PDA

View Full Version : The things you LOVE about the forums.

Carbonek_0051
15-10-09, 17:51
To be honest, I feel like there is too much hate going around at the moment so please indulge me.

What do you love about the forums?

If a mod finds this thread pointless, by all means feel free to close it. I just wanted to do something positive.

]{eith
15-10-09, 17:53
I'm up for a little positivity.

I love that you can have conversations with interesting people who share your interests, regardless of where in the world they are. :)

Paperdoll
15-10-09, 17:55
Nothing (:

Oh ok, everyone knows I`m lying :pi:

tomblover
If a mod finds this thread pointless, by all means feel free to close it. I just wanted to do something positive.

So ironic... xD!

Uh, talking to people and making tinternetz friendz, I guess.

xXhayleyroxXx
{eith;4097010']I'm up for a little positivity.

I love that you can have conversations with interesting people who share your interests, regardless of where in the world they are. :)

seconded :) and finding out new things!

Quasimodo
What I love about forums is finding something there that makes me laugh after a rough day. We've got a lot of real crack-ups here:)

WCookie
{eith;4097010']I'm up for a little positivity.

This. :D

Except for pedophiles :pi:

Phys
15-10-09, 17:56
That is it my only place to talk about anything Tomb Raider related! Practically all my friends hate Tomb Raider yet they have no reason...

SilviaIsMyHero
15-10-09, 17:56
YAY! A love thread! Finally something to brighten up day.
Well I love it because I found some cool people who here with whom I have something in common.
Oh! And I love it because there is whole loads of interesting news threads about stuff I wouldn't know about otherwise.
And I should not forget to mention humor!¨There are some pretty funny posts and threads around here.

violentblossom
15-10-09, 17:58
I love that this is a place where many cool and sociable and admirable people that I like can hang out and let loose.

I also enjoy a good debate, and I like learning about all kinds of things from people of many different cultures and backgrounds.

]{eith
15-10-09, 17:59

:vlol:

nickless
15-10-09, 17:59
i acually had to think hard to find things i dislike (apart from certain people that is)
this place is great! :D

violentblossom
15-10-09, 18:00

Unless you, too, are super interested about the things in your own pants, I'm pretty sure we can cross that out. :pi:

msalpha2omega
15-10-09, 18:01
I thought I was reading wrong the other thread's title!!!!! :D

Anyways, I like the fact that I meet people from all over the world who share my love for TR and Lara......

Reggie
15-10-09, 18:03
I love that this is a place where many cool and sociable and admirable people that I like can hang out and let loose.

I also enjoy a good debate, and I like learning about all kinds of things from people of many different cultures and backgrounds.
That's what I love about coming here as well. Couldn't have said it better. :tmb:

Eddie Haskell
15-10-09, 18:04
That's easy, education. I learn something new all the time in here, and sometimes from the most unlikely sources. The forum is a veritable stew of all ages, personalities, experiences, occupations, knowledge and expertize on a vast array of subjects. But particularly to me it's the TR knowledge and general gaming expertize that many possess that not only drew me here originally, but retains my interest.

And the moderators are all damn good, although in many instances they are not tough enough in my opinion. But overall they maintain a pleasant atmosphere that inspires fine conversation without the usual forum BS that permeates the internet.

Sir Croft
15-10-09, 18:05
I don't know, I love this place for many, many reasons and I can't think of all of them.

Marianna12
15-10-09, 18:29
The main reason I LOVE this place is because I have made SO MANY great friends from different countries, and I talk with them almost every day! Sometimes I prefer talking to them than my real life friends! I have certainly learnt a lot here and I can say my opinion without being scared that someone is going to make fun of me:)
Also I can talk about TR, which I can't do in real life because all of my friends hate it!:p

msalpha2omega
15-10-09, 18:34
Also I can talk about TR, which I can't do in real life because all of my friends hate it!:p

I know how you feel.... Most of my friends make fun of me for playing TR! Little they know!

rowanlim
15-10-09, 18:36
I love talking to people from other parts of the world & exchanging opinions...not to mention yakking about TR without being scoffed at :D

patriots88888
15-10-09, 18:41
Well thought out and thought provoking threads and posts. About 90% of the members here are :cool: and are what I consider good contributors to the forum so that's a big :tmb:!

I think the biggest problem with the forum (because that's what this and the contrasting HATE thread are really on about) is that it at least appears to be that too many members are afraid to ever disagree with someone they are buds with, at least not in the public eye. Some members here have mentioned 'kissing up' to mods, but it's even more prevelant amongst buds. I honestly can say I've never seen so many friends always in agreement with one another. It's almost bizzare to me. It leads me to believe that they feel that if they ever show any disagreement to one another, they fear it might end the relationship. Is there a secret pact I don't know about? LOL.

How could a simple disagreement between friends possibly cause a relationship to end if they are in fact good friends? It can't or at least it shouldn't IMO! Just seems like it's more about always patting one another on the back than giving honest, caring input (even if it means disagreeing), most of the time anyways. Sorry about the rant and don't have any intentions of sounding so harsh, but it's how I honestly feel about it.

jackles
15-10-09, 18:50
The thing which attracted me to this forum was the fact it felt 'cleaner' than some of the other forums I had been on. There was a warmth that is sometimes lacking elsewhere. So I guess I love the vibe this place gives off and the fact that there are some really nice people here.

drakl0r
15-10-09, 18:58
The thing which attracted me to this forum was the fact it felt 'cleaner' than some of the other forums I had been on. There was a warmth that is sometimes lacking elsewhere. So I guess I love the vibe this place gives off and the fact that there are some really nice people here.

This :tmb:

Some forums are a bit harsh and not very welcoming for newcomers :o

Phlip
15-10-09, 19:03
It provides me with entertainment and I'm allowed to say I hate certain things. *cougheidoscoughforumscough*
Plus it's up to date with the latest news, and there'll always be people who agree with me. :hug:

Mad Tony
15-10-09, 19:06
A very nice community compared to other forums. Most online forums pretty much have anti-Americanism, anti-Christianity and anti-Conservatism built in as standard. TRF doesn't really have that (well, except perhaps the Conservative part :whi:). :p

Saphyre
15-10-09, 19:15
Its a great way to meet people from different backgrounds and areas. I also feel its easier to talk and make friends on this forums.

igonge
15-10-09, 19:27
That they are sometimes a friendly community, almost like a family (the nice people at least) :p

Encore
15-10-09, 20:35
The thing I love the most (oh, besides it being very active which is great!) is that there are some great people here, intelligent and educated. This is not something easy to find around the internet. I like that all these diferent people can share their thoughts, interests and life experiences without a whole lot of pointless spam and other stupid internet habits.

Also, you can have all sorts of threads here, from the silliest to the funniest to the more serious to the shockingly depressing. :p Most of the time when we join a forum about something it's hard to find people educated in other things diferent than the forum's theme.

A very nice community compared to other forums. Most online forums pretty much have anti-Americanism, anti-Christianity and anti-Conservatism built in as standard. TRF doesn't really have that (well, except perhaps the Conservative part :whi:). :p

Is this really the reason why you like it here? I'm absolutely certain that you could find a forum for your political ideals somewhere around the internet if you looked around.

I honestly can say I've never seen so many friends always in agreement with one another. It's almost bizzare to me. It leads me to believe that they feel that if they ever show any disagreement to one another, they fear it might end the relationship. Is there a secret pact I don't know about? LOL.

That's a very interesting observation... It's quite true actually. On the internet disagreement is often seen as an attack. Don't know why.

Mad Tony
15-10-09, 20:36
Is this really the reason why you like it here? I'm absolutely certain that you could find a forum for your political ideals somewhere around the internet if you looked around.Yeah, honestly. This is what I mean about TRF being a friendly community. There aren't really the prejudices you find on other forums.

Encore
15-10-09, 20:44
Oh, I understand. I just asked because it's not a politically themed place so it's strange to name that as the main reason. But yes, there's not a lot of prejudice here which is good.

MiCkiZ88
15-10-09, 20:45
It's true that the forums are rather nice compared to most other discussion forums out there. Most people here seem to accept everyone for who they are, be they of different sexuality, religion or culture than themselves.

And for that I love being able to be who I am. In real life I am somewhat different to my online persona as I am way more open here. Perhaps a bit too open at times :whi:

Unfortunately due to not being active here or on msn for ages I've lost quite a few friends and don't know what happened to them. Some left, some stayed and some just plain keep ignoring :p

Reggie
15-10-09, 20:47
Sending this as a PM so nevermind. :)

andromeda_eats
15-10-09, 21:13
the drama.

Chocola teapot
15-10-09, 21:46
I agree. The drama is very intense.

hera7days
15-10-09, 21:50
Entertainment - Debate threads, screenshot competitions, an entire section for trle... It's pretty much impossible to be bored here.

Post quality - While the spelling/grammar here is by no means perfect (including my own) I have rarely come across a post that was completely unreadable, and that's good enough for me.

Mods - We've got some great mods here. You guys are strict enough that the place doesn't fall into chaos, but lenient enough that it's not like walking on eggshells.

Diversity - We've got people here from all walks of life, representing differing views on religion, politics, musical tastes, Lara's hairstyle, and the list goes on. It makes the forum very interesting and enlightening.

Organization - The forum is set up in such a way that it is usually pretty easy to find what I want.

andromeda_eats
15-10-09, 21:53
I agree. The drama is very intense.

the forum is tl;dr for a lurker, break the drama down for me in 20 words or less plz

Chocola teapot
15-10-09, 22:01
You are a very analytical person aren't you.

From Nit-Picking to Full on flame wars, Tomb Raider forums has plenty of controversial topics From religion to sexuality served with helpings of Drama, mostly found in the General Chat threads. Although, this drama can easily be found during a New TR games release or other events such as Eric Lindstoms Q and A's. The Occasional Troll will stir up some drama, though the Mods are soon to ride in like vallant knights of justice and Snuff out the wrong dooers.

Cloe Christina
15-10-09, 22:05
the people .... i know when i am feeling angry or upset, if i come on here i will soon be cheered up ....

Alex Shepherd
16-10-09, 00:27
I met so many special friends here and that's what I like it.
It's my other home but no privacy :whi:
Yuh! Home with no privacy :whi:

Raider Man

Squibbly
16-10-09, 00:31
Entertainment - Debate threads, screenshot competitions, an entire section for trle... It's pretty much impossible to be bored here.

Post quality - While the spelling/grammar here is by no means perfect (including my own) I have rarely come across a post that was completely unreadable, and that's good enough for me.

Mods - We've got some great mods here. You guys are strict enough that the place doesn't fall into chaos, but lenient enough that it's not like walking on eggshells.

Diversity - We've got people here from all walks of life, representing differing views on religion, politics, musical tastes, Lara's hairstyle, and the list goes on. It makes the forum very interesting and enlightening.

Organization - The forum is set up in such a way that it is usually pretty easy to find what I want.

:vlol:

But yes, good post. Same things for me. :)

The community here is great, too.

miss.haggard
16-10-09, 00:54
Id imagine this is just me, but after moving I havent really made any friends my age, so its nice to come onto here and talk to people that arent my husband or co-workers :hug:

pekirock
16-10-09, 01:15
That is it my only place to talk about anything Tomb Raider related! Practically all my friends hate Tomb Raider yet they have no reason...

THAT is creapy, same here:D

oocladableeblah
16-10-09, 01:36
The diversity of people, there are people from all around the world here and I like that, have gotten to meet a lot of people and have become friends with quite a few too :D

The community here is great, people allow you to be yourself here. The mods are good at their job and aren't super strict like some other forums are. Even though some games are really pointless, they are allowed here which is cool :)

I learn a lot here, especially on news lol I actually learn most of my news from here since I don't really go on msnbc or other similar sites.

The forum is very organized and clean looking, some forums are just hard to read and are just really unorganized.

Immortalis08
16-10-09, 01:38
It is a large community with a people that have wide ranges of interests. These forums have become bigger than just Tomb Raider. Instead to me its like a hub of information and I do like hearing others opinions. There is always something to talk about.

TRULuverzz
16-10-09, 15:43
i love how the forum feels more like a hang-out area to me and not some boring website full of pointless stuff :D

Paddy
16-10-09, 15:44
Good group of people here, to chat about games, music, all sorts of crap that I either like or detest :p

disneyprincess20
16-10-09, 15:45
I love my friends, who are very patient with me and don't mind that I rarely talk on here for extended periods of time :)

Johnnay
16-10-09, 15:50
What I love about this forum is that it gives me OCD

nuff said

xx_Hunt_xx
16-10-09, 15:54
Theres some pretty intresting people on here.

tampi
16-10-09, 16:24
"thanks for logging in, tampi", "365 days, 24 hours open " :cln::D:hug:
and "the creative things":)

Larapink
16-10-09, 16:25
Get to talk about random things and not just Tomb Raider. :D

Your_Envy*
16-10-09, 17:45
Friends. <3
Fun.
Talking.
Sharing opinions.

Hanna! <3 :hug:

Lara Croft!
16-10-09, 18:12
Learning new and interesting things about TR but about the world in general.
Practicing my English daily (+typing).
Socializing with people from all around the globe.

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 18:18
You, Nate.

violentblossom
16-10-09, 18:26
You, Nate.

Ditto that.

seashell093
16-10-09, 19:21
{eith;4097010']

:) and the quick replies if you need something... there is always someone online :D

Dina_Croft
16-10-09, 19:46
My beloved Nemesis:pi:

Um yeah i like that there are some very interesting people here to talk to...
I also like that you always get compliments even if you're like the ugliest person on earth:p

Encore
16-10-09, 19:48
I also like that you always get compliments even if you're like the ugliest person on earth:p

:vlol: That's true.. I'm not sure if it's a good thing though. :whi:

Chocola teapot
16-10-09, 19:49
The timeless Cliche.

MiCkiZ88
16-10-09, 19:50
Well if we're putting friends and persons in to 'things' we love, then it would have to be my lovely boyfriend who I met a year and a half ago from these forums. :hug:

Dina_Croft
16-10-09, 20:24
:vlol: That's true.. I'm not sure if it's a good thing though. :whi:

Yeah:whi:...

I remember only 1 time that this findme guy posted something about nannonxyay...

After my μπιτς-slap he STFU...:ton:

Carbonek_0051
16-10-09, 20:29
You, Nate.

Ditto that.

Awww, you guys made my day.:o:hug:

Well the things I love about TRF are my wonderful friends (which includes you two:p), the fact I can talk to people about TR when I can't do so with the people I hang out with here, the debates, meeting new people who have the same interests, learning new things, and how sometimes it feels like I have a home outside of my real home.

And I love my show Project Carbonek, which wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful people who come to it and support me. For that I thank you guys, and I promise new shows will come soon.:)

Johnnay
16-10-09, 21:44
what i love about this forum is MattTR's sense here:D

and of Course Project Carbonek. Nate i like your voice. has a good American touch to it:)

Dustie
16-10-09, 21:57
You can go on it when you're bored...

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 22:04
I love it that there are some few nice people here and amazing 3D Productions and extracts, other than that I'm sorry to say that most people enter threads only to share hateful comments and rarely get to the point of the thread, they simply just comment about your font color or size ...etc. or just keep arguing when you post certain news for the good of the forum, or create many useless threads, and what's makes me even more sad is that those useless threads are kept while only repeated threads or posts or members with double posts are banned while other people who share stupid theories are kept in the name of freedom of opinions ... not forgetting many people who got famous lately started to become too selfish to even say thank you for a good comment written to them which makes the writer regrets saying thank you ...