PDA

View Full Version : Leona 'punched in head' at bookshop

tonyme
14-10-09, 21:27
Singer Leona Lewis was punched in the head as she signed books for fans, her spokesman has said.

Leona 'punched in head' at bookshop .The 24-year-old former X Factor winner had been meeting members of the public at Waterstone's Piccadilly in London for around an hour-and-a half on Wednesday afternoon when a man who had been waiting in the queue suddenly lashed out, he said.

Lewis was bruised, upset and shaken after the incident and was checked over by a doctor.

The singer's spokesman, who witnessed the attack, said: "She was doing a signing to launch her new book. Hundreds of fans had been queuing since last night."

He said she had been happily signing autographs for around an 90 minutes when "a guy came up and punched her to the side of the head".

He did not hear the man say anything to Lewis during the "unprovoked" incident and security officers swooped.

Lewis sustained bruising to the side of the head and was left "shaken", he said, adding that she had gone to see the doctor. "She is absolutely gutted she did not get the signings finished," he said.

The spokesman said that to hit a woman was "beyond cowardly".

The former X Factor winner was signing copies of her autobiography, Dreams.

Police said officers were called to Waterstone's and a man has been arrested "following reports of an assault against a female".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091014...p-6323e80.html

The first link doesn't seem to wanna work anymore, there's another: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F5_0_s_0_0_t&usg=AFQjCNHAhi-lc9BF1FRwoCSS9IpGx2i3wg&cid=1451302502&ei=cULWSqibOIHcjQfE7raMAw&rt=HOMEPAGE&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.people.com%2Fpeople%2Farticle %2F0%2C%2C20312290%2C00.html

Chocola teapot
14-10-09, 21:30
OMFG I Just heared that on the news!! Poor leona!

patriots88888
14-10-09, 21:31
Sorry! We couldn't find the page you requested. :p

A new, radical way to show your displeasure towards certain celebrities?

Reggie
14-10-09, 21:32
That's awful! And Leona is an especially likeable person as well. :(

tonyme
14-10-09, 21:32
Sorry! We couldn't find the page you requested. :p

Check first post again.

larafan25
14-10-09, 21:34
OH NO!

what kind of person would do that:O

:(

Lavinder
14-10-09, 21:34
:vlol: What could she have possibly done to make this guy so angry? She's not even been in the public eye for ages,

Spong
14-10-09, 21:37
:vlol: What could she have possibly done to make this guy so angry? She's not even been in the public eye for ages,

Where have you been? The people on the estate where she lives hate her (apparently). This guy in the shop was probably a neighbour.

Lavinder
14-10-09, 21:39
Fill me in? =/

Nannonxyay
14-10-09, 21:39
Punching a woman is beyond cowardly? No. Punching anybody without a solid reason to is beyond cowardly.

I hope Leona is alright. Hitting someone just because they're famous and not necesarally someone you like is pathetic. It's like when artists are bottled at music festivals. It's disgusting that you would injure someone just because you don't like their music.

tonyme
14-10-09, 21:40
I hope she's okay!!! :(

Sir Croft
14-10-09, 21:41
Am I the only one who pictured the scene and found it funny? :pi:

Lavinder
14-10-09, 21:43
You can just imagine the perfect vocal shriek..

tonyme
14-10-09, 21:44
Am I the only one who pictured the scene and found it funny? :pi:

Nope I actually laughed at first :o

SamReeves
14-10-09, 22:01
Pretty bizzare. Stay off the drugs folks.

Rai
14-10-09, 22:28
Silly man, punching Leona and what for? What is he jealous of her success or something.

I hope she'll be fine again soon.

tombraiderluka
14-10-09, 22:29
Too bad, but seriously? She got slapped and she went to a doctor :vlol:

911 a mosquito bit me! :mad:

remote91
14-10-09, 23:00
You can just imagine the perfect vocal shriek..
Lmao.

Poor woman, maybe it knocked some personality into her?

TRhalloween
14-10-09, 23:04
0.o Awful. She didn't do anything to deserve that.

Romantics Inc.
14-10-09, 23:12
:vlol:!

EDIT: Im still laughing, hold on a sec!! XD :vlol::vlol:!!!

Nannonxyay
14-10-09, 23:24
Lmao.

:vlol: LMAO.

Catapharact
14-10-09, 23:37
A new, radical way to show your displeasure towards certain celebrities?

Who knows... Kung Fu kicks might become the new handshake.

MadCroy101
15-10-09, 00:48
Maybe he was just ****ed at her music....lol hahaha just kidding. That was kinda mean. Shes the only pop artist I will listen to.

oreo
15-10-09, 00:59
:vlol:!

EDIT: Im still laughing, hold on a sec!! XD :vlol::vlol:!!!

:vlol:

hope shes ok :( :D

rowanlim
15-10-09, 02:31
I hope she's okay. I don't think this is funny at all, she's a human being like the rest of us, no one deserves being punched in the face, whether for being famous or being disliked. I guess John Lennon being shot was pretty funny too :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider 5194
15-10-09, 02:36
It's kind of random that somebody would punch her out of nowhere, but I hope she is okay and not dizzy lol.

Tear
15-10-09, 04:07
:yik: Why!? She's such a sweetie!

Lenochka
15-10-09, 04:14
For some reason when I try to imagine what happened this pops into my head lmao
BQa6BZhPdJs

but in all seriousness that is pretty strange. She seems like the nicest girl ever... I wonder why anyone would want to do that to her.

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 04:17
For some reason when I try to imagine what happened this pops into my head lmao
BQa6BZhPdJs

but in all seriousness that is pretty strange. She seems like the nicest girl ever... I wonder why anyone would want to do that to her.

:vlol: I am going to forever picture that in my head. xD

But yeah I agree, she doesn't seem to be like the type of person to provoke something like this. =/

ajrich17901
15-10-09, 06:37
Wow I hope the dude gets at least 6 months behind jail, no man should ever hit a woman, specialy someone like Leona she's so friken kind O___O

Nenya awakens
15-10-09, 09:59
Punching a woman is beyond cowardly? No. Punching anybody without a solid reason to is beyond cowardly.

I hope Leona is alright. Hitting someone just because they're famous and not necesarally someone you like is pathetic. It's like when artists are bottled at music festivals. It's disgusting that you would injure someone just because you don't like their music.

If a woman punches me in the face i have absolutely NO problem punching her back.

Poor Leona! :(

*laralover*
15-10-09, 12:31
Poor Leona :( That guy needs a smack on HIS head :mad:

scion05
15-10-09, 12:47
Lmao.

Exactly what I said LOL... she probably responded with...

" Ehhhh.... uhhh.... ehhhhhhh " *grimace*

:rolleyes:

marla_biggs
15-10-09, 14:34
It's all over the papers today. Poor lamb x

xx_Hunt_xx
15-10-09, 14:36
It shouldn't of happend, but i dont get why its such big news.

violentblossom
15-10-09, 14:39
I'm sorry, I would have have punched the hell out of him right back. :ohn:

trXD
15-10-09, 14:44
Wow I hope the dude gets at least 6 months behind jail, no man should ever hit a woman, specialy someone like Leona she's so friken kind O___O

When a woman punches a man its funny, but when a man punches a woman its horrifying.

Funny how the world works like that.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-10-09, 14:52
omg thats horrible! poor leona! xx

violentblossom
15-10-09, 14:53
Well, women ARE weaker than men. I mean, if a woman is just beating on you, then yes, you should be able to restrain her, protect yourself, maybe whack her right back, but not with full force. That isn't a fair fight.

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 14:54

Yah! She just sat there and took it like a ***** :ohn:

Draco
15-10-09, 15:11
This is a big deal...why?

violentblossom
15-10-09, 15:16
Yah! She just sat there and took it like a ***** :ohn:

Girls are so tender these days.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:35
Punched in the head? Or Punched in the face?

Head sounds more vicious....

Anyway, your have to be a complete moron to do that at a book signing in front of people who are there to see someone they respect and look up to.

Tear
15-10-09, 15:44
If a woman punches me in the face i have absolutely NO problem punching her back.

Poor Leona! :(

That does NOT make it right. :rolleyes: Women are naturally weaker than men, it is a very unfair fight.

Me too! I would have jumped over that table, tackled him, and beat the :cen: out of him.:p I'm totally not kidding.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:47
That does NOT make it right. :rolleyes: Women are naturally weaker than men, it is a very unfair fight.

If you can prove to me that every woman in this world is stronger than every man, then I will concede to this point of view.

Unless that is true, then it can not be used as a valid argument.

Anyway, Lets not turn this thread into another one of those....

violentblossom
15-10-09, 15:50
If you can prove to me that every woman in this world is stronger than every man, then I will concede to this point of view.

Unless that is true, then it can not be used as a valid argument.

Anyway, Lets not turn this thread into another one of those....

Well, men naturally have more muscle mass. Men are bigger, and, if you take two individuals, one male, one female, each of average size for their genders and neither has ever worked out a day of their life, you'll find that the male is definately going to be physically stronger.

I'm strong physically, but I could never take on my fiance. No freaking way.

Tear
15-10-09, 15:52
Well, men naturally have more muscle mass. Men are bigger, and, if you take two individuals, one male, one female, each of average size for their genders and neither has ever worked out a day of their life, you'll find that the male is definately going to be physically stronger.

I'm strong physically, but I could never take on my fiance. No freaking way.

Thank you. Looks like I didn't need to explain.:)

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:52

Although I see your point, it is irrelevant. The standard argument is that a man should never hit a woman, right? In that case every, man would have to be stronger than every woman for it to make any sense.

violentblossom
15-10-09, 15:54
Although I see your point, it is irrelevant. The standard argument is that a man should never hit a woman, right? In that case every, man would have to be stronger than every woman for it to make any sense.

Well, I didn't say that. I don't think anyone did say that a man should never hit a woman if she doesn't deserve it. All I'm saying is that if a man is going to hit a woman back, then he shouldn't use his full strength. He should only use the force neccessary to give her back what she's given, or at least force enough to chill her the hell out/defend himself.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:56
Well, I didn't say that. I don't think anyone did say that a man should never hit a woman if she doesn't deserve it. All I'm saying is that if a man is going to hit a woman back, then he shouldn't use his full strength. He should only use the force neccessary to give her back what she's given, or at least force enough to chill her the hell out/defend himself.

Well, that only applies if the woman is weaker than the man...which isnt true in all cases.

So, from that logic, you think that if a woman is stronger than a man, she should restrain herself too? In that case, it is not a gender barrier, rather a 'strength Barrier'

violentblossom
15-10-09, 15:58
Well, that only applies if the woman is weaker than the man...which isnt true in all cases.

So, from that logic, you think that if a woman is stronger than a man, she should restrain herself too? In that case, it is not a gender barrier, rather a 'strength Barrier'

I never said that it was about gender specifically, but you are correct. If a female is in a physical altercation, then she should only use the amount of force necessary to defend herself from this weaker assailant.

Draco
15-10-09, 16:01
If someone hits me, they are challenging me to hit them back. They get what they want regardless of who they might be.

Mad Tony
15-10-09, 16:05
If someone hits me, they are challenging me to hit them back. They get what they want regardless of who they might be.Yes. :tmb:

remote91
15-10-09, 16:14
I wouldn't punch a woman back.. I'd grab her by the hair and toss her out into the street on her ass

Tear
15-10-09, 16:27
I wouldn't punch a woman back.. I'd grab her the hair and toss her out into the street on her ass

NemesisX13X
15-10-09, 16:33
OH NO!

what kind of person would do that:O

:(

*raises hand*.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 16:34
*raises hand*.

You're a person?

;)

ajrich17901
15-10-09, 16:43
I wouldn't punch a woman back.. I'd grab her by the hair and toss her out into the street on her ass

violentblossom
17-10-09, 13:12
LMAO, E! just said the following, which made me laugh kinda hard;

"Leona was reportedly NOT bleeding love, or anything, for that matter."

viper456
17-10-09, 14:14
All I'm gonna say is the ***** shouldn't of looked at me in that tone of voice...the 5 hour wait was worth it though....on a side note I'm up to chapter 4 of her book.

MattTR
17-10-09, 14:15
That's so freaking messed up in so many ways.. this is only going to make celebs more scared to go out in public.. :(

viper456
17-10-09, 14:19
That's so freaking messed up in so many ways.. this is only going to make celebs more scared to go out in public.. :(

Its her own fault for not having the proper training to defend herself (http://earsucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/britney_spears_umbrella.jpg) like the rest of the high profile celebs do these days

Croft, Lara
17-10-09, 14:19
All I'm gonna say is the ***** shouldn't of looked at me in that tone of voice...the 5 hour wait was worth it though....on a side note I'm up to chapter 4 of her book.

Maybe you'll make it into the next book.....

viper456
17-10-09, 14:21
Maybe you'll make it into the next book.....

I better; or else she won't know whats hit her this time!

Croft, Lara
17-10-09, 14:22
I better; or else she won't know whats hit her this time!

She knows what hit her this time. You.

EternoD
17-10-09, 14:29
drama queen.
checked by a doctor? i'm sure she was fine..