PDA

View Full Version : The General Evanescence Thread

Tonyrobinson
16-10-09, 16:19
Okay so I didn't want to bump an old thread so here's a new one. So since the old one closed we now know:

Amy Lee has Twitter
Evanescence are Still together
They are having a concert in Brazil
They are bringing out a new album
Amy Lee is bringing out a cover of The Muppets

And... On her twitter we see a new picture of her and she's in great shape!

remote91
16-10-09, 16:26
I can't wait to hear the new sound.

Bonez
16-10-09, 16:27
Excited. :D

Your_Envy*
16-10-09, 17:54
I love Evanescence, they are my favorite band for 5 years now! :cln: I love the music, lyrics, Amy's amazing voice, piano.. They made me complete.

<3

Can't wait for the new album and to hear the cover "Halfway Down the Stairs." :cln:

30seconds2sasa
16-10-09, 18:09
oh i love this band....their songs are perfect!i can't wait to hear new songs from them

Dina_Croft
16-10-09, 18:12
I always liked Evanescence...They rock...

My favourites are Lacrymosa,Lithium and Call Me When You're Sober...

Cloe Christina
16-10-09, 20:45
I always liked Evanescence...They rock...

My favourites are Lacrymosa,Lithium and Call Me When You're Sober...

i love lithium ..... that's one of my faviorites too .... :D

Nemo_91
16-10-09, 21:17
Evan..who? Oh Evanescence!

They really need to release a new album next year. :whi:

Phys
16-10-09, 21:52
Favourite band <33

I wish they'd release something new though. There is only so many times you can listen and listen and listen Dx

Marianna12
16-10-09, 21:53
Not a huge fan, but I love most of their songs! Can't wait for their next album!:yah:

ajrich17901
16-10-09, 21:53
Love evanescence, saw em live April 2007 they kicked ass live. Not a big fan of the open door cd, but I love fallen and origin. Here's hoping there's more rock songs and less depressing songs next album.

lacryjr
23-01-10, 09:05
Has anyone seen this ?
https://secure.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/images/content/pagebuilder/haiti_entertainment.jpg

Clicky. (http://www.unfoundation.org/evanescence)

Aranara
23-01-10, 09:26
I really like Evanescence :cln:
My favorite songs are: Going Under, Call Me When You're Sober (I love the beginning :p), My Last Breath etc etc etc :D

lacryjr
23-01-10, 09:27
I really like Evanescence :cln:
My favorite songs are: Going Under, Call Me When You're Sober (I love the beginning :p), My Last Breath etc etc etc :D

Haven't you heard Origins, or other older demos ?

Aranara
23-01-10, 09:37
^
Of course I heard them :cln:

remote91
23-01-10, 13:31
Any new news about the album?

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 13:37
NEW SONG! ZOMG! :cln:

5EDlwlM8pb8

Never thought that I'd be leaving you today
so alone and wondering why I feel this way
so wide the world
can love remember how to get me home to you
someday

We'll be together again
All just a dream in the end
We'll be together again

So many fears were swimming around and around in my mind
Who would have dreamed the secrets we would find

I've found a world
where love and dreams and darkness all collide
maybe this time
we can leave our broken world behind

We'll be together again
All just a dream in the end

Nemo_91
23-01-10, 13:48
^ this song shouldn't be on youtube.

It's nice though.

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 13:50
They will probably remove it very soon. :o

remote91
23-01-10, 13:57
I love it :D

Sounds so mature, she looks gorgeous in that picture, too

Marianna12
23-01-10, 13:59
OMG love the new song:cln:

Nemo_91
23-01-10, 13:59
Any new news about the album?

Release date is early fall 2010.

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 14:00
I love it :D

Sounds so mature, she looks gorgeous in that picture, too

I love it too! :cln: And her hair is finally growing! :vlol:

Release date is early fall 2010.

Can't. Wait. :cln:

MiCkiZ88
23-01-10, 14:01
OMG love the new song:cln:
And guess how my other half felt last night? Screaming and jumping out of joy whilst I was having a bloody headache :o

I like the song, but it reminds me of some older track.. can't say which.

Nemo_91
23-01-10, 14:03
It would be the perfect soundtrack for American McGee's Alice 2. :cln:

It's so creepy.

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 14:07
And guess how my other half felt last night? Screaming and jumping out of joy whilst I was having a bloody headache :o

I like the song, but it reminds me of some older track.. can't say which.

I feel exactly the same. EXACTLY. I feel like jumping and screaming right NOW!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

It kinda reminds me of Good Enough. And maybe Snow White Queen. A little bit of Lacrymosa.. :p
And Edward Scissorhands Soundtrack. LMAO. :vlol:

lara c. fan
23-01-10, 14:09
KpmSHb-aRB0

First time I heard Evanescence, pretty much only song of theirs I like :p

MiCkiZ88
23-01-10, 14:11
I feel exactly the same. EXACTLY. I feel like jumping and screaming right NOW!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

It kinda reminds me of Good Enough. And maybe Snow White Queen. A little bit of Lacrymosa.. :p
And Edward Scissorhands Soundtrack. LMAO. :vlol:Lmao, now that is quite a bit of songs. Personally I heard similar strings and choir from Lacrymosa.

Mitch has calmed down, but you can only guess how he was when his "contact" sent him the song. :/

toxicraider
23-01-10, 14:12
Love the new song! :tmb:

I love so many of their songs, but my favourite is probably My Last Breath, or Lacrymosa.

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 14:16
Lmao, now that is quite a bit of songs. Personally I heard similar strings and choir from Lacrymosa.

Mitch has calmed down, but you can only guess how he was when his "contact" sent him the song. :/

I know, I just can't think right now cause I am so excited and I just can't hide it! :jmp:

I can guess since I feel the same right now! :D And I feel sorry for you since you had headache! :hug: I am glad nobody is in my room right now! :vlol: (Except for my animals. <3)

MiCkiZ88
23-01-10, 14:18
I know, I just can't think right now cause I am so excited and I just can't hide it! :jmp:

I can guess since I feel the same right now! :D And I feel sorry for you since you had headache! :hug: I am glad nobody is in my room right now! :vlol: (Except for my animals. <3)
Hahah, fair enough.

We just have a bird in our bedroom and she sometimes just shakes her head thanks to the high pitch notes...
From Mitch I mean. Amy is nothing compared to him :p

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 14:28
Hahah, fair enough.

We just have a bird in our bedroom and she sometimes just shakes her head thanks to the high pitch notes...
From Mitch I mean. Amy is nothing compared to him :p

I can't stop listening to that song! :cln:

I have a bird in my bedroom and she is singing all the time! :D

LMAO! :vlol: :vlol: I send friend request to Mitch (Facebook) since we are both crazy EV fans, I hope he won't mind. :o

MiCkiZ88
23-01-10, 14:32
I can't stop listening to that song! :cln:

I have a bird in my bedroom and she is singing all the time! :D

LMAO! :vlol: :vlol: I send friend request to Mitch (Facebook) since we are both crazy EV fans, I hope he won't mind. :oNah, he already has a bunch of EV fans as friends, so he doesn't mind it. :)

Your_Envy*
23-01-10, 14:36
That's great! :cln: We can share our jumping and screaming! :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
23-01-10, 14:54
I've had this on repeat all night. Lovin' it!

MattTR
23-01-10, 16:10
I love their new song, it's very powerful.

And I read they released it to help those in Haiti, very nice. :)

bloodstormaoa
25-01-10, 01:16
I love Together Again! <333333333333

NemesisxAngelus
25-01-10, 06:39
I think it's pretty odd how Evanescence (and any other bands) always know to release songs when I feel exactly like that.

ajrich17901
26-01-10, 01:09
For anyone who hasn't heard "Together Again" yet
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWkKF1OLkE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWkKF1OLkE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also Amy lee has confirmed the new album will be out Fall 2010, and before that we'll hear her Muppet Song thinger lol and of course Your Love will be broadcasted soon.

irjudd
26-01-10, 01:37
Hmmm I really didn't like that song. I hope it's not representative of the entire album, because I did like the other albums.

ajrich17901
26-01-10, 02:23
Hmmm I really didn't like that song. I hope it's not representative of the entire album, because I did like the other albums.

Its not from the new album if that's what your thinking. Its a song that didn't make it onto The Open Door back in 2006. They just released it now for the Haiti fundraiser.

bloodstormaoa
26-01-10, 21:19
Judd likes Evanescence!! :yik:

:pi:

Your_Envy*
26-01-10, 22:06
Judd likes Evanescence!! :yik:

:pi:

No way! :yik: :p

By the way, I almost cried when I read why Amy released that song. I am so sensitive these days! :o

On EvClub Amy explains the reason of publishing the song:

Hey guys. I posted this blog on EvClub last night, and I just thought it should be here too...

Pain is a big part of life. It is the thing that brings us to earth, keeps us tightly connected to each other. I've never felt closer to people than in times of great sorrow or distress, and I guess this is what connects us, people all over the world, to people in Haiti right now. We are the same creatures with the same heart, and as strong as we may feel sometimes, we are completely helpless to the brokenness of this world. Bad things happen. Sometimes its nobody's fault. But the pain that we feel should make us better.... more sensitive to others and more concious of our own impact on their lives. No matter what we give, people around the world will hurt just like we do. But maybe that's the point, and just for us to try to connect to that pain instead of shutting it out, is what makes us human. Thank you, all of you, for donating generously the way that I know alot of you have been. Sometimes it takes something like this to put it all in perspective. The next record- awesome. So excited about it. But really, on a grand scale, who ****ing cares. There are people dying all around us- emotionally as well as literally. That sentiment is exactly what made me begin to write music and poetry in the first place, as a kid. So again, for me that is the point, the reason, the connection. We need each other, plain and simple. So, (deep exhalation of emotional release) about the song- As most of you know, "Together Again" is a song written during the Open Door era. I have always loved it and wanted to find the perfect home for it. It wasn't at home in the Narnia movie, it didn't belong on The Open Door, and of all the other nameless opps that came up in between then and now it didn't fit there either. The recording you are hearing was made in 2005-6 along with the rest of the record. About a week ago (a couple of days after hearing about the recent events in Haiti) Josh woke up (before me as usual) and told me that he thought maybe this was where the song belonged. I was at first skeptical on my ability to put all the pieces together and make it a reality, but I think everyone around me was just wishing for a way to help too. My manager, Andy, immediately jumped on board and started making calls. My label agreed to donate their share, my publishing company did the same, even Ted Jensen (who is a very well known mastering artist) cut the fee down to virtually nothing so it was very quick and easy to get the song finished. I am very proud to say that all of the money that is donated for the download of our song except for the credit card transaction fee is going to Haiti. Its a cool way to think about it- maybe the reason it never fit anywhere else is because it belonged here, all along, for this purpose. I hope and believe that we are making a real difference together. Thank you guys again, for caring, for listening to me, and for just being fans. Thank you... to those who no matter how much pain you've felt, still remain strong enough to feel more.

love, Amy.

And here's Amy's artwork for the song "Together Again".

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8863/togetheragain.jpg

**LARA LOVER**
26-01-10, 22:17
Whatttt no way when did they get a new songggg!!!!!!:jmp:

Your_Envy*
26-01-10, 22:18
In Friday, honey. :D It's amazing! :jmp:

Tombraiderx08
24-02-10, 20:08
Saw a link to this video on an evanescence status update on myspace, and I thought i'd share it :) 1EcS4TJEGJY Oh, and I guess together again has been out for awhile now, hah.

Tonyrobinson
25-02-10, 23:33
Seen that on Evthreads. She looks to beautiful definatley lost a good lot of weight :D

I'd advise all Evanescence fans to download Together Again from Itunes as they are currently number 3 in the Top rock songs lets make this a number one :D

Edit: She left a Twitter update. Could Will Hunt be the new drummer of Ev :D

erreway
25-02-10, 23:35
I like Evanescence :)

remote91
25-02-10, 23:35
I'm excited :D

Tonyrobinson
25-02-10, 23:41
Their new album producer is Steve Lillywhite so by God if this sounds anything like the "30 SECS TO MARS -This is War" album I'm going to be buzzing!

Tonyrobinson
26-02-10, 22:32
New band members are Will Hunt and Will "Science" Hunt!

Album will be released in August/September this year :D

New instruments include the harp and electronic programming!

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/evanescence-is-back/6511485

lara c. fan
26-02-10, 22:34
How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Evanescence for the win! :D

Reckless Lara
27-02-10, 20:36
Not a fan but a friend of mine talked me into listening to some songs and they weren't bad at all. :)

Nemo_91
02-03-10, 19:57
"Evanescence go electro as Lee has "Fun with music" on next LP"

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/03/02/evanescence-go-electro-as-lee-has-fun-with-music-on-next-lp/

I'm actually glad that they're experimenting with new sounds.

bloodstormaoa
02-03-10, 20:32
Sounds...interesting :D! Perhaps it'll be reminiscent of some of their really old stuff.

It'll be hard for them to top TOD for me! I <3 that album so much! But I can't wait :D

lara croft TR
02-03-10, 21:58
I can't wait for the next album... :jmp: But I'd prefer it to be the "classic-Evanescence-way" rather than electro :(

Liara
02-03-10, 22:04
^ Agreed... I miss how creepy their older stuff sounded. I mean I like The Open Door and all, but it just seems like an unneeded step away from what made Ev. special. I doubt any of their future albums will ever sound like Fallen, but we can always keep hoping.

Nemo_91
02-03-10, 22:42
^ Agreed... I miss how creepy their older stuff sounded. I mean I like The Open Door and all, but it just seems like an unneeded step away from what made Ev. special. I doubt any of their future albums will ever sound like Fallen, but we can always keep hoping.

And that's actually a good thing. The Open Door is far better than Fallen, imo.

bloodstormaoa
03-03-10, 02:05
And that's actually a good thing. The Open Door is far better than Fallen, imo.

:tmb: :tmb:

TOD was special. :D

Nenya awakens
03-03-10, 02:09
:tmb: :tmb:

TOD was special. :D

I agree, I love that album, It was so dark :)

bloodstormaoa
03-03-10, 02:22
Marc! You like Evanescence?!!!

Your coolness factor has just shot through the roof :cool:!

It was dark, something that Fallen shared to an extent. The difference with TOD is the amazing depth in terms of lyrics, even the music was more multi-layered/deeper!

Nenya awakens
03-03-10, 02:25
Yeah course I do, I have the songs from Origins aswell.

bloodstormaoa
03-03-10, 02:29
Awesome :D!!

I have every single Evanescence song ever released or leaked to the public, even the ones I shouldn't :mis:!

Nenya awakens
03-03-10, 02:35
Even some of the iffy covers I love :p

tranniversary119
03-03-10, 02:40
They were great in concert, Amy Lee has an incredible voice! Can't wait for the new album :)

bloodstormaoa
03-03-10, 02:50
Even some of the iffy covers I love :p

They're not iffy :smk:

Even as a huge Nirvana fan, I love their cover of HSB <3333

bloodstormaoa
02-04-10, 17:03
Sorry to double post, but just wanted to share a few videos that hint at the musical style for the new album.

- Jamming session containing a demo sample (posted by Tim):
http://www.twitvid.com/C2E40

- Recording session feat. a song that was being recorded (posted by Amy):
http://www.twitvid.com/96BB7

- Piano piece for another song (posted by Amy):
http://www.twitvid.com/97672

A new song titled Your Love was performed acoustically for an episode of "Legends and Lyrics" expected to air sometime in 2010.

Also when Spin.com interviewed Amy About the new album, she explained that the first song she wrote with Will is called Hi-Lo.

While Amy Lee was on a radio station that Steve Lillywhite hosted, she announced a new song title, You've Got A Lot To Learn.

About Hi-Lo, Amy said :
"Hi-Lo." It's a working title. It's going in an electro-pop direction -- there are no organic instruments. It's a Portishead or Massive Attack direction, and lyrically it's about moving on, but in a very non-confrontational, non-angry way. It's just, "Hey, everything that happened, I'm over it and I'm not mad at you."

Regarding Your love (according to someone that attended the Legends And Lyrics recording event):
"For Amy’s final song of the evening, it was a surprise and an honor to be privy to her new song, one that had not yet been performed for a public audience. From the first few notes and syllables uttered, Lee held the crowd, including Gavin DeGraw and Dwight Yoakam, in the palm of her hand. The piece, entitled Your Love, was described as being about love that cannot work. It took a few moments for the spell to wear off once the song was over.
It is reported that "Your Love" is a working title for the song. "

Also, in terms of what to expect from the sound of the third album, Amy said:

" I don't want to give away too much about what it will sound like, because so much will change before the end, but its... not what you would expect. Its definitely not happy married music, but its not like I'm dying the whole time either. Its dark, sarcastic, fun, strange, familiar and very different at the same time. "

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm excited but anxious, especially after hearing some samples :o!

Nemo_91
02-04-10, 17:22
Ditto.

If it's really a Portishead or Massive Attack direction then I'm sure I'll love it. (I absolutely love those bands...).

That song in the second video sounds really cool! Can't wait to hear the whole thing :D.

almayah
02-04-10, 17:56
I'm a huge fan. They're my fave group(after LP)

Amy has a voice of an angel :eek:

Your_Envy*
02-04-10, 18:49
ZOMG Peter, I love you. :cln: Thanks for sharing, sounds amazing! :yah: <333333333333

bloodstormaoa
02-04-10, 20:23
Ditto.

If it's really a Portishead or Massive Attack direction then I'm sure I'll love it. (I absolutely love those bands...).

That song in the second video sounds really cool! Can't wait to hear the whole thing :D.

I haven't really heard anything from MA or Portishead but I'll definitely take a look-see now :D

It sounds sooooo different from anything before :D Somewhat ethnic-y?

ZOMG Peter, I love you. :cln: Thanks for sharing, sounds amazing! :yah: <333333333333

Welcome <33