PDA

View Full Version : Emo (Anybody? With no shy)

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:23
I want to know all the information about it and I wanna know if somebody here is one of them, with being honest.

Anybody and what do you think about it?

http://www.vaycanina.com/resimler/standart/06052007172722emo_boys_rock--large-msg-1152717544.jpg

The Large Emo Website (http://www.emo-corner.com/)

Please nobody just give me a link for Wikipedia or any other websites, I know how to search for them, but the problem is that every one of them or each one of them has a different meanings.

Some say they don't believe in God, others say that they listen to a rock music, others dress black and fit rings in their eyes, mouth, for emotion, being alone, weird custom, being lonely, hate life, wish to die.

Anybody please just explain to me, and one point to fit it in your head to not let happen again with the gays thread

I TOTALLY RESPECT EMOS!!

Raider Man

Legend of Lara
11-11-09, 19:25
http://i34.************/2mo57c3.jpg

You set me up for it! I had no choice!

I'll be leaving now...

Reggie
11-11-09, 19:27
Emos are Emos. They're just people who have conformed to a certain style/ideology that's away from the 'norm'. I don't necessarily agree with it (hence why I'm not an 'Emo') but if that's how they want to express themselves, then so be it.

TombRaiderLover
11-11-09, 19:29
I choose not to classify myself.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:31
I choose not to classify myself.

Its ok nobody will eat you, how do we have to understand you if you won't, and if you don't care, then why always hiding, at least let someone know...

Can I? Express your feelings.

Raider Man

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 19:31
There are so many fake Emos in this world nobody really knows who are they. Emos DON'T cut their veins, ahh whenever I hear this.. :mad: They have their own fashion and they are really emotional, but real Emos don't cut themselves.

Catracoth
11-11-09, 19:34
Oh God, someone had to go and make a thread about this. I can smell the ignorant posts already. I'm staying out of this thread from this point onward.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:34
There are so many fake Emos in this world nobody really knows who are they. Emos DON'T cut their veins, ahh whenever I hear this.. :mad: They have their own fashion and they are really emotional, but real Emos don't cut themselves.

Yes they does

Anyway thanks I just found a link that helps me a lot thanks anyway
Thanks anyway.

What is Emo? (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cultures/straight-edge-faq/section-64.html)

Oh God, someone had to go and make a thread about this. I can smell the ignorant posts already. I'm staying out of this thread from this point onward.

First of all, this is a new thread as you can see the date, so be patient, and second of all I didn't know that you'll care about it that much. Anyway thanks for caring. And we will be glad if you don't bother posting here either :)

Raider Man

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 19:36
No they don't. Read Wiki. Ask some REAL Emo about it.

TombRaiderLover
11-11-09, 19:36
Its ok nobody will eat you, how do we have to understand you if you won't, and if you don't care, then why always hiding, at least let someone know...

Can I? Express your feelings.

Raider Man

I don't fit into the emo stereotype at all if that's what you think. I just think it's silly when people label themselves; "Oh, I'm an emo." I am who I am, and I dress however I please.

Reggie
11-11-09, 19:37
Alex, I think you're oversimplifying this.
Emo is a label one is given (either to themselves or by others) when many of their style or attitude traits conform to a section of typical emo traits as given in that link. That doesn't mean that the average emo is going to have all of those stereotypical traits. As with any sub-culture/culture, the issue is not black and white.

Laralissa
11-11-09, 19:38
Yes they does

Anyway thanks I just found a link that helps me a lot thanks anyway
Thanks anyway.

What is Emo? (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cultures/straight-edge-faq/section-64.html)

Raider Man

What? How do you know that all 'emos' cut themselves? Just because it says so on a webpage doesn't make it true, you know.

Either way, this whole classification thing is stupid. Just lame stereotypes. People shouldn't be limited to fitting in one single category - I wear what I want, listen to what I want and do what I want. I wont try to look any other way but myself. And dont even get me started on supposed "scene" kids :pi:

Los Angeles
11-11-09, 19:38
Being Emo got lameeee...

Everyone here is already Emo, it's nothing special to be Emo... It got lame... :rolleyes:

and no, I don't have any respect for them! How should we respect them if they don't respect themselves in the first place?

Time to think of something new.

Catracoth
11-11-09, 19:39
First of all, this is a new thread as you can see the date, so be patient,

You think I can't read? And what does patience have to do with anything?

And we will be glad if you don't bother posting here either :)

Actually, now I will since you said that. I'm also hoping to set some people straight on the subject as well.

I'm going to re-quote this every once and awhile.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:40
No they don't. Read Wiki. Ask some REAL Emo about it.

Please take this advice for your life
("Don't believe every word in Wikipedia. "Thank you")

I don't fit into the emo stereotype at all if that's what you think. I just think it's silly when people label themselves; "Oh, I'm an emo." I am who I am, and I dress however I please.

It depends, their emotion, their look show that they are without saying, and there is a reason about that actually the same as for gays.
My friend is a gay and emo.

Raider Man

Atlantean-Squid
11-11-09, 19:40
I'm starting to find the people who say "I am who I am and don't label myself" more annoying than the people who actually do label themselves.

Catracoth
11-11-09, 19:41
What makes me laugh the most is that this thread was built on a foundation of ignorance. The OP clearly is so deep in BS regarding "emo" people that this thread will no doubt be nothing but arguments, and not coming from me for once.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:42
Being Emo got lameeee...

Everyone here is already Emo, it's nothing special to be Emo... It got lame... :rolleyes:

and no, I don't have any respect for them! How should we respect them if they don't respect themselves in the first place?

Time to think of something new.

The good thing is that they didn't hurt you.

What makes me laugh the most is that this thread was built on a foundation of ignorance. The OP clearly is so deep in BS regarding "emo" people that this thread will no doubt be nothing but arguments, and not coming from me for once.

Listen dude, between all these arguments, and you are the only one who's saying this, are you trying to do something? Please just keep it straight and don't make problems to not fell in it, you said that you won't post again, if you dislike this subject, why posting and giving mockery arguments, *respects from the mod, it had been show in his first and this quote*
If you want to win posts, go and post in Chat, it will help you.

Raider Man

Los Angeles
11-11-09, 19:43
I have lots of emo friends, but seriously... I see Emos everywhere. Like I said it's nothing special. People who wanna show off need to think of something else.

TombRaiderLover
11-11-09, 19:44
I'm starting to find the people who say "I am who I am and don't label myself" more annoying than the people who actually do label themselves.

I am who I am and don't label myself.

Laralissa
11-11-09, 19:44
It depends, their emotion, their look show that they are without saying, and there is a reason about that actually the same as for gays.
My friend is a gay and emo.
Raider Man

Oh god I cant see this thread going well at all...

Im sorry, but you are one of my most narrow minded people I have ever seen post on this forum. You cannot classify people the way you do! We're humans, not packages, and not all "gays" look a certain way. I honestly dont know what else to say...

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 19:45
I'm going to re-quote this every once and awhile.

I hope that's a good thing. :D Go ahead. :p

Please take this advice for your life
("Don't believe every word in Wikipedia. "Thank you")

It was a suggestion but since you don't trust Wiki, I have many Emo friends who listen to Emo music, have that kind of style and don't cut themselves. They are real Emos, not fake cutting-their-veins one.
You also said

Anybody please just explain to me ...

I am trying to do that but since you refuse to listen, I will stop. Just one more time: REAL EMOS DON'T CUT THEIR VEINS. And by the way, Wiki is much better than that site you posted.
Thank you.

Catracoth
11-11-09, 19:48

Indeed it is. This thread is nothing more than a base of insults toward emo people, and I find it to be incredibly offensive. The original poster clearly has no clue what he's trying to talk about especially since his basis made clear in the original post shows that he knows nothing other than the common thought that emo people are self-mutilating attention whores which is NOT how they are. That is how wannabe emo people are. Emo is nothing more than a lifestyle. It does not involve self-harm whatsoever, and for those who are cynical on this and continue to state that emo people are stupid, self-cutting attention whores need to be burned at the stake.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:48
Oh god I cant see this thread going well at all...

Im sorry, but you are one of my most narrow minded people I have ever seen post on this forum. You cannot classify people the way you do! We're humans, not packages, and not all "gays" look a certain way. I honestly dont know what else to say...

What makes you think I am like that?

It was a suggestion but since you don't trust Wiki, I have many Emo friends who listen to Emo music, have that kind of style and don't cut themselves. They are real Emos, not fake cutting-their-veins one.
You also said
I am trying to do that but since you refuse to listen, I will stop. Just one more time: REAL EMOS DON'T CUT THEIR VEINS. And by the way, Wiki is much better than that site you posted.
Thank you.

I don't care, I only want to know who are they or what are they... Anyway thanks. I listen to rock music, does it mean that I am Emo?

Raider Man

Minty Mouth
11-11-09, 19:49
As far as I am aware, Emo is just a style. I dont really think there can be specific personality traits/rituals attached to these labels. They're not some kind of cult, you know.

Catracoth
11-11-09, 19:49
I listen to rock music, does it mean that I am Emo?

Someone stab me with something.

Alex Shepherd
11-11-09, 19:50
Indeed it is. This thread is nothing more than a base of insults toward emo people, and I find it to be incredibly offensive. The original poster clearly has no clue what he's trying to talk about especially since his basis made clear in the original post shows that he knows nothing other than the common thought that emo people are self-mutilating attention whores which is NOT how they are. That is how wannabe emo people are. Emo is nothing more than a lifestyle. It does not involve self-harm whatsoever, and for those who are cynical on this and continue to state that emo people are stupid, self-cutting attention whores need to be burned at the stake.

No need to be offensive, or incredibly offensive... Did I say something wrong?!

Raider Man

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 19:52

Amazing post. :tmb: I agree with everything you said. It really gets on my nerves when people think Emos cut themselves. I tried to explain this to so many people, but they still don't believe me. Just because of those fake Emos people think they are over emotional self cutting attention seekers. This is far from the truth and people should know that.

I don't care, I only want to know who are they or what are they... Anyway thanks. I listen to rock music, does it mean that I am Emo?

Raider Man

Rock music is NOT Emo music. Emo is one gender of music, rock is another.

Los Angeles
11-11-09, 19:52
I like this kind of entertainment.

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2008/05/midgetmack_slap.gif

ZapTheLadyBird
11-11-09, 19:53
Nope... I'm not one. I'd feel really uncomfortable wearing their clothes cause it's just not me. + I cannot be asked to do my hair like that. I'm too lazy... :whi:
I have nothing against emos. I do however have something against fake ones... They wind me up... _

LaraRules81
11-11-09, 19:53
This thread needs that big facepalm gif. :D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
11-11-09, 19:56
I can just see Mr. Shepherd's next thread: "Gay people, what's with them anyway??" :hea:

Dina_Croft
11-11-09, 19:58
This thread needs that big facepalm gif. :D

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/2800cuf_th.gif

Here You Go:p

Catracoth
11-11-09, 20:01
Amazing post. :tmb: I agree with everything you said. It really gets on my nerves when people think Emos cut themselves. I tried to explain this to so many people, but they still don't believe me. Just because of those fake Emos people think they are over emotional self cutting attention seekers. This is far from the truth and people should know that.

Precisely. The worst part is, when you try to explain it to people, they're apathetic to it because of their general intolerance. If they enjoy thinking a certain way, they're going to do it. And it isn't fair at all.

LaraRules81
11-11-09, 20:04

:vlol:!

Not that one, though, the long one. :ton:

Your_Envy*
Precisely. The worst part is, when you try to explain it to people, they're apathetic to it because of their general intolerance. If they enjoy thinking a certain way, they're going to do it. And it isn't fair at all.

Exactly. They ignore everything I say about Emos, and I know so many things about them while those people know nothing except that they have black hair, a lot of piercings and they cut their veins! ZOMG!
What a deep thought, really. Amazing opinion. :rolleyes:

I am really glad I am talking with a person like you are, Catracoth. :tmb: Finally someone who understands who Emos really are!

Candee Sparks
Nothing makes me more aggravated than society's understanding of this term. Emo was nothing more than a branch of indie/accoustic music reflected on showing heartbreaking ballads about love and showing the darker side of the life an average person can live. Not wanting to be views as goth because of personal religious beliefs, the name of the music style was adopted as the name of the trend and it just so happened that some of those people who took the heavy-hearted lyrics more personal than others were suicidal, that's it. Kids now who call themselves emo are a joke because it was nothing more than a underground musical movement that blew up as a clothing style when sites like Myspace caught on in 2003. Nothing more than kids discovering social networking sites and finding another person's style appealing. Monkey see, monkey do.

Azerutan
11-11-09, 20:07
Is this topic serious? I mean, "serious" in the serious meaning of the word... :vlol:

LaraRules81
11-11-09, 20:08
There's this kid at my school who dresses and acts like a chav, wears eyeliner/mascara whatever and says he's emo. :vlol:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
11-11-09, 20:08

Hey what episode is that?

Encore
11-11-09, 20:09
Nothing makes me more aggravated than society's understanding of this term. Emo was nothing more than a branch of indie/accoustic music reflected on showing heartbreaking ballads about love and showing the darker side of the life an average person can live. Not wanting to be views as goth because of personal religious beliefs, the name of the music style was adopted as the name of the trend and it just so happened that some of those people who took the heavy-hearted lyrics more personal than others were suicidal, that's it. Kids now who call themselves emo are a joke because it was nothing more than a underground musical movement that blew up as a clothing style when sites like Myspace caught on in 2003. Nothing more than kids discovering social networking sites and finding another person's style appealing. Monkey see, monkey do.

:tmb: Exactly my thoughts. I didn't really feel like posting them because I wrote them a lot of times when this subject comes out, but you said it perfectly.

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 20:09

AMAZING! :tmb: I think exactly the same. QFT! :tmb:

Is this topic serious? I mean, "serious" in the serious meaning of the word... :vlol:

Probably not. :p

Catracoth
11-11-09, 20:11
To set the record straight, I'll post what I said in another thread:

The term "emo" falls under a form a music and a lifestyle choice. Following music, emo music is a form of rock music that is typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated back in the early 1980's and has slowly made itself known in modern times after a long hiatus. As for the lifestyle, Usually among teens, the term "emo" is stereotyped with wearing skinny jeans, sometimes in bright colours, and tight t-shirts (usually short-sleeved) which often bear the names of emo bands. Studded belts and black wristbands are common accessories in emo fashion. Black Converse sneakers and skate shoes, such as Vans, are popularly worn among people of the emo fashion. Some emo guys also wear thick, black horn-rimmed glasses.

The emo fashion is also recognized for its hairstyles. Popular looks include long side-swept bangs, sometimes covering one or both eyes. Also popular is hair that is straightened and dyed black. Bright colours, such as blue, pink, red, or bleached blond, are also typical as highlights in emo hairstyles. Short, choppy layers of hair are also common. This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad. Early on, emo fashion was associated with a clean cut look but as the style spread to younger teenagers, the style has become darker, with long bangs and emphasis on the colour black replacing sweater vests.

In recent years, emo has been associated with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden. It has also been associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide. But that is just done by the ignorant, which seems to be 90% of the world.

Thank God. Finally, some logic here apart from Your_Envy*. Now, please, could a moderator do us all a favour and lock this thread?

Noodleboy
11-11-09, 20:12
Narrow-mindedness-alarm!

You cannot just say those people are emo because they cut themselves and listen to emo music. It just doesn't make sense..
I could go into this big rant here, but I won't since a lot of people already proved my point (thanks)

A lot of people call me emo, but I don't care, if I want to wear purple skinnies, then that's my problem.. I just wear what I like, it doesn't make me emo..

Azerutan
11-11-09, 20:14
I TOTALLY RESPECT EMOS!!

I failed to understand why. My Masters Degree surely didn't prepare me for this :vlol:

I'll wait your answer don't worry and don't think I'm making fun of these so called "emos", I'm just having a good time here :D

Catracoth
11-11-09, 20:15
His so called "respect" is based on his misunderstanding of this subject.

tombraiderluka
11-11-09, 20:20
To set the record straight, I'll post what I said in another thread:

The term "emo" falls under a form a music and a lifestyle choice. Following music, emo music is a form of rock music that is typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated back in the early 1980's and has slowly made itself known in modern times after a long hiatus. As for the lifestyle, Usually among teens, the term "emo" is stereotyped with wearing skinny jeans, sometimes in bright colours, and tight t-shirts (usually short-sleeved) which often bear the names of emo bands. Studded belts and black wristbands are common accessories in emo fashion. Black Converse sneakers and skate shoes, such as Vans, are popularly worn among people of the emo fashion. Some emo guys also wear thick, black horn-rimmed glasses.

The emo fashion is also recognized for its hairstyles. Popular looks include long side-swept bangs, sometimes covering one or both eyes. Also popular is hair that is straightened and dyed black. Bright colours, such as blue, pink, red, or bleached blond, are also typical as highlights in emo hairstyles. Short, choppy layers of hair are also common. This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad. Early on, emo fashion was associated with a clean cut look but as the style spread to younger teenagers, the style has become darker, with long bangs and emphasis on the colour black replacing sweater vests.

In recent years, emo has been associated with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden. It has also been associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide. But that is just done by the ignorant, which seems to be 90% of the world.

Thank God. Finally, some logic here apart from Your_Envy*. Now, please, could a moderator do us all a favour and lock this thread?
Yes nice, but didn't you say you'll stay out of this thread?

Catracoth
11-11-09, 20:21

Nice try. Get back on topic.

Minty Mouth
11-11-09, 20:21

Read his second post in the thread.

tombraiderluka
11-11-09, 20:24
Nice try. Get back on topic.
Oh well can't blame the guy for trying :p

Anyway, I'm glad real emos aren't cutting themselves, because I never thought they did, though the majority was trying to prove me wrong, ha!

Your_Envy*
11-11-09, 20:24

And from you. :hug: And like I said, I agree 100% with you. :tmb: Finally somebody who understands who emos really are.

EscondeR
11-11-09, 20:29
Alex, I suppose if e.g. a thread "Arabs: Terrorists or victims" appeared here, you would be the first to report it and yell in it about offensive posts towards arabs. They WTF you think you have right to start an offensive statement which will grow into fight and asskicks from both parties? :mis:

This thread is already going down to the gutter... No brilliant future predictable.

Therefore... Zapped as fail of a thread
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/EscondeR_Croft/Smilies/pop03.gif