PDA

View Full Version : This makes me happy AND sad.

WCookie
25-10-09, 18:47
Well, today I just finished Angel Of Darkness, and what can I say?

WOW, just WOW, really.

This game has a powerfull story , rather misterious. I loved it!
I found the bosses rather easy, killed Boaz in some minutes, the only boss I had problems with were the Brother Obscura.
I'm going to replay it again, with another responses when talking to people so I can see new things, because I completely bypassed Bernard (Parisian Ghetto) and the Garage before Le Serpent Rouge. And never sold anything to Reene :o

I found some odd glitches (Pitch black rooms / Lara's eyeballs) but , as we know, Eidos was utterly bad with Core and released the game earlier for the sake of money, which is quite sad, because they had to cut almost all the game and ... glitches.

Well after all, I can say that people won a new Kurtis & Lara fan, just wait me to get Underworld and XNA to make some pretty poses :mis:

Share your opinions :hug:

Phlip
25-10-09, 18:50
Glad you liked it. :hug: I'm tempted to replay it but I have so many times and I don't want it to loose it's magic.
Unfortunately there aren't any poseable AOD models. :(

lice23
25-10-09, 18:52
I agree. I think that AOD could've been improved loads more! The thing that bugged me the most was the lack of the dual pistols and the glasses. Another thing was the fact that you couldn't use the Chirugai! It's really a shame that they had to hurry up production...

WCookie
25-10-09, 18:56
Glad you liked it. :hug: I'm tempted to replay it but I have so many times and I don't want it to loose it's magic.
Unfortunately there aren't any poseable AOD models. :(

Aww that's bad, but can we use XNA without Underworld?
(Sorry for the offtopic, I'm curious ♪)

I agree. I think that AOD could've been improved loads more! The thing that bugged me the most was the lack of the dual pistols and the glasses. Another thing was the fact that you couldn't use the Chirugai! It's really a shame that they had to hurry up production...

Yup, really bad, I watched the original videos of the Beta Hall of Seasons and... wow, I'd love too see that hall full of skellies and that statue you had to take down.

Even if It was made by Crystal D ( I loove Crystal D creations :D) I would love to see at least the story continued.

But one good thing is that it left what's left from the story to imagine ourselves.

I totally freaked out when I saw Karel Shapeforming :eek:

lice23
25-10-09, 18:59
Lol. I really want them to continue this story. The original AOD was supposed to be a trilogy, but since Core doens't make TR games anymore and CD doesn't want to make anything related to the Core stories and what not, I think we won't be seeing any more Chirugais, Nephilims, etc.
Edit: Yay 100th post! :D

WCookie
25-10-09, 19:01
Lol. I really want them to continue this story. The original AOD was supposed to be a trilogy, but since Core doens't make TR games anymore and CD doesn't want to make anything related to the Core stories and what not, I think we won't be seeing any more Chirugais, Nephilims, etc.

Crap :(

I heard the second game WOULD be called the Lost Dominion :o

It makes me remember of the Lost Domain level, I don't really understand why.

Maybe Crystal will surprise us when we least expect *hopefully* :rolleyes:

Phlip
25-10-09, 19:04
You don't need TRU to run XNA. Read the first post in the thread for info. :)
And I wouldn't want CD touching anymore of Core's games after what they did with TR1.

lice23
25-10-09, 19:04
^Lol!
True! Maybe TR9 might not even be this island story, it might be the continuation! Lost Dominion... It has a nice ring to it... The Lost Domain level was a pita!!!! It took me like 7 times to make that series of sprint jumps.

WCookie
25-10-09, 19:10
You don't need TRU to run XNA. Read the first post in the thread for info. :)
And I wouldn't want CD touching anymore of Core's games after what they did with TR1.

Lmfao, thank you very much :hug:
Yes I know that they cut out lots of things of the original game, but well, maybe they weren't trying that hard / didn't have the right time :(

^Lol!
True! Maybe TR9 might not even be this island story, it might be the continuation! Lost Dominion... It has a nice ring to it... The Lost Domain level was a pita!!!! It took me like 7 times to make that series of sprint jumps.

Lmfao me too, I was like 1 cm far from the door and it closed, it gave me such anger :hea:

lice23
25-10-09, 19:12
Yeah I started swearing like a mad man at Lara!

shadow_fire
25-10-09, 19:17
Yeah I started swearing like a mad man at Lara!

Isnt it funny how we always blame the character and never ourselves jaja

lice23
25-10-09, 19:18
:vlol: I'd press the friggin' sprint button then jump and she'd swan dive to her death!! It would **** me off monumentally!

Your_Envy*
25-10-09, 21:10
I am really glad you enjoyed it! :hug: I love AoD! :) And another Kurtis fan, yay! :jmp: Welcome! :D

abraham
25-10-09, 22:00
Awesome game!

Altair
25-10-09, 22:18
:vlol: I'd press the friggin' sprint button then jump and she'd swan dive to her death!! It would **** me off monumentally!

I forgot all about Sprint. It was one of the upgrades, but I never used it.

Cloe Christina
25-10-09, 22:26
the things i liked
-Lara --- she looks great in this game :D
-Kurtis --- he is a great character and great partner to lara ;)
-Story line --- couldn't asked for better
-Boss battles --- these were actually hard :p

I, Tomb Raider
25-10-09, 22:37
AOD is one of my favorite! I just hope Crystal will continue the saga of AOD. :D:D
I had difficulties killing Boaz but after all,she payed for her stupidity. XD

Cloe Christina
25-10-09, 22:59
AOD is one of my favorite! I just hope Crystal will continue the saga of AOD. :D:D
I had difficulties killing Boaz but after all,she payed for her stupidity. XD

everyone said that they had difficulty with boaz but i don not know what the problem was :confused:
- i did have trouble but that was because i didn't realise you had to change target and shoot her other boils ..... :p ...lol

I, Tomb Raider
25-10-09, 23:05
^ it way the same with me, lol. btw I didn't have ammo and the gameplay was slow.

Cloe Christina
25-10-09, 23:08
i thought the ammo kept re-apearing ?????
i don't remember .... i think for me the worst thing was the red ghost - i needed a walkthrough guide for help with that ...lol

I, Tomb Raider
25-10-09, 23:25
I almost forgot the red ghost. yeah, bad memories with him too. :(
The final boss was pretty easy, but the end with Karel was jaw dropping. :)

rowanlim
26-10-09, 01:17
Well, today I just finished Angel Of Darkness, and what can I say?

WOW, just WOW, really.

This game has a powerfull story , rather misterious. I loved it!
I found the bosses rather easy, killed Boaz in some minutes, the only boss I had problems with were the Brother Obscura.
I'm going to replay it again, with another responses when talking to people so I can see new things, because I completely bypassed Bernard (Parisian Ghetto) and the Garage before Le Serpent Rouge. And never sold anything to Reene :o

I found some odd glitches (Pitch black rooms / Lara's eyeballs) but , as we know, Eidos was utterly bad with Core and released the game earlier for the sake of money, which is quite sad, because they had to cut almost all the game and ... glitches.

Well after all, I can say that people won a new Kurtis & Lara fan, just wait me to get Underworld and XNA to make some pretty poses :mis:

Share your opinions :hug:

I'm glad you like the game, sure it has flaws but the overall atmosphere was awesome, as was the plot :tmb:

NemesisxAngelus
26-10-09, 01:21
The plot was so unexpected. I was really like: "HAHA too late Mr. Ecky Eckhardt :mis:" and then just... :eek:

Tony9595
26-10-09, 01:22
Amazing game, my favourite TR game :tmb:
I'm really glad you enjoyed it Galleta :)

Your_Envy*
26-10-09, 09:37
i thought the ammo kept re-apearing ?????
i don't remember .... i think for me the worst thing was the red ghost - i needed a walkthrough guide for help with that ...lol

Hahaha I had the same problems with the red ghost, I was stucked for MONTHS and I didn't know what walkthrough is anyway. :o

I, Tomb Raider
26-10-09, 16:13
I will share this but pls without laughing. I and two friends were stuck at the ghost 4 years. that was in 2003 and we were just kids. After that we put internet connections on our PCs (2007) we saw the walktrough and completed the game. I remember I only played 1/2 from TR3. I was 8 year and it was pretty difficult for me (I couldn't understand a word in English). Later I played The Lost Artifact but I failed in that too. :D:D

msalpha2omega
26-10-09, 16:58
^ Don't worry, many people were stuck in the red ghost.... I've heard it before that people were stuck there for a very long time.... I personally was stuck for about 2 years. I quit, deleted my savegames and stopped..... But then one day I accidentally saw that part on YouTube, and restarted.

Glad you liked it, Wcookie!!!! :tmb:

I, Tomb Raider
26-10-09, 17:31
Despite that I still like AOD. I loved it! :cln:

WCookie
01-11-09, 23:06
I'm replaying it and well, now that I'm REALLY understanding the story, I can only say that this is one of the few games that actually has a really good story, with an imaginable depth, If I'd have to classify the story only, without the game itself I would give it the maximum value, it is incredibly... incredible?

It is a big, big shame the game is so unfinished, and the end to me was epicness in the maximum, entering a dark tunnel with a mischievous smile, and then... you decide.

It would be so good if the story would be continued, I still have hopes for the game to be continued...

I hope somebody reads this, plays the game and understand that it can still be continued...