PDA

View Full Version : why does next gen have sunglasses

gabrielorie
20-10-09, 16:34
last week i bought a new graphics card and when i use the catsuit and snowsuit they have shades with them unlike the last gen.i know its not a big deal but why didnt the last gen users get the shades:confused:?also why does the game look darker?http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5204/88579339.png

Surohicko
20-10-09, 16:58
Second question would be because you're wearing sunglasses :vlol:

Minimus
20-10-09, 17:21
I was also wondering why young Lara has no hat or scarf in the Next Gen version.

Phlip
20-10-09, 18:15
And also why do next gen players get the braid with the classic and classic grey outfit?

Mystery-King
20-10-09, 19:17
Its simple really. Having reflections in sunglasses require more porgramming and other computer-rubbish. So thats why takamotos sunglasses are soooo... weird. They don't have a reflection the lens cuts through his face so where his eye glass should be its really the background! :D

Minimus
20-10-09, 20:40
And also why do next gen players get the braid with the classic and classic grey outfit?

I play on PS2 and I have the braid when I wear that outfit :confused:

Phlip
20-10-09, 21:00
Yes when you get up to the flashback in peru. I'm clearly talking about when you select it for a level.

gabrielorie
21-10-09, 06:43
So thats why takamotos sunglasses are soooo... weird. They don't have a reflection the lens cuts through his face so where his eye glass should be its really the background! :D[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

takomoto dosent wear glasses.i think you are reffering to nishimoro:).

na_th_an
21-10-09, 09:27
The game looks darker 'cause you have to re-adjust your gamma settings to a correct value.

Mystery-King
21-10-09, 14:38
So thats why takamotos sunglasses are soooo... weird. They don't have a reflection the lens cuts through his face so where his eye glass should be its really the background! :D[/COLOR]

takomoto dosent wear glasses.i think you are reffering to nishimoro:).[/QUOTE]

Yeah that one! Duh! :tea:

Minimus
22-10-09, 17:33
Yes when you get up to the flashback in peru. I'm clearly talking about when you select it for a level.

Yes, I know.

But it's only happened to me once or twice.

Phlip
22-10-09, 18:53
On PS2 if you choose a classic outfit for a level it will never have the braid.

shadow_fire
22-10-09, 19:11
what about xbox?? lol

elizard_9594
18-11-09, 05:27
On PS2 if you choose a classic outfit for a level it will never have the braid.

mine does, and im on PS2. even if i just select it for the level...

Phlip
18-11-09, 22:04

No weird cheats or anything? Just for example playing Bolivia and choosing Classic or Classic Grey gives the braid? It doesn't on my PAL version.

Love2Raid
18-11-09, 23:00

Really? That's interesting. On the PC version (not next-gen) she has the same old boring sticky ponytail for all outfits. I haven't even completed my 360 version so I didn't even know about this in the first place!

CelticGuard
29-11-09, 13:18
Also the England title screen, which does not have the Biker jacket in next gen.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-11-09, 13:19

mine sometimes does i think - its weird :cln:

ozzman
29-11-09, 14:52
since legend was just a port to the 360 the nextgen versions have some differences in the outfits, like the catsuit , and the classic outfit

Damage Inc.
02-12-09, 08:06
In Next-Gen-Mode they probably use a type of shaders that makes the lighting different.
It does have this livelier and more realistic look, even still today.
Cause I do find the "original" graphics to be quite bland and dry.
It's just boring... probably the lack of shading and stuff indeed...

But to answer your question about the shades:
BECAUSE IT'S THE MATRIX MAAAN!...