PDA

View Full Version : 6-Year-Old boy missing after floating away in balloon

KC Mraz
15-10-09, 20:05
A 6-year-old boy is missing after floating over northeastern Colorado in a homebuilt balloon and touched down about 2 hours after lifting off.

The balloon touched down about 2 miles east of Prospect Reservoir at 1:35 p.m., but the boy was not inside.

The balloon, in the shape of a flying saucer was covered in foil and filled with helium. It has a compartment for a passenger underneath. It lifted the boy into the air near Fort Collins Thursday morning after the balloon became unhooked at the boy's home.

"We were sitting eating, out looking where they normally shoot off hot air balloons. My husband said he saw something. It went over our rooftop. Then we saw the big round balloonish thing, it was spinning," said neighbor Lisa Eklund.

The father and son had apparently been working on the aircraft for some time." This sort of thing is normal for them," the neighbor told reporters who were gathered outside the Heene home in Fort Collins. Airtracker 7 located the craft at 12:35 p.m. at about 8,000 feet in Weld County. It appeared to be slightly tilted.

"The structure at the bottom of the balloon that the boy is in is made of extremely thin plywood and won't withstand any kind of a crash at all," said Erik Nilsson, Larimer County Emergency Manager.

This was never meant to carry anybody," said Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campbell.The neighbor identified the boy in the balloon as Falcon Heene.

Larimer County fire dispatchers asked if Airtracker 7 could use an outside speaker to ask the boy if he has a valve to release helium."

Is there a way to release some of the helium that this kid may know?" the dispatcher asked. "Maybe we can get him to lower it. "FAA spokesman Mike Fergus said the agency has been notified and it was unclear whether traffic controllers had picked it up on radar.

7News confirmed the boy is the son of Richard and Mayumi Heene appeared on an episode of ABC's "Wife Swap."

Richard Heene has been described by friends as a sort of "mad scientist." He is a storm chaser and has a Web site, call The Psyience Detectives, which "investigates the mysteries of science and psychic phenomenon." (http://www.thepsyiencedetectives.com/)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21306839/detail.html

:eek: And to think the kid's name is Falcon. Dear lord.

LaraLuvrrr
15-10-09, 20:09
I was tuned to CNN watching coverage on this for an hour lmao :D

I mean it is a horrible thing that happened...

but damn i cant help it i laughed a bit for a second. I mean the story is so farfetched. 6 year old climbs into father's quote "flying saucer" and unties it and is now flying around in circles in the air

drakl0r
15-10-09, 20:09
God, that's terrible. I hope they find the kid soon :(

]{eith
15-10-09, 20:27
The balloon was empty. The child is still missing.

LaraLuvrrr
15-10-09, 20:28
{eith;4097292']The balloon was empty. The child is still missing.

oh wow.... that's weird :(

ugh i knew it wouldnt end well... :(

TRhalloween
15-10-09, 20:29
Yeah, I was watching this. They acted so relieved when they found out he wasn't in the balloon :confused:

Chocola teapot
15-10-09, 21:49
Did he fall out of the balloon?

dizzydoil
15-10-09, 21:54
I don't get it.

He goes up in the balloon - but doesn't come down in it? Did he fall? I thought they kept an eye on the balloon...? I'm confused. Was it those aliens again?

I have no idea whatsoever what I'll be dreaming about tonight. Good night:wve:.

:pi:.

remote91
15-10-09, 21:54
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/1e496da9e6deca539b1e8555e6572aa3197.gif (http://www.uploderx.net/x/30950/)

xXhayleyroxXx
15-10-09, 21:55
omg thats so terrible!

coincidently its bringing back memories od moody's corner from the amanda show haha

Encore
15-10-09, 21:58
That is........... bizarre. And strangely fascinating, albeit tragic.

Uzi master
15-10-09, 22:10
when I saw the title I thought he floated away in a regular baloon!

Rai
15-10-09, 22:12
Oh goodness, I so hope little Falcon is okay. I mean he must have fallen out, poor dear. :(

Joely-Moley
15-10-09, 22:13
This is really strange. I really hope they find him hiding somewhere or something. :(

Legends
15-10-09, 22:14
I hope everything turns out well. Although, I fear it might not. :(

Cloe Christina
15-10-09, 22:19
what i don't get about things like this is that the parents left their six year old son unsupervised near a hot air balloon ..... as if they were not dangerous ..... gas and fire and all that.......

Dennis's Mom
15-10-09, 22:25
It was a helium balloon.

They found him hiding in the garage attic. Doubtless he got scared after he accidentally set it free and hid.

At least he's OK.

Rai
15-10-09, 22:29
^ Really? Thank goodness.

corey01
15-10-09, 22:38
omg thats so terrible!

coincidently its bringing back memories od moody's corner from the amanda show haha

LMFAO! omg that made me LOL..I remember that show hahaha

but thank god he was found safe!

TRhalloween
15-10-09, 22:39
omg thats so terrible!

OMG When Moody's mum got lost in the hot air balloon :vlol:

corey01
15-10-09, 22:44
OMG When Moody's mum got lost in the hot air balloon :vlol:

Lmaoooooo, "MOODYYYYY"

*laralover*
16-10-09, 00:30
That is worrying... but at the same time it was funny just from how the neighbours descried the flying saucer :p

LaraLuvrrr
16-10-09, 00:35
Apparently the boy locked himself somewhere... he was in the home the whole time.

And here's a video of that family so you can see how messed up they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWJXXgaYBo&feature=player_embedded

Alex Shepherd
16-10-09, 01:21
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: SO SORRY!! It makes me laugh :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:
It's a strange story, it's odd to happen.

Raider Man

Jo269976
16-10-09, 01:25
Apparently the boy locked himself somewhere... he was in the home the whole time.

I cringed.

Lenochka
16-10-09, 02:47

Ugh
I can't believe they're mom and dad let them be involved with something like that.

rowanlim
16-10-09, 02:54
It was a helium balloon.

They found him hiding in the garage attic. Doubtless he got scared after he accidentally set it free and hid.

At least he's OK.

That's a relief. Good thing he's safe.

Draco
16-10-09, 04:51
Just incase I was in danger of thinking media people were intelligent, this grounded me back to reality.

Lenochka
16-10-09, 15:15
wI6UONWCq7A

" you guys said that we did this for the show "

It's funny watching his parents try to act like he didn't say it :vlol:
So yeah, it was basically planned by his fame whore parents.

interstellardave
16-10-09, 15:46
Lol... Busted!!!

michaeldt
16-10-09, 16:00
thats awful :( but i bet he had fun in that balloon :D

Larapink
16-10-09, 16:10
Such a waste of time on this hoax, and the family where just looking for fame or 5 minutes of fame more like it. They all knew what they were doing.

LightningRider
16-10-09, 16:19
"Mooooodyyy..!"

Oh my God, that show was amazing. :vlol:

It's like a Sitcom, five minutes of fame ruined by the innocent child. :p

TRhalloween
16-10-09, 16:19
thats awful :( but i bet he had fun in that balloon :D

_

Dennis's Mom
16-10-09, 16:58
Is this some sort of weird Munchhausen by Proxy thing where they fake stuff just to get attention? How sad.