PDA

View Full Version : Who here likes/doesn't like/ hates/ your parents

Johnnay
20-10-09, 11:03
As the title says

for me I don't like them particularly my dad. His attitude towards me is simple. ****, useless and what he did in his life he is trying to pass it onto me which is failing
I get treated like a 2 year old child in my life and my dad and mom threaten to kick me out of the house nearly everyday.

I am forced to go to the gym everyday and my dad can call the police and they can remove me from my home.

Believe me. I'm upset. I'm angry. I have enough of my life.

Discuss any similar experiences ppl:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-10-09, 11:05
I love my parents. <3

My Mom and I have our times where we don't get along, but most of the time we do, anyway. :)

Paddy
20-10-09, 11:05
I love my parents well most people do and I like them, I get along with both of mine, one puts a roof over my head so definitely cannot complain about that, IMO noone can really complain too much because they do provide most people a home.

Carbonek_0051
20-10-09, 11:10
I love my mother, and my Grandfather is basically a father to me. He raised me and gave me everything a child needed growing up.:)

As for my real father, we are not close. But that is personal, and I would rather not discuss why.

Alex Shepherd
20-10-09, 11:13
I do love them of course...

My mother is everything to me and my father too, but we aren't close to each other but he's my father after all...

So I love them :)

Raider Man

DREWY
20-10-09, 11:19
You only get one set, and when they're gone they're gone. They may not be perfect, but then again, you never came with instructions either.
Make the most of the time you have with them. You have less time than you think...

iraidt
20-10-09, 11:25
I love my parents, I just dont agree with most things my dad does! But I love them and they have always tried to give the best to me and my sister!

john_york
20-10-09, 11:31
I love my Dad to pieces. He's a fantastic person and I consider myself lucky to have him as such a prominent figure in my life.

I don't have any relationship with my mother any more, however. Lots of reasons, none of which I'd particularly like to go into here.

Lara Croft!
20-10-09, 11:32
I adore my mum, I have no contact with my father.

Nenya awakens
20-10-09, 11:35
Havent spoken to my mum in a long time, and i dont plan on ever doing so again, she has had far to many chances and destroyed each and every one of them.

My nan raised me for most of my life and we have a very good mother/son relationship.

Me and my dad never used to get on, but now we get on really well.. we have our moments but doesn't everyone?

Ada the Mental
20-10-09, 11:38
I have a great relatiosnhip with both of them, they're fantastic people and good parents.

xx_Hunt_xx
20-10-09, 11:46
My mum is my best friend :) i love her so much, would have no idea what id do without her.
Im close to my dad aswell, we share the same music intrests and humour.
I dont think i could ever hate my parents.

Ikas90
20-10-09, 11:47
My parents are good I suppose. Well my mother is, definitely. My dad didn't have a bright childhood, but never treated me too horribly. The way he acts sometimes can relate to that, but he's not really a bad person. He could be better though.

Dennis's Mom
20-10-09, 11:49
My mother was my best friend until she died in 93. I still miss her everyday.

My dad is still around and is doing well. He was the greatest dad to have as a kid. There was nothing he didn't know and nothing he couldn't fix. I wish he didn't live five hours away.

TR love
20-10-09, 11:58
I read this thread name and thought "OOhh mee! I do i do!!"

Sounds harsh but you dont live in my household (and being at that teenage parent hating stage isnt very helpful)

Archetype
20-10-09, 12:20
I love my mum,

my dad I just feel sorry for.

Catapharact
20-10-09, 12:27
If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't have had a chance to live the fulfilling life I live, and I wouldn't have had the support I need when it seemed like I had to swim against the current to achieve what I had to achieve.

I owe them my life. That's something I can never repay back.

violentblossom
20-10-09, 13:52
I love both of my parents, and my stepfather, but my mother has recently said some extremely hurtful things about me, and so I'm more than a little upset with her.

LaraCroftRox
20-10-09, 14:15
Hate my ''dad''. My mum, kind of a weird relationship. Half the time she's a ***** the other half she's really nice... :confused:

NemesisxAngelus
20-10-09, 14:38
While I can't stand my mom, I love my dad. He's seriously the only man I can be my own self without worrying being judged for my weird outbursts. :o

AmericanAssassin
20-10-09, 14:44
I have a love/hate relationship with my parents. It simply depends on the day. :)

igonge
20-10-09, 14:46
Love my mum.

Dad... what dad?

Cloe Christina
20-10-09, 14:48
Love my mum.

Dad... what dad?

100% true for me as well .....:(

LaraCroftRox
20-10-09, 14:52
Love my mum.

Dad... what dad?

100% true for me as well .....:(

Agreed.

GenyaArikado
20-10-09, 14:53
My father sucks as a father, My mother, Grandma and Uncle raised me and my brothers(I kinda raised my brothers too, I helped to change their dirty diapers when I was 5 and my father left my mom)

Love my mum.

Dad... what dad?

thirded

tombraiderluka
20-10-09, 14:56
My parents are the best, we have conflicts sometimes, but that's minor. They're both childish, both love music, both amazing supporters and whatever I do in my life I dedicate to them and my friends :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
20-10-09, 15:02
i love my parents but i sometimes have disagreements with my step-parents

i can tell anything to my mum, my dad is always there.

scoopy_loopy
20-10-09, 15:05
I dont know what to think of my parents. I love my Mum, but shes running away from everything that reminds her of my dad. and I mean literally, she ran back to her home town, she runs away from anything deemed "upper class" and is embracing her hard work and not so highly earning new husband.

Whereas my father is an alco who is a total ******* when he's had too much to drink, but at the same time Im going to need him to pay my bills next year whilst Im in the city at university and I also think he's quite okay in the morning before he starts drinking.

Im always either running back to, or away from my parents :p

msalpha2omega
20-10-09, 15:10
I love my parents....! They are really cool and I feel like I can tell them ANYTHING!!!! Seriously, I've never lied to them, and even if I did sometimes, I felt bad immediately and told them the truth!!!!!

Marianna12
20-10-09, 15:28
I LOVE my parents! They're great!
My mum is like my best friend, I can tell her everything! She's like a child, loves dancing and has a great sense of humour! :D
My dad is more serious, but he's such a nice person!!!:)
I can't stand having a fight with both of them!:hug:

Cochrane
20-10-09, 15:40
I love them both and wouldn't trade them for anything. They did ask me to fix their network way too often, which was annoying, but since they switched to a different brand of router, I have no problem at all with them anymore.

Reggie
20-10-09, 15:43
I love my parents. :)

Chocola teapot
20-10-09, 15:49
I Love My Mum and dad! :D

Joely-Moley
20-10-09, 16:03
I hated my father for years, until very recently in fact but I decided it wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth the energy, and I have managed to let go. Although we haven't spoke in nearly 5 years apart from an awkward phone call when he somehow managed to track me down. I have moved on.

I loved my mom with all my heart and still miss her everyday. She was an amazing woman.

Lost_Soul
20-10-09, 16:07
Well I never knew my father cause he died when i was very little. But I do love my mom. And my grandma beause she practically raised me. :)

peeves
20-10-09, 16:13
I like my dad but my mother i don't like as much when i lived with her she used to nag me alot about me checking my blood sugar often. And my dad's parents died before i was even born.

SGRaider
20-10-09, 16:14
I love them! <3
Yes, there are times when we don't get along(especially with dad), but we can't stand not talking to each other for long.

Nannonxyay
20-10-09, 16:34
I would say that me and my dad are closer than me and my mum. My mum isn't a very motherly person. She's often stuck in her own little world but she does care about me, she just doesn't show it much and often is quite ignorant. Me and my dad are so alike that we often clash and have arguments, but when we don't argue we're really close and talk about things I wouldn't be able to talk to my mum about because she just doesn't understand. She's not a very emotional person and doesn't know how to react to my emotions, whereas my dad does.

I admire my dad a lot. Sometimes I can be a right little ***** and say nasty things to him which I don't mean, but I know he will forgive me in like two hours of me saying it. We joke around and talk a lot and we're generally very close. I feel like he's my best friend in a way because my friends my age seem to not talk to me much. I mean sure, I talked to them when I was in school, but now I'm not, I barely speak to them and they never invite me out or anything, but to be honest I don't mind because I know that I can spend more time with my dad and make the most of the time we have together.

remote91
20-10-09, 16:40
I love my mum,

my dad I just feel sorry for.
Same, although my mother has her moments which make me question our relationship.

scion05
20-10-09, 16:44
I love them both, but I much prefer my mum, and would never ever go to live with my dad.

My dad is just an overdrinking loser. Seriously. Get a life, nobody needs to start on cans at 10.30 in the morning...

Arse.

Kelly Craftman
I never knew my mother, she died when i saw 2 years old

and well for my Dad :rolleyes: just say i wouldn't care if he died right now

EscondeR
You only get one set, and when they're gone they're gone. They may not be perfect, but then again, you never came with instructions either.
Make the most of the time you have with them. You have less time than you think...

This :tmb:

Draco
20-10-09, 16:45
I'd have preferred never to meet my mother.

Tear
20-10-09, 16:46
I love my parents.:)
Though, I'll admit that my mother isn't the smartest person. I agree with my father on many things, he's such a smart man.

Peanut
20-10-09, 16:59
I Love my parents, they may be annoying at times, but they are always fun! <3

marla_biggs
20-10-09, 17:04
Yeah they're ok.. could be a lot worse. x

maniakatosheto
20-10-09, 17:22
Well.. I live with my dad for like 8 years... But these 8 years have been really lonely.. Everytime i need emotional support i don't get it ... >.< all i get is yelled at for almost everything, I never get to go out with my friends (who are at my age) I have a hour to come home -.-. He promises alot of stuff but never does them. Doesn't let me sleep over, or let friends sleep over. He doesn't let me leave the city to go to other locations with buddies >.< , doesn't let me go camping .. Pretty much i don't get a sweet piece of childhood and teen hood. But I still love him as much as he insults me i'll always love him <3

]{eith
20-10-09, 17:28
I have a great relationship with my parents. I couldn't even say that we argue occasionally cause we really don't.

Lara's home
20-10-09, 17:36
I have a great relationship with my parents. My father is basically a friend (not in a bad way, he is responsible etc), and my mother is .. well, my mother.
One of the greatest things with them is that they don't really stop me from drinking. They say that they are against it, but they know everyone does it, and they did too, and as long as I don't get waisted (which I don't), they are okay with it.
That's one of the reasons I feel great with my parents. :D

adventurerLara
20-10-09, 18:20
My parents are almost always supportive of me, but that isn't to say I haven't had my fair share of dislike towards them.

Nerd For Life
20-10-09, 18:58
I love my mother, although she depends her fiancÚ a lot even though when he's being unfair to me. My father died almost 8 years ago, and we clashed a lot but I loved him all the same, and miss him everyday.

lararoxs
20-10-09, 19:12
I love my Mum, pure and simple, she is the best person and friend in the world.:hug:

I wish I could say the same for my father but that is a particularly raw subject.

LaraLuvrrr
20-10-09, 19:13
I have a good relationship with my mother... not as good one with my father..

Lavinder
20-10-09, 19:15
I love both of my parents - sometimes they don't understand me and we get in to arguments and they can sometime be cruel but the provide me with a home, food, and friendship. They may not spoil me and buy me gifts, but I know they still love me. :)

TTV
20-10-09, 19:18
I love my parents. Though my dad can be an annoying pain in the ass. But he and my mother mean the world to me. ♥

tampi
20-10-09, 19:27
I love them and understand a few more each day. If not, I try to do.

jackles
20-10-09, 19:37
Poor old parents. Always getting it wrong. Making mistakes and mislaying the set of instructions that come with every child, being too strict...too lenient...expecting their child to always be the best..not understanding when the bundle of love they brought up with such care dyes their hair blue and hangs out with every bad'un in town......

Being a parent is a hard job. You feed/clothe/clean/love this little person and then they stretch against your rules..test those boundaries...

I had a really tough upbringing...but I can look back and see that my parents were human and messed up despite caring about me. I can't sit here hating them...what would that serve expect to twist my soul. So I let it go...move on.....become a good parent myself or atleast try too.

Nerd For Life
20-10-09, 19:39
Poor old parents. Always getting it wrong. Making mistakes and mislaying the set of instructions that come with every child, being too strict...too lenient...expecting their child to always be the best..not understanding when the bundle of love they brought up with such care dyes their hair blue and hangs out with every bad'un in town......

Being a parent is a hard job. You feed/clothe/clean/love this little person and then they stretch against your rules..test those boundaries...

I had a really tough upbringing...but I can look back and see that my parents were human and messed up despite caring about me. I can't sit here hating them...what would that serve expect to twist my soul. So I let it go...move on.....become a good parent myself or atleast try too.

Words can't express how much I love this post, Jackles. :hug:

tampi
20-10-09, 19:51
Being a parent is very very very strange.
One day, you walk into a hospital, and, in a moment, you're a parent!! :confused:

:D:cln:

Beans-Bot
20-10-09, 20:43
Of course. We don't have a perfect relationship, but hey, at least I'm not physically beaten or verbally abused like some kids. My condolences go out to the forum members that have bad relationships with their parents. :hug:

TR93
20-10-09, 21:59
I love both my parents and my sister:hug:
sure my parents can get annoying but they are only trying to protect me:hug: Im glad I have good parents...
Most of the time;)... the dont seem to realize me and my sister are growing up so much now:)

Dark Lugia 2
20-10-09, 22:12
I love my parents to pieces, but it doesnt mean we never argue, but it by no means makes me hate them.

tranniversary119
20-10-09, 22:15
After seeing other people's parents I totally am thankful for what I have. There parents, they nag me sometimes, they're nice to me other times, it's part of the growing up process and it's part of their job. But no matter what I love them both, even if my dad can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Azerutan
20-10-09, 22:31
I know my parents hate me and they did everthing in their power to show it to me.

Nowadays, I don't hate them back, honestly, I just pity them. My life goes on and they're not part of it. Unfortunately, that's the fact of my life but I got rid of that anger towards them I had on my early-teen days and I'm a much better person now :)

I know I deserve much more than what they did to me.

larafan25
20-10-09, 22:33
I love my parents, sometimes they get on my nervs but who's doesn't:)

Spong
20-10-09, 22:35
Hate my mother (we've not spoken in years). Never met my father.

Rai
20-10-09, 22:42
I love all three of my parents. My Mum is in France and hasn't spoken to me since she was here in July and I don't know why. Both my Dad and Step-dad have past away, Dad in '05 and Terry in '07. I got on well with both of them but my Step-dad was an opinionated so and so and biting my tongue was a must around him. :p

As for my two sisters, one is wherever she is (Scotland I think) and despite my best efforts doesn't want anything to do with her 'past' and refuses to talk to anyone. She even married a guy claiming to be an only child and an orphan :rolleyes: . My other sister whom I loved very much even though we were like chalk and cheese, past away in '06.

Megalith
20-10-09, 23:04
I love my parents very much but i haven't really realized how much supportive and helpful they were in my life until i was 25-26 (i'm 34 now.)
Now that they are both quite old i regret that i haven't spend much time with them when i was younger.

So at least now,every time i return to Greece i try to devote more time with them and the rest of my family than the time i spend with my friends.

patriots88888
20-10-09, 23:14
I do love them of course...

My mother is everything to me and my father too, but we aren't close to each other but he's my father after all...

So I love them :)

Raider Man

I can definitely relate to what you say here. It was/is exactly the same for myself.

My Mom has always been there for me if I ever needed. She really is the world's greatest Mom! :gki: :hug:

irjudd
20-10-09, 23:15
My 'rents are fine. Mom has always been a bit naggy, and dad is rough around the edges. They're just trying to get by and I do my best to help out when I can.

ChingKong
20-10-09, 23:17
my mom is my life. I love her to death.. shes always been there and i can count on her for everything shes very understanding...i love her so much

i love my dad....but uhh.....yea...he was abusive to my siblings and my mother so....i dnt talk to him much

Catracoth
20-10-09, 23:31
I love my parents. We might not always see eye to eye, but they've always been good to me and I try to do the same.

toughraid3r37
20-10-09, 23:59
I love my parents!! :D.
Of course there is the occasional attitude problems lol.

miss.haggard
21-10-09, 00:44

:tmb: Times a million. I used to not get along with my parents, but as of a few years ago a tide was turned. Im still not very comfortable around them, I cant believe some kids are "best friends" with their parents, I can hardly confide in mine. But maybe thats just me?

For the most part, I love them, theyve raised me good, gave me all the opportunities they could offer, and have stood by my side. If I could ever be half the parent they were, Id be happy.

Tombraiderx08
21-10-09, 00:59
My folks are pretty cool :cool: I love em dearly :hug:

MattTR
21-10-09, 01:02
I dislike some of the things they do sometimes, but I don't hate them.. hate is a strong word you know.. ;)

And that's all I really have to say.. :p

It's natural our parents drive us crazy though.. :whi:

Paddy
21-10-09, 01:04
I dont see how anyone who has parents in their life can use the word hate, hating anyone let alone the ones who brought you into this world seems harsh, dislike or not forgiving perhaps is more fair.

Sir Croft
21-10-09, 01:20
I love my parents! My mother is like the ultimate person in the world to me.
My father, on the other hand, isn't what I would call a good father, we often have problems and he always seems to be trying to **** me the hell off, but I can't deny he's done a lot for me and I still love him.

January_Snow*
21-10-09, 02:05
My mom is the best, and I love her to death, and I defenatley consider her as a best friend... My dad is cool to, but sometimes he starts lecturing me and boring me, but I still love him.

EmeraldFields
21-10-09, 04:26
I love my parents.:D

My Mom and I get along pretty well. We occasionally disagree over certain things and we get annoyed at one another, but it doesn't become a huge fight or anything.

My Dad is alright. I don't get him at all and he acts really weird. I just try to stay out of the way most of the time and be nice to him when we're together.

Paddy
21-10-09, 04:38
I love my dads side of the family because they have time for us kids, my mums side apart from a couple, dont really give a ****.

Johnnay
05-11-09, 05:03
I love my dads side of the family because they have time for us kids, my mums side apart from a couple, dont really give a ****.

same here except vice versa

anyways my parents all of a sudden think that i spend too much money every day on food, that what they think about, seriously they are ****edthey just accuse me on this when they in fact have no proof, thye are bull**** artists and my dad says stuff which in his fact his own opinion, hmph doesnt mean i have to follow him.

pffffffff they think they have the right to know what i spend on, food food food they ****en dont have the right to know, im saving heaps of money and you all can say is ****

thats my parents

NEXT

scoopy_loopy
05-11-09, 05:13
^ Rage much?

I dont really care about anything these days, so whatever :) My philosophy on life is simply to "Do a Cassie". You should try it.

Oh wow. :D

Paddy
05-11-09, 05:15
Parents are entitled to know what youre upto moneywise, especially if you are still under their roof paying rent.
If you dont like being there then move out.

Johnnay
05-11-09, 05:25
^ Rage much?

I dont really care about anything these days, so whatever :) My philosophy on life is simply to "Do a Cassie". You should try it.

Oh wow. :D

whats a Cassie?

and Paddy ive definitely heard that from my dad

scoopy_loopy
05-11-09, 05:29
whats a Cassie?

and Paddy ive definitely heard that from my dad

It would be impossible to discuss the depth of her character if you didnt already know her and what she's from...

But basically, just stop caring about them and their opinions, you're you.

laracroftswest
05-11-09, 06:33
I love both, but I can say I get along with my father more than my mother. But I hardly fight with either.

pEhouse
05-11-09, 10:29
I used to be a daddy's girl, but as always in life, things change, and now I hardly talk to him. When he calls I can't get myself to answer the phone or when he wants to see me I make up excuses why I can't come.

My mom is different. During puberty i could not stand her, don't ask me why, but as soon as she came in the room i had to leave because i just couldn't stand being in there with her. That was a long time ago, and we have worked out everything that happened back then, now we are very close and of course i love her.

Maybe i should add that my parents are divorced and neither of us lives together.

Tomb-Dude
05-11-09, 12:23
My Dad - Done my head in but for me it's more like your my dad i like you but for (personal reasons) I can't stand you for it :\

My mum - No matter how much i hate her at times she's always been there and my fav parents =]

But i love them both coz they are my parents and will always be there :\

Tommy123
05-11-09, 12:33
I love my parents

They are amazing and act like teenagers sometimes lol. We do have our moments but we always work through them,

LightningRider
05-11-09, 13:19
I adore both my parents. They love me, but lately they have been fighting. I'm actually lashing out sometimes saying they're ruining mine more then they do to theirs... :o

TRfan23
05-11-09, 15:58
I love my parents, but in the past year they have been annoying.

My mums emotional (She always gets upset about minor things...), my dad's dim witted & controlling :( But not nasty, mostly timid imo.

Which really irritates me sometimes... :(

Then again my nan's in a nursing home suffering from dementia, whilst my grandad's an abusive **** :( Which explains my mum's emotional state, and which I is why I get annoyed with myself as I'm blaming my mum for acting that... when she's been abused by him in her past... long story.

Chocola teapot
05-11-09, 16:43
I Lurve Ma Mum and Dad! :D

Larapink
05-11-09, 16:45
I actually wish I knew my real father, the one I was lead to believe was a idiot. I wish I had a better father! :(

Very personal details that was but I just wanted to say. :(

Changeling
05-11-09, 16:47
I love my parents, they've always supported me through thick and thin, and I think the fact that they were young when they had me strengthens our relationship because I feel that they understand me more (though not all of the time). I don't see my dad as much as I used to, and I haven't spoken to him in quite a while, but he's still my dad at the end of the day.

mind
05-11-09, 16:51
I like my parents but thats it... they should have bought a dog if they had wanted someone more thankful...

I appreciate what they have done for me but i dont feel like there is my turn... I want to move out of this state and seeing them once a year its enough for me... I would have done everything I could if my help was needed but not because those are the people i care about, but just because those are my parents...

you may consider me a bad person for this but its so me... i hate the fact that when i am feeling lonely i am NEVER lonely

btw my relationship with the parents its great, the deal is i am not family oriented at all.... i am totally selfish when it comes to the most of people

Kerrigan
06-11-09, 13:07
I love them because they're my parents and sometimes they're awesome anyway, but there are times when they seem medieval and annoy me to no end.

Johnnay
06-11-09, 19:14
I actually wish I knew my real father, the one I was lead to believe was a idiot. I wish I had a better father! :(

Very personal details that was but I just wanted to say. :(

same here
:(

TRULuverzz
06-11-09, 19:39
i love my mum so much, even if she's mean to me, i cnt hate her because i have the same flesh and blood as her and she also breast fed me so we have a great bond together. as for my father who left me at age 2, i didn't know i ever had a father until i was 6 since then i spend the weekends at dads house up until 2003, but i feel he favors my older sister than me, he never does anything nice for me, he never asks how i'm doing and he always checks up on my sister and wants to see her pictures to see how she grew up but not me! i swear i feel so neglected by my dad that i HATE him, yes i hate him for a reason, for not being the best parent as he could have been, i just wish he would share his daddy love to me i need unconditional love from my dad not just mum :(

Autolycus
06-11-09, 22:51
As the title says

for me I don't like them particularly my dad. His attitude towards me is simple. ****, useless and what he did in his life he is trying to pass it onto me which is failing
I get treated like a 2 year old child in my life and my dad and mom threaten to kick me out of the house nearly everyday.

I am forced to go to the gym everyday and my dad can call the police and they can remove me from my home.

Believe me. I'm upset. I'm angry. I have enough of my life.

Discuss any similar experiences ppl:)

Alot of people whilst growing up are some how embarrassed by their parents it's just something one goes through whilst groing up. I do apologize as i don't know if there is anything more in your story, if not you'll feel different at some point.

Johnnay
25-12-09, 09:06
now im really ****ed off at my dad on christmas day, like even if i gave him a gift because everythings closed tommorow he wants me to go to the gym tomorrow morning and i dont like it if i go to the gym in a morning. i prefer afternoon/evening though.

then he says ****s like, i know more than you, calls me dumb, like just because i dont want to the gym in the morning( which is crap anyway because hardly anyone goes in a morning anyway) he thinks hes superior over me, like thats bull****

but then i tell him its your opinion yeh just bascially i dont have to follow you, and most of the crap he says its his opinion.

I think he is stuck in his own world, but then "your opinions are entitled to your ways" you have a choice to follow it or not and i dont like what my dad says sometimes. Seriously he has to get Psycho.

Aranara
25-12-09, 10:50
I love my parents. <3
Tey supported me in any dumb thing I've been into, including this TR obssesion.

JonnyT
25-12-09, 11:08
I get along very well with my remaining parent :)

Phys
25-12-09, 11:11
I love both of my parents equally :D

Tony9595
25-12-09, 14:34
Amo a mis padres :D

I love both of them, they've done so much for me. Always gave me what I wanted if I deserved it, and gave me the proper education to be a good person out there.

There have been some problems from time to time, but that hasn't stopped us from being a happy family :hug:

30seconds2sasa
25-12-09, 15:24
i love my parents:hug:

tonyme
25-12-09, 16:28
I love my parents, they're amazing people! :hug:

silver_wolf
25-12-09, 22:37
I'm on very good terms with most of my family. A bit odd, considering I have a very dysfunctional family. Maybe it's because I don't give a rat's ass about all their petty arguments and grudges.

Chocola teapot
25-12-09, 22:42
I love my Ma' <3

And Dad! <3

VictorXD
25-12-09, 23:07
I love my Mama!!1
My dad not so such:( He's such a pain in the *** >.<

larafan25
26-12-09, 02:30
I love my parents and there parents:)

Hairhelmet12
26-12-09, 04:32
I love my parents. we have our times, but who dosent?

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-12-09, 05:38
I've always been very close with my parents, but lately my mom and I have not been getting along at all. It's been rough. Our personalities are completely opposite. I'm very laid back and quiet, but she's high strung and loud. When we get along, we're best friends, but when we don't... it's absolute hell. She doesn't like it because when we argue, I just want to walk away and not deal with it, but I get mad at her because she wants to yell and vent. I absolutely hate yelling. For me, it shows lack of self control and ignorance, yet that's her method of getting her point across. On the other hand, she gets mad at me for taking the quiet route of just ignoring the argument or walking away. I refuse to yell back, and I most certainly won't sit there and listen to it all the time.

I'm thinking it may be time for me to move out. One can only live at home for so long without these kinds of clashes. Over the past couple of years we've had these phases every once in a while, but I can't handle it anymore, it's driving me crazy. I've talked about moving out for a while now, but she begs me to stay home because she wants me around, but I think the longer I stay here, the more hard feelings we will have. I really need to look into getting my own place, maybe once my brothers leave for boot camp.

Sorry for venting, but I've kept this bottled up for so long, it's got to come out sometime. I love my mom so much, we've been the best of friends for a while now. I love taking her out to lunch or going to the mall, but right now we're going through a conflicting time, and I really don't know what to do about it.

Bleh, it's just so hard to afford living on your own without a roommate, and I really don't want a roommate.

GameGlitcher77
26-12-09, 05:47
All I have to say is there's times when I do get along with my parents, and then there's the times that I don't.

When I do get along with them my household is peaceful.

When I don't it's pratically a warzone. (figuretivly speaking)

:D ;) :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-12-09, 05:50
lol. :p Well in my household, if Mom isn't happy, ain't nobody happy. She'll be sure of that. :vlol:

If I'm not happy I just go to my room and draw, I like my privacy.

GameGlitcher77
26-12-09, 05:54
Well, both me, my mom, and my dad all are extremely difficult in some way. And my dad favors me and my mom favors my sister. So when she does something wrong my mom blames me, and when I do something wrong my dad blames her, and vice versa. When we don't see eye to eye about something well that's pretty much self explantory. :D :whi:

I like my privacy too. In fact of have a sign on my door that reads: "To ensure PRIVACY close the door." :vlol:

Quasimodo
26-12-09, 06:01
I've always been very close with my parents, but lately my mom and I have not been getting along at all. It's been rough. Our personalities are completely opposite. I'm very laid back and quiet, but she's high strung and loud. When we get along, we're best friends, but when we don't... it's absolute hell. She doesn't like it because when we argue, I just want to walk away and not deal with it, but I get mad at her because she wants to yell and vent. I absolutely hate yelling. For me, it shows lack of self control and ignorance, yet that's her method of getting her point across. On the other hand, she gets mad at me for taking the quiet route of just ignoring the argument or walking away. I refuse to yell back, and I most certainly won't sit there and listen to it all the time.

I'm thinking it may be time for me to move out. One can only live at home for so long without these kinds of clashes. Over the past couple of years we've had these phases every once in a while, but I can't handle it anymore, it's driving me crazy. I've talked about moving out for a while now, but she begs me to stay home because she wants me around, but I think the longer I stay here, the more hard feelings we will have. I really need to look into getting my own place, maybe once my brothers leave for boot camp.

Sorry for venting, but I've kept this bottled up for so long, it's got to come out sometime. I love my mom so much, we've been the best of friends for a while now. I love taking her out to lunch or going to the mall, but right now we're going through a conflicting time, and I really don't know what to do about it.

Bleh, it's just so hard to afford living on your own without a roommate, and I really don't want a roommate.

From a more 'aggressive' person's POV dealing with someone who tries to avoid conflict (my mom and I are kind of the inverse of you and yours), it's aggravating because you're never quite sure if the other person is really hearing what you're saying. I guess it's kinda different, you never know all the details of how someone else's family dynamic works.

The older you get, the more you realize what a mess your parents are.

My dad and I are a lot alike, including our arguing styles. Every once in a while we'll have a good shouting match with cursing and door slamming (:vlol:) but we're cool again sometimes not even half an hour later. We say exactly what's on our mind, we understand we say harsh stuff out of anger, and it's water under the bridge.

My mom bottles up a lot of negativity, tends to dwell and dig up the past, and is rather avoidant. If she gets tired enough of hearing someone's noise she'll leave the room or the house for a while, too. I ask direct questions and she goes off on a tangent then a tangent of a tangent. Gah!

We - well at least between me and my mom or dad, not so much between my mom and dad - never stay angry at each other for too long. Maybe folks like me and your mom just need to learn to drop things already, maybe folks who don't like conflict need to be more direct and willing to sit out an argument long enough to hear stuff out :p Who knows.

This has been a tl;dr presentation, brought to you by the Public Bellringer Broadcasting station:ton:

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-12-09, 06:16
From a more 'aggressive' person's POV dealing with someone who tries to avoid conflict (my mom and I are kind of the inverse of you and yours), it's aggravating because you're never quite sure if the other person is really hearing what you're saying. I guess it's kinda different, you never know all the details of how someone else's family dynamic works.

The older you get, the more you realize what a mess your parents are.

My dad and I are a lot alike, including our arguing styles. Every once in a while we'll have a good shouting match with cursing and door slamming (:vlol:) but we're cool again sometimes not even half an hour later. We say exactly what's on our mind, we understand we say harsh stuff out of anger, and it's water under the bridge.

My mom bottles up a lot of negativity, tends to dwell and dig up the past, and is rather avoidant. If she gets tired enough of hearing someone's noise she'll leave the room or the house for a while, too. I ask direct questions and she goes off on a tangent then a tangent of a tangent. Gah!

We - well at least between me and my mom or dad, not so much between my mom and dad - never stay angry at each other for too long. Maybe folks like me and your mom just need to learn to drop things already, maybe folks who don't like conflict need to be more direct and willing to sit out an argument long enough to hear stuff out :p Who knows.

This has been a tl;dr presentation, brought to you by the Public Bellringer Broadcasting station:ton:

lol wow, you hit the nail right on the head with how my mom can be at times. She will yell, scream, andsay hurtful things, yet 20 minutes later she's all smiles and not angry anymore. That boggles my mind to no end. If someone is hurtful or yells at me, it still hurts for a while, and it takes time for me to get over it.

I guess you're right about needing to hear out her argument, but it's very hard to do, especially since she's so loud and likes to yell, and I'm calm and collected. I never have room to fit in a word, and if I do, she yells so loudly and I talk more quietly, so I won't be heard anyway. Which then makes it seem more like she just wants me to sit there while she screams at me and I just have to take it, which I find degrading and I refuse to do it.

I hate conflict, and I avoid it as much as possible. If I could bounce back and not be hurt by some rude things, then I'd be fine, but I guess I'm just sensitive, because when my Mom yells at me, it's very hurtful to me and I'd rather not be around it because I know it will bother me for a while. Once she gets going with her yelling, she goes on and on and on and doesn't know when to stop, that doesn't help either. :p

GameGlitcher77
26-12-09, 06:19
lol wow, you hit the nail right on the head with how my mom can be at times. She will yell, scream, andsay hurtful things, yet 20 minutes later she's all smiles and not angry anymore. That boggles my mind to no end. If someone is hurtful or yells at me, it still hurts for a while, and it takes time for me to get over it.

I guess you're right about needing to hear out her argument, but it's very hard to do, especially since she's so loud and likes to yell, and I'm calm and collected. I never have room to fit in a word, and if I do, she yells so loudly and I talk more quietly, so I won't be heard anyway. Which then makes it seem more like she just wants me to sit there while she screams at me and I just have to take it, which I find degrading and I refuse to do it.

I hate conflict, and I avoid it as much as possible. If I could bounce back and not be hurt by some rude things, then I'd be fine, but I guess I'm just sensitive, because when my Mom yells at me, it's very hurtful to me and I'd rather not be around it because I know it will bother me for a while. Once she gets going with her yelling, she goes on and on and on and doesn't know when to stop, that doesn't help either. :p

And I thought my family was dramatic. :whi: >___>

Johnnay
25-02-10, 02:49
im really ****ed at my parents today

me and my dad were talking about term deposits(because i have to renew mine this week but it expires on a sunday) i wanted to try and see if i can do it today although i knew that it wont happen because last time i reneweed my term deposit last year i wanted to do it a day before the actual date( in which i forgot if it was a sunday or not,, but then my dad got all smart and all and said... oh if you were smart you should have said oh i am busy this week and i dont have time to wait for a friday or a saturday(and banks close on a sunday).... in case my dad was the sore loser on all of this because you cant renew you term deposit if it expires on a sunday on a friday or saturday(something to do with interest rates changing on that day and something to do with maturity, if my term deposit expired on a another day, it could work)

. but still..... my dad thinks hes right, he always thinks hes right. just because you have ****en experienced life your way doesnt mean i have to know whats right and whats wrong.... i dont have to know what is right and whats wrong sometimes from your mouth. i sometimes think that what he tells me is actually true and sometimes not.

but then we argue... and he says i lose because i open my mouth, because i argue. i argue that i was right because i cant renew my Term deposit on a Sunday and i have to wait till monday to do it

and then we shouted at each other(and i was ironing and all) and then he says **** to me about oh have some friends and all, go and find a job, and if we fight oh, you will leave the house, seriously, ALL BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT, BECAUSE LAST YEAR WHEN I RENEWED MY TD I DID IT ON A MONDAY BECAUSE 30TH OF AUGUST( that time it expired) WAS ON A SUNDAY. and yet you say **** to me because you think youre right, him and my mum and wasting my time for me helping them like crap iron shirts, tshirts e.t.c. i was crying. i hate being bullied by my parents like this. and i feel crap because of what they said that i should have better friends form my area, and if i think of someone who hangs out a lot, i feel crap now, i hate it when him and my mum tease me and shout at me this way. i try and ignore them as best as i could....

FML Seriously. i want better parents. i want a job without education, i want to move somewhere out fo Sydney because i dont feel much anymore about the people here.

FMLLLLLLLLLLLLL. i hate being at home all day helping my parents for their business...

TRenTIs
25-02-10, 05:18
:) i like my parents

scremanie
25-02-10, 05:20
I despise my dad. :ohn:

But I love my mum. :hug:

Angel666
25-02-10, 05:52
I think I resent my father more than anything else. He's a drunk with a sense of manly entitlement. I get a long fine with my mother most of the time, even though she enables him.

Paddy
25-02-10, 05:56
Hate is a really strong word, let alone using it to describe your parents, whether or not you like them is different but they did conceive you.

Lukass
25-02-10, 06:42
I love my parents...:) and I'm afraid of the day when they'll gone. I have no brother and sister and I'll be here alone :( I'm thinking about that very often when I am falling asleep :(