PDA

View Full Version : Things Made You Cry - Share Your Experiences

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 21:57
Hey all,
well we all have played games, watched movies, read stories and listened to songs, and sure one of those affected us so much that they made us cry either because of sadness or happiness.

Let's share those together, write down the name of game, movie, story and song that made you cry ... I'll start first ;)

Game(s) :

Silent Hill : Homecoming [The whole storyline made me cry and fall in love with Alex and totally consider it the best SILENT HILL EVER !!!!!!]

Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns Of The Patriots [Scene when Raiden sacrifices himself in front of Outer Haven screaming ROOOSE, and when He returned without arms inside Outer Haven.

Final Fantasy X [The Game Ending and Yuna's Speech at the End]

Movie(s) :

The Brave One - Jodie Foster [the ending parts from starting from the moment she gets the SMS till the very end]

Ultraviolet [When Milla says : "I am a titan ... a monolith, nothing can stop Me, and when she says : "I can kill them", and also when she says : "these moments, as beautiful as they are, they're evil when they're gone]

Titanic [Rose's word : "I'll Never Let Go", and the scene when the old rose drops the necklace overboard with her heart screaming for her first and last love]

Habibi Da'eman (My Lover Forever) Arabic Movie [ The whole movie specially the ending parts]

The Fifth Element [Scene when Milla Jovovich near the end asks Bruce Willis : "why, why ?" he says : "Because I love you ..."]

Cartoon(s) :

The Lion King
The Land Before Time [The scene when little foot's mother dies and when He follows a big shadow of a dinosaur casted on the mountain to discover that it's his own shadow, thinking it was his Mom].

Song(s) :

The Power Of Goodbye - Madonna
Waiyah - Amr Diab
Angel Of Darkness - Alex C. (feat. Yasmin K.)

Legend of Lara
16-10-09, 22:05
Hoo, boy. *ahem* This is all anime, by the way.

Kanon 2006
On several instances. Mostly during episode 10, though some of the latter episodes were tear jerkers as well. Oh, and Shiori's finale.

"Was I... Was I smiling?"

*bawww*

CLANNAD
Multiple times during the ending song. And the end of Fuko's arc left me as an empty shell of a man. Oh, and episode 16 of After Story. Just... episode 16.

AIR TV
"Goal..."

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Episode 13. Oh, episode 13. I couldn't get myself to continue to the next episode for several hours.

Dustie
16-10-09, 22:06
Titanic [Rose's word : "I'll Never Let Go", and the scene when the old rose drops the necklace overboard with her heart screaming for her first and last love]

I cried watching that scene too, especially when Jack talks about how Rose can't give up, has to live on, have kids... and then when she lets his frozen body into the ocean...

I remember the first time I cried during a movie was during Lion King - when Simba finds his father's dead body in the canyon.

ajrich17901
16-10-09, 22:07
Game:
Fatal Frame 3 Ending

Movie:
Taegukgi: The Brotherhood Of War
The Air I Breathe

Song:
Open Up Your Eyes by Daughtry
Broken by Lifehouse
Nothings Gonna Change by BoA

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 22:08
I cried watching that scene too, especially when Jack talks about how Rose can't give up, has to live on, have kids... and then when she lets his frozen body into the ocean...

I remember the first time I cried during a movie was during Lion King - when Simba finds his father's dead body in the canyon.

MY GOD I forgot to write this too along with The Land Before Time scene when little foot's mother dies and when He follows a big shadow of a dinosaur casted on the mountain to discover that it's his own shadow, thinking it was his Mom ... God I'm crying now as I'm writing it.

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 22:11
To be honest I can't think of any occasion where I've cried at a film or video game. I didn't even cry when I watched World Trade Center. Came close though.

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 22:13
I didn't even cry when I watched World Trade Center. Came close though.

Why would anyone cry for that after all ? the whole world is collapsing, see Iraq, see Palestine, see Malawi ... and when you do see them or live them, the WTC will look like a piece of cake to you.

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 22:15
Why would anyone cry for that after all ? the whole world is collapsing, see Iraq, see Palestine, see Malawi ... and when you do see them or live them, the WTC will look like a piece of cake to you.:rolleyes:

Have you even seen the film? It's very graphic and has a lot of sad moments.

I was just answering the thread question. Since I don't think I've cried at a film or video game before, I thought I'd mention that because that's the closest I've come.

Oh, and I nearly cried when I watched the episode of Band of Brothers where they find the concentration camp. In fact there are a lot of sad moments in Band of Brothers but that one sticks out the most for me. But of course that's also a piece of cake compared to Iraq and Palestine isn't it?

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 22:22
:rolleyes:

Have you even seen the film? It's very graphic and has a lot of sad moments.

I was just answering the thread question. Since I don't think I've cried at a film or video game before, I thought I'd mention that because that's the closest I've come.

Oh, and I nearly cried when I watched the episode of Band of Brothers where they find the concentration camp. But of course that's a piece of cake compared to Iraq and Palestine isn't it?

Yeahhh ... I didn't mean to argue or anything, just a fair comparison ... like those are two huge buildings with thousands of people but there in iRAQ n Palestine they're WHOLE countries with their towns n people ... I hope this whole world finds a better direction than the one it's heading to now that's unfortunately leading to it's self-distruction.

back to topic, maybe I've cried for those movies cuz I'm too emotional or something ... yet not an Emo LOL

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 22:23
Yeahhh ... I didn't mean to argue or anything, just a fair comparison ... like those are two huge buildings with thousands of people but there in iRAQ n Palestine they're WHOLE countries with their towns n people ... I hope this whole world finds a better direction than the one it's heading to now that's unfortunately leading to it's self-distruction.What's your point? It's like because there were less casualties it somehow makes it less devistating. =/

miss.haggard
16-10-09, 22:24

The Fifth Element [Scene when Milla Jovovich near the end asks Bruce Willis : "why, why ?" he says : "Because I love you ..."]

Funny, because I just watched both of these yesterday and cried at both parts. :(

Along with that are the scenes in movies that they kill animals, Im no PETA freak (no offense) but it gets to me. Most notably The Ring, when the horse jumps over the side of the ferry. And Signs when you hear the dogs yelp when the stupid mean aliens get them. :mad:

Song wise, there are a few RHCP songs, but the one that gets me every time is Desert Garden by VAST.

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 22:24
Along with that are the scenes in movies that they kill animals, Im no PETA freak (no offense) but it gets to me. Most notably The Ring, when the horse jumps over the side of the ferry. And Signs when you hear the dogs yelp when the stupid mean aliens get them. :mad:What about humans that get killed? :p

Legend of Lara
16-10-09, 22:27
What about humans that get killed? :p

I guess animals are more "helpless and sympathetic", which is not to say that human deaths aren't sad.

miss.haggard
16-10-09, 22:31
I guess animals are more "helpless and sympathetic", which is not to say that human deaths aren't sad.

:tmb: Animals cant help it, stupid meatbag peoples can. :ton:

Sir Croft
16-10-09, 22:33
I can't think of anything that made me cry, it does get close to that, though, but the movie must try really hard. :p

Why would anyone cry for that after all ? the whole world is collapsing, see Iraq, see Palestine, see Malawi ... and when you do see them or live them, the WTC will look like a piece of cake to you.

No life is more important than any other, the tragedy with the WTC was just as sad as the tragedies going on in Middle East.

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 22:35
Along with that are the scenes in movies that they kill animals, Im no PETA freak (no offense) but it gets to me. Most notably The Ring, when the horse jumps over the side of the ferry.

That part really creeped me out. :( Today I watched Secret Window and had to cover my eyes in that part where the doggie is found dead. :(:(

Sir Croft
16-10-09, 22:37
That part really creeped me out. :( Today I watched Secret Window and had to cover my eyes in that part where the doggie is found dead. :(:(

I hate to see animals dying, specially when they had nothing to do with the whole situation.

Lavinder
16-10-09, 22:37
The Land Before Time [The scene when little foot's mother dies and when He follows a big shadow of a dinosaur casted on the mountain to discover that it's his own shadow, thinking it was his Mom].

Oh this really gets me :(.

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 22:39
I can't think of anything that made me cry, it does get close to that, though, but the movie must try really hard. :p

No life is more important than any other, the tragedy with the WTC was just as sad as the tragedies going on in Middle East.

I didn't say it isn't tragic but people made it a big deal while no one even bothered showing iRAQ victims, most governments were too afraid to stand beside iraq, only the brave Madonna showed some clips of it on her tour.

Funny, because I just watched both of these yesterday and cried at both parts. :(

Along with that are the scenes in movies that they kill animals, Im no PETA freak (no offense) but it gets to me. Most notably The Ring, when the horse jumps over the side of the ferry. And Signs when you hear the dogs yelp when the stupid mean aliens get them. :mad:

Song wise, there are a few RHCP songs, but the one that gets me every time is Desert Garden by VAST.

LOOOOOL, close minds :p

Oh this really gets me :(.

UNFORGETTABLE

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 22:40
I hate to see animals dying, specially when they had nothing to do with the whole situation.

Me too. I'm more affected by animal deaths than human deaths in films.

larafan25
16-10-09, 22:40
the only thing I have come close to crying at was the movie my sisters keeper, that was it, I have never cried because of a game or film or TV. show:p

Mad Tony
16-10-09, 22:42
I didn't say it isn't tragic but people made it a big deal while no one even bothered showing iRAQ victims, most governments were too afraid to stand beside iraq, only the brave Madonna showed some clips of it on her tour.Well it was kind of a big deal, especially with the people jumping out of the towers. Urgh, awful. I think they briefly showed it in World Trade Center as well.

HappyShannon
16-10-09, 22:43
Songs:
"Someones Watching Over Me" by Hillary Duff
"Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride
"Alyssa Lies" by Jason Michael Carroll
(Depending on my mood) "These Things I'll Never Say" by Avril Lavigne
"For Good" by Kristen Chenowith and Idina Menzel. Especially Kristen's last show where she start's crying and mid-song she & Idina are hugging and crying :hug: Beautiful.

Books (some are true which is why they're so sad :o):
"Damaged" by Cathy Glass - I cried so hard at this book, it's horrible what some people do to children.. :( What's good though is I commented on the author's website and she emailed me! :jmp:
"A Boy Called It" .. I can't remember the author :( Joe something, I think...
"The Boy In Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne. So emotional at the end :hug:

I think that's all :D

EDIT: I felt like crying at the end of TRU. Doing all that to find her mother and... nothing. Makes me sad :) Still love it though.

aquaflute
16-10-09, 22:45
I'm a guy but I am easily moved to shed tears. I would have my eyes wet when there is a good story combined with good visual effects and music. I rarely cry for very sad things, but I cry for things that are so well done and beautiful. Some examples that would move me to tears everytime are: the ending FMV of starcraft where Fenix sacrifice himself (I am not crying for his death, but rather the epicness of his action, and the background music used in that FMV is simeply perfect), the ending fmv of FF9 where Garnet and Zidane reunite, in Aladdin where they flew into the sky and sang A Whole New World. In other words I don't cry for pain, but I cry for extreme joy and happiness.

larafan25
16-10-09, 22:47
animal dealths make my sad and human deaths make me angry...

I remember watching Pans Labrinth, and there is a scene where this asshole guy takes a bottle and smashes it at this guys face over and over again smashing in his face, and he dies...I am angry right now thinking about it.

Encore
16-10-09, 22:50
I tend to be very emotional with various things. I cry a lot in sad movies provided they're good enough to make me feel connected to the story, and also, the musical soundtrack helps.

The most recent movie I remember that made me cry a lot was "Crash". There's this scene where you think that little girl was shot, to the sound of some gorgeous music by Mark Isham, that totally broke my heart!
I also tend to cry when I watch reports and documentaries about poverty, war, human rights and animal rights abuses, etc.

I know this makes me sound like a whiner but it's in my nature. I think I'm way too sensitive actually. For instance, just now I'm replaying Bioshock to see what happens if I kill the little girls and I'm totally hating to do it, makes me feel really sad. :o

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 22:59
I tend to be very emotional with various things. I cry a lot in sad movies provided they're good enough to make me feel connected to the story, and also, the musical soundtrack helps.

The most recent movie I remember that made me cry a lot was "Crash". There's this scene where you think that little girl was shot, to the sound of some gorgeous music by Mark Isham, that totally broke my heart!
I also tend to cry when I watch reports and documentaries about poverty, war, human rights and animal rights abuses, etc.

I know this makes me sound like a whiner but it's in my nature. I think I'm way too sensitive actually. For instance, just now I'm replaying Bioshock to see what happens if I kill the little girls and I'm totally hating to do it, makes me feel really sad. :o

I get emotional watching animal documentaries. When animals are being rescued and stuff like that. :o

tomblover
16-10-09, 23:00
Basically during all of Elfen Lied I was either crying or in shock. :p

'sides that, only thing that has made me cry was Grave Of The Fireflies. ****, man... :(

Legend of Lara
16-10-09, 23:08
Basically during all of Elfen Lied I was either crying or in shock. :p

'sides that, only thing that has made me cry was Grave Of The Fireflies. ****, man... :(

Try watching AIR TV. The word "Goal" will never be the same.

maniakatosheto
16-10-09, 23:11
The memory that i found my mother un-concious on the floor next to my parent's bedroom and 14 days after that she passed away. Any More info?

TRfan23
16-10-09, 23:18
The Passion Of Christ, when Mary runs to Jesus when he falls with the cross on his back. Which clashes with a scene of her running to Jesus as a child, now that's touching :(

I remember watching Pans Labrinth, and there is a scene where this asshole guy takes a bottle and smashes it at this guys face over and over again smashing in his face, and he dies...I am angry right now thinking about it.

I'm pretty sure it was a knife? I thought the ending was ridiculous though, the part when the girls in that castle bit. Though when she got shot was sad :(

Alex Shepherd
16-10-09, 23:20
Game:

Silent Hill 5
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 1

TV:
Lion King 1 and 2
Tarzan
Son of rambo

Raider Man

ArigatoGozymas
16-10-09, 23:20
I'm a guy but I am easily moved to shed tears. I would have my eyes wet when there is a good story combined with good visual effects and music. I rarely cry for very sad things, but I cry for things that are so well done and beautiful. Some examples that would move me to tears everytime are: the ending FMV of starcraft where Fenix sacrifice himself (I am not crying for his death, but rather the epicness of his action, and the background music used in that FMV is simeply perfect), the ending fmv of FF9 where Garnet and Zidane reunite, in Aladdin where they flew into the sky and sang A Whole New World. In other words I don't cry for pain, but I cry for extreme joy and happiness.

JUST LIKE ME ... sometimes I cry for an avenging character's action, or a song with words about fighting, resistance and strong determination.

The memory that i found my mother un-concious on the floor next to my parent's bedroom and 14 days after that she passed away. Any More info?

MY GOD. I'm so sorry ... may God rest her in his paradise for eternity :)

Game:

Silent Hill 5
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 1

TV:
Lion King 1 and 2
Tarzan
Son of rambo

SH5 I mentioned when ...
Lion King too
Tarzan, the moments He takes off his tuxedo sliding on the trees going after Jane.

Encore
16-10-09, 23:26
I get emotional watching animal documentaries. When animals are being rescued and stuff like that. :o

Yeah, me too, I've shed some tears watching "Animal Hospital" :o

Marianna12
16-10-09, 23:28
Movies:
Titanic
Changeling
The Notebook

Songs:
Everytime - Britney Spears
Hello - Evanescence

can't think of anything else:o:p

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 23:29
Yeah, me too, I've shed some tears watching "Animal Hospital" :o

That's really touching, indeed! :hug:

miss.haggard
16-10-09, 23:45
I forgot to mention Mufasa's death in the Lion King, then when Simba cuddles under his arms... :( mew... Im 19 years old and still cry over an animated lion...

Nerd For Life
16-10-09, 23:51
I forgot to mention Mufasa's death in the Lion King, then when Simba cuddles under his arms... :( mew... Im 19 years old and still cry over an animated lion...

Don't worry, I cry everytime too. Every. Damn. Time.

miss.haggard
16-10-09, 23:57
Its better than crying and screaming "MUFASA!!!!! NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Hoping that maybe this time, he wont get trampled to death.

It never works, never.

January_Snow*
17-10-09, 00:05
When they kill Bambies mother :( :( :( :( :(

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 00:06
Its better than crying and screaming "MUFASA!!!!! NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Hoping that maybe this time, he wont get trampled to death.

It never works, never.

I feel your pain... I'm always secretly hoping it will work!

I remember watching it the first time in the movies. I was 5, it was probably the first time I went to the movies too.

Spong
When they kill Bambies mother :( :( :( :( :(

I knew someone would say that in here eventually.
The ending scene from The Snowman will turn up next I bet.

miss.haggard
:( Poor Mufasa...

NemesisxAngelus
17-10-09, 00:09

It never works, never.

LMAO I did something similiar in the plane this summer during the death scene of Romeo + Juliet.

The last time I cried? That has been more than 9 years ago now.

lacryjr
17-10-09, 00:12
Metal Gear Solid 3 Ending, and Moulin Rouge.

Assassin13
17-10-09, 00:13
The last episode of BTVS of the 5th season (The Gift) when Buffy dies.Only this.I don't usually cry on movies :D

irjudd
17-10-09, 00:14
Never had a form of entertainment make me cry.

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 00:19
Never had a form of entertainment make me cry.

But about last nig-

I mean... sure, Judd. :)

irjudd
17-10-09, 00:20
You mean that pole dance you did? No I wasn't crying. :pi:

maniakatosheto
17-10-09, 00:22
8tL4K40BYnQ Always gets me crying.

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 00:22
You mean that pole dance you did? No I wasn't crying. :pi:

Hmmm... I believe you.

Super Badnik
17-10-09, 00:37
Not much actually does make me cry. But King Kong (i saw the 2005 version) almost made me cry. :(

Assassin13
17-10-09, 00:44
Oh and i almost forgot :S
-QJG8kiuObs

Nannonxyay
17-10-09, 00:58
I don't normallu sob buckets at movies or tv shows which are sad, I normally only get a bit teary but some have made me weep like a baby.

In Torchwood : Children Of The Earth, Ianto's death made me cry loads. It makes me teary just thinking about it.

Finding Neverland is one of the only movies which has made me properly cry. I've cried at other movies, but not as much as I did when I watched the final scene on the bench. It was heart breakingly beautiful.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZpgFSllBHg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZpgFSllBHg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Plenty of songs have made me cry. I don't know what it is about music but emotional songs really get to me and some of them can get me everytime.

Desert Song by My Chemical Romance is one of them. I remember the first time I heard it I was silent when it ended then I started shaking and started crying because it really got to me. I felt absolutely stupid afterward but everytime I play it I begin sobbing just at the first line. :o

A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers. Gah. I ALWAYS cry at that.

Spong
17-10-09, 01:01
The last episode of BTVS of the 5th season (The Gift) when Buffy dies.Only this.I don't usually cry on movies :D

It didn't make me cry, but seeing Spike in tears over it was pretty emotional.

miss.haggard
17-10-09, 01:14
Black Beauty - OMFG. It makes me cry just thinking about it. Am I over emotional?

peeves
17-10-09, 01:20
A Movie that almost made me cry was Goblet of Fire the end where everyone cries to Cedric's tribute But i didn't quite cry. And the music too.

aquaflute
17-10-09, 01:25
Miss. haggard's avatar reminds me of this, that beautiful Han and Leia theme from starwars always give me goose bumps when watching the movie.

I agree on the Cedric part. When reading the book I felt that his death is really the one that strikes me most. He has that innocent character of a Hufflepuff(spelling?) that made his death particularly shocking to me. And it was completely unexpected. Sirius and Dubbledore(spelling)'s deaths did not strike nearly as hard as Cedric's.

Quasimodo
17-10-09, 01:25
This. Less than 10 seconds in I start sobbing!
c-xEEdJPL7s

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 01:27
This. Less than 10 seconds in I start sobbing!

Oh deary me, just the thought of clicking that and watching makes me teary eyed. :(

Sir Croft
17-10-09, 01:46
Me too. I'm more affected by animal deaths than human deaths in films.

Same here, an animal dying can ruin the whole movie to me. Specially when it's a dog, God, I can't help but feel awful when I see a dog dying.

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 01:48
Same here, an animal dying can ruin the whole movie to me. Specially when it's a dog, God, I can't help bu feel awful when I see a dog dying.

My thoughts exactly... Have you ever watched Equilibrium? That dog scene got me in tears for a good 5 minutes.

miss.haggard
17-10-09, 01:52
^ Dont get me started on dogs, Marley and Me, oh man... I knew it, I knew it the entire time what would happen. And just incase I didnt, Leo was reminding me almost every 20 minutes what would happen. And I still cried a good 30 minutes before it actually happened. :(

Miss. haggard's avatar reminds me of this, that beautiful Han and Leia theme from starwars always give me goose bumps when watching the movie.

:tmb: Have it on the iPod, gives me the same reaction :)

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 01:54
^ Dont get me started on dogs, Marley and Me, oh man... I knew it, I knew it the entire time what would happen. And just incase I didnt, Leo was reminding me almost every 20 minutes what would happen. And I still cried a good 30 minutes before it actually happened. :(

I want to watch that. I was warned about what happens by a friend who said "the dog dies, no big deal". I wanted to slit his throat and beat him with a baseball bat afterwards.

aquaflute
17-10-09, 01:55
Exactly the reason why I shall never have pets. Our life span differences can be too painful for me. Especially when I am the kind of person who would mourn over loss of a pen...

Sir Croft
17-10-09, 01:58
My thoughts exactly... Have you ever watched Equilibrium? That dog scene got me in tears for a good 5 minutes.

I've heard of it but never watched. I was liking I Am Legend untill the part where Samantha (the dog) dies, I couldn't watch the rest of the movie properly, I was too busy complaining and saying "Why the **** did she have to die?!?" and hearing my friends telling me to shut up. :p
I hate that movie now.

miss.haggard
17-10-09, 02:02
I've heard of it but never watched. I was liking I Am Legend untill the part where Samantha (the dog) dies, I couldn't watch the rest of the movie properly, I was too busy complaining and saying "Why the **** did she have to die?!?" and hearing my friends telling me to shut up. :p I hate that movie now.

Me too, cried more during that part than when the *** daughter died *** for sure. I mostly hate that movie cause they were stupid enough to put in that crapola ending instead of the good one.

I want to watch that. I was warned about what happens by a friend who said "the dog dies, no big deal". I wanted to slit his throat and beat him with a baseball bat afterwards.

Well the "good" thing about it is that its not a "bad" death, its ... well... sad, but good sad?

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 02:02
I've heard of it but never watched. I was liking I Am Legend untill the part where Samantha (the dog) dies, I couldn't watch the rest of the movie properly, I was too busy complaining and saying "Why the **** did she have to die?!?" and hearing my friends telling me to shut up. :p
I hate that movie now.

Aww.. :hug: You sound like me. I don't hate Equilibrium but that scene still bugs me. :mad: Thanks for the tip, I ain't gonna watch I Am Legend now... LOL.

Well the "good" thing about it is that its not a "bad" death, its ... well... sad, but good sad?

How exactly does it happen? Tell me plz. :(

miss.haggard
17-10-09, 02:08
Well the dog dies... of old age, if I remember correctly, surrounded by the family. And gets a nice funeral, and the kids cry, and Im pretty sure Owen Wilson cried too... I couldnt tell... I was crying... HARD.

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 02:08
Well the dog dies... of old age, if I remember correctly, surrounded by the family. And gets a nice funeral, and the kids cry, and Im pretty sure Owen Wilson cried too... I couldnt tell... I was crying... HARD.

Ohmygod. :( *mega internet hug*

miss.haggard
17-10-09, 02:11
I think its worth a watch if you have the chance and/or feeling like a girly-ish movie.

Speaking of watching movies, Land of the Lost has been sitting on my table for a few days... time to fix that. Adios Amigos!

Nerd For Life
17-10-09, 02:12
I think its worth a watch if you have the chance and/or feeling like a girly-ish movie.

Speaking of watching movies, Land of the Lost has been sitting on my table for a few days... time to fix that. Adios Amigos!

I will when I'm in a mood to sob my heart out. Goodnight Miss Lovely. :hug:

A flm that made me cry a lot... American History X.

Tommy123
17-10-09, 04:50
The end of titanic.....I know! but i couldent help it:D

And at the end of Uncharted 2......

hera7days
17-10-09, 05:19
Movies
Titanic
Grave of Fireflies
Cats
Ice World
Windaria
Pan's Labyrinth

Books
The Outsiders
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Songs
"Beautiful" - Christina Aguilera
"Wake Up" - Arcade Fire

TV
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars

Other
"Respawn of the Dead" - a Team Fortress 2 fanfiction

Tombraiderx08
17-10-09, 06:18
Songs
Dont Jump and Vergessene Kinder by Tokio Hotel
My immortal and Hello by Evanescence, those 4 songs always depress me...

Games

The end of kingdom hearts 2, with what I was going through the song made me bawl
Shows

Charmed, the last episode when Piper held her dead sister Phoebe, it made me think of the relationship with me and my own sisters and how devastated i'd be if I ever lost one.

scoopy_loopy
17-10-09, 06:32
I cried once during a performance of "The match stick girl" when I was in the 6th grade.

(Actually I was so out of control I had to leave :p)

_Tomb_Raider
17-10-09, 06:54
only films...
Borkeback Monuten
Sweet November
Blue Lagone
Titanic

Croft, Lara
17-10-09, 07:33
Oh dear God, here I go:

Film

- The Notebook. Not the end, but near the end. when Allie forgets Noah again.

- The ending of Moulin Rouge.

- Evie's death is Mummy Returns.

- Sue Lynne's monologue from My Blueberry Nights.

- My Sister's Keeper. I was strong most of the way through. I just filled up. But when Cameron Diaz broke down. So did I.

TV

- The finale of Friends. Still gets me know!!!!

- When Ross and Rachel broke up in Friends!!!!

- Marissa Cooper's death. I kid you not when I say it took me 6 months to get over it. God's honest truth.

- In season 2 of Desperate Housewives when Mike dumps Susan in the wedding dress and when Gabrielle gets the adopted baby taken away from her.

- The Christmas special of Extras. The Big Brother scene.

- New Doctor Who. When Rose "leaves".

Books

- Last ever chaper of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I had to read the chapter twice because I wasn't ready to let go!

Play

- The ending of Briony Lavery's "Stockholm"

- Wicked : Glinda announcing Elphie's death at the beginning. Elphie leaving at the end of Act 1. Glinda being secretly devestated at the start of Act 2. Elphie telling the Wizard that she wishes he was wonderful. "For Good" and the "Finale".

Big Matt
17-10-09, 07:39
Songs and video games just don't have what it takes. As far as movies go:

Saving Private Ryan

Tears of the Sun

Armageddon

Those selfless, sacrificial acts of heroism are what stir me.

Of course tear-jerker movies are more on the order of "there's something in my eye" when compared to losing all of your parents and grandparents in a three year span of time, as I've recently experienced. There simply isn't any comparison.

ArigatoGozymas
17-10-09, 08:44
Armageddon ending is ammmazing
and NEVER forget Hercules's ending quote when he says : "A life without Meg even an immortal life, would be , empty ... I .. I wish to stay on earth with her, finally I know where I belong".

and I've written a story myself and I cry when I write certain parts

Dina_Croft
17-10-09, 09:25
Songs
1.Radiohead - Street Spirit(Fade Out)
2.Katy Perry - Thinking of you
3.Natasha Bedingfield - Soulmate
4.Howl's Moving Castle theme

Movies
1.Requiem For A Dream(I cried for like 30 minutes for sure after the movie)
2.Howl's Moving Castle...(I don't know why)
3.Click(Oh god at the end...what a great movie)

Mad Tony
17-10-09, 11:16
8tL4K40BYnQ Always gets me crying.Oh yeah, that reminds me, I cried at the end of Legend because it finally dawned on me how much CD had completely butchered Tomb Raider :vlol: :tea:

xXhayleyroxXx
17-10-09, 11:23
^^ thats mean :(

i cry every time i think of when me, my sis & my mum and dad went to disneyland paris when me and my sis were little and my parents were together. They've divorced and i hate my step-parents, so this time is special to me.

scion05
17-10-09, 11:58
Well I nearly cried when I saw Kylie live on her Showgirl Homecoming Tour, her return from cancer :)

http://i00.rnhh.de/eu/shared-images/rhaps/b/0/9/f/bc039df115fd96e42afd7cfbc1677dd3_510x462.jpg

And god did she look and sound gorgeous!

Not my photo btw :)

xXhayleyroxXx
17-10-09, 11:59
^^ never seen tht :) good for kylie :ton:

CroftGameGirl
17-10-09, 12:47
Animes:

The ending for Death Note.
The ending for Ouran High School Host Club.
Naruto (kinda)

Games:

Croc 2 (when i was younger, I cried when my dad finished it for me XD the ending is so sweet)

That's all I can think of now...I'll update when i rememeber :p

Legend of Lara
17-10-09, 12:55
The ending for Death Note.

You cried at Death Note? I was cheering, actually. :p

Atlantisfreak666
17-10-09, 14:41
Random collection of stuff that made me cry:
MFXVjPTiu9s
b4kgrwRWPis
vveNZVt2-_I
QbcEyxT9N64
qOUHM2iZyb4
gCgzPJiIIE0

violentblossom
17-10-09, 15:20
Movies
1.Requiem For A Dream(I cried for like 30 minutes for sure after the movie)

You know, you're TERRIBLY brave for having watched that so young. I know adults who cannot sit through it.

Dina_Croft
17-10-09, 15:25
You know, you're TERRIBLY brave for having watched that so young. I know adults who cannot sit through it.

I wanted to watch it before like 2 years...But my sister didn't let me...The one thing that kinda makes me brave is that when i watched it,i was alone in my house and it was dark outside...

remote91
17-10-09, 15:25
Sadly, after finding a family member's body myself, whenever I go back and watch 'The Body' from season 5 of Buffy, Joss Whedon actually nails the reactions we have to death and that episode takes me straight back to the moment.

It's powerful and makes me cry like a girl.

violentblossom
17-10-09, 15:28
Films:

Requiem For A Dream
What Dreams May Come
The Pursuit of Happyness
Blood Diamond
Titanic (first few viewings)
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
Schindler's List (GOD, does that film make me cry)
It's A Beautiful Life (Yes, the past three films are all Holocaust movies)
Monster's Inc

Songs:
Troubled Waters- Cat Power
The Noose- A Perfect Circle
Suicide Note- Johnette Napolitano
Hurt-Johnny Cash
A Love Suicide- Rule of Rose soundtrack.

irjudd
17-10-09, 15:34
Monsters Inc.? :confused:

violentblossom
17-10-09, 15:35
Monsters Inc.? :confused:

Yeah... when Sully gets the last splinter of the door back, and you hear Boo's voice say, "Kitty".

irjudd
17-10-09, 15:36
I suppose it's not my place to question your emotional sensitivity. :p

violentblossom
17-10-09, 15:38
I suppose it's not my place to question your emotional sensitivity. :p

:o Yeah, I'm an emotional wimp sometimes. I also cry when celebrities die, depending on whom.

TRhalloween
17-10-09, 15:44
I almost cried at the Eddie Guerrero tribute when watching it over again on Youtube.

NemesisX13X
17-10-09, 15:49
Games:

- The credits of Assassin's Creed and the part where Altair gets stabbed at the beggining.
- Almost all parts of Prototype.

Movies:

Some parts + the ending of Corpse Bride, and the ending of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Songs:

Evanescence - Hello
Evanescence - Like You

GenyaArikado
17-10-09, 16:12
TV, Movies and Games
Azula story from Avatar
Blood Plus ending
Order of Ecclesia ending
Prince of Persia 3 the part after you kill Zerban
Lilo and Stich
Monster Inc
I am Legend when the dog gets infected
the Brothers Grimm (not really cry but the part when the father tells the Queen Story really shocks me and makes me feel pity for the queen)
Amelia's fate (guess from where it comes)
Moulin Rouge end
WoW Illidan's death dialogue (Maiev: It is over. You are beaten.

Illidan: You have won...Maiev. But the huntress...is nothing without the hunt. You...are nothing...without me.

Maiev: He's right. I feel nothing. I am nothing. Farewell, champions. )

and Lament of the Highborne machinima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4m56E4LosU&feature=player_embedded

and Songs

La Playa-La Oreja de Van Gogh
I still love you (It was PoP3 credits song, I think that th singer is suposed to be the Empress Kaileena)
When loves takes over-David Gueta (the energy of the song is overwhelming to me atleast)
Dear President-Pink(i saw a video with images of my country and the deaths caused by my president in the protests)

CerebralAssassin
17-10-09, 17:01
o22eIJDtKho

nuff said!!

Legend of Lara
17-10-09, 17:04
Lilo and Stich

...what? When? I thought that was a relatively cheery movie throughout.

nickless
17-10-09, 17:23
the few ones i remember:
-Changeling
-The day the earth stood still
-fluke (i think this was the first time i cried when i watched a movie)
-that episode of desperate housewives S05,when the handyman dies and they show how he helped all of the housewives at some point of their lives

xXhayleyroxXx
17-10-09, 17:26
the few ones i remember:
-Changeling
-The day the earth stood still
-fluke (i think this was the first time i cried when i watched a movie)
-that episode of desperate housewives S05,when the handyman dies and they show how he helped all of the housewives at some point of their lives

omg what was fluke again? was it about a dog? i cant remember just the name is sparking something up in my head hehe xx

nickless
17-10-09, 17:28
omg what was fluke again? was it about a dog? i cant remember just the name is sparking something up in my head hehe xx

yes,a father dies in a car crash,but he comes back to life as a dog.then he searches for his family giving them signes that it's him ect. :p good movie :)

xXhayleyroxXx
17-10-09, 17:29
yes,a father dies in a car crash,but he comes back to life as a dog.then he searches for his family giving them signes that it's him ect. :p good movie :)

omg that was it! that made me cry too :hug:

yes it was an excellent movie xx

Cloe Christina
17-10-09, 17:34
i cried at the ending of crises core ..... i thought it was so sad ..:(

xXhayleyroxXx
17-10-09, 17:41
oh i also cried at the end of spyro: dawn of the dragon

i thought spyro had died and the song was so beautiful - i was thinking 'wow i grew up playing as this little guy and he's just died in love'
i can actually say i was heartbroken

if anyone wants to see il post a vid xx

jackles
17-10-09, 17:59
The list of things that made me cry is as long as your arm, if your name is Mr Tickle....

I cry easily because things move me. *shrugs*

My most recent was playing Okami...at the end. It was really moving and uplifting. (And after 65 hours play I had become very into it!) :o

Rivendell
17-10-09, 19:33
The list of things that made me cry is as long as your arm, if your name is Mr Tickle....

:D Brings back memories, I remember him!

For me.. Hmm.. Okay.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Pretty much any select moment from the time the Rohirrim arrive at the Pelennor Fields, to the end.

Moulin Rouge.
Not the first couple of times I saw it though. The end did, eventually.

The Lion King
West End stage show. Overwhelming to the max.

The Lord of the Rings
West End stage show. Overwhelming beyond the max.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Book. Funeral scene.

Torchwood: Children of Earth
The final episode scenes - trying to save the children as the soldiers attempt to take them, and Jack's daughters pleas.

Other things in life make it happen too. Saying goodbye to people close to me, for example.
There's probably more things from film/tv, but I can't think of them. Or don't want to make myself seem like any more of a teary idiot than I already am.

Atlantean-Squid
17-10-09, 19:51
These days, there isn't much in the way of film or book or game which can make me actually cry. In fact, I think the last film I cried at was Star Wars Episode III - because of the plot, believe it or not, and not because I thought the film was bad.

Legend of Lara
17-10-09, 20:12
oh i also cried at the end of spyro: dawn of the dragon

i thought spyro had died and the song was so beautiful - i was thinking 'wow i grew up playing as this little guy and he's just died in love'
i can actually say i was heartbroken

if anyone wants to see il post a vid xx

Spyro died way before Dawn of the Dragon. It's true! He died at the end of Year of the Dragon. He never came back... :(

ArigatoGozymas
18-10-09, 05:50
really ?!

Ikas90
18-10-09, 05:56
Anything in a movie or video game that involves either heartbreak or joy, makes me cry, lol.

Final Fantasy X, Titanic, Ladder 49 and The Notebook are good examples. No song comes to mind atm though. Songs don't really get me that much.

Hawke1000
18-10-09, 07:31
Pokemon Movie 3 - Spell of the Unown

Last Scene - I almost cried when Entei left Molly (I was 13 though...)

The Lion King

The scene when Mufasa dies, I felt like crying then

Bioshock Ending (Good Ending)

The last scene, after beating the game, when they show you become very old, lying in a bed and all the little girls (Grown up by then) you saved before hold your bony hand together - that scene was a bit too moving for me, it was beautiful, I would've cried but held it back...

Cristina
18-10-09, 09:32
The ending scene from Final fantasy X!:(

Cheenie
18-10-09, 10:26
Songs
'Installation' from TRL soundtrack. O_o;
Voyage by Ayumi Hamasaki

Movies
I think I almost cried when I seen the ending of Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone >< I was like 10/12 though

Games
None

Johnnay
18-10-09, 10:34
Auld Lang Syne: the song In SATC da movie

the man who I imagined in love with. I haven't talked to him for a long time. He doesn't wanna talk to me so then why do you have me on fb then. But he's still cute.

Changeling
18-10-09, 10:41
Games:

Final Fantasy IX - The Ending. Cried with happiness really. :p

Final Fantasy X - The Ending and Yuna's Speech. OMG. :eek:

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - The Ending. There was something so sad about seeing Lara walk through that dark entrance...

Movies:

Titanic - Who hasn't cried at this film?

The Village - When Ivy sings a lullaby to her sister. For some reason that made me cry so much.

Snow White: The Fairest of Them All - When the Queen in the form of Snow White's mother spoke to her while offering the apple. And the ending.

TV Shows:

Ugly Betty - When Ignacio had a heart attack, when Betty and Hilda cried together on the street, the list goes on really. That show's a blubberfest.

Gimme Gimme Gimme - The show's ending. :(

CroftGameGirl
18-10-09, 10:47
You cried at Death Note? I was cheering, actually. :p

Shame on you! :mad:

Nah, I'm joking :p I thought it was sad! Practically everyone dies! D:

And one more thing, the ending of FFVII: Advent Children. :P

Minimus
18-10-09, 10:58
Game(s) :

None

Movie(s) :

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 5 Episode 22: The Gift

Cartoon(s) :

None

Song(s) :

Suite from "Hush": Silent Night / First Kiss / Enter The Gentlemen / Schism - "The Cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
The Lonely Shepherd - Gheorghe Zamfir

cool_omar
18-10-09, 11:02
GAMES : MGS 4

MOVIES: titanic , 1000 mabrouk(egyptian movie :P)

SONGS: none

BOOKs: a thousand splended days :(

Legend of Lara
18-10-09, 11:03
Shame on you! :mad:

Nah, I'm joking :p I thought it was sad! here be spoilars

And one more thing, the ending of FFVII: Advent Children. :P

He had it coming. He so had it coming.

CroftGameGirl
18-10-09, 11:04
He had it coming. He so had it coming.

Duh, but still. :ton:

G_iz4GIR
19-10-09, 03:48
When people yell and/or get mad at me (i'm extremely sensitive).

Example: I was at The Brazoria County Fair with my sister and we were riding rides together. We got on a ride where you have to get in a thing that holds two people.....whatever. I don't know what it's called. Well she got in first and when I got in I grabbed onto that bar that you pull over you to keep you from falling out. Well when I grabbed it, I didn't expect it to come down so easily. It hit my sister really hard on the head. Then she stared yelling at me saying, "What the :cen: is wrong with you?!!!!!!"

I didn't enjoy the ride; when it was over, we didn't talk to each other for a while.

When someone tries to talk to me while I l'm trying not to cry, it makes me cry.

My sister started saying something and I started crying. Out in public! I don't think anyone saw me though. Good thing, too. She swa that I started crying so she apoligized for yelling at me.

I'm such a crybaby. Been that way my whole life. Which hasn't actually been that long.

Squibbly
19-10-09, 03:58
^ If someone starts talking to me when I'm trying not to cry, I'll start to cry also. It's okay, I know how you feel. :) I'm sensitive, too.

As for other things that have made me cry... lots of things throughout my life. :p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-10-09, 03:59
The movie "Up", I almost lost it like 3 times.

Squibbly
19-10-09, 04:01
The movie "Up", I almost lost it like 3 times.

OMG I know. Me too. :(

ArigatoGozymas
23-10-09, 22:16
Games:
Final Fantasy X - The Ending and Yuna's Speech. OMG. :eek:

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - The Ending. There was something so sad about seeing Lara walk through that dark entrance...

Movies:

Titanic - Who hasn't cried at this film?

THOSE ARE THE BEST CHOICES AND SPECIAL The Angel Of Darkness I forgot to mention it but it was the most effective Tomb Raider ever ... I wish for a remake, but a worthy one that meets the games superior position. and Yuna's speech is *TEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS* ammmazing. OH God I'm crying now as I remembered this scene.

Titanic is a movie you watch when u wanna cry :P IT'S AWESOME and the most effective parts is when she says I'll never let go when she let's Jack's dead boy drown and going forward till when the old Rose tosses her Necklace overboard, and when she dies and her soul follows him to the ship.

MiCkiZ88
23-10-09, 22:23
Not really a movie or a game, but last year at the airport when going back to finland and leaving Mitch behind.. it did break my heart. Painfully long two months to wait before I could come back here. I didn't cry at the airport, at the plane nor on the bus back home, but I did in bed. Completely alone.

30seconds2sasa
24-10-09, 17:30
movies:titanic cartoons:the king lion,the land before time....i love them these movies really made me cry....

tampi
24-10-09, 17:54
Often, all kind of good feelings make me cry.

ArigatoGozymas
31-10-09, 18:42
Often, all kind of good feelings make me cry.

Me too :D

Legend of Lara
31-10-09, 21:15
I was close to tears, but I didn't cry. But Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, episode 17 has left me in a state of shock. Episode 18 will doubtlessly do the same.

EDIT-
Episode 18 did the same.

larasbestm8
31-10-09, 22:46
The flippin' York dungeons! >.<

I may act tough but I'm such a wuss its unbelievable. I ended up clinging to the arm of a friend's friend (who was a guy) and gave him the wrong impression and he made a move, and it was that which tipped me over the edge and i started crying.

DAMN NATHAN FOR BEING LATE!!! >.<

irishhips
31-10-09, 22:50
I cried at "Marley & Me". :(

Angel666
31-10-09, 23:01
animal dealths make my sad and human deaths make me angry...

It was actually the butt of his pistol.

Anywho,

I hate movies that make me cry but a few that did were:

Saving Private Ryan, God that got to me. :(

That movie where Gerard Butler dies and sends his wife letters, it's name escapes me. My cousin forced me to watched it and I was depressed for a week after that. I'm still ****ed about it.

Books:

Harry Potter series. :o Particularly six.

Songs:

Elliott Smith makes me depressed so I don't listen to it often.

Veronica by Elvis Costello. Look up the video on Youtube. It's about his grandmother with Alzheimers. It reminds me of my own grandma so that might be why.

Twisted Steel - Ian Hunter. It's about Sept. 11. Didn't make me cry but it did make me sad.

Nerd For Life
31-10-09, 23:03
That movie where Gerard Butler dies and sends his wife letters, it's name escapes me. My cousin forced me to watched it and I was depressed for a week after that. I'm still ****ed about it.

That'll be PS - I love you. I loved the book, I never saw the movie though.

M.A.
31-10-09, 23:23
Titanic.

No, not because of Jack & Rose. I don't give a damn about them. But my tears were for this specific three scenes: the girl crying in a corner until being picked up by Rose fiancÚ as a ticket to get on the boat (i pity the kid losing a family) , the scene where a mother trying to put her kids to sleep when she gave up hope trying to get out from the lower class deck and the older couple hugging each other while water is rushing in under them...

Damn, I'm tearing up now..... :(

Nerd For Life
31-10-09, 23:24
Titanic.

[...]

and the older couple hugging each other while water is rushing in under them...

That part made me cry so hard. :hug:

WCookie
31-10-09, 23:32
Titanic.

No, not because of Jack & Rose. I don't give a damn about them. But my tears were for this specific three scenes: the girl crying in a corner until being picked up by Rose fiancÚ as a ticket to get on the boat (i pity the kid losing a family) , the scene where a mother trying to put her kids to sleep when she gave up hope trying to get out from the lower class deck and the older couple hugging each other while water is rushing in under them...

Damn, I'm tearing up now..... :(

Yep, that part of the film always made me cry.

At least they "died" together and with the ones they "loved"

lara c. fan
08-11-09, 17:18
Marley and me.
The whole ending

lara croft TR
09-11-09, 06:13
I always cry when a character that I like dies ... :(

Ilie_Fusarau
09-11-09, 06:22
I always cry when a character that I like dies ... :(
*Imagines what it would be like to cry every time Lara dies* :vlol::p

Drone
09-11-09, 06:28
smoke candles make me cry :( *sniffs*

Kiss-Bite
09-11-09, 08:49
The last time I shed a tear was watching a cutting edge documentary a week or so ago on channel 4, It was called, Katie:My beautiful face. The documentary followed a young woman's, a model & budding TV presenter, first steps of recovery after being viciously attacked with acid being thrown in her face, destroying it. The horrific attack was down to her obsessive jealous ex-boyfriend who she had only known in person for two weeks. Her bravery was very inspiring & the whole documentary was very touching. Did anyone else see it?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-face

ajrich17901
09-11-09, 09:45
Right now only one thing, my best friend was supposed to be getting out of the army and he got stop lossed. Overseas in 9 months..

TR love
09-11-09, 10:10
Death Note
1. When L dies, i still cry myself to sleep over it.
2. When Matsuda goes crazy in the last episode and is all like "DIE LIGHT!" Coz hes adorable and its sad to see him so sad...

KIKO
09-11-09, 13:13
Songs
Sia - I Go To Sleep
Within Temptation - Memories

There's something emotional and strong about those songs, they remind me of certain stuff :o

Nannonxyay
09-11-09, 14:56
The last time I shed a tear was watching a cutting edge documentary a week or so ago on channel 4, It was called, Katie:My beautiful face. The documentary followed a young woman's, a model & budding TV presenter, first steps of recovery after being viciously attacked with acid being thrown in her face, destroying it. The horrific attack was down to her obsessive jealous ex-boyfriend who she had only known in person for two weeks. Her bravery was very inspiring & the whole documentary was very touching. Did anyone else see it?

I caught the last half hour. It was heartbreaking to see what the poor girl went through, but it was uplifting to know that she was slowly recovering and returning to normal life. I felt so much compassion for the girl and although it didn't move me to tears, it still made me upset. :(

The last film I cried at was Jennifer's Body. :yik:

The part where Needy's boyfriend dies and when Needy stabs Jennifer near the end and her mum is holding her dead body and crying.

Chocola teapot
09-11-09, 15:54

That made me so angry and upset! :mad::( If I met him, I'd slaughter the *******!