PDA

View Full Version : What makes you happy when you play Tomb Raider?

Alex Shepherd
11-10-09, 23:42
The title says it all and express all your feelings!

Paddy
11-10-09, 23:44
Depends, I dont get a lot of joy from playing the classics now, I get happiness when I play AOD and Underworld though. Just doing heaps of exploring seems to be my most fun part in a game.

pneboy
11-10-09, 23:47
turning it off?

Encore
12-10-09, 00:11
^ That would be funny if this wasn't a TR forum. If you don't like the series what are you doing here? :confused:

Anyways, I wouldn't say playing TR makes me "happy", but for me it is quite enjoyable to wander around the more atmospheric bits of my favourite one, TR3. Specially London.

SamReeves
12-10-09, 00:12
turning it off?

LMAO! :vlol:

Especially if it's TRC.

I like watching Lara's boobs mostly, but there's some pretty good gameplay too!

Mad Tony
12-10-09, 00:14
I like watching Lara's boobs mostly, but there's some pretty good gameplay too!Haha, knew you were gonna say that! :vlol: :D

scoopy_loopy
12-10-09, 00:15
I like finding secrets that I havent been able to find before :)

Except for Underworld of course, that game turned it all into a big joke :p

Oh look, a secret! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" ... 30 seconds later... Oh look, another one! "Ding!"

Alex Shepherd
12-10-09, 00:17
I like finding secrets that I havent been able to find before :)

Except for Underworld of course, that game turned it all into a big joke :p

Oh look, a secret! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" Oh look, another one! "Ding!" ... 30 seconds later... Oh look, another one! "Ding!"

:vlol: :vlol:

ECB
12-10-09, 00:24
I love killing AOD Lara. Her death's are funny. :D

patriots88888
12-10-09, 00:28
Killing that damn Minotaur in TR4 with the motorcycle! :D Always get a good laugh from that. :p

Tommy123
12-10-09, 00:30
Lara's boobs;)

Encore
12-10-09, 00:32
Killing that damn Minotaur in TR4 with the motorcycle! :D Always get a good laugh from that. :p

What?! :confused:

Paddy
12-10-09, 00:35
I love killing AOD Lara. Her death's are funny. :D

I love watching the mishaps video on Legend :p
Seeing her die was quite funny.

patriots88888
12-10-09, 00:41
What?! :confused:

I'm talking about the corner bug when you ram the motorcycle against the step outside the Chamber of Tulun.

[Note - Now you have the perfect chance to kill the Minotaur (yes, kill him!), even though it is not compulsory. However, for some strange reason he is now vulnerable, and you can perform an easy trick to get rid of him. How to do it: let him chase you around the corner to where the exit of the Chambers is. He will not follow you down the step, but if you are lucky, he will enter the Chambers and start going in and out of the exit. Now, get on your bike and position it so you can bang on the corner between the Chambers' exterior wall and the low step. Wait for the Minotaur to get close to the exit (either inside or outside works, so long as he is near the door) and run with the bike into the corner. The Minotaur will magically fall down dead and instantly disappear!]

Tombraiderx08
12-10-09, 00:51
Killing :)

aurora89
12-10-09, 01:02
-Pretending to be Lara

-Feeling indomitable and strong and capable and empowered.

-Cut scenes. Especially interactive ones.

-Correctly doing impossible things like adrenaline dodges and timed ledges correctly.

-Mentally writing fanfictions about what I'm doing as I'm doing it.

-Beautiful scenery.

-CROFT MANOR. 'nough said!

-Winston!

-Jumping around, swinging, feeling like spiderman and enjoying the ride.

-Analysing Lara's psyche during cut scenes

-Shooting stuff. It's quite cathartic.

-when Lara does that thing in TRA (and maybe others, I think Legend) where she pulls up from the ledge onto a handstand and then slowly swings her legs forward one at a time. Also, when Lara is wet and glisteny. :jmp:

lacryjr
12-10-09, 01:05
I love to see Lara's legs running. :confused:

Encore
12-10-09, 01:10
I'm talking about the corner bug when you ram the motorcycle against the step outside the Chamber of Tulun.

:vlol: Didn't know that was possible, thanks!

da tomb raider!
12-10-09, 01:18
All sorts of things, I suppose. Most notably, perhaps, the sheer uniqueness. Even to this day, I don't believe that there's any game that offers the same satisfying challenge that Tomb Raider 1-6 do, along with the fantastic sense of fear and isolation that isn't over-the-top, but doesn't fail to make an impact, either. The surrealism is just brilliant, too. It's real enough to be an absorbing and immersive experience, but surreal enough to keep thing interesting as well. The great balance of puzzles, platforming and combat are great, too. There are loads of things that I like about Tomb Raider (or make me happy, if you prefer), but these would probably be the most important of those things.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's all about the boobs. Particularly in AOD, when they jiggle and everything. Yum. They look great in Lara's catsuit in Chronicles, too. And I know this great spot in The Last Revelation where you get a close-up of them and take screenshots of them and print them out and - I'll stop now, shall I?

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 01:32
HER BOOBS :mis: lol jk :D
The beutiful enviroment , the strong story line , the big brests.... did i mention the big brests? and the epic interview

Paddy
12-10-09, 01:38
The beutiful enviroment , the strong story line , the big brests.... did i mention the big brests? and the epic interview

The what now?
:p

Alex Shepherd
12-10-09, 01:40

It's with e "Breasts"...

Shark_Blade
12-10-09, 02:03
Killing that damn Minotaur in TR4 with the motorcycle! :D Always get a good laugh from that. :pWhat? How? :eek: You don't even get a motorbike at that point. Didn't the Minotaur only charge you like a mad bull and you just jump out of the way?

edit: Oh, you mean the thing that was guarding the hall and was standing on two legs. :p

Joy when I completed some challenging feats without dying at all (especially the classics).

larafan25
12-10-09, 02:08
I like playing TR1,TR2,TR3,TR5,TR6,TR7,TR8,TRA, and hoping that TRO is for real and gets made.

Uzi master
12-10-09, 02:46
well, its so fun when I fire weapons and kill things, its just thrilling, its funny when she does something like whack a chef with a make-shift crowbar, which I really loved, and whenever you find those secret areas with great scenery, I just love it all!

ViNi__
12-10-09, 02:55
What made me happy numerous times was solving that difficult puzzles from the classics... the sensation of self realization I got there was.. was... I can't describe it :vlol:
ok, the boobs too, especially in AoD :pi:

scoopy_loopy
12-10-09, 03:12
I really, really like the cutscene where Lara shows Eckhart the Periapt Shard and says "Scary huh?" Its so badass :D

toughraid3r37
12-10-09, 03:24
-Pretending to be Lara

-Feeling indomitable and strong and capable and empowered.

-Cut scenes. Especially interactive ones.

-Correctly doing impossible things like adrenaline dodges and timed ledges correctly.

-Mentally writing fanfictions about what I'm doing as I'm doing it.

-Beautiful scenery.

-CROFT MANOR. 'nough said!

-Winston!

-Jumping around, swinging, feeling like spiderman and enjoying the ride.

-Analysing Lara's psyche during cut scenes

-Shooting stuff. It's quite cathartic.

-when Lara does that thing in TRA (and maybe others, I think Legend) where she pulls up from the ledge onto a handstand and then slowly swings her legs forward one at a time. Also, when Lara is wet and glisteny. :jmp:

Seconded :D :D :D. Except the glisteny and wet part since im a female player lol :).

aurora89
12-10-09, 03:38
Seconded :D :D :D. Except the glisteny and wet part since im a female player lol :).

So am I. >_< Female has little to do with it. :P You couldn't care less about it because you're attracted to guys, not because you're female, lol. :p

ThatNorskChick
12-10-09, 03:43
Seeing Lara's mangled corpse lying on the ground/in a spike pit after I've thrown her off a ledge fills me with immense happiness!

Tear
12-10-09, 06:28
Seeing a very attractive Lara Croft.:D

:rolleyes:And Underworld couldn't accomplish that...

Punaxe
12-10-09, 09:45
Entering a new area that's really beautiful and looks really interesting. This feeling was more prominent in the earlier games because back then I wasn't so used to seeing beautiful graphics/areas in games... But it still works. "Oooohh..."

Also the sense of accomplishment after having figured something out that wasn't too easy. "d'Ah-hah!"

xXhayleyroxXx
12-10-09, 10:13
for me:

-exploring the temples/tombs/rooms thoroughly
-seeing Lara as an attractive, strong young woman
-pick-ups (i like hoarding them)
- scenery - graphically all the games are beautiful (ecspecially cd's)
-im not gonna say killing enemies, but shooting! i dont really like killing the animals but the humans are interesting :)
-the new all-terrain motorbike - what a badass vechile XD
-pools of water - i love taking a dip in them :)
-unlock-ables (particularly outfits) - add so much re-play value!
-treasure hunt & finding artefacts & relics - returning to the tombs is fun!
-getting scared! everyone loves a thrill :)
-the feeling of anxiety before you get scared - scared to enter a room or turn a corner

xxxxxxxxxxxx

snork
12-10-09, 15:20
Hearing that "pling" and the music that came up when you finished a TR3 level, to accompany the level statistics.

When I first played that Game, it was so hard for me that this music still automatically gives me the feeling of "great achievement" ^^ (witout me doing anything, just hearing it is enough)
I think it will stay like this for my life, like it is hardwirded into my brain.

ShadyCroft
12-10-09, 15:47
Entering a new area that's really beautiful and looks really interesting. This feeling was more prominent in the earlier games because back then I wasn't so used to seeing beautiful graphics/areas in games... But it still works. "Oooohh..."

Also the sense of accomplishment after having figured something out that wasn't too easy. "d'Ah-hah!"

Yes. :D The fact that am hypothetically some place on Earth, some place beautiful, wide, lush, creepy, dark, warm, cold...exploring and doing some things that I don't normally get to do in real life.

Am currently playing Michael Allen's (Cowboy) Tomb Raider Fading Light, and am up to Jamaica and...wow! its like one lush wide area after another...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/Sike88/Fading%20Light/p1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/Sike88/Fading%20Light/p2.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/Sike88/Fading%20Light/p3.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/Sike88/Fading%20Light/p4.jpg

Nenya awakens
12-10-09, 15:47
Throwing Classic Lara off something really tall and hearing that "CRACK" when she smashes into the ground...

:pi:

Oh and that thrill you get after completing an especially tough puzzle.

GameGlitcher77
12-10-09, 17:08
In Chronicles when you get a headshot on an enemy and they fall down and drop dead.:mis: That and just shooting enemies in general. And all the firearms you get to chose from:mis: :mis:

Catracoth
12-10-09, 17:10
Getting to play as Lara for starters. She's one of my favourite video game characters of all time, so that's a huge plus. The scenery is another, which is even more thrilling on a next generation console - but even still, the scenery from the original Tomb Raider was still a sight for sore eyes. Lastly, the action and adventure. My favourite game genres, so there's another plus.

tonyme
12-10-09, 17:11
Killing Lara Croft.

:p lol just kidding, basically everything... Playing TR lol

BlackRainbow
12-10-09, 17:49
Climbing and jumping, entering interesting environments and such...

demonslayer
12-10-09, 19:56
Memories :wve:

January_Snow*
12-10-09, 20:18
Lara and conversations and cutscenes of TR4, they remind me of my childhood, and why I loved TR when I tried it for that first time :D

Ikas90
13-10-09, 10:35
Remembering the nostalgic feelings from playing TR the first time. :)

CerebralAssassin
13-10-09, 10:42
the sense of awe I got when seeing all those beautiful locations!!:)

marla_biggs
13-10-09, 10:48
Exploring all the lovely locations, feelin the atmosphere, just me an Lara. :) xx

turning it off?

What a thing to say!

Legends
13-10-09, 10:58
Memories. :D