PDA

View Full Version : Parkour is like a double edged sword.

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:01
Parkour is a beutiful sport filled with adrenaline , fast moves , slow moves and a new way of transportation. In parkour you can either be a Parkour < the kind that only climbs , a Free runner does both Tricks and Climbs or a Tricker ( does flips more than climbing)
I personally am more of a free runner cause i do more gymnastics than tricks but... yesterday after a couple of falls i realized that parkour is a double edged sword ... Yesterday We were training we climbed on a building and had to climb from a place to the other i ran stepped on the wall but the moment i was about to grab my arm slipped and i hit my ribs not to serious thankfully. When we were coming down when i jumped down i accidentally slipped and to soften the fall i did a roll but accidentally rolled over tin and the edges
were toghether and i rolled over them.... the impact was on my right shoulder ... and when i was about to jump down i felt my legs were about to break so to soften the fall i did a roll with an injured arm while caring for my ribs and shoulder in the mean time. I jumped down did the roll thankfully i didn't injure my self there :D.

Catracoth
12-10-09, 22:03
Mirror's Edge.

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:06
Mirror's Edge.

In real life :D

Tombraiderx08
12-10-09, 22:18
1 ow 2 your crazy 3 are you okay? XD

Thorir
12-10-09, 22:21
This is how I realised snowboarding was WAY more fun in games than real life.

Some sports are simply more fun in games.

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:22
@ tombraiderx08 yea i am ok but i'm advised to give it a break for a month *which i won't do*
@ Thorir if you use the video game charachter as an inspiration NOW THAT is something *cough* me and lara

Catracoth
12-10-09, 22:23
I used to watch people do parkour all the time via YouTube videos. I always wished I could do that. Imagine running from the five-oh? You would always get away!

Carbonek_0051
12-10-09, 22:24
Imagine running from the five-oh? You would always get away!

Planning to do something naughty Mason?:pi:

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:25
I used to watch people do parkour all the time via YouTube videos. I always wished I could do that. Imagine running from the five-oh? You would always get away!

Try it it's really easy :) just be careful whatcha do cause every step has its value.

Minty Mouth
12-10-09, 22:28
I really admire people who can do this stuff in real life. Wish I could do it :(

Still though, there is a risk involved in most sports, that's part of the adrenaline and thrill of some things.

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:28
*quickly goes to youtube to show some clips*
P.S
Just a note i'm not showing off..

snork
12-10-09, 22:31
I only know it from Yamakasi movies and such.

Their Moving is really awesome, but I hated that "philosophy" of theirs, all that Ugha!-Ugha! stoneage machoism. :hea:

But the way they moved the buildings was really awesome. :D
AND I thought it was obvious that everyone doing so will suffer several more or less serious injuries in doing so every now and then.
(wow, my language is getting out of hand :eek: )

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:35
Yzxuj_qbmqo Skip the first 1:20 :D It was a gmod animation :3 the other is the video of one of my friends he whipped up for us :D

ViNi__
12-10-09, 22:40
I wish I could do parkour :(
but well, I'm too lazy and my city don't have much interesting places to practice... and since no one here practice this, police would probably catch me :vlol:
yeah, I do live in the end of the world :pi:

maniakatosheto
12-10-09, 22:56
It's easy people just try :)

violentblossom
12-10-09, 23:18

Yeah, but surely running from the police with a kidnapped Hayley Williams on his back would take vast amounts of practice/training. :pi:

Catracoth
12-10-09, 23:22

What on Earth gave you that idea?
*loads handgun and prepares getaway car for a bank robbery*

Yeah, but surely running from the police with a kidnapped Hayley Williams on his back would take vast amounts of practice/training. :pi:

That's not a bad idea at all.

violentblossom
12-10-09, 23:24
That's not a bad idea at all.

You should know, you came up with it.

Catracoth
12-10-09, 23:59
You should know, you came up with it.

Haha that wasn't my idea. I actually planned on robbing the local bank to buy a few nice material possessions.

GenyaArikado
13-10-09, 00:03
Parkour...double edged sword...injuries...O really

Rai
13-10-09, 00:42
I don't know whether you're brave or plain crazy to do this extreme sport, but I admire you're guts anyway. :p

I'm glad you're okay and hope you heal real fast. :)

maniakatosheto
13-10-09, 00:44
I will! Cause i'm gonna be a pokemon master! lol

Aphrodite22
13-10-09, 00:49
id love to learn tho i would NEVER jump over buildings.. sadly i dunno anyone who practices it

Shark_Blade
13-10-09, 01:18
I will! Cause i'm gonna be a pokemon master! lol:vlol:

I admire your skills. We don't have those kind of buildings here though. Lots of suburban terrace houses and fields, and where I'm working is just dull erect buildings.

Solice
13-10-09, 01:33
Parkour is a beutiful sport filled with adrenaline , fast moves , slow moves and a new way of transportation. In parkour you can either be a Parkour < the kind that only climbs , a Free runner does both Tricks and Climbs or a Tricker ( does flips more than climbing)
I personally am more of a free runner cause i do more gymnastics than tricks but... yesterday after a couple of falls i realized that parkour is a double edged sword ... Yesterday We were training we climbed on a building and had to climb from a place to the other i ran stepped on the wall but the moment i was about to grab my arm slipped and i hit my ribs not to serious thankfully. When we were coming down when i jumped down i accidentally slipped and to soften the fall i did a roll but accidentally rolled over tin and the edges
were toghether and i rolled over them.... the impact was on my right shoulder ... and when i was about to jump down i felt my legs were about to break so to soften the fall i did a roll with an injured arm while caring for my ribs and shoulder in the mean time. I jumped down did the roll thankfully i didn't injure my self there :D.

It's been berrrry berrrry good to this guy

r6ca4wbaVYs

maniakatosheto
13-10-09, 02:16
It's been berrrry berrrry good to this guy

r6ca4wbaVYs < Fail
SjblVWd_JRg