PDA

View Full Version : One Thing You HATE About Forums

Haaaydeen
15-10-09, 01:00
The one thing I hate about forums is when you post a question and someone replies saying "I don't know"!

patriots88888
15-10-09, 01:01
Spam!!! :p

thecentaur
I don't know and I don't care...
(responses like that get me ticked off.... lol)

:D

scoopy_loopy
I hate it when posts are deleted. IMO they should remain for all the forum to see what an idiot that person truly is :p

(Unless its highly offensive, inwhich case, it can be edited)

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:02
I hate it when posts are deleted. IMO they should remain for all the forum to see what an idiot that person truly is :p

(Unless its highly offensive, inwhich case, it can be edited)

They could but itd set a precedent :p
With forums I hate seeing a ton of game threads being put up, it IMO is nothing but spam.

Haaaydeen
15-10-09, 01:02
Either that, orIt could just be reported.

Spong
15-10-09, 01:03
I hate all those people who reply in threads with animated GIFS. It's not clever and it's not funny. The only thing it achieves is showing a lack of intelligence on the poster's part to express themselves articulately enough using written words.

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:04
I hate all those people who reply to posts with animated GIFS. It's not clever and it's not funny. The only thing it achieves is showing a lack of intelligence on the poster's part to express themselves articulately enough using words.

Highly agreed but mainly ones used to ridicule other people that annoy me and that happens a fair bit.

oreo
15-10-09, 01:05
threads asking what you hate :whi:

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:06
threads asking what you hate :whi:

Good avvy and username :p those cookies are awesome.

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:07
That I can only post every 60 seconds.. :hea:

:p

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:08
That I can only post every 60 seconds.. :hea:

Discourages spam IMO. If we could all post every second, this place would be too bombarded lol

Agent 47
15-10-09, 01:12
I hate all those people who reply in threads with animated GIFS. It's not clever and it's not funny. The only thing it achieves is showing a lack of intelligence on the poster's part to express themselves articulately enough using written words.

funny you should post that. i was just discussing the same thing on MSN :D

i call it spam rather than lack of intelligence though :)

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:15
funny you should post that. i was just discussing the same thing on MSN :D

i call it spam rather than lack of intelligence though :)

Call it both :p spam is lack of intelligence :p

Tombraiderx08
15-10-09, 01:17
rude people, and opinions! *faints*

Quasimodo
15-10-09, 01:18
Inactivity is what I dislike most on a forum. A close second is when a juicy grab-your-popcorn-and-watch-the-fur-fly drama thread gets closed just when things were getting interesting.

Phlip
15-10-09, 01:19
Not knowing when people have quoted you and you miss what they've said, or the OCD of having to check any thread you've replied in to see whether they have.

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:19
Discourages spam IMO. If we could all post every second, this place would be too bombarded lol

Very true, but me likey spam.. :ton:

Don't kill me! .. :eek:

Paperdoll
15-10-09, 01:23

:pi:

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:24

Youre getting yourself killed with that :p

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:24
:pi:

Erm.. hey nice moderator.. :wve:

:gki:

matrix54
15-10-09, 01:25
When I post something in a very active thread, and then it just dies afterwards, and I'm left waiting for a response. I'm still waiting to continue our debate in the "Uncharted 2 Vs TR" thread:p

than and:
Stupid comments
G.R.O.XXX threads
People who complain over things they have no control over, or can easily fix
Pictures that I wanna see that take forever to load on the page, as well as very large pictures
The extrealy strict rules (I hate being banned, its like my hand is programmed to com to this site ever minutes after I leave

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:26
Another thing I hate seeing is asskissing :p
Really shows lack of dignity.

toughraid3r37
When people argue over stupide things lol :hea:. Like the argument if lara should have a ponytail or a braid..... who the hell cares really lol.

JRod2208
Arrogant, ignorant people. I hate them in general, but I tend to come across them more in forums. I don't hate anything more than someone who thinks they are more intellegent than you and yet, they're the stupidest people I have ever met. Grr. Hate 'em.

Haaaydeen
15-10-09, 01:27
lol i hate that too

Larson_1988
15-10-09, 01:29
Erm.. hey nice moderator.. :wve:

:gki:

You're so beautiful, I love your avatar.

Your username is astounding? Paperdoll? Very original! :D

17,046 posts? Wow! You're amazing! :eek:

Portugal is my favorite country by the way! :hug:

I have MSN messenger, too! It rocks. :D

Your signature really speaks to me..

Belivie it or not, but exactly this.

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:30
Belivie it or not, but exactly this.

Oh come on Mads.. it was a joke.. :whi:

:hug:

Paddy
15-10-09, 01:37
Oh come on Mads.. it was a joke.. :whi:

My bad dude I actually honestly thought that was for real :p because I see others do it.

Lenochka
15-10-09, 01:38
I hate all those people who reply in threads with animated GIFS. It's not clever and it's not funny.

Yeah, they were kind of funny at first but not so much anymore =/
I think its because the same ones tend to be used over and over again.

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:41
My bad dude I actually honestly thought that was for real :p because I see others do it.

Well maybe I did go a little overboard.. :whi: I apologize and will remain spamless from now on.. or at least try to. :p

matrix54
15-10-09, 01:42
aww... I like your spam :p

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 01:43

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/sircroft/2utnvoi.gif

Sorry Spongorz, just had to :D

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:43
aww... I like your spam :p

Do you like his spam?

http://www.weeklyreader.com/readandwriting/content/binary/spam%20boy.jpg

And so we don't *completely* go off topic.. I dislike the food, Spam, it taste nasty in my opinion.

Catracoth
15-10-09, 01:44
Easy misinterpretations.

Saphyre
15-10-09, 01:45

And it slows down my browser, locks it up sometimes :(

JRod2208
15-10-09, 01:45
Do you like his spam?

And so we don't *completely* go off topic.. I dislike the food, Spam, it taste nasty in my opinion.

Why do I get the impression that he wants to rape me? O_o....

Paperdoll
15-10-09, 01:47
Yeah people... let's leave the Spam in the can please. Thank you.

MattTR
15-10-09, 01:48
Yeah people... let's leave the Spam in the can please. Thank you.

Well said my dear. :hug:

Anyways, I dislike the fat that I cannot have a huge Larson banner in my signature.. :vlol:

Hairhelmet12
15-10-09, 02:36
I really hate it when people asskiss Mods. it really ****es me off, cause, really? thats not getting you anywhere, shows poor character.

I see it ALOT with..one moderator, people always kissing there ass. so annoying. cause its so Obvious!

JRod2208
15-10-09, 02:36
removed

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. :confused:

rowanlim
15-10-09, 02:37
People going off-topic. Been seeing a lot of that in GC lately, it's starting to get on my nerves.

I suppose the main issue with forums, or with internet communication for that matter, is MISCOMMUNICATION. It's inevitable but sometimes dangerous. There's not much that really annoys me about forums :)

AmericanAssassin
15-10-09, 02:38
I hate sloppy looking avatars. Ones that seem like they were made in 30 seconds. Yuck!

matrix54
15-10-09, 02:40
Why do I get the impression that he wants to rape me? O_o....

*turns off monitor*

Sad part it, when I turn it back on, it will still be there. And no matt, that spam, as paperdoll said, can stay int he can :tmb:

Johnnay
15-10-09, 02:43

like you and your white texting:p:p:p:p

about this forum Avatars the most

because its

128X128
no gay ones( LOL)
wait 28 days for a new one

JRod2208
15-10-09, 02:43
^^
The Spam-man scares me... I'll have nightmares. :vlol:

matrix54
15-10-09, 02:45
so If I wanted the gay flag, I can't have it. I don't want it, I hate it (yes, I hate my own flag :p to colorful), but still. Its gay...

knightgames
15-10-09, 02:47
When I post something in a very active thread, and then it just dies afterwards, and I'm left waiting for a response. I'm still waiting to continue our debate in the "Uncharted 2 Vs TR" thread:p

I was going to change my forum name to 'the vanquisher of topics.' I kill a lot of them. So many topics have mine as the final post. I feel like the party was going all fine then everyone just gets up and leaves.

knightgames
15-10-09, 02:51
Do you like his spam?

Isn't that the father in the movie coming out Friday called The Stepfather?"

SamReeves
15-10-09, 02:56
I dislike suck-ups and douchebags. That's pretty simple. :D

irjudd
15-10-09, 02:58
I was going to change my forum name to 'the vanquisher of topics.' I kill a lot of them. So many topics have mine as the final post. I feel like the party was going all fine then everyone just gets up and leaves.
What I find more annoying than that is when you post in a topic that's been quiet for a few days, and then people ignore what you said and start replying to posts made before your reply which is what bumped the thread in the first place. :pi:

knightgames
15-10-09, 03:01
Been there done that and had duplicates made. I die a little each time. (well not really but....)

matrix54
15-10-09, 03:06
you all speak to my very soul :eek:

EDIT: Minutes later, the thread dies:rolleyes:

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 03:42
you all speak to my very soul :eek:

EDIT: Minutes later, the thread dies:rolleyes:

:vlol:
Sorry :p

matrix54
15-10-09, 03:47
you do care :tea:

miss.haggard
15-10-09, 03:55
People who make ridiculous amounts of thread about completely nonsensical things, and refuse to see the views of other people.

And the grammar. OH THE GRAMMAR!:hea:

egypt_gypsie
15-10-09, 03:55
This doesn't really happen on this forum, but when people post a topic about something, and that something already has a topic started with like 40 pages. Could you possibly look in the forum first before you post?

miss.haggard
15-10-09, 03:57
^ Well along with that is the (sorry J) stupid rule about resurrecting threads. I can understand if they are years old, but a few months? Cmon.

egypt_gypsie
15-10-09, 04:02
And the grammar. OH THE GRAMMAR!:hea:

I know what you mean. It is like some people have never heard of commas and periods.

their sentences look like this its like they have never been to school before why do they even bother typing if we cant read anything they say :hea:

And I really hate it when people mispell practically their whole post. I feel the sudden urge to quote it and correct all their spelling mistakes. :mad:

miss.haggard
15-10-09, 04:05
The worst thing for me is - u r so kewl. we beter go 4 fud!!111!!1!!!!

*facepalm* Most of the time I have to read through the post 3 times in order to understand what these people are trying to get across. I know Im not the best with my grammar either, but atleast I try. Right?

egypt_gypsie
15-10-09, 04:09

*facepalm* Most of the time I have to read through the post 3 times in order to understand what these people are trying to get across. I know Im not the best with my grammar either, but atleast I try. Right?

I used to like the use of the word 'fail', but now it is just getting annoying. That and the word epic. Holy god, I want to shoot myself everytime I hear it.

The only place I like 'u r so kewl. we beter go 4 fud!!111!!1!!!!' - that type of language is on LOLcats or some such thing. In regular forum posts, unless you want to sound like an idiot, try to avoid it. For my sanity, please.

miss.haggard
15-10-09, 04:15
Agreed, lets be best friends.

Then we can... go 4 fud!!!11!!!!111 :D

egypt_gypsie
15-10-09, 04:21
Agreed, lets be best friends.

Then we can... go 4 fud!!!11!!!!111 :D

Roflllllll :D

-Chromeo-
15-10-09, 04:41
May be repeated but

WHEN PEOPLE WRITE BUMP like 34873894x
I mean come on, 1 time is enough =\

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-10-09, 04:53
The only thing I hate is self appointed mods who deem threads (especially the popular ones) as either "pointless" or "spam", yet their very complaint is pointless spam in itself. Hypocrite, much?

That's the only thing I don't like, but you see people like that in all forums, not just this one. :p I love it here. :jmp:

patriots88888
15-10-09, 04:56
The only thing I hate is self appointed mods who deem threads (especially the popular ones) as either "pointless" or "spam", yet their very complaint is pointless spam in itself. Hypocrite, much?

That's the only thing I don't like, but you see people like that in all forums, not just this one. :p I love it here. :jmp:

How dare you laying that guilt trip on us! :p Haha, blame it on boredom! ;)

Admles
15-10-09, 05:39
I HATE threads without a proper title - things like "A question" or "Please help...." - people do it just to get more views. Thread titles should always explain the basic idea of the thread without the need to open it.

I also hate the pure laziness from people who can't be bothered to type correctly / spell correctly / use correct grammar.

MyRaider4Life
15-10-09, 05:44
I hate when someone makes a thread asking for something and someone posts saying "Sorry, I cant help you".
It seems really pointless because the OP didn't ask that person directly.

BlackRainbow
15-10-09, 06:02
When people quote pictures and videos like crazy Q__Q

patriots88888
15-10-09, 06:04
I HATE threads without a proper title - things like "A question" or "Please help...." - people do it just to get more views. Thread titles should always explain the basic idea of the thread without the need to open it.

Views mean nothing without meaningful replies. ;) But yea, for the most part I agree about vague thread titles.

hera7days
15-10-09, 06:04
Only one thing? Nope, can't do it.

-Backseat modding
-Vague thread titles
-Quoting a huge picture just to say "I like it" or a huge block of text just to say "I agree" or whatever
-When a jillion topics are created on the same subject. (Fortunately, this only seems to happen when major news comes out)
-Only being able to search every 60 seconds or so.
-When there's an interesting thread, but by the time I find it, it's gone way off topic. I always feel weird going back to the original topic.
-This guy right here...:wve: smug little *mutter mutter*

and a little more specifically...
-The KZAA thread being closed forever. *sobs*
-When Core fans are accused of being stuck in the past.
-When Crystal fans are accused of constantly needing their hands held.

(although, a lot of the things on this list don't inspire RAEG, they're more like minor annoyances.) :p

rowanlim
15-10-09, 06:08
I also hate the pure laziness from people who can't be bothered to type correctly / spell correctly / use correct grammar.

Gosh I totally agree with this. A bit more effort to do it right would be appreciated.

patriots88888
15-10-09, 06:10
-This guy right here...:wve: smug little *mutter mutter*

LOL! Are people really that hung up about smileys/emoticons? :p <--- Sorry!

Mad Tony
15-10-09, 06:26
I hate all those people who reply in threads with animated GIFS. It's not clever and it's not funny. The only thing it achieves is showing a lack of intelligence on the poster's part to express themselves articulately enough using written words.Oh my God, yes! :tmb:

I hate the fact that most people here have pretty much all the same views on everything. There's no variety.

Johnnay
15-10-09, 06:32

i only prefer Angelus's GIFS

but tbh youre right about this issue

Cochrane
15-10-09, 06:50
The basic structure of a forum is ill-suited for natural discussions: A thread sliding slowly off-topic is annoying to those who come in later, but forming a new thread on a certain topic makes it hard, if not impossible, to get all the context that had already been established.

ajrich17901
15-10-09, 07:06
One? hmm ill go with this haha

GIF's there annoying and just lag others computers not everyone has fast internet.

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 07:08
I like gif's when my internet is behaving, when its going slow (like usual, and like now) It means I end up skipping that page all together.

EscondeR
15-10-09, 07:13
Threads which have no other purpose than spread hatred and provide ground for fights... Comprendéis?

Anyway if letting it float, at least keep it civilized :mis:
My next post here will be the closing one otherwise...

Tyrannosaurus
15-10-09, 07:20
The thing I hate most about TRF is the fact that it will kick me off after I've been idle for a while, or spent a long time writing a lengthy post, forcing me to log in and either paste it (if I'd remembered to copy it) or type it again.

tonyme
15-10-09, 07:22
The thing I hate most about TRF is the fact that it will kick me off after I've been idle for a while, or spent a long time writing a lengthy post, forcing me to log in and either paste it (if I'd remembered to copy it) or type it again.

If you select 'Remember Me' this won't happen anymore. ;)

remote91
15-10-09, 07:40
Annoying winky faces..

and those who think they are mods.

iamlaracroft
15-10-09, 07:45
I hate:

misspellings
poor grammar
ridiculously bad english
people who take the time for each and every post to change their font and font color to stand out
self-appointed mods
mods with God complexes
mods who show blatant favoritism for certain members
mods who show blatant dislike for certain members
mods who never do any actual moderating--just post pics and smileys and ooey gooey "great!! :tmb:" posts
anyone who still says "teh"
camera whores who constantly post multiple myspace-angle pics daily/weekly in the Forum Member Pictures Thread, then tweak the contrast/brightness in a weak attempt to make their acne/acne scars seem less visible
posts that get deleted for unjustified reasons or for no reason at all while other posts that clearly violate T&C remain untouched
sore losers

patriots88888
15-10-09, 07:55
^ Wowza! That covers about 99.5% of the entire forum! :vlol:

We all can't be perfect! :p

viper456
15-10-09, 08:24
What do I hate? I hate stupid assed complainers who spend too much time complaining when they could be trying to crack a smile instead.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/viper456/emoticons/rightnl7.gif

patriots88888
15-10-09, 08:31
Oooh! That reminds me. Members with no sense of humor and those that can't take a joke. They can dish it out whenever, wherever, but when it comes to receiving, nopes can't do it! :rolleyes:

viper456
15-10-09, 08:39
Oooh! That reminds me. Members with no sense of humor and those that can't take a joke. They can dish it out whenever, wherever, but when it comes to receiving, nopes can't do it! :rolleyes:

omg yes! That annoys me in real life too! I love laughing, I laugh at least 10 times every day! (roughly:p lol)

Reggie
15-10-09, 09:57
When people gang up on a single member and flame them.

Core vs. Crystal debates or any derivative of that. Comparisons between new and old games are fine and can be constructive but when people can't balance out or compromise on any viewpoints it just makes the discussion worthless.

That's pretty much it. I'm quite tolerant compared to those who have posted massive lists in which case I wonder why they still even bother coming here.

Nenya awakens
15-10-09, 10:00
Posts like this.

+1
+2
+3

It's lazy.

And also people that use about 17 smiley's in a two sentence post.

Admles
15-10-09, 10:06
I also hate keyboard warriors. Those who are so tough because they are behind a keyboard and computer screen, yet wouldn't dare say a damn thing to you in real life.

This place isn't too bad for them though, but theres a few.

Dream_Raider
15-10-09, 10:22
I cannot stand reading through a long paragraph typed in chat lingo!!!!! While im at it, what is the point of 'teh'???? Its not like it makes the word any shorter....its just wrong spelling.

I do use 'kewl' or other chat lingo sometimes, i suppose, but i have NEVER been guilty of 'teh' unless it was a typo. Ever.

XBOXCroft
15-10-09, 10:27
When people just say offensive things without caring. And starting to do hates on threads even if they're not supposed to go there even if they know.

snork
15-10-09, 10:47
One thing I really hate, not that it is so much present at TRF, is noob-bashing at each and every occasion. You can almost see them hiding behind the bushes and waiting for someone to jump upon.

Also answers on the first page of any given topic that are nothing but complaining "This is going to be all wars and tears"
Gna-gna-gna-gna-gna. :mad:
Particularly annoying when previous answers were right on subject and all. It just provokes (well, tries to...) that very "all wars and tears" they maybe want. Just as any answer to that stupid comment will.

And it [many or big gifs] slows down my browser, locks it up sometimes :(
Gawd, I'm actually happy this does not happen for me only. even when I close the tab in question.

I really hate it when people asskiss Mods. it really ****es me off, cause, really? thats not getting you anywhere, shows poor character.

I see it ALOT with..one moderator, people always kissing there ass. so annoying. cause its so Obvious!
What can we do if they make only the sexiest ones moderators ? ;) Larsson will be the next one, I guess. :D

People going off-topic. Been seeing a lot of that in GC lately, it's starting to get on my nerves.
hehe, lately I have seen some nice ones of the "offtopic = actually a comment on the subject" kind. A little bit mean, but :jmp:

What I find more annoying than that is when you post in a topic that's been quiet for a few days, and then people ignore what you said and start replying to posts made before your reply which is what bumped the thread in the first place. :pi:
1) lool , sometimes it is so odd, that I actually like it. Me liking oddity.
2) :eek: so judd actually is vulnerable. *takes note* :mis:

MiCkiZ88
15-10-09, 10:56
Elitists, popular kids who believe they've achieved stardom just by being popular on the forum and who thus get all the attention for their art which always isn't the best, when someone who posts a masterpiece gets ignored just because he/she is not popular.

Kiss-Bite
15-10-09, 11:04
I could bet that most people have done most of the hates that have been mentioned here at least once in time spent online.;)

TR love
15-10-09, 11:15
People rambling on too much about the things that they hate. *considers rambling on about it to be annoying but decides against it*

Lara's home
15-10-09, 11:18
People who whine about their feelings. It makes me cringe, but I still can't stop reading it for some reason.. It's like watching soap. It's so bad it's good. :|

Jo269976
15-10-09, 11:49
...when a juicy grab-your-popcorn-and-watch-the-fur-fly drama thread gets closed just when things were getting interesting.

This.

January_Snow*
15-10-09, 12:06
People who are fighting and acting all dangerous, and if we meet in real life they wouldnt dare say a word...

*laralover*
15-10-09, 12:12
Hm nothing much TR forums is the best forum iv ever been on :hug: Ok maybe it does get annoying sometimes when people start ranting about things but hay everyones got to rant :p

Dennis's Mom
15-10-09, 12:21

I don't even try. It's like mumbling. Speak clearly if you want to be understood, otherwise I won't pay attention. It's rude to expect me to work to understand your post.

Here's to all those who want to be understood in their posts! Huzzah!

I also have issues with Backseat Moderating and Vague and Dangling Thread Titles.

I also don't understand why Mods don't merge duplicate threads instead of closing them. That way you don't lose posts.

Mr.Burns
15-10-09, 12:33
Anyone whom thinks that by ass kissing, they'll gain favoritism here, are just delluding themselves. :)

Phlip
15-10-09, 12:43
I also hate keyboard warriors. Those who are so tough because they are behind a keyboard and computer screen, yet wouldn't dare say a damn thing to you in real life.

This place isn't too bad for them though, but theres a few.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/League_of_Cantankerous_Misanthropes/InternetToughGuy.jpg

SilviaIsMyHero
15-10-09, 12:44
Well I hate when someone quotes post with pictures or videos in it and then simply write ''beautiful'' or ''nice'' below it. It's okay if you see just a link, but whole picture is simply annoying.

And now I shall share my opinion on what I concluded to be most hated things here:
Gifs are awesome. I'm sorry for those who don't have fast internet, but I pay my internet quite unfairly amount of money and I love gifs, so I expect that our regular gif-repliers keep the good work.

Grammar... ah... it's annoying when someone who speaks English as their native language absolutely fails at tenses or word order. Misspellings are tolerable because they can happen to anyone.
However, if someone is from some god-forsaken country like Croatia (har har) you can't expect him/her to have brilliant grammar. This is third year I study English as regular subject in school so I obviously make errors.

Further on: I do not find sucking up annoying. That is all I have to say since I have no valid points to support this. It's just my opinion. I never had problems with those people.

And last subject I care about: You hate it when someone has bad avatar? WTH? I can't believe what I'm reading.

P.S. someone mentioned that he/she would like to edit any mistakes they find in other person's post. Well be my guest. I have no problems with that. It would actually be helpful.

RockSteady101
15-10-09, 12:44
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ALL MEAN!?

http://**********************************/images/thumb/e/eb/Squaresmilie.gif/120px-Squaresmilie.gif

TR love
15-10-09, 12:45
When people talk in bold :p

Phlip
15-10-09, 12:51
Mods who are way too far up their own arses and close threads for no reason. I genuinely believe it's a hobby for a few of them.
Oh, and "laugh out out out out out out out out out loud." (looooooooooooool)

Phys
15-10-09, 12:52
Anyone whom thinks that by ass kissing, they'll gain favoritism here, are just delluding themselves. :)

That's so true.

Anyhow things I hate:

1. Threads that involve popularity between users. All it does is create drama and lots of 'Awwww no one's mentioned me.'
Example 1 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=159667)
Example 2 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=152218)
Oh and just as a note, I didn't realise Johnnay made both of them... o_O

2. Asskissing.

3. Asskissing to moderators.

4. GIFs.

5. People that actually think they have a 'status' and therefore have authority. No.

6. People that assume everyone loves them :rolleyes:

Alex Shepherd
15-10-09, 12:53
Not allowed to poll... :mad:

Tomb-Dude
15-10-09, 13:18
The one thing i majorly hate is meeting these fantastic people from here and knowing that it's not very likly i will meet most of them :(

Dina_Croft
15-10-09, 13:24
I hate that i can't swear...:whi:

I hate When someone tells me not to post gifs...It's my post and i'll do whatever the hell i want with it!!!

I hate when they make fun of Jared just to :cen: me off

I hate when some of my posts get deleted without even teling me...

violentblossom
15-10-09, 13:31
Elitists, popular kids who believe they've achieved stardom just by being popular on the forum and who thus get all the attention for their art which always isn't the best, when someone who posts a masterpiece gets ignored just because he/she is not popular.

^Yes! :tmb: Goodness, this has begun to **** me off lately. Thanks for having the nerve to say this. :o

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 13:41

That's a good point I forgot, actually. I've witnessed such situation more than once back in 2006 ~ 2007 when I was one of the administrators of a Photoshop board. I wasn't even the best one in there, but whenever I posted one of my works I got tons of replies, but when someone else better than me but not so "popular" posted a much better image they got only few replies. It was really sad, I was always trying to make new members feel better but I was the only one who could be bothered, so I got tired of that and quit.

Alex Shepherd
15-10-09, 13:41
Oh and also...
When I get messages from the mod and warning me after someone reported me just for fun :whi:

Ikas90
15-10-09, 14:08
When Mods think they're tough. :whi: Good thing that this forum is well non abundant of them. But some of the forums I've been to have mods that ban people for having an opinion.

Megalith
15-10-09, 14:12
2 things:
1)People that quote huge image heavy posts,just to type an emoticon or a small sentence.
2)People who continually use colored text or bigger fonds just to differentiate themselves from others.

Paddy
15-10-09, 14:13
2 things:
1)People that quote huge image heavy posts,just to type an emoticon or a small sentence.
2)People who continually use colored text or bigger fonds just to differentiate themselves from others.

Number 1 I agree with, people need to consider that some use dialup.

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 14:19

Eugh, I know! Your stuff is total trash, I totally dont know why you even post here! Youre like, OBSESSED WITH ME!

Full sarcasm intented. *kisses*

TR love
15-10-09, 14:19
I hate how everyone thinks im a guy!!!

Im not a guy!!!

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 14:25

Im not a guy!!!

Oh em gee then you totally need teh add a venus symbol to your location, its what all the cool kids do! :mad::ton:

RockSteady101
15-10-09, 14:29

Im not a guy!!!

Woah! Calm down!

This guy is really out of control!

http://**********************************/images/thumb/5/5e/Awesome_hurr_hurr.png/120px-Awesome_hurr_hurr.png

TR love
15-10-09, 14:39
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd329/Urz_4eva_1234/nothing_to_see_here_GTFO_plz_by_noc.jpg

You are going to wake up with no body hair whatsoever

Nannonxyay
15-10-09, 14:41
Things like this:

"Oh. I don't really like Gossip Girl."

"WHAT?! It's a brilliant show, you're stupid. How DARE you dislike something I like."

"Well in your opinion it's good but I just don't like it. I have nothing against people who do like it. It's just not my cup of tea."

"STFU. IT RULES. MY OPINION IS RIGHT."

Just using Gossip Girl as an example. :p I mean I could understand if someone got ticked off at them if they posted in a thread dedicated to Gossip Girl or some random thing because saying you don't like something in a fan thread is pointless and spammy, but when it's on a random thread and someone simply states that they don't like it then they get jumped on. I see this a lot with people who might say something like: "Oh I don't like Britney Spears." And then a million people replying with; "OMFG. STFU. BRITNEY IS AWESOME."

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 14:43
So it turns out little Miss Nannonxyay doesnt like Gossip Girl. Well we'll see how she feels about that when Im through with her. Look out.

Ex oh ex oh, Gossip Girl.

Nannonxyay
15-10-09, 14:45
So it turns out little Miss Nannonxyay doesnt like Gossip Girl. Well we'll see how she feels about that when Im through with her. Look out.

Lmao. I've never actually seen Gossip Girl so I don't know what it's like. From what I've seen I didn't really find very entertaining. Not really my cup of tea. I don't hate it though and can see why people like it. :ton:

Or where you being sarcastic? :vlol:

scoopy_loopy
15-10-09, 14:46
Yeah... sarcasm is key :p

Alex Shepherd
15-10-09, 14:50
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd329/Urz_4eva_1234/nothing_to_see_here_GTFO_plz_by_noc.jpg

You are going to wake up with no body hair whatsoever

:vlol: You're cuty little guy
I MMEEAAANNN GGIRRL :o :o

Raider Man

xXhayleyroxXx
15-10-09, 14:54
Things like this:

"Oh. I don't really like Gossip Girl."

"WHAT?! It's a brilliant show, you're stupid. How DARE you dislike something I like."

"Well in your opinion it's good but I just don't like it. I have nothing against people who do like it. It's just not my cup of tea."

"STFU. IT RULES. MY OPINION IS RIGHT."

Just using Gossip Girl as an example. :p I mean I could understand if someone got ticked off at them if they posted in a thread dedicated to Gossip Girl or some random thing because saying you don't like something in a fan thread is pointless and spammy, but when it's on a random thread and someone simply states that they don't like it then they get jumped on. I see this a lot with people who might say something like: "Oh I don't like Britney Spears." And then a million people replying with; "OMFG. STFU. BRITNEY IS AWESOME."

ditto! and then they use the waving bye emotican! it soo ticks me off

CuteKittenlol
15-10-09, 15:00
5. People that actually think they have a 'status' and therefore have authority. No.

You've no idea how much that really does annoy me. Seeing someone being like "That picture is too large, re-size it please :wve: (side-note, worst thing ever created is that smiley when its not used for Hi and Bye, its friggin' patronising)", like..no? Is it necessary to say it like a complete smart ass? 'Sup with just saying like a normal person x_x Mod's i get because its their job, but when a regular member does it it really does come across as smart ass-y

The popularity thing gets to me too. Looking in the Members Pictures thread is a classic example of that, if your not popular people ignore you *shrugs* Not that everyone has to compliment everyone of course, just an observation :p

violentblossom
15-10-09, 15:08
The popularity thing gets to me too. Looking in the Members Pictures thread is a classic example of that, if your not popular people ignore you *shrugs* Not that everyone has to compliment everyone of course, just an observation :p

Well, just so you know, I think the pictures you post are damn lovely. :hug:

CuteKittenlol
15-10-09, 15:09
Well, just so you know, I think the pictures you post are damn lovely. :hug:

Aha, thank you :hug: :)

Phys
15-10-09, 15:15
You've no idea how much that really does annoy me. Seeing someone being like "That picture is too large, re-size it please :wve: (side-note, worst thing ever created is that smiley when its not used for Hi and Bye, its friggin' patronising)", like..no? Is it necessary to say it like a complete smart ass? 'Sup with just saying like a normal person x_x Mod's i get because its their job, but when a regular member does it it really does come across as smart ass-y

Mhm I totally agree with you. really hate :wve: and ;) when they are used that way. So condescending.

Oh and that is also the reason why I stay away from the picture thread. The idea of it is great, but the way it is used ticks the boxes for everything that I hate. I only have a few posts in there because of that.

msalpha2omega
15-10-09, 15:19

Im not a guy!!!

Happened to me a lot, too! Avatar's charm, in your case!
That's why I put my gender under my avatar and started uploading pictures of myself!

I hate the fact that in this forum the smileys are so few.... I like smileys and use them very often in my daily life.....

Evan C.
15-10-09, 15:20
90% of people are absolutely false,no matter how lovely they seems to be.

TombRaiderLover
15-10-09, 15:22
Somebody once made a stupid homophobic comment to which I replied, "You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake" (or at least something to that effect.) I was quite proud of it, but it was soon deleted.

Spong
15-10-09, 15:24
90% of people are absolutely false,no matter how lovely they seems to be.

Which is another reason, on top of the ones stated by Phys and CuteKittenlol above, that I hate the TRF Members Pics thread. I never post in there because I'm too honest. It gets me into enough trouble as it is in other threads.

Phys
15-10-09, 15:30
Which is another reason, on top of the ones stated by Phys and CuteKittenlol above, that I hate the TRF Members Pics thread. I never post in there because I'm too honest. It gets me into enough trouble as it is in other threads.

Absolutely agreed again :tmb:

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:32

Kind of similar to this, but more specifically, when someone who isn't the Topic Creator posts:

"Could a mod please close this thread?"

Nannonxyay
15-10-09, 15:35

Agreed with this. I don't often visit the Fanart section, but I see that when someone new posts something which is fantastic they seem to be pushed out of the way by the more popular artists who've just updated a WIP because: "Wow. They've shaded Lara's hair and it looks AMAZING." Why can't you just update when you've finished each stage instead of little random parts? Like lineart-colour-shading. Bam. Done.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 15:37
Agreed with this. I don't often visit the Fanart section, but I see that when someone new posts something which is fantastic they seem to be pushed out of the way by the more popular artists who've just updated a WIP because: "Wow. They've shaded Lara's hair and it looks AMAZING." Why can't you just update when you've finished each stage instead of little random parts? Like lineart-colour-shading. Bam. Done.
Well, people who are "popular" have generally made more friends on the forum, so its natural that people would want to encourage and praise people they are particularly friendly with, over those that they rarely speak to.

Chocola teapot
15-10-09, 15:40
People who are too serious on the forums. Lighten up Please.

da tomb raider!
15-10-09, 15:50
General rudeness is on the top of my list, followed by inactivity and strong internet slang. I can live with them all, of course, but I'd rather not.

adventurerLara
15-10-09, 16:10
- Insignificant, short replies to a thread with absolutely no point to them.
- Over-using smilies.
- Ending every sentence with "LMAO" or "LOL".

And many more obvious ones.

TRhalloween
15-10-09, 16:27
1.When people complain about GIFs. Whateva! I do what I want!

2.(Not on this forum but another) Elitist metal heads.

3.Those long posts in the forum member picture thread that say:

"Wow! Looking great!

Is that your boyfriend? Anyway you both look amazing! :D

Nice shirt :) And looking great :tmb:"

:eek: Woah man, you meant "food"? Fud is something completely different in Scotland.

Edit: Anyway, so that's the one thing I hate about forums :p

Kiss-Bite
15-10-09, 16:36
Oh my god, people are bothered by the silliest things! It's quite sweet really.:D Not much really bothers me as I know we are all guilty of most or some of the things mentioned here at some point. I'm sure if we all traced back our message history we'll find, one word posts, quoting big images, over using this & over using that, on & on...:p

You're all guilty of these hates, because most of them are petty & not important & because we are all human here.:wve:

nickless
15-10-09, 16:40
certain people :whi:
but what really strikes me as odd(not to mention kinda annoying) is bumping a thread from 2-3 months ago.it must be on page 10 or 15 :eek: i rarely bother to even look at page 2 :vlol:

Quasimodo
15-10-09, 16:47
Not necessarily something I hate about forums, more of a pet peeve:

The Condescending Smiley Phenomenon.
:) = "Simple, isn't it?" "Now how do you like that?" "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."
;) = "I'm passing on a piece of wisdom to you, underling." "Oh how clever I am"
:wve: = most condescending smiley of all. "Dismissed." "Move along little boy/girl." "You been told. Shoo."
:rolleyes: = "Another CD basher. Big surprise." "What an idiot." "Isn't this obvious?"

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 16:51
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/sircroft/Untitled-1.gif

^ It's the evil!

patriots88888
15-10-09, 16:55

:) = "Simple, isn't it?" "Now how do you like that?" "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."
:wve: = most condescending smiley of all. "Dismissed." "Move along little boy/girl." "You been told. Shoo."
:rolleyes: = "Another CD basher. Big surprise." "What an idiot." "Isn't this obvious?"

:cool:
As I said before, they're just smileys/emoticons! Why do they get so many peeps all in a tither? Empowerment with the use of smileys? Now the secret's outta the bag! :p

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 16:59
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/sircroft/Untitled-1.gif

^ It's the evil!

The solution:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/65qvqb-1.gif
Credits to ThatNorskChick

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 17:00
The solution:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/65qvqb-1.gif
Credits to ThatNorskChick

:vlol: :vlol:
I love that girl :vlol:

remote91
15-10-09, 17:01

I love you for putting all of my feelings into this post when it comes to smileys.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 17:02
:cool:
As I said before, they're just smileys/emoticons! Why do they get so many peeps all in a tither? Empowerment with the use of smileys? Now the secret's outta the bag! :p

They might just be emoticons, but they represent the meaning of the entire post. From them its easy to extract a lot of information and meaning.

Encore
I think that the things that annoy me the most on forums are basically the bad personality traits that show through some people's posts. Things like gifs, locked threads, bad grammar, etc., I can put up with. But it really annoys me when people do things like insulting each other for no reason, gang up to attack a single member, behave in a blatantly fake and hypocritical (spelling?) way, feel important just because of their popularity, etc.

I also think that many times some people just can't be bothered to try and understand what their fellow members are saying. :(

I know what I'm saying here because sometimes I've been insulted and involved in flame wars (or just ignored, but that's less harmful) just because my posts aren't fully understood. Or even because these people don't know me and don't even want to know me, and quickly jump to assumptions and pass judgments on my personality, morality, intelligence and behaviour. I think this might be the worst thing about internet discussions. It's very difficult to communicate properly.

I agree with Kiss-Bite in that we all have had our moments of doing something bad ourselves. Personally I'm actively trying to stop posting pointless things in threads that don't interest me and patronising images like "facepalm". I see now that these things do nothing to contribute to the forum, even if sometimes they can be funny.

But most of all I wish people would realize that there's a human being on the other side of their monitor. Honestly, there are some places out there on the internet, much worst than TRF, where I feel appalled at how mean people can be.

patriots88888
I love you for putting all of my feelings into this post when it comes to smileys.

They might just be emoticons, but they represent the meaning of the entire post. From them its easy to extract a lot of information and meaning.

Wimps! :p

remote91
15-10-09, 17:04
:wve:
kidding

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 17:05

Child :rolleyes: :¬p

remote91
15-10-09, 17:06
You're funny :)

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 17:06
You know what I hate about the forums?

There is no youtube embedding button, it's annoying to type out the stupid [youtube] thing.:p

Yeah....but that's the only thing I can complain about aside from the smileys Quasi mentioned.

Antonio
15-10-09, 17:07
http://www.vegetarianfriends.net/img/yoda.jpg
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

:whi:

Keir_Eidos
15-10-09, 17:07
I hate it when people are horrible to n00bs.

It happens on every forum.

Everyone was a n00b once.

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 17:08

What are you on about? I've never been a n00b.Joke, obviously. =P

remote91
15-10-09, 17:10

Lmao, as if I only just saw this <3

patriots88888
15-10-09, 17:15

Hush it or else I'll sick my buds on you!

Behold their mighty power! :wve: ;) :) :ohn: :cln: :p

irjudd
15-10-09, 17:15
:rolleyes: Only nublets were noobs once.

Eddie Haskell
15-10-09, 17:21
Never mind

]{eith
15-10-09, 17:24
That you can't physically smack the stupidity out of some people.

Dina_Croft
15-10-09, 17:27

Exactly!This is a FORUM...You're supposed to have fun here...

1.When people complain about GIFs. Whateva! I do what I want!

Yeah it's not like there's a rule or something:whi:...If you don't like it then don't :cen:ing read my post!!:ton:

Reggie
15-10-09, 17:30
I think that the things that annoy me the most on forums are basically the bad personality traits that show through some people's posts. Things like gifs, locked threads, bad grammar, etc., I can put up with. But it really annoys me when people do things like insulting each other for no reason, gang up to attack a single member, behave in a blatantly fake and hypocritical (spelling?) way, feel important just because of their popularity, etc.

I also think that many times some people just can't be bothered to try and understand what their fellow members are saying. :(

I know what I'm saying here because sometimes I've been insulted and involved in flame wars (or just ignored, but that's less harmful) just because my posts aren't fully understood. Or even because these people don't know me and don't even want to know me, and quickly jump to assumptions and pass judgments on my personality, morality, intelligence and behaviour. I think this might be the worst thing about internet discussions. It's very difficult to communicate properly.

I actually decided to focus on this communication/cultural problem here at TRF for my coursework! So kudos to you for expressing that problem eloquently. :tmb:

The fact that its the internet, where you're limited to just the written word and a few smileys to help meaning along can be annoying when misunderstandings are easy enough as it is. The other side of it is that TRF can sometimes feel like TR MySpace where people have grouped together in certain cliques based upon interests that don't necessarily involve TR. I mean, you'd think that those people would want to get to know because you're a TR fan and at the end of the day, we all (I assume) joined here for the same reason: to share in our passion for the TR series. And yet people prefer to break themselves off into smaller groupings depending on a whole array sub-interests other than TR. If you only read the community section, its easy to forget that the people here are even TR fans sometimes. What this means unfortunately is that some people do get ignored or frozen out sometimes - not because it may be anything personal but because people are perhaps looking for like-minded others who are not just fans of the same game series but of other things as well. I guess the saying: Birds of a feather, flock together sums it up.

I agree with Kiss-Bite in that we all have had our moments of doing something bad ourselves. Personally I'm actively trying to stop posting pointless things in threads that don't interest me and patronising images like "facepalm". I see now that these things do nothing to contribute to the forum, even if sometimes they can be funny.

But most of all I wish people would realize that there's a human being on the other side of their monitor. Honestly, there are some places out there on the internet, much worst than TRF, where I feel appalled at how mean people can be.

Indeed. No ones perfect, this forum isn't perfect either but I wouldn't bother posting anywhere else. There's not many forums around that provide the kind of balance TRF does and while I've seen people complaining about the moderating team here (or perhaps 'buttkissing' of them), I think they do a really good job. The forum wouldn't be as good without them and I'd have a lot more to hate if they weren't as dedicated as they were. :tmb:

Obscure
15-10-09, 17:32
How hostile people are just because they're behind a monitor.

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 17:34
Never mind

When people delete good posts.

Im certainly not in your good books, but still...

Encore
15-10-09, 17:39
I actually decided to focus on this communication/cultural problem here at TRF for my coursework! So kudos to you for expressing that problem eloquently. :tmb:

The fact that its the internet, where you're limited to just the written word and a few smileys to help meaning along can be annoying when misunderstandings are easy enough as it is. The other side of it is that TRF can sometimes feel like TR MySpace where people have grouped together in certain cliques based upon interests that don't necessarily involve TR. I mean, you'd think that those people would want to get to know because you're a TR fan and at the end of the day, we all (I assume) joined here for the same reason: to share in our passion for the TR series. And yet people prefer to break themselves off into smaller groupings depending on a whole array sub-interests other than TR. If you only read the community section, its easy to forget that the people here are even TR fans sometimes. What this means unfortunately is that some people do get ignored or frozen out sometimes - not because it may be anything personal but because people are perhaps looking for like-minded others who are not just fans of the same game series but of other things as well. I guess the saying: Birds of a feather, flock together sums it up.

Indeed. No ones perfect, this forum isn't perfect either but I wouldn't bother posting anywhere else. There's not many forums around that provide the kind of balance TRF does and while I've seen people complaining about the moderating team here (or perhaps 'buttkissing' of them), I think they do a really good job. The forum wouldn't be as good without them and I'd have a lot more to hate if they weren't as dedicated as they were. :tmb:

I agree with the last paragraph entirely, I mean, I been to a lot of places on the web over the years and I never spent more than maybe a couple of weeks on them (except DA and only because it's a hosting site). There's a reason why I stick to TRF and it's not just because of all these years playing TR, it's also because I think it's worth the time spent here. There's a lot of incredibly smart people here which is surprising on the internet these days!

About the rest of your post, that's quite understandable really... In any big community that's bound to happen though it's true that in a place so "specific" as a TR forum it would be expected that people should be friendlier to each other than what they often show. :/

Catapharact
15-10-09, 18:21

But Keir, think of it as an innitiation process. All of us former noobs went through it and we all in one way or another proved worthy ;). Its a common theme with any given community really.

Reggie
15-10-09, 18:30
I agree with the last paragraph entirely, I mean, I been to a lot of places on the web over the years and I never spent more than maybe a couple of weeks on them (except DA and only because it's a hosting site). There's a reason why I stick to TRF and it's not just because of all these years playing TR, it's also because I think it's worth the time spent here. There's a lot of incredibly smart people here which is surprising on the internet these days!

About the rest of your post, that's quite understandable really... In any big community that's bound to happen though it's true that in a place so "specific" as a TR forum it would be expected that people should be friendlier to each other than what they often show. :/

Same for me as well as it happens. DA and TRF. I have a Youtube account but the community of that site is just appauling - that's one community that deserves a good list of dislikable points given to it. I can think of nothing better than coming on here for a few hours to wind down after a long day and taking part. :)

Super Badnik
15-10-09, 18:33

Everyone was a n00b once.+1

Mad Tony
15-10-09, 18:34
Same for me as well as it happens. DA and TRF. I have a Youtube account but the community of that site is just appauling - that's one community that deserves a good list of dislikable points given to it. I can think of nothing better than coming on here for a few hours to wind down after a long day and taking part. :)Oh yeah, I completely agree.

jackles
15-10-09, 18:47
Even if people are percieved as ass kissing...it makes no difference in the long run. There is no immunity from being modded even as a mod.

Hate...I don't hate anything or anyone regarding the forums....it is an useless emotion.

Lavinder
15-10-09, 19:09
Child friendly forums - I dislike censorship ...

igonge
15-10-09, 19:10
Trolling or whatever it's called. :p

Quasimodo
15-10-09, 19:35
Posts like this.

+1
+2
+3

It's lazy.

And also people that use about 17 smiley's in a two sentence post.

+1
*glare*

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 19:37
*glare*

+1 LMAO I had to, sorry. =P

LaraCroftRox
15-10-09, 20:55
Haha, I'm sure Justin's kinda scared about this thread. :D
I don't hate much about forums, maybe when some spammer coms along, but then it's kinda fun until the thread gets closed. :p

GameGlitcher77
15-10-09, 21:05
The only thing that bugs me besides when it takes forever for someone to answer a private/vistor message is when Open Chat is dead:hea:

Other than that not that much else:D ...well for now anyway...:pi:

andromeda_eats
15-10-09, 21:12
I hate not enough drama.

Srsly, I hated it when this forum was overrun with 14 yo a few years ago and every single thread was

"LIEK OMG OMG WDYT LARA EATZ 4 BREKFASTT???"""

Minty Mouth
15-10-09, 21:18
Another one

When people post a mini signature (usually just their name) with every post. eg.

LOL! That was awesome

Minty

iamlaracroft
15-10-09, 23:16
^ oh yeah. That's totally annoying. It's right up there with the self-important font and font color change for every single post. To me that just screams "oh god! If I don't make my post stand out with color and a different font, how will anyone know to read it?!??"

Uzi master
15-10-09, 23:19
nothing at all!:D

January Snow...:p

Forwen
15-10-09, 23:54
Oh my god, people are bothered by the silliest things! It's quite sweet really.:D Not much really bothers me as I know we are all guilty of most or some of the things mentioned here at some point. I'm sure if we all traced back our message history we'll find, one word posts, quoting big images, over using this & over using that, on & on...:p

You're all guilty of these hates, because most of them are petty & not important & because we are all human here.:wve:

Geez, when adrenaline is about to start running high and you feel you're on a roll some very nice and honest guy shows up and puts you to shame before you even warm up.

Kiss Bite, you're such a drama breaker :rolleyes:

oocladableeblah
15-10-09, 23:55
I hate when someone asks a question and people go off about how stupid the person is or how dumb the question is. Seriously, how about you answer the question and not just call the person stupid.

viper456
16-10-09, 00:29
^ oh yeah. That's totally annoying. It's right up there with the self-important font and font color change for every single post. To me that just screams "oh god! If I don't make my post stand out with color and a different font, how will anyone know to read it?!??"

You do realise that all you have to do is press a button/shortcut thats along the top of the browser page to change the font and colour in one go right? Its javascript. It takes literally 1 extra second. Its perference.

This thread is complete bull ****. Its just an excuse for people to jump on their high horses and take snide little snipes at other members. Wooo.

EmeraldFields
16-10-09, 00:30
You do realise that all you have to do is press a button/shortcut thats along the top of the browser page to change the font and colour in one go right? Its javascript. It takes literally 1 extra second. Its perference.

This thread is complete bull ****. Its just an excuse for people to jump on their high horses and take snide little snipes at other members. Wooo.

Wait what?

How do you get it to work?:D

Quasimodo
16-10-09, 02:25
Wait what?

How do you get it to work?:D

I've wondered about this also.

elizard_9594
16-10-09, 02:47
i hate not being able to see if people have replied to one of ur posts or quoted you. like i think we should get a message if one of those things happens.

i also hate excessive speaking in text speak. its annoying.

ihatecold17
16-10-09, 03:35
I hate when I post in a thread and it either dies, or it continues and my post gets idly ignored. I hate this, especially if it is a long winded post.

I hate how people tend to think they are awesome because they are behind a keyboard

and really...unnecessary threads. ie. Lets see how many people BLAH BLAH, or the forum classic, Who here is gay? (they come up like...monthly.) Any that happen too often. generally i hate Get rid of BLAHHHH threads, and just things like that

Sgt BOMBULOUS
16-10-09, 03:35
Not being able to body-slam people. :tea:

Paddy
16-10-09, 03:42
People who post +1 as a post, wtf, classic spam :p if you agree with their post at least not be a lazy **** and say I agree.

Larson_1988
16-10-09, 03:58
People who post +1 as a post, wtf, classic spam :p if you agree with their post at least not be a lazy **** and say I agree.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the ones who quotes a post and just write "This". That's one of my biggest annoyances on here.

Immortalis08
16-10-09, 04:03
The fact that Gifs are allowed are really the only annoyances I have here.

Sir Croft
16-10-09, 04:17
With forums I hate seeing a ton of game threads being put up, it IMO is nothing but spam.

Some game threads are cool, but character elimination games are quite pointless.

Johnnay
16-10-09, 04:18

you are correct indeed Paddy:)

i hate seeing these elimination threads particularly. arrrgh.

definitely fair dinkum here. get rid of all the game threads here:D

Spong
16-10-09, 04:52

+1 :tmb:

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the ones who quotes a post and just write "This". That's one of my biggest annoyances on here.

^^This.

And that's about as funny as I can be bothered to get at 5:52am.

GameGlitcher77
16-10-09, 04:56

^^This.

Really it's only 1:00 a.m. over here on the U.S. East Coast:D

^^^Absolutely hilarious:vlol:, except that I have the hiccups again from laughing at that:mad::D:p

Paddy
16-10-09, 05:00

^^This.

Only because you just want a rise out of me do I find that humerous :p

Spong
16-10-09, 05:00
Really it's only 1:00 a.m. over here on the U.S. East Coast:D

Well, that's what happens when you live in a country that didn't invent time; you get it wrong ;)

Once again, am I really that predictable?

GameGlitcher77
16-10-09, 05:04
It was just funny in general:D:vlol:

@Spong I meant it was 12:56 a.m. but now it's past 1 so it's irrevalant >_____>

Paddy
16-10-09, 06:13
Well, that's what happens when you live in a country that didn't invent time; you get it wrong ;)

Once again, am I really that predictable?

Yeah you are and so are the others who are trying to get a rise out of me :D

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 06:46
Ok that +1 thing is just getting old now.

Paddy
16-10-09, 06:48
Theyre just trying to get me annoyed lol, shows the true maturity in this forum at times.

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 06:52
It's not really that annoy is it? Just... sad. :p

TR love
16-10-09, 09:00
I hate not enough drama.

Srsly, I hated it when this forum was overrun with 14 yo a few years ago and every single thread was

"LIEK OMG OMG WDYT LARA EATZ 4 BREKFASTT???"""

*shudders* Ew 14 year olds...Oh wait...im 14

Dina_Croft
16-10-09, 10:32
The fact that Gifs are allowed are really the only annoyances I have here.

Gifs are images you know...If gifs shouldn't be allowed then jpg,bmp etc. shouldn't be either...

If they make a rule about it..Then all the gif-users in the forum we will fight:mis::mis:

Los Angeles
16-10-09, 10:34
Wow, this thread only exists since yesterday and it already has 22 pages!

That's what I hate!

ajrich17901
16-10-09, 10:37
Another thing I just thought of, I hate when people are bashed for there OPINION, people try to get them to change there opinion to theirs, its annoying.

Paddy
16-10-09, 10:37
Gifs are images you know...If gifs shouldn't be allowed then jpg,bmp etc. shouldn't be either...

If they make a rule about it..Then all the gif-users in the forum we will fight:mis::mis:

Nothing wrong with certain gifs but some people overuse them, also is annoying when its used to laugh at or make someone else look an idiot.
Another thing I just thought of, I hate when people are bashed for there OPINION, people try to get them to change there opinion to theirs, its annoying.

Tell me about it, its happened to me a few times.

Minty Mouth
16-10-09, 10:39

Isnt that one of the main reasons for having a discussion in the first place? IMO its when opinions aren't respected that it the annoyance, not when they are challenged.

Dina_Croft
16-10-09, 10:44
Nothing wrong with certain gifs but some people overuse them, also is annoying when its used to laugh at or make someone else look an idiot.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/1zzypz.gif

Lies:ton:

ajrich17901
16-10-09, 10:54
Isnt that one of the main reasons for having a discussion in the first place? IMO its when opinions aren't respected that it the annoyance, not when they are challenged.

I guess what I mean is when they arent respected then, it happens all the time people bash other people for there opinions its annoying.

Minty Mouth
16-10-09, 11:12
I guess what I mean is when they arent respected then, it happens all the time people bash other people for there opinions its annoying.

Yes, you're right :p It does happen. and it is annoying.

violentblossom
16-10-09, 14:21

I hate that this forum has hawt people like Tom over here, who's so good looking, he hurts my eyes. :ohn:

:D

Reggie
16-10-09, 14:31

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. We all have things we love or hate about something we care about - in this case, TRF. So why shouldn't people be able to air their given viewpoint? Everyone here has been 'guilty' of something someone here has mentioned but if they want to call it out and get it off their chest then why not? I haven't noticed anything personal going on here.

tombofwinston
16-10-09, 14:33
Smart people that act like they know everything :rolleyes: .
The problem is, They Do :p .

Keir_Eidos
16-10-09, 14:39
But Keir, think of it as an innitiation process. All of us former noobs went through it and we all in one way or another proved worthy ;). Its a common theme with any given community really.

There is that, and I guess you've got to sort the wheat from the chaff to so speak - but on countless occassions I see people being harsh to new posters just because they can, when it takes no more effort to be polite.

It shows a petty mindset and it makes me think those people are lacking something in their real world lives so they make up for it by being aggressive and rude (and thirsting for control/authority) online.

It's the main thing I dislike about people's behaviour online.

Afonya
16-10-09, 14:48
That I have to wait 60 seconds if I'm looking for updated pages (I'm impatient :D)

touchthesky
16-10-09, 15:20
It's kinda annoying when you spend ages posting something then the nxt ten folk just reply to the person above you who said "lol" or ":)"

CerebralAssassin
16-10-09, 15:29
-spelling nazi's
-grammar nazi's (this ain't no english class...it's a FORUM!!!)
-mod nazi's
-lame-ass **************
-suck-ups
-whiners

amen to that!!:tmb:

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:33
-spelling nazi's
-grammar nazi's (this ain't no english class...it's a FORUM!!!)
-mod nazi's
-lame-ass **************
-suck-ups
-whiners

amen to that!!:tmb:

Says the guy using proper punctuation in this entire post :pJokes dude

CerebralAssassin
16-10-09, 15:35
Says the guy using proper punctuation in this entire post :pJokes dude

I see what you did there....:p

SamReeves
16-10-09, 15:40

Maybe we need to start saying "minus one?" :p

xx_Hunt_xx
16-10-09, 15:45
People who sign there name off at the end of the post, frustrates me alot.

The overuse of GIF's sometimes they can be funny, but when there used in every post someone posts and there not even funny. Its pointless.

People who feel the need to go into a thread and bash it, seriously if you got nothing intresting to add, then dont. I get that not everyone has the same opoinon, but when someone posts something they like and it gets bashed to hell. Why? Just look at the thread see its not for you, and leave.

People who feel the need to correct the littlest things, or over read things someone has said.

violentblossom
16-10-09, 15:46

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:46

The results would be hilarious :vlol:

Quasimodo
16-10-09, 15:47
+1, -1 debates, the wave of the future?

violentblossom
16-10-09, 15:47
The results would be hilarious :vlol:

-1. :mad:

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:49
-1. :mad:

Good :p

Spong
16-10-09, 15:50
So it's decided then, all discussions on the forum from now on will be carried out using mathematical symbols and equations?

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:50
Find it strange that almost every serious topic like a kid was missing somehow turns into a thread for laughs.

Quasimodo
16-10-09, 15:52
Find it strange that almost every serious topic like a kid was missing somehow turns into a thread for laughs.

I blame irjudd :mad:

violentblossom
16-10-09, 15:53
so it's decided then, all discussions on the forum from now on will be carried out using mathematical symbols and equations?

5-6= ?

Johnnay
16-10-09, 15:53
+1, -1 debates, the wave of the future?

For that post

-1346779856899:mad:

oh man. I also hate stuck up ppl here too. Just simply go and jump in the lake:)

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:54
For that post

-1346779856899:mad:

oh man. I also hate stuck up ppl here too. Just simply go and jump in the lake:)

I prefer the saying jump the bridge :D
I only say that to people who either have ticked me off or I just cant stand them lol

I blame irjudd :mad:
I blame society.

tampi
16-10-09, 16:18
I "hate" being here for over three years and feel myself as a stranger.

ah!!!!, and I hate to Catapharact too :ton::tea::D

EscondeR
16-10-09, 16:27
Well, don't say it wasn't close during last several pages...

Now when atmosphere and phrases of Z-class russian forums is here, the thread deviated even from it's "share your hate" purpose.