
12-10-09, 17:45
She's a proud, noble, compassionate ninja...hardly a skank! Get your facts straight! :ohn:

She can start acting appropriate by at least covering herself instead of flashing panty every time she kicks. Oh wait, that'll chase off the fanboys. (perverts! ha)

bloodstormaoa
12-10-09, 18:05
She can start acting appropriate by at least covering herself instead of flashing panty every time she kicks. Oh wait, that'll chase off the fanboys. (perverts! ha)

1) Perhaps Kasumi's attire is slightly oversexualised, however as a Kunoichi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi) she has been trained to use her gender to her advantage, thus giving her more reason to wear a revealing outfit than a lot of other female videogame characters.

2) Not all of Kasumi's costumes allow her to "flash panty". A good portion of them have been panted throughout the games.

3)Your fanboys=perverts statement is just your typical baseless, ignorant assumption that only serves to make you look stupid, not the fans!

:wve:

Sir Croft
12-10-09, 18:26
1) Perhaps Kasumi's attire is slightly oversexualised, however as a Kunoichi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi) she has been trained to use her gender to her advantage, thus giving her more reason to wear a revealing outfit than a lot of other female videogame characters.

2) Not all of Kasumi's costumes allow her to "flash panty". A good portion of them have been panted throughout the games.

3)Your fanboys=perverts statement is just your typical baseless, ignorant assumption that only serves to make you look stupid, not the fans!

Pwnzorz!

GenyaArikado
12-10-09, 19:25
:vlol: Same with Janet Jackson.

atleast she got the number 1 place in "101 Hollywood most kept secret" but Jill got nothing

voltz
12-10-09, 20:04

Ignorant or whatever, at least I don't wake up with sore wrists in the morning.

Bernkastel
12-10-09, 20:37
I don't see why people say that Kasumi is a skank. I mean, yeh, she dresses a bit "lightly", but she is basically asexual. Especially compared to the rest. Well, except Ayane. They are pretty equal.

bloodstormaoa
12-10-09, 20:41
Ignorant or whatever, at least I don't wake up with sore wrists in the morning.

Really?! I get the impression you do! Only you get your "kicks" from directing thinly veiled insults based on your own ignorance, over the internet.

It says more about you that you label fans of a game/character perverts because you find an outfit slutty.