PDA

View Full Version : Stargate series.

Nenya awakens
12-10-09, 20:21
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/veronica5464/StargateLogo1.jpg?t=1255379159

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8333/stargateatlantis01.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/veronica5464/stargate-universe-logo-stargate-uni.jpg?t=1255379016

Does anyone watch this amazing show? If so what are your favourite episodes?

I am currently watching Season 1 again, I'm on episode 9 - Thors Hammer.

I have not seen Stargate Universe yet, has anyone else?

lararoxs
12-10-09, 20:40
Just seen the first ep of SG:U it was good a real sort of mystery show, I liked it and will continue to watch it.:)

Nenya awakens
12-10-09, 20:42
I would like to watch it, im just hoping its going to be as good as the two previous shows.

I'm still gutted Atlantis was cancelled for this show.

Draco
12-10-09, 20:43
I've been a fan since before there was a show.

Tommy123
12-10-09, 20:45
Pretty good series. I dont watch it much anymore though sadly

lararoxs
12-10-09, 20:46
I would like to watch it, im just hoping its going to be as good as the two previous shows.

I'm still gutted Atlantis was cancelled for this show.

I haven't watched the other ones so I can't comment on them but I would like to give them a go!:) It's worth a watch, it's quite humorous too!

Nenya awakens
12-10-09, 20:50
I haven't watched the other ones so I can't comment on them but I would like to give them a go!:) It's worth a watch, it's quite humorous too!

Yeah do, i saw the film at the cinema when it first came out and then when SG1 started i thought i would hate it so i gave it a miss, but then i slowly started getting into it and now i adore it!

In some ways i like Atlantis more, i mean.. the first two series of SG1 wernt great!

Rivendell
12-10-09, 21:12
I love Stargate! Got into it last year thanks to Elysia.

Started with the first few episodes of Stargate Atlantis, then a while later bought the boxset of all 10 seasons of SG-1, and watched both series simultaneously. Seeing how they weaved Atlantis into SG-1 was brilliant, in a Star Wars sort of way. (Like seeing Eps 4/5/6 then the new trilogy, showing how all that came about.)

What I like so much is that it's not really serious! It's light-hearted, it has rucks of humor, it's fun, action-packed, full of ancient mythology, artifacts, tombs, temples, aliens, monsters, interstellar travel, wormholes, multiple-universes, alternate dimensions - not to mention the fantastic Vala Mal Doran and Rodney McKay!
And like the X Files, it's done its fare share of comedic episodes. :D (Thanks in part to both those characters!)

I've watched the first 3 episodes of SG-Universe, and so far I'm not impressed. I don't think it got off to a very compelling start, there's next to no humor in it (a couple of lines from Eli aside), it seems more serious, too. Grittier. Like it's attempting to recreate the feel of an episode of 24.
Plus.. where the hell are the enemies? Can't have Stargate without some enemies!

I thought we were in for some more Goa'uld after E1 of SGU, but they quickly vanished.
So, so far - this far into the series - I much preferred SG1 and SGA over SGU, which I really hope gets better. Stargate can do so much better than what SGU is at the moment.

L2nIKw2X9KY

bloodstormaoa
12-10-09, 21:38
I love SG1 but never got into Atlantis! Unfortunately Universe seems to be more of the same! :(

Phys
12-10-09, 21:46
Thankyou thankyou thankyou for creating this thread :tmb:

Stargate series is absolutely amazing. I've loved every bit of it since the first season of SG1!

I'm really not sure about Universe atm. I need to watch more :)

Draco
13-10-09, 03:35
I love SG1 but never got into Atlantis! Unfortunately Universe seems to be more of the same! :(

Well there is only so much plot foundation you can build around a spinning wheel with a puddle in it and still call it Stargate. I think SGU is more creative than SGA was though.

daventry
13-10-09, 07:19
I Love Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, i watched them All. :jmp::jmp::jmp:

What Killed the Series were 1 Person called C (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia_Black)laudia Black (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia_Black) :mad::mad::mad:

She Litterly Murdered the Show with a her Sexism and I got your Baby Line and she was such a Snob Little Tripe thats always trying to be First In Line as if She was trying to Run the Show, I Hated Her since Season 9 till the End of Season 10 where they Introduced her Dad (Family Ties), we would've been gone to S11 and S12 by now No Thanks to Her. :mad::mad:
Why did they not Use this Scene at Season 9 Episode 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_wQEtafm8&feature=related :cln::cln::cln:

Then theres Ben_Browder (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/Ben%20Browder) a Real Suck Up Richard Dean Anderson Jack Oniell Wannabe, he was ok, but he tried to Hard to be Jack Oniell. :p

I still dont Understand why they Cancelled Stargate Atlantis, there was Nothing Wrong with it. :confused::confused::confused:

Lets hope Stargate Universe gets past Season 1. :pi:

Rivendell
13-10-09, 08:36
She Litterly Murdered the Show with a her Sexism and I got your Baby Line and she was such a Snob Little Tripe thats always trying to be First In Line as if She was trying to Run the Show, I Hated Her since Season 9 till the End of Season 10 where they Introduced her Dad (Family Ties), we would've been gone to S11 and S12 by now No Thanks to Her. :mad::mad:

Best.SG-Character.Ever.
Apart from Rodney.

Sassy, sexy, hilarious, childish, fierce, treacherous, wonderful, deep - she rescued Seasons 8 and 9 after they made the transition between Jack and Cameron, the Goa'uld and the Orii. Made it bearable - without her it would've been as serious and dull as SG:U appears to be at the moment.

daventry
13-10-09, 08:53
I love Rodney, but it seems you are confused with Annoying Characters. :p

Rodney may be annoying at times, but his Character Sells while Claudia was Constintly like Sex for Hire and trying to be First In Line as if She is running the Show, all she needed was a Pregnant Tummy and she can go through the Gate looking for the Daddy. :mis:

Rivendell
13-10-09, 08:58
Rodney was never annoying. Blasphemy at it's highest, that is.

The whole point of Vala was that she was so messed up in the head, distrusting of people and insecure that she felt like she had to use her sex appeal to get what she wanted. (Not to mention that it happened rarely.) Daniel helped her get over that. Those two were so made for each other. The last episode was beautiful in itself, but after reading about some cut-out parts it became even more harrowing for her character.

After Jack went, without her character, the series would've been dull. She kept it alive, spontaneous and most importantly, funny.

Nenya awakens
13-10-09, 10:57
Atlantis was canceled because it was getting to expensive to produce the show, they decided that instead of carriying Atlantis on and creating universe they would just stick with Universe and create Atlantis movies (like the two SG-1 movies)

Stargate Atlantis - Extinction is in production now.

Just watched the season 1 episode "Hathor" and loved it!! i dont get why the fans dislike it so much.

CerebralAssassin
13-10-09, 12:20
I recently got into Atlantis,it's awesome...I love it.haven't watched the other series though...

...and I love the original movie (the one with Kurt Russell),it's what started all this!!:p

TR freak
13-10-09, 12:49
Stargate SG1 is the greatest sci fi series of all time imo. The last two series of SG1 were kind of lame though. Sometimes I kind of just wish SG1 would have ended after season 8. It just wasn't the same without O Neill. Didn't like alot of the new cast that came into it. Vala was annoying as hell. Didn't like mitchell or Landry either.

Atlantis was awesome as well. Season 1 of Atlantis was my favourite. The wraith were such a cool new enemy and were actually quite scary. They were the race that defeated the Ancients and they also feed on humans. They were awesome. The whole aura of invincibility the wraith had was just awesome. They were so hard to kill. Then in alot of later episodes of atlantis they just kind of got rid of that and made them die in a couple shots. I felt they made the wraith less scary the further atlantis went on. Series 1 of atlantis was just epic. Probably my farourite stargate series ever. Yes, I think it was better than any series of SG1. "I will tell you this. No matter where you flee, we will find you. Just as surely as we will find Earth. And when we do WE WILL FEAST!"

So far I'm not impressed with Stargate Universe. The first two episodes were quite boring. We'll see if it gets better tonight. I'm pretty sure it will.

Croft_Original
13-10-09, 14:49
I love Stargate! Got into it last year thanks to Elysia.

Started with the first few episodes of Stargate Atlantis, then a while later bought the boxset of all 10 seasons of SG-1, and watched both series simultaneously. Seeing how they weaved Atlantis into SG-1 was brilliant, in a Star Wars sort of way. (Like seeing Eps 4/5/6 then the new trilogy, showing how all that came about.)

What I like so much is that it's not really serious! It's light-hearted, it has rucks of humor, it's fun, action-packed, full of ancient mythology, artifacts, tombs, temples, aliens, monsters, interstellar travel, wormholes, multiple-universes, alternate dimensions - not to mention the fantastic Vala Mal Doran and Rodney McKay!
And like the X Files, it's done its fare share of comedic episodes. :D (Thanks in part to both those characters!)

I've watched the first 3 episodes of SG-Universe, and so far I'm not impressed. I don't think it got off to a very compelling start, there's next to no humor in it (a couple of lines from Eli aside), it seems more serious, too. Grittier. Like it's attempting to recreate the feel of an episode of 24.
Plus.. where the hell are the enemies? Can't have Stargate without some enemies!

I thought we were in for some more Goa'uld after E1 of SGU, but they quickly vanished.
So, so far - this far into the series - I much preferred SG1 and SGA over SGU, which I really hope gets better. Stargate can do so much better than what SGU is at the moment.

L2nIKw2X9KY

I'm jealous of your boxset:mad:;) I like SG1 too, I got into it after seeing the Stargate film; which I just had to watch, being an Egyptomaniac and a sci fi fan:). I was impressed with the way the series cast took over the characters from the film; something that doesn't always work.
I've seen some of SG Atlantis but I think it's on a channel I can't get now.:( I've never even heard of SG Universe, which channel's that on? In the UK that is.:)

Croft.

TR freak
13-10-09, 15:19
Universe is on tuesdays at 8pm on Sky One in the uk. Tonights the third episode of the series.

Croft_Original
13-10-09, 15:32
Universe is on tuesdays at 8pm on Sky One in the uk. Tonights the third episode of the series.

Thanks TR freak:), I just knew SGU would be on a channel I couldn't get:(. Aah well:rolleyes:.

Croft.

sephiroth99
13-10-09, 15:59
I've been a fan since before there was a show.

yes, what about the movie? It's what started all the series!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Stargateposter.jpg

It's a very good movie too (I find) :)

b0bb13
13-10-09, 16:11
Oh,God!I love StarGate SG1,got into it this summer and from then I've been obsessed with it.:D
So far I've seen seasons 2(I think?),3,4,5,6 and 7(the last episode was so freaking epic!:D).In a few minutes season 8 will start and I'm kinda nervous,since I don't know if this is when Jack is replaced and Teal'c isn't bald anymore.:p
Haven't watched Atlantis yet,I hope I'll like it,but Universe(from the trailers)looks very meh.For me,Stargate = SG1.I hope some of its members will appear in SGU,though I doubt it.

<3 Amanda,she's like the prettiest woman evurrr!:hug:
Also why did they kill Janet,loved her:(

TR freak
13-10-09, 18:21
Oh,God!I love StarGate SG1,got into it this summer and from then I've been obsessed with it.:D
So far I've seen seasons 2(I think?),3,4,5,6 and 7(the last episode was so freaking epic!:D).In a few minutes season 8 will start and I'm kinda nervous,since I don't know if this is when Jack is replaced and Teal'c isn't bald anymore.:p
Haven't watched Atlantis yet,I hope I'll like it,but Universe(from the trailers)looks very meh.For me,Stargate = SG1.I hope some of its members will appear in SGU,though I doubt it.

<3 Amanda,she's like the prettiest woman evurrr!:hug:
Also why did they kill Janet,loved her:(

Yeah so far Universe is pretty meh. I pretty much guarantee you'd like Atlantis though. You should watch it. It's amazing. As soon as you see the pilot I'm sure you'd be hooked. It was an awesome opening two part episode and way better than the pilot of SG1, which was also very awesome. I think season 1 of atlantis is the best season there's ever been in a stargate series. And damn it had an awesome season finale!

SilviaIsMyHero
13-10-09, 19:20
I love all Stargate series. My favorite is SG1 though (Jack and Vala FTW!). Atlantis was pretty good, but I didn't like characters much.
Universe is great for now, but it reminds me too much of Battlestar Gallactica.

nightwishgirl84
13-10-09, 19:47
I *love* these shows (and the movies too)!
Maybe a little too much, watched the films and the series several times now.
Been a fan for years, since I was a teenager.
I was like, 14 years old and had the *biggest* crush on Daniel ever...still do lol :p
Ohh Rodney, he's awesome, in my opinion the best character ever.
Love him so much, he always makes me laugh and I also have a secret crush on him (shhh!)...
My other favourites are Vala Mal Doran, she is so funny and quite a stunner too and Thor cause he's awesome (Michael Shanks does his voice, which is cool!)
And Ronon Dex, well...he doesn't say much but he's so...yum :D
And he makes fighting look really cool.
That Teal'C versus Ronon fight was EPIC. Just wow!
SGU, I like it allot so far, just seen Air Part I & II.
Eli Wallace, I like him already, he's like Daniel and Rodney's lovechild hehe!
SGU looks quite different from the other shows but it does look very promising and I like the idea of a countdown.

TR freak
13-10-09, 20:01
Well episode 3 of Universe sucked. So far this series is pretty crap. If this series didn't have Stargate in the title I wouldn't even bother watching it anymore. I'll watch at least a couple more episodes and see if it gets any better. Surely it must get better. Well it cant get much worse anyway.

Croft_Original
14-10-09, 08:50
^Hmm...maybe I haven't missed much then?:(

Croft.

aktrekker
14-10-09, 09:51
Wow! I figured there had to be other fans.
I'm a stargate freak :p
I have the original movie, all 10 seasons of SG1, both SG1 movies, all 5 seasons of Atlantis. I watch them all constantly, over and over.

I agree SG1 should have ended earlier. But what ruined the show was the Ori. The whole concept was crap. They needed new writers, or the original writers, or something. And I loved Claudia, she added some spice and a whole new style of humor. The other thing that ruined the show was the human form replicators. Of course, that's my opinion.

I didn't like Atlantis at first. But the way the first season ended, I just had to get the second season. Then it kind of grew on me. But it was starting to ge a little bit overboard by the end. Once again, human form replicators, a big mistake. And the whole Michael thing should have been finished within one season. Only a couple of episodes in the last season were really good. The Lost Tribe with the renegade Asgard, and Vegas set in an alternate reality, really stand out.

As for Rodney, he was irritating ever since SG1, and I hated his whiny, cowardly, hypochondriac character with a passion. But as the series progressed, he became almost human. By the end of the series, I think he was a great character.
But Todd was great. I loved his sense of humor ever since he tried to shake hands with Samantha. :vlol:

I could go on for days.....

Based on previews and other info online, I'm really not interested in SGU at all. I just don't feel it deserves the name. And it's not what I want from stargate.

Nenya awakens
14-10-09, 18:52
It's a shame people are disliking Universe, perhaps they should have paid the extra money and carried on with Atlantis, i know i would have preferred that.

nightwishgirl84
15-10-09, 19:33
Atlantis was cancelled way too soon :(
I do like the new series but I still prefer Atlantis and I too would have preferred if they continued that instead.
But they are making a Atlantis film called Extinction! :D
Hopefully it'll be out soon.
Still better than nothing I suppose...
Hope they do at least 2 films!

Dustie
15-10-09, 23:11
One day if I'm rich, I'm just gonna buy all the DVDs and watch the whole thing. The same with The X Files. And many other TV shows...

aktrekker
16-10-09, 00:40
Buy them one season at a time. You can get them pretty cheap, especially used. Build up the collection a little at a time and you don't have to be rich. That's the way I did it.

Oh yeah, I hope I didn't leak any spoilers in my earlier post. The last season of Atlantis came out on DVD a year ago, so I just assumed everyone had seen it.

Nenya awakens
18-10-09, 09:18
Just finished watching Season 2 of SG-1, I cant believe Hathor came back with a stolen army! :eek:

Shes my favourite Goa'uld so far it think! now onto season 3 :D

nightwishgirl84
19-10-09, 18:45
Just watched SGU's third episode and I quite liked it.
Can't wait to see the fourth episode :D

And I agree, Hathor was awesome.

aileenwuornos
21-10-09, 12:15
Universe makes me moist in the brain.

:D

daventry
21-10-09, 12:30
They better start doing something with SGU, itse getting boring :confused:

SGRaider
21-10-09, 12:40
Wow, why haven't I seen this tread? Thank you so much for creating it!
I have been a fan of the show since 2005 when I watched "Children of the Gods" for the first time. Up until few months ago I practically got up and went to bed with Stargate, it was always on TV and I always watched it. Memorized most of the episodes.
As for favorites, they are too much, but I can say a few:
"There, but for the grace of God", "A matter of time", "Window of opportunity", "Summit", "Full Circle" The list goes on.
At first I didn't really know if I was going to like Atlantis. The concept didn't seem right to me, but after watching the first season I really got into it and now love it as much as SG-1. The favorite episodes here are too many, just like with SG-1, but to say a few: "The Siege(all 3 parts), "Duet", "Progeny", "Doppelganger", "Ghost in the machine"
@Nenya: Hathor is one of my favorite goa'uld too. The first episode she appeared in was one of the best from season 1 imo.

Rivendell
21-10-09, 12:43
They better start doing something with SGU, itse getting boring :confused:

Hopefully the next episode will be more exciting. Although yeah, I agree. If it doesn't, it'll be the first SG series I just stop watching.

Nenya awakens
21-10-09, 17:54
Im onto season four now, watched scorched earth last night which was another good episode, about to watch Tangent.

SGRaider
21-10-09, 18:17
Scorched earth was never in my top 10, tbh. Episodes from the start of the season like Upgrades or Divide and conquer why did they have to kill Martouf? I liked him. and, of course Window of opportunity were better imo.

Nenya awakens
21-10-09, 19:04
I was shocked when Martouf died :( he was so sweet!

I really enjoyed Small Victories, finally seeing the Azgard planet was amazing!

SGRaider
21-10-09, 19:37
Oh, yes! I loved it too. They have always been my favorite from Earth's allies. They are so cute and funny. :D
The episode itself was also very good. I remember I laughed a lot when Carter was hungry and Todd gave her some Asgard food. He was like "I like the yellow ones." and when she tried the yellow one she immediately spitted it out. :vlol:

Phys
21-10-09, 19:47
Since the release of Stargate Universe, i've promised myself i'm going to watch the whole of Stargate SG-1 from the beginning. EVERY single episode (even the ones I dislike). Been AGES since i've done it so :p

I'm currently on Season 1 Episode 5 - The First Commandment :)

Nenya awakens
21-10-09, 20:07
Oh, yes! I loved it too. They have always been my favorite from Earth's allies. They are so cute and funny. :D
The episode itself was also very good. I remember I laughed a lot when Carter was hungry and Todd gave her some Asgard food. He was like "I like the yellow ones." and when she tried the yellow one she immediately spitted it out. :vlol:

Yes that was Hilarious, I love Thor he is adorable! I'm currently watching The Curse.. this season hasnt had any major 2 part eps yet.. season 3 was full of them.

Draco
22-10-09, 01:02
Since the release of Stargate Universe, i've promised myself i'm going to watch the whole of Stargate SG-1 from the beginning. EVERY single episode (even the ones I dislike). Been AGES since i've done it so :p

I'm currently on Season 1 Episode 5 - The First Commandment :)

I've watched Seasons 1-7 4 times, I'm on the 5th time through now, and will watch 8-10 as well this time.

Yes that was Hilarious, I love Thor he is adorable! I'm currently watching The Curse.. this season hasnt had any major 2 part eps yet.. season 3 was full of them.

Kinsey *holding up his finger*: 'Commander Thor...'
Thor *also holds up his finger*: Supreme Commander...'

I just loved that whole scene lol.

SGRaider
22-10-09, 16:11
I love him too! He's so funny! I remember there was a scene with him when he was talking with O'Neill. It was something along the lines of
Thor: If you are reconsidering—
O'Neill: No, no. I full well expected the other shoe to drop.
Thor: We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall.
:vlol:
I've watched Seasons 1-7 4 times, I'm on the 5th time through now, and will watch 8-10 as well this time.

Kinsey *holding up his finger*: 'Commander Thor...'
Thor *also holds up his finger*: Supreme Commander...'

I just loved that whole scene lol.

I've watched every episode at least 4-5 times too.
Don't you just love Thor? He's the best. I remember that scene very clearly. Every now and then my best friend and I would replay it. :D

Okay, a question for all of you (I am just interested): Is there an episode you've watched an episode more than 10-15 times and you practically know every line of it?
For me that's "There but for the grace of God", "Window of opportunity" and "Doppleganger".

nightwishgirl84
22-10-09, 17:13
I *love* Thor!
He's adorable and funny.
The Asgard were awesome :)

As for SGU, what it's mostly lacking is an enemy.
With no enemy, there is not much action and that is what this show needs imo.

Draco
22-10-09, 17:30
I *love* Thor!
He's adorable and funny.
The Asgard were awesome :)

As for SGU, what it's mostly lacking is an enemy.
With no enemy, there is not much action and that is what this show needs imo.

Actually, they do have an enemy. It is called Destiny.

aktrekker
24-10-09, 07:12
Personally I didn't care for Hathor. But I thought Baal was great. *spoiler*Too bad they killed him*spoiler*
I love the Nox, too bad they weren't in more episodes.
As for Martouf, *spoiler*Check out Ripple Effect*spoiler*

Favorite episodes of SG1:
The Nox, Tin Man, Bane, Spirits, Show and Tell, Urgo (Dom Deluise is great), Upgrades, Window of Opportunity, Absolute Power, Proving Ground, Sight Unseen, Disclosure, Space Race, Grace, Lockdown, Prometheus Unbound, Citizen Joe, Babylon, Ripple Effect, The Scourge, Uninvited, Memento Mori, Bad Guys, Family Ties.
*spoiler*Why did they have to kill the Asgard*spoiler*

Favorite episodes of Atlantis:
Hot Zone, Before I Sleep, Duet, Critical Mass, Grace Under Pressure, Sateda, Tao of Rodney, Sunday, Tabula Rasa, Harmony, The Last Man, The Shrine, The Lost Tribe, Vegas (5 stars).
*spoiler*Why did they bring back the Asgard*spoiler*

So much more!!!

Survival
24-10-09, 08:12
I canīt stand the series... somewhere around 4th season it was already very repetetive.

Phys
24-10-09, 11:39
I canīt stand the series... somewhere around 4th season it was already very repetetive.

Blasphemy :p

Nenya awakens
24-10-09, 12:48
I have to say that i have not enjoyed season 4 that much.. season 3 had some brilliant episodes and this has felt very weak in comparison.

Survival
24-10-09, 12:58
Blasphemy :p

Iīm not saying itīs bad. I just canīt get into it... I enjoyed most of the episodes I saw though.

daventry
24-10-09, 13:19
After watching the New Episode of SGU, its still Boring. :p

Rivendell
24-10-09, 14:09
Ngah, I'm still torn over SGU.
I keep saying 'one more..just one more'.. hoping it'll be more interesting. It can do so much better than the current state. It keeps bodering on 'not bad' for me, but still. Ugh. It's not a patch on SG-1 or Atlantis so far.

Nenya awakens
24-10-09, 15:16
Im gonna finish up the Rest of SG-1 before i start with Universe.

Currently on series 5, lets hope it's more interesting then season 4.. weakest season except for the first.

aktrekker
24-10-09, 21:23
Season 5 has some high points.
The Tomb, 2001, Wormhole X-treme, Proving Ground, Last Stand, Fail Safe, Menace, Revelations.
Season 6 slows down just a little, at least for me. Season 7 gets a little better. Season 8 will depend on what elements of the series you like. They ended the season early because they thought they would get canceled, and wanted to finish up all the story lines. They didn't get canceled and made 2 more episodes that are pretty good.
Season 9 and 10 sucked. The main story line was crap, the new enemy way over the top. But there were some good episodes.
And finally, the two movies. The Ark of Truth finished up the series after it got canceled for real. Continuum was just a bonus movie, and I liked it. It was a fun adventure. But the final scene sucked. Cliff Simon was great as Baal.

Trinity34
27-10-09, 23:53
Hi all.

I was a big fan of the original movie and the first season of SG1 but it went to the Syfy station here in the states which you have to pay for so I never got to see all of them .... but.... the Hulu website has most of the seasons of SG1 and its all free to watch. Go to the website and type stargate in the search... they also have Atlantis and Universe.

www.hulu.com

I am currently on season 5 of SG1. :)

Phys
28-10-09, 00:43
Hi all.

I was a big fan of the original movie and the first season of SG1 but it went to the Syfy station here in the states which you have to pay for so I never got to see all of them .... but.... the Hulu website has most of the seasons of SG1 and its all free to watch. Go to the website and type stargate in the search... they also have Atlantis and Universe.

www.hulu.com

Another reason why I sometimes dislike being in the UK. There is no websites like this available for watching stargate. And I can't watch those ones as it is USA only -_-

Big Matt
28-10-09, 01:57
Hi all.

www.hulu.com

Hulu is the stuff man! I have almost stopped watching normal TV because of Hulu. In some ways it's almost like an online DVR. You can watch the current episodes of TV shows whenever you want and advertising is very minimal.

As far as Stargate goes, that's the same story for me. I liked the movie then didn't watch the series when it came out because I refuse to pay for television, especially if it has advertisements. Hulu recently added season 8 of SG-1 and their notation at the top of the SG-1 page says that they will post all ten seasons and have them available through May of 2010.

SGU is watchable as long as you don't think of it as Stargate and approach it as a standalone science fiction show. You have to be willing to put up with a very slow moving story, and not mind a dark gritty documentary-like show with none of the SG-1 or Atlantis humor. As far as style, rhythm, acting, pacing, and camera techniques it's nothing like the past thirteen years or so of Stargate. About the only resemblance is they have a Stargate, not that they can use it most of the time, but they do have one.

By the way, Hulu posts the five most recent episodes of SGU, as well.

Nenya awakens
28-10-09, 18:50
I have to say Seasons 4 & 5 have been pretty bland compared to the brilliance of 2 & 3, I hope it picks up in season 6.

daventry
15-11-09, 18:52
This New Episode of SGU was AWSOME. :cln::cln::cln:

Draco
15-11-09, 19:13
SGU isn't very popular. While I can understand why, it would be a shame to see the show disappear. I'd like it to stick around just to see the possible directions the show could take.

nightwishgirl84
15-11-09, 19:14
This New Episode of SGU was AWSOME. :cln::cln::cln:

I agree!
For the first time ever, it was *really* good :D

daventry
15-11-09, 19:27
I love when they first saw the Video and the Girl dies in fornt of it, Eli says "What The" :eek::vlol: