PDA

View Full Version : Describe Your Dream Home

Reggie
11-10-09, 15:04
Just imagine money and other restraints weren't an issue for you: what would your dream home look like? where would it be? what would you have in it? Most of us have a rough idea of what we would like as a dream home. It'd be interesting to see what kind of places other people here would want if there were no obstacles to obtaining it. :)

For me, I'd like a medium-large house by the sea - anywhere warm and peaceful. Ideally, it would have at least 3 bedrooms a large kitchen (because I love cooking) a big bathroom and a large living room. The house itself would be of a fairly traditional build made from primarily wood or stone for a natural feel. They're the basics (for a dream house of course) :p. However, even if I didn't have a luxuries of space to play around with, my topmost desire for a dream house would be to be able to furnish and decorate it the way I want. It would have lots of middle eastern or oriental styled furniture and features made from dark wood and colourful materials. My favourite furniture store (as of today when I browsed around it lol) is called 'East of here' and if you go to their website (http://www.eastofhere.co.uk/), you can see what kind of stuff I would buy. Despite me keeness to make a bold statement, I would try to keep it subtle and dignified as my main aim would be to create a vibrant but relaxing space - just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed! :D Anyway, I don't want to ramble on too much or go too far in detail but you get the gist of what I've got in mind. :)

Marianna12
11-10-09, 15:17
What a nice thread!!!:tmb:

Soo...I'd love a very luxurious, modern house in California!!! A 2 story house, with view at the sea, many bedrooms and bathrooms, and a huge living room! Modern furniture, huge garden (with a pool of course:whi:), many windows and unlike you, I'd love technology!!! Also, many plants and paintings.
Some examples:
http://www.digsdigs.com/photos/modern-luxury-california-house-28.jpg
http://www.beaumondevillas.com/california/beverly-hills/benedict-canyon/images/03-medium.jpg
http://i43.************/amul8y.jpg

...a girl can dream!:p

miss.haggard
In short, a ranch style home, Colorado, mountains, snow, horses, trees, forest, cold. :) And super high speed internets.

*richietrent*
My dream home would be.. ideally set on greenbelt land. I'd have a 5 bedroom house, say 2 bathrooms, lounge, kitchen and garage. It would be set in the countryside, outside of the city. The house would be quite retro, yet modern, i.e. bold colours like red and white.. with matching colour furniture. Again, i'd also love the fact of having that Stone texture around the place to make it feel more at home and real.

Moving onto the garden, I would love to have a maze, just to entertain the young ones for family days, etc, a secret pathway. So nothing too over the top.

TRfan23
11-10-09, 15:20
Mine would be a nice house with lots of bunny rabbits hopping around outside :)
A pet cat, preferably this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Domestic_cat_cropped.jpg) one. The environment to be nice and warm plus sunny. I would like a glossy kitchen with title flooring, nice dinning room, a conservatory with laminate flooring, nice bedroom with a double bed for me and my future bf, along with lots of fluffy teddy bears.

A big garden and very green...

That's all I can think of atm ;) I skipped breakfast this morning so my minds slightly complexed.

Alex Shepherd
11-10-09, 15:34
I like to be in hotels rather than home...

What about describing dream hotel :p

aurora89
11-10-09, 15:48
practically speaking, I just want a nice little house with a screened porch with a ceiling fan, 2 or 3 bedrooms, no stairs anywhere (i.e. wheelchair/walker accessible for me), lots of windows (though not too many in case of zombie invasion), a fenced in backyard, a workout room with a rock-climbing wall (a separate building, like a shed in the backyard, would work too), and plenty of room for me to get around in my chair if I'm sick.

BUT if we're talking dream home I know I will never have, I want Croft Manor. :D And a little cottage by the sea somewhere, too. I want them both. :jmp:

Joely-Moley
11-10-09, 16:02
Anywhere in Downtown Boston is fine by me. :p

Ideally, something with a large kitchen and bathroom.

sandygrimm
11-10-09, 16:07
only one of many :P

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/OnlyRabidSquirrel/R2_Living_Room_2_1_by_Semsa.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/OnlyRabidSquirrel/R2_Living_Room_2_by_Semsa.jpg

Chocola teapot
11-10-09, 16:12
A Large, luxurious palace with everthing I want in it with a large cleaning staff. I'll Have everything I want when I want it. A Very large garden with everything in it and the worlds largest glass dome with only the most exotic rainforest plants. This palace is to be surrounded by a large moat and 4 Nuclear/ asteroid bunkers are to be built underneath with a large enough supply of everthing I need to live a happy life should the world be thrown into nuclear war. (A button shall be placed in the bunker that will bring the glass dome with rainforest underground aswell, Light, heat and water will be provided ofcorse)
And I Want a Yacht, anyone who is anyone has a yacht.

Dina_Croft
11-10-09, 16:13
My dream Home is 30stm tour buss:whi:...kidding:p

Um I always picture myself in a very modern penthouse in like New York..Or a condo in L.A..something like that..Always modern style though...

Phlip
11-10-09, 16:17
My dream home would be very modern and complexly designed so it would take a long time to learn the layout. It would have an excellent security system, be in Britain and have lots of under floor heating everywhere so I can walk bare foot on nice toasty tiles. ^_^ It would be large, have an electric cooker and a home cinema room. An indoor pool would also be great. :mis: Not too bothered about the size of the garden, though.

I hope to sue a company for false advertising one day so that will pay for it. :)

scion05
11-10-09, 16:33
I also always thought bubble houses (http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=bubble%20house&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi) weren't without their charm...

:D

Nausinous
11-10-09, 16:38
My 'dream house' would reside on a small piece of land with an electric wire fence perimeter. The property would comprise of eight rooms. The first room would be dubbed the entrance chamber, where entrant's retinas would be scanned, they would be sanitised by sprinkles, weighed by a pressure plate underneath and a 3D scan of their body image would be created by a matrix of lasers. The chamber would have stainless steel clad walls, a cieling made up of tiles that function as lights, a metal grate floor that acts as the pressure plate, a matrix of lasers spread out per metre along each surface and a retina scanner hanging above the reinforced steel door to second room. Beyond the entrance chamber is the room named the computing room, it has the same make up as the entrance chamber with stainless steel clad walls, ceiling tiles that work as lights and a stainless steel tile floor. Once inside you are greeted by a computer work station in the centre of the room, with four monitors on a stainless steel crescent shaped desk that underneath a computer tower is hidden with various other electrical appliances linked to the monitors. Behind the desk a crescent shaped wall, half frosted glass, half stainless steel, separates the room into a work area and a living area. You can gain entrance to the living area by two walkways at either side of the desk. In the living area, there is a nutrition station on your left that is hidden behind two stainless steel panels that when slid back reveal a cooker, sink, trash compactor, fridge and dish washer. All appliances are in stainless steel and various other non relevant materials. To the right is the exercise station that is once again hidden by two stainless steel panels that reveal a tread mill that can rise up from under a covering in the floor and several weight building appliances can be extracted from various panels on the right hand wall. Through a door a walkway to the creation area follows the perimeter of the Agriculture room. Where plants and animals are kept but for the sake of space, I won't bore you with the details of that particular room, the description of which could become overly technical and I strive for simplicity. If you follow the walkway beyond the Agriculture room, behind a panel of frosted glass is the creation room, where various work stations for the creation of many things are situated. Clothes from the hemp plants in Agriculture room can be created, new appliances can be created and current appliances can be repaired all in this room. Beyond this room is the cleansing area where all necessary cleansing appliances reside mostly in one wall. The toilet folds down from inside the wall you are facing from the entrance, the sink too folds down from that wall, the shower head acts as tap until it is needed as a shower head where it can be raised higher up the wall and towels can be found in rolls in pigeon holes behind a pane of frosted glass to either side of the cleansing appliances. The floor below the cleansing appliance wall is sunk a little lower than rest of the room for drainage when using the shower. On the left hand wall a washing machine and the right hand wall a dryer. Lastly the rest room can be accessed by two doors at either side of the cleansing appliance wall. In there is a bed, that can be unfolded from the wall, to either side of that are wardrobes which contain clothes and a seating area is on the south wall with a monitor for enjoying recreational media.

I hope the description of my dream home wasn't too lengthy.

Lavinder
11-10-09, 16:41
One filled with my love and family :).

Atlantean-Squid
11-10-09, 17:40
*huge wall of text*

I strive for simplicity

lol

Punaxe
11-10-09, 17:48
Quite a coincidence: as my non-student future is approaching, I've been thinking about this a lot and I actually have two dream houses quite detailed in my mind already. I would draw you all a blueprint if I had the time, but unfortunately text will have to do.
One idea is somewhat realistic (small house/bungalow), the other is absolutely not realistic (castle :D).

Most important for me however is location. I desperately need a house that is close to, if not in the middle of, nature. I am willing to sacrifice social contact and commuting hours to live on my ideal location. Houses I've been staying in during holidays are great examples, like this one in Norway (http://files.noctifer.net/dscf1413.jpg).
Location is priority; house itself doesn't matter quite as much because with the right decoration anything could be made into a proper place to stay.

Still I have some ideas of a house as well. While the house itself can be small, I think I'd prefer as little walls as possible: large open spaces, lots of glass (to enjoy the view - yes, with location, view is important) and an open backyard to sit in.
Perhaps more important than the actual plan of the house though, would be its atmosphere/style. If anyone knows the BBC show Escape to the Country: that's what I want. :p A place with "character (http://files.noctifer.net/huis02588761_01.jpg)", e.g. bricks, wood, beams, fireplace, that kind of stuff.

Should I ever win the lottery, then I'll hire this company I know of that hand-builds castles exactly as they did back in the days, while including all modern-day facilities (insulation, electricity, piping, et cetera). I am imagining one big, high hall as living room, sided by something similar to Vianden Castle's Byzanine Gallery (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hans_vk/2677027626/) (the view and the reflection on the floor are magnificent - if you ever get to Luxembourgh, I can recommend a visit :D), a balcony on the other side, kitchen and entrance hall at the front and at the second floor a bedroom and study. If I ever have the time I may model this in 3dsmax... I'll let you know when I have it. :p

Finally the decoration. For some reason I am quite fond of what many people would consider to be kitsch. I mean antiques such "overly" decorated furniture (e.g. sculptured clocks (http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00FCZTEtLWIQzDM/Imitation-Antique-Clock-JGP129A-.jpg), tables, closets (http://uantique.com/secretary%20antique8a.jpg) - note, these are images I just quickly found on Google, not necessarily the epitome of my taste, but sufficiently illustrative) of dark and warm materials (e.g. red, gold, dark wood) and last but not least, on the wall some romanticist-styled paintings (e.g. Koekkoek (http://s3.artknowledgenews.com/files2008/BarendCornelisKoekkoekLands.jpg)).

Yep. I have it all planned out. :D

maniakatosheto
11-10-09, 17:50
Croft manor ftw!

violentblossom
11-10-09, 18:38
lol

Agreed. LOLSAUCE.

scion05
11-10-09, 18:40
One filled with my love and family :).

Awwwww how sweet lol, *milk turns sour*. :ton:

Seriously though, I know what you mean, when you're with people who you love and care about it doesn't really matter... hence why I love living at home and when I go away I miss them so much LOL.

violentblossom
11-10-09, 18:46
My choice would be an expansive Victorian mansion, complete with updated plumbing, fresh paint in candy colors, and secret corridors/rooms.

I'd like big large rooms filled with decor that blended new and also antique elegance. I'd have a big room dedicated to my tarantulas, definately. I'd also love a bay window somewhere, and a balcony.

I'd go for curly stair cases, and several bathrooms.

Throw in a gazebo and an old swing, and I'm good to go.

MiCkiZ88
11-10-09, 18:50
Greek, French, Spanish, Italian villa at the seaside on some island. Two - Three floors. White/sand brown exterior, marble mainhall, wooden flooring in other rooms, with the exception of bathrooms and kitchen/dining area being stone or tile. Possibly quite a nice piece of land for farming. Swimming pool a must.

Finnish, Nordic wooden cottage near a river or a lake with a nice piece of land with your own woods (quite possible in Finland). Wood, brick and stone being the main elements. Sauna is a must as is a jaquzzi. Swim pool is located indoors, but not bigger than 5m x 10m.

French/english manor at the countryside.

Ultra modern and stylistic house in the residental area of town. Somewhat close to the pictures that sandygrim posted.

I prefer minimalistic furnishing and decoration, but plants are a must! Plants and possibly a big fishtank. I need the house to feel lively and not just some lifeless modern piece of ''art''. Most modern houses feel so lifeless. Oh and candles are a must!

VonCroy360
11-10-09, 18:52
My dream is to live in a downtown penthouse in a big city (New York as an example). I'd love to a have a big apartment, although still pretty compact, not something you could get lost inside of. A big modern living room/dining room connected to the kitchen (which shouldn't have to be too big, not a big fan of cooking), a second living room (or something like a library/study - traditionally decorated, maybe even a fireplace, a cosy place where you can relax and talk with your friends, read a book by yourself or do some work), a main bathroom, a main bedroom with a wardrobe and 2-3 guest bedrooms, each having it's own bathroom. I'd have my own elevator going up to the roof (where my garden would be with an amazing view of the city) and to the garage (which would have enough room for maybe a dozen cars haha).
I'd decorate the whole thing myself. I think I have taste haha and even if I'm just fooling myself, it would always feel more like home if I decorated it, rather than having a designer do it.

Though I'd settle for a nice one-bedroom apartment in the city as well. :)

tombraiderluka
11-10-09, 19:07
My dream is to live in a downtown penthouse in a big city (New York as an example). I'd love to a have a big apartment, although still pretty compact, not something you could get lost inside of. A big modern living room/dining room connected to the kitchen (which shouldn't have to be too big, not a big fan of cooking), a second living room (or something like a library/study - traditionally decorated, maybe even a fireplace, a cosy place where you can relax and talk with your friends, read a book by yourself or do some work), a main bathroom, a main bedroom with a wardrobe and 2-3 guest bedrooms, each having it's own bathroom. I'd have my own elevator going up to the roof (where my garden would be with an amazing view of the city) and to the garage (which would have enough room for maybe a dozen cars haha).
I'd decorate the whole thing myself. I think I have taste haha and even if I'm just fooling myself, it would always feel more like home if I decorated it, rather than having a designer do it.

Though I'd settle for a nice one-bedroom apartment in the city as well. :)
I would like to live in a house, because I'm tired of my penthouse :p

VonCroy360
11-10-09, 19:11
I would like to live in a house, because I'm tired of my penthouse :p

Of course you can live in my garage, if you want it that bad.

tombraiderluka
11-10-09, 19:14
Of course you can live in my garage, if you want it that bad.
Sure :mis:

Your_Envy*
11-10-09, 19:15
There is one really old house in Ljubljana I'd love to live in it. It's beautiful, such details and everything.. I have no idea how it looks on the inside, but I would decorated it on my own. The only thing I'd change is the location of the house, I don't want to live in the center of Ljubljana, I'd move it to my place. :whi:
Too bad I don't have any picture of it. :(

Well, I would love to live in a house like I do now, but if I had to live in an apartment, I wouldn't mind too. :) I don't have enough money to buy a house anyway. :D

SpaceChild
11-10-09, 19:23
Cool thread!

I'm a futurist and I've got a bit of an attitude about pretty much everything, houses included. Basically, I think that in the future people will look back at late-20th/early-21st century life and shake their heads in amazement: That people would need to spend the better part of their working lives just paying for something as simple as a dwelling! The cost of building a home should be a tiny fraction of what it is now (as it once was,) but at this point in history there is a bewildering chain of power-junkie bureaucrats and misanthropic "environmentalists" littering the entire building process that wasn't there a century ago, and which ultimately will be abolished. I look forward to a future where a college kid will be able to buy a comfortable house with his/her summer wages. But we'll need to rediscover and restore capitalism first.

That aside, the first step would be getting a lot that's at least big enough to where your next-door neighbor can't reach out of his bathroom window and borrow your soap.

I've always had a thing for those English mansions with all of the secret passageways and spy-holes in the eyes of the big portraits over the fireplace, and bookcases that slide sideways to reveal dank, cobwebby staircases - like in "The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (http://www.mugglenet.com/booktrolley/ja-wolves.shtml)" and "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059221/)" and all of those Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys mysteries. And some of those rooms in Clue that we don't have over here in America - conservatories, sitting rooms, studies and (best of all,) libraries.:D

As for location, it would have to be somewhere that those Orwellian creeps at Google Earth (not to mention various & sundry governments,) won't have their cameras and satellites pointed - which currently would have to be somewhere in space. But then, I expect those privacy violations to one day be eradicated in favor of liberty too - it's just going to be a long time before we achieve that respect for, and restoration of, our confiscated freedoms.

I yield the soapbox to....

Tommy123
11-10-09, 19:28
A giant house up on a hill/mountain top will a giant backyard full of animals and a river/waterfall and forest in the background.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-10-09, 19:30
A giant house up on a hill/mountain top will a giant backyard full of animals and a river/waterfall and forest in the background.

same - preferably a wooden chalet - just found out theres wooden chalets up the road from me in this location! omg or what XD

and id definately have a small-holding of animals :) xx

Reggie
11-10-09, 20:32
Its interesting to get a glimpse into everyone's dream place. :tmb:

only one of many :P

[pictures]
Those pictures look like photgraphs taken from a real life house in Zanarkand! I'm not one for uber-modern style but this has enough life in it as Micki said to make it feel suitably organic enough to make look lively. :tmb:

Finnish, Nordic wooden cottage near a river or a lake with a nice piece of land with your own woods (quite possible in Finland). Wood, brick and stone being the main elements. Sauna is a must as is a jaquzzi. Swim pool is located indoors, but not bigger than 5m x 10m.

Cut down your quote a bit (given the length) but I like all of what you've said there. I'd happily live in a place you've designed. :D

Cool thread!
I yield the soapbox to....

Very interesting slant to take on the given subject but still very much relevent as I brought up the notion of there being 'obstacles' to these dream homes we all have in mind. I too, think that, especially in my area that the house prices are absolutely ridiculous and that the issue of housing needs to be addressed as people are often driven to rent or just live with their parents because homes, let alone dream ones are often not affordable and if you're a student, nevermind buying a house, you've got a load of debt to deal with as well! I'd love my dream home to be a reality one day but I don't think that it will be possible for a long time yet but let's hope so.

Your_Envy*
11-10-09, 21:54

Soo...I'd love a very luxurious, modern house in California!!! A 2 story house, with view at the sea, many bedrooms and bathrooms, and a huge living room! Modern furniture, huge garden (with a pool of course:whi:), many windows and unlike you, I'd love technology!!! Also, many plants and paintings.
Some examples:
http://www.beaumondevillas.com/california/beverly-hills/benedict-canyon/images/03-medium.jpg

Oh Nana, now when I saw those pictures...

CAN I COME LIVE WITH YOOOOU? *puppy eyes*

:vlol:

No really, great pictures. :cln:

Mystery-King
11-10-09, 22:06
secret passages... rooms... storage everywhere! :cln:

(And on the geeky side a whole room that looks like an egyptian tomb! :D )

Big Matt
12-10-09, 05:23
My specific taste in the home itself changes periodically. I suspect I would be happy with whatever I could afford to build. Location and security is far more important to me than the styling of the home itself. The one thing that seems to remain a constant is that the home would be in an extremely isolated wilderness area and hard to get to. I highly value isolation and privacy. An overstocked, hardened, CNB shelter (again, the most secure one I could afford to design and build) is another feature that doesn't seem to change.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 10:34
here's a thumbnail of the type of chalet im eyeing up - just up the road from me :cln:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9523/slh006slaleylodgeexteri.th.jpg (http://img50.imageshack.us/i/slh006slaleylodgeexteri.jpg/)

Punaxe
12-10-09, 10:56
here's a thumbnail of the type of chalet im eyeing up - just up the road from me :cln:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9523/slh006slaleylodgeexteri.th.jpg (http://img50.imageshack.us/i/slh006slaleylodgeexteri.jpg/)

Awesome :D How much? :p
England has beautiful places to live.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 11:02
Awesome :D How much? :p
England has beautiful places to live.

haha i dont even wanna know the price right now - im 17 - but im not moving from here & theres a lot of them chalets = potential home :ton:

and yeah it does :) particularly where i live in the countryside - the cabins at kielder are nicer but its a distance to travel

omg - iv so found my pic of the day hehe *goes to post*

xxx

tampi
12-10-09, 11:02
There are great pictures of modern houses in this thread.
My ideal home would probably buy an old farmhouse. An old house of stone. And gradually transforming it go for your needs.
That is, expand areas, decorate as you are more or less time in that area. Create new sites with other modern building adjoining the old structure of the house.

In this way, you could have the house properties in areas combined with other completely innovative design.
Depending on your mood you can be in one area or another.:)

Someone might say this is somewhat eclectic.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 11:04
There are great pictures of modern houses in this thread.
My ideal home would probably buy an old farmhouse. An old house of stone. And gradually transforming it go for your needs.
That is, expand areas, decorate as you are more or less time in that area. Create new sites with other modern building adjoining the old structure of the house.

In this way, you could have the house properties in areas combined with other completely innovative design.
Depending on your mood you can be in one area or another.:)

Someone might say this is somewhat eclectic.

no thats a dead nice idea :) somebody did it up here and it turned out so beautiful!

tampi
12-10-09, 11:14
no thats a dead nice idea :) somebody did it up here and it turned out so beautiful!

When you live in a house, with the passage of time, you see the real possibilities of the house.
This is still more evident in a house in the country. For the conditions of sun, light, environmental ....

The house "new" are often made by architects house on paper.
This takes "live charm" to the house. Time makes really the house. I mean the time is going by making your home comfortable, because you are accommodating to it and the house will accommodate to you.

But you always need lots of money.:cln::D

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 11:15
When you live in a house, with the passage of time, you see the real possibilities of the house.
This is still more evident in a house in the country. For the conditions of sun, light, environmental ....

The house "new" are often made by architects house on paper.
This takes "live charm" to the house. Time makes really the house. I mean the time is going by making your home comfortable, because you are accommodating to it and the house will accommodate to you.

But you always need lots of money.:cln::D

very true :)

ecspecially the lots of money bit :ton:

Catapharact
12-10-09, 12:04
Well if by dream house, you mean my IDEAL place to live then I have to say (location, design, and practicality wise) it has to be Alhambra.

http://www.cortijovalverde.com/pages/images/Alhambra_view.jpg

http://www.ugr.es/~mamern07/images/alhambra5_g.jpg

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p107204-Granada-Alhambra.jpg

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Spain/Granada/Alhambra-annexe.jpg

Johnnay
12-10-09, 12:15

Some examples:

try and afford it( with Ana:p:p:p). lets see how you go:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:).

as of mine theres Beiteddine in Lebanon

http://www.munirnasr.com/images/big/lebanon/beitdiin/Beiteddine-general-view.jpg

any hotel in Dubai will be my home...... for free YES for free
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2007/09/17/apeiron-island-hotel_48.jpg
http://www.luxuo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dubai-hotel-atlantis.jpg

http://www.reallifenews.com/environment/pics/dubai-hotel.jpg
http://www.eikongraphia.com/images/TrumpHotelDubaiS.jpg

Giorgio Armani Hotel

http://www.wallpaper.com/images/98_armani_am141107_f.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2061/2306849511_92486150a7.jpg

ah the life

More to Come Soon

Ikas90
12-10-09, 12:35
I'd love to live in a norwegian-type hut, secluded somewhere in the middle of a taiga forest. Or a hut in the Himalayas or anywhere near the poles. Hard to find a picture, lol.

A lot of my dream homes would look similar to those paintings of Bob Ross.

This one looks pretty good, and would appeal to me:
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/408/mountainretreat.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 12:39
I'd love to live in a norwegian-type hut, secluded somewhere in the middle of a taiga forest. Or a hut in the Himalayas or anywhere near the poles. Hard to find a picture, lol.

A lot of my dream homes would look similar to those paintings of Bob Ross.

This one looks pretty good, and would appeal to me:
http://www.wallcoo.net/paint/Bob_Ross_CSG/m01/mountain_retreat.jpg

i can't see :(

Reggie
12-10-09, 22:06
Well if by dream house, you mean my IDEAL place to live then I have to say (location, design, and practicality wise) it has to be Alhambra.

[PICTURES]

Wow what a place! It looks dream-like. And it was built during a fascinating time in Spanish history as well - the architecture of the place shows that. Its not a place I'd live in but its certainly I place I'd like to explore someday. :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
12-10-09, 22:10
I don't typically like the look of modern American homes, but the following one is stunning. :cln:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_a06bfbd7dadaee72fbb9d6875db57ab2.jpg :tmb:

Bumio
12-10-09, 22:47
i can't describe exactly how my dream house looks like, no pictures could show that.
but something similar might be this.

The place I'd like to live in would be Norway, England, Alaska or Siberia.

http://www.digsdigs.com/photos/winter-house-heaven-3.jpg

http://adelto.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/luxury_london_flat_apartment_interior_design_furni ture_contemporary_seating.jpg

http://www.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/modern-living-room5.jpg

http://www.universallocations.com/news/pictures/MODERN%20HOUSE.jpg

http://www.keystonemountaincondo.com/uploads/6/9/2/4/692476/8761921_orig.jpg

http://images-0.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/500910-3-winter-house.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 23:40
^^the last 2 look like the north east of england at christmas, where are they?

xxx