PDA

View Full Version : On top of the world.

nick styger
03-11-09, 19:15
Usually I like my Lara in some ancient dusty tomb with scorpions and things....but I'm on top of the japanese building and it's taken my breath away. I love this game. I'm in the art room at the top and after a very satisfying gun battle, i@m just walking around...and what a place. I'm so impressed. I've found another tomb raider game I love. :p
Forgot to mention the grenades. I'm remembering to throw a few. Excellent.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
03-11-09, 19:26
Usually I like my Lara in some ancient dusty tomb with scorpions and things....but I'm on top of the japanese building and it's taken my breath away. I love this game. I'm in the art room at the top and after a very satisfying gun battle, i@m just walking around...and what a place. I'm so impressed. I've found another tomb raider game I love. :p

What happened to Anniversary?? :)

Paddy
03-11-09, 19:57
The Japan level is my favourite actually on Legend :D aside from England :)

WCookie
03-11-09, 19:57

I love that game too, It's my favourite game! :jmp:
It has such beautiful locations, such as Nepal (underline to see it, I don't want to spoil it if you didn't play ;))
Glad you like the game!

:hug:

Tony9595
03-11-09, 20:23
I love Legend, it's such a fun game :D
But not what I would call Tomb Raider :pi:

nick styger
03-11-09, 20:36
I know what you mean...but we have to change with the times. Don't get me wrong though, anniversary is ace but the postal strike is holding up my graphics card and rumblepad.......so I'm not touching it until they arrive. Legend is keeping me sane and happy in the meantime. I do like the ease of the game plus it's stunning graphics. Good Stuff.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shadow_fire
03-11-09, 21:17
^
^
I agree with you, I think that Legend is a fantastic game. WHen me and my sister first went through it we both loved the graphics ect.. :D

Phlip
04-11-09, 00:18
Cool. Glad you like it. :) You can try Angel of Darkness next. The story will keep you on the edge of your seat. ;)

Tony9595
04-11-09, 00:48
↑ Agreed. My favourite TR game ever :)
It's really worth a try Mr. ;)

nick styger
04-11-09, 09:50
I have just ordered the CD. What stopped me before was all the bad comments about the game. Everyone criticized AOD so I didn't bother. Should've known.:mad:

Phlip
04-11-09, 10:32
^You should make a your own judgement. Plus most people here like it (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156253). :)

ZapTheLadyBird
04-11-09, 17:13
I played Legend several times, though mainly whilst I was ill and couldn't concentrate on looking around and stuff. I loved trying to beat my time...
It's a very easy game, very linear. But I agree the graphics are brilliant.

Minimus
04-11-09, 19:19
I love Legend too, isn't it just so... breathtakingly brilliant? It's very detailed , too - the roads far down below even have moving traffic* :D

*or Jelly Bean Aliens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqYCTRYhFpU) :whi:

The Great Chi
05-11-09, 03:26
On top of the world :tmb:

6XkKbAqQwZM

Tony9595
05-11-09, 03:38
Chi! You never cease to amaze me :D
Loved it :)

The Great Chi
05-11-09, 23:09
Now for some real inscrutable stuff :D

dGtwJ8OkUJ4

The Great Chi
07-11-09, 22:31
I am sorry for the double post, but this is amazing news :cln:
(I even amaze myself sometimes :D)

Look at the drawing below, it shows where I have managed to fly the motorbike so far, and at last I have flown across to the rooftop gardens, which are further on in the level ;)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/greatchi/B%20team/bikemad.jpg

So here is the video, it has taken me a long time to reach here, as controlling the flying motorbike is like blowing a leave in the wind while simultainiously operating a yoyo up and down :p

May I present this video showing, where no motorbike has reached before..... :D

IaDzms4pdck

Love2Raid
07-11-09, 23:08
Wow that's amazing! :yah:
And really strange... She was being attacked by invisible enemies! :eek:

Do you think it's possible to get the bike inside the building? (even though we can't see the entrance)

The Great Chi
07-11-09, 23:36
Usually if you jump ahead in a level by sneaky means, this 'loss of textures in a 360 degree camera rotation' happens quite often.

The usual solution is to get Lara to retreat back to an earlier part of the level, then return and the level will shows up normally, hopefully with the bike and garden showing all textures.

Two routes off the rooftop gardens....
I was trying to get lara (without bike) back onto the moving platform scaffolding, but the rope was not there, so no go.
The other route is as you say, into the building via the doors, but only two dog enemies appeared and no humans, no cutscene trigger, so the door could not be reached, till this fight cutscene was played through, hence I could not proceed in that direction either.

I am still working on it, and I may have found a way of getting the bike further into the building from the gardens, I will try.

I am just happy I got as far as I did :D

TRGamer8
13-11-09, 14:32

Yeah, TRL is really good game, and the graphics are great :)

Aranara
14-11-09, 13:53
I loved the Japan level too. :D