PDA

View Full Version : Help with tongue piercings?

~*~Chloe~*~
21-10-09, 10:39
I really want my tongue pierced, but I have a really low pain tolerance. Is there any good numbing cream that works. Also I want the tragus done and does that hurt?

Don't reply telling me there gross and not to get them, that's not what I'm asking! ;)

Larson_1988
21-10-09, 10:39
Use an icecube.

Punaxe
21-10-09, 10:59
I would ask your piercer. You never know if icecubes or creams have any additional effects that mess up the piercing or so.

john_york
21-10-09, 11:56
Mine wasn't numbed at all when I had mine pierced. Though, honestly, it didn't really hurt that much. Much less acute pain than biting your tongue. It just feels... weird, more than anything.

It does hurt afterwards, though, for a couple of weeks. Especially once it swells up. But, you can take pain killers for that.

Get it done. I love mine, and am so glad I got it done!

Hyper_Crazy
21-10-09, 20:39
A few of my friends have their tongues done, they said it don't hurt getting it pierced, it only hurts afterwards when its healing.

Catracoth
21-10-09, 20:48
Just relax your tongue, because if you stiffen it will get thick as a muscle and it will hurt a lot; on a scale of one to ten, about a seventeen. To be honest, if you just relax, you'll barely feel it. If you have your ears pierced, you barely felt that right? Just imagine that but with a little more pain, like maybe getting a flu shot kind of pain. It isn't bad at all but it will get sore once it's in for awhile, but that's normal. It should feel better in two to three weeks.

Joely-Moley
21-10-09, 20:52
I think most piercers numb the tongue so you don't feel a thing. Afterwords might be a bit sore though. I have my tragus done, and it numbed so it was nothing.

Nerd For Life
21-10-09, 20:55
I don't know about the tongue, but I had my tragus done and it didn't hurt much.

Nenya awakens
21-10-09, 21:30
I think most piercers numb the tongue so you don't feel a thing. Afterwords might be a bit sore though. I have my tragus done, and it numbed so it was nothing.

When i was piercing i refused to use any kind of numbing solutions on tongues because its a mucas membrane and it's dangerous, you could swallow your tongue.

if you want to have a piercing im afraid your going to have to put up with the pain, i had mine done about 6 years ago and the clamps hurt more then the actual needle.

Joely-Moley
21-10-09, 21:32
When i was piercing i refused to use any kind of numbing solutions on tongues because its a mucas membrane and it's dangerous, you could swallow your tongue.

Weird, I'd never thought about that. Everyone I know had it numbed.

Squibbly
21-10-09, 22:17
Asking the piercer would probably be the best option; I'm sure they'd know best. I have heard it doesn't hurt that much.

As for what Nenya awakens said.. I've heard this, too, about the risk of death. I don't really know much about that, though.

On a side note, I had to look up what a "tragus" was. I had NO idea what you guys were taking about being pierced. Learn something new everyday...

LaraLuvrrr
21-10-09, 22:40
Funny i was gonna say they're gross until I read the end of your post...

I dont know about the pain but i do know that my friend that got it done had her tongue turn a rainbow of colors while it was healing and it got infected so she had a green/purple tongue with puss oozing out of the piercing... and she can't talk right she now sounds like she always has some food in her mouth when she talks

Love2Raid
22-10-09, 20:22
Tongue piercings are not very classy in my opinion, but whatever, itīs your tongue.

I know some people who have their tongue pierced. All of them told me the procedure itself didnīt hurt at all, however afterwards...:eek:

:mis:

:DJason:D
23-10-09, 19:38
hi about your question,i personally would not recommend it,because one of my mates had it done and she now cant speak and probley wont for quite a while.But its your its up to you what you do just some advise :)