PDA

View Full Version : move that was cut out of the game

gabrielorie
07-11-09, 04:09
when you watch the trl video before the game starts,lara will do this move in the cutscene but she cant do it in the game:confused:.was it cut out of the game?http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/91/cutr.png

Phlip
07-11-09, 04:37
If you aim at an enemie you can do a sideways roll. Even if she couldn't, it doesn't mean it was cut out.

gabrielorie
07-11-09, 04:53
If you aim at an enemie you can do a sideways roll. Even if she couldn't, it doesn't mean it was cut out.

yeah i know that you can do that but you cant shoot them while you do the sideways roll:(

Catracoth
07-11-09, 04:55
She also does that manoeuvre when saving the Kazakhs from Amanda's mercenaries in the Project Carbonek mission. But like Phlip said, just because it isn't a gameplay manoeuvre doesn't mean it was cut out of the final game.

The Great Chi
08-11-09, 19:01
I assume it is possible to check through the animations in TRL, just like you can in the classic games with an animation editor, to see if it does exist, but is unused.

For example in TR3 we found the kayak roll 360 degree animations, ie, she rolls right round underwater, as a real kayak can.

Although these animations are not used in TR3, it is possible to reinstate it into a TR3 custom level.

See this old video of mine which I have put back on Youtube today, to show kayak roll. It is a TR3 custom level copy of the existing level :D

1nKyiod2hXc

larafan25
08-11-09, 22:52
^the classic tomb raider engine seems to be a great engine for realistic kayak manouvers.

I mean with kayaking along the rocks that are "covered in shallow waters" is really realistic:)

anyways, this certain move we are talking about is a move in anniversary. the sideways roll with the ability to shoot while doing it:)

The Great Chi
09-11-09, 00:07
I think at present the only way you could possibly do a version of that move, is to make a 3D modeling version of Lara, using Blender or XNA lara, etc, by extracting laras wiremesh and textures from the game, then animate.

Zebra
09-11-09, 12:00
She also does that manoeuvre when saving the Kazakhs from Amanda's mercenaries in the Project Carbonek mission.

Exactly. I don't think it's an ingame move. They simply took the animation from that cutscene.

TRGamer8
13-11-09, 15:27
Exactly. I don't think it's an ingame move. They simply took the animation from that cutscene.

I think so too, that's just the animation from the cutscene :)

almayah
14-11-09, 15:43
She can do it in anniversary ;);)

gabrielorie
15-11-09, 23:30
She can do it in anniversary ;);)

thats because anniversary is older:)

Aranara
16-11-09, 08:31
You can do that! When you are in lock-on mode press F.
Like in Anniversary.