PDA

View Full Version : Is TRL your least favorite game?

peeves
12-11-09, 21:15
For me it's far by my least favorite due to lack of good things such as plot, storyline, the game's too short, the puzzles are too easy and everything was just too freaking easy. Completing all the achievements such as beating the game, getting all rewards and completing the time trials and after i finished everything it became so boring and repetitive well the repetitive part was me playing all 8 levels over and over again and i got sick of it too soon. Who else hated legend the most?

Tombraider95
12-11-09, 21:34
Good for you. Since it was Crystal's first TR game i thought i was enjoyable.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-11-09, 21:40
no its one of my favourites

WCookie
12-11-09, 21:43
I freaking love it!

It's linear and short, right but CD's was new to the series and they didn't know much about it, we can't blame them for that.

I freaking love Nepal, Japan and Khazakstan, they are the best levels IMO, shame they cut out a lot of the levels :s

Assassin13
12-11-09, 21:43
I like it ^^

January_Snow*
12-11-09, 21:56
Third best in my book :) yes its linear and short, but provides 10 times more fun then for example Anniversary or AOD that are much longer but boooooring.

Go TRL! :D :D :D

Tony9595
12-11-09, 22:01
I like Legend, is such a funny game. But I HATE IT as Tomb Raider, it simply isn't what I'd call Tomb Raider.
I'm glad that CD improved a lot after this game :)

jackles
12-11-09, 22:01
Sorry but it is my least favourite.

da tomb raider!
12-11-09, 22:09
Yes, personally, I think Legend is dreadful. It's a bad game and a worse Tomb Raider game in my opinion, and is certainly the worst game of the series. As well as being a complete and utter insult to the previous Tomb Raider games, with the game virtually nothing like them and acting as if they never happened (outside Lara's, Zip's and Winston's name, of course), it's an inexcusably short and mindlessly easy game that features some of worst, most poorly-executed ideas I've ever seen (combat moves that never need to be used given how easy it all is, interactive cutscenes, motorcycle sequences that can quite literally go on forever, forklift driving...). Dreadful stuff if you ask me. The first few seconds of Ghana were nice, though.

EscondeR
12-11-09, 22:14
Answering to the thread title question:

YES!

*for reasons (if you still wonder why :D ) search my explanations through TRF.

Phlip
12-11-09, 22:19
Don't even get me started on why I think it's a repulsive Tomb Raider. :rolleyes:

Rivendell
12-11-09, 23:32
Definitely my least favourite, but I don't think I'm going to go into why again, I've posted enough essays over the last three years on that subject to back up why; I'm trying to forget about it now.

toughraid3r37
12-11-09, 23:40
I liked it :D. Especially when i first played through it.

Phlip
12-11-09, 23:50
Definitely my least favourite, but I don't think I'm going to go into why again, I've posted enough essays over the last three years on that subject to back up why; I'm trying to forget about it now.

I've loved reading through your essays on stuff. :D Do you have any links to the ones about Legend?

tranniversary119
12-11-09, 23:52
I've played all the games and I think it's a fantastic, enjoyable, game. However, like many state it's not a good Tomb Raider game.

msalpha2omega
12-11-09, 23:59
No, it's not...... I actually quite enjoyed..... Until I played Anniversary....... Now I find it hard for me to control Legend Lara.......:(

Ward Dragon
13-11-09, 00:12
Legend is definitely my least favorite TR game. Compared to the other games in the series, it didn't have any really good parts where I had to figure out what to do. Everything was fairly obvious and that made the game feel like a chore to play because all I had to do was run forward along the path without really thinking much. If it wasn't a TR game and I had even played it in the first place, I probably would have played it once and then completely forgotten about it since there was nothing really memorable that stuck with me in a good way.

As for the story, I think it was decent enough but poorly executed in the game. Personally I think that the game should have focused a lot more on Amanda and completely left out Lara's parents. I think it would have been a lot more interesting if Lara was more concerned with her old friend actually being alive. Throwing in the parents was unnecessary because on the one hand it rewrote Lara's established past and on the other hand Legend already had enough personal motivation going on in terms of Amanda so the parents thing was just too much drama. Plus it made Lara look a little shallow that she just found out her long-lost friend isn't actually dead and all she cares about is getting the sword so she can find her mother. Is she incapable of caring about more than one person at a time?

Single
13-11-09, 00:15
OH YES BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a poor such little thing, the name of "TOMB RAIDER" is too much bigger for it

msalpha2omega
13-11-09, 00:30
WOW Ward Dragon's words are so true!!!!!! You really seem to have thought this through....... :eek:

Phlip
13-11-09, 00:33
^Ward Dragon has an excellent way with words. :)

larafan25
13-11-09, 01:20
No.

my least favorite is the last revelation for reasons a game should be judged upon.

Shark_Blade
13-11-09, 02:10
Yes. The graphics was good (the mysterious feel/atmosphere to it was gone though) but after a while I got bored. Everything was so linear and obvious. Story was crap, her attitude was whiny and bimbo-ish, and her sidekicks are annoying.

Paddy
13-11-09, 02:39
Most rubbish TR game made.

Carbonek_0051
13-11-09, 03:03
Oddly enough no it isn't, my least favorite is between TRII & TLR.

tranniversary119
13-11-09, 05:17
It's funny how, to me, Legend is the most re-playable out of the trilogy after all these years.

Paddy
13-11-09, 05:29
Has replay value for those who say forget to check the Croft Manor for their relics :vlol:

Drone
13-11-09, 05:52
Is TRL your least favorite game?

okay ... if you asked me this question before 2008 I think I would had said yes. But now ... I say no. Doesn't matter how strange it sounds but for me Legend is much more enjoyable than TRU. I replayed Legend few times while I couldn't play TRU more than once.

Ashnod
13-11-09, 06:30
I definitely enjoyed TRL more than TR2, TR3, or AoD (granted, I haven't finished it, but it hasn't motivated me to keep playing much less finish it), so no, it's not my least favorite.

ThatNorskChick
13-11-09, 06:45
I'd say it is. Even though it's easily the most re-playable, I don't find that I get anything out of it. It just feels shallow. It's like eating fast food. :(

Chocola teapot
13-11-09, 10:49
I Agree with Norsky baby, it feels too shallow. :(

ajrich17901
13-11-09, 11:58
Its definetly at the bottom of my list, even the gameboy games rank higher:p

-Roli-
13-11-09, 12:09
I'm hated it with TRA and TRU too........

MMAN
13-11-09, 12:37
I put it above Chronicles, AOD and, depending how I'm feeling, TR4. So no.

aurora89
13-11-09, 12:49
no, I rather liked it! :D I managed to get through it with minimal walkthrough help (unheard of for me!) and even beat a few time trials. ^_^ It's not the best TR game (TRA or TRU is probably my favourite) but I really do like it! I'd much rather play it than AOD or any of the older games, actually. XD Plus it's lots of fun to play with friends watching. When the 9yo I hang out with plays with me, she sets the outfit to Amanda and then has Amanda and Amanda talk to each other in the game. :p She also loves running around with Excalibur, lol. And when my flatmate comes out to watch I always end up running through poison gas or falling into water just to hear Lara say "Oh God! It buuuurns!!!!" or "It's s-s-so b-bloody cold!" respectively. :D

Lemmie
13-11-09, 14:27
Out of the Crystal Games I disliked Underworld more, whereas I quite enjoyed Legend and Anniversary.

Lara's home
13-11-09, 14:28
Nope. That would be TR4. At least TR:L was fun ..

GameGlitcher77
13-11-09, 14:43
Was an alright game but I would prefer TRA if I had to chose over Legend. In fact for that matter I would chose almost any of Core's games over Crystal's.
:ohn: :D :ton: :p :) ;) :D

TRGamer8
13-11-09, 15:15
No, TRL is one of my favourite TR games. :D:D:D

ViNi__
13-11-09, 15:16
Actually, it is my least favorite after TRU.

mslivetoGAME
15-11-09, 01:12
I liked it, it wasn't my favorite, but it's up there :p

larafan25
15-11-09, 01:21
Nope. That would be TR4. At least TR:L was fun ..

this is eaxctly what I think:)

pekirock
15-11-09, 04:03
For me it's far by my least favorite due to lack of good things such as plot, storyline, the game's too short, the puzzles are too easy and everything was just too freaking easy. Completing all the achievements such as beating the game, getting all rewards and completing the time trials and after i finished everything it became so boring and repetitive well the repetitive part was me playing all 8 levels over and over again and i got sick of it too soon. Who else hated legend the most?

hell no! its one of the best in the series...:jmp:

AmericanAssassin
15-11-09, 04:06
The "it was CDs first TR game" excuse has gotten old. TR1 was Core's first TR game and it was great. CD had a formula to begin with and they failed. They actually had an advantage, not a disadvantage. ;)

*laralover*
15-11-09, 23:30
Yes its my least favourite TR...

Aranara
20-11-09, 18:55
My leasr favorite TR game was Underworld.

lcaddict
20-11-09, 19:07
IDK...AOD? I really don't know! OH EM GEE!

Camera Obscura
20-11-09, 19:37
It's not my least favorite but it is near the bottom of my TR list. Oddly enough though I found this to be one of the more replayable TR games. :pi:

Legend of Lara
20-11-09, 20:49
After playing through it again, (which I'm still doing) my opinion of the game was raised. It's... kind of fun. But it's still far, far too easy and a TR game in name only. (And that's playing on HARD!)

thevman
20-11-09, 20:53
Let's put it this way, I do consider it the shortest TR ever! :p

Laras Backpack
20-11-09, 21:37
It's been years since I first played it and the 'hate' has very much faded. I think it is accessible and fun in parts. But overall I'd call it mediocre (at best) compared to most other TRs or even compared to most games I've played.

Blackmoor
20-11-09, 22:29
^Nice to see you back, Laras Backpack. :)

----

It's not the worse for me, my least favourite is TR5. It's my second least favourite though. And, I think it does harm to the franchise.

sandra croft
20-11-09, 22:31
No my least favourite TR game is AOD because of the controlls and boring settings - to dark theme. Then comes TRA and TRU, TRA because itīs not a faithful remake and itīs mostly boring and repeative - ledge, ledge, ledge and TRU because it felt short and it didnīt felt inovative and fresh but more of the same. As number four of my least favourite TR games comes TRL and TRC. TRL was short, linaer and easy but at least it was fun.

I wouldnīt say AOD, TRA or TRU are bad games but they didnīt live up to my expectations.

fondantcookie
21-11-09, 00:35
Nope... Least favourite game in the TR series for me is TR:U (VERY closely followed by Anniversary) :wve:

almayah
23-11-09, 13:38
It just doesn't have that Tomb Raider kinda stuff. Hallo it's a TOMB raider, where are tombs in legend(exept maybe 1 or 2)

Tagia
27-11-09, 22:52
I actually quite like it. It has quite a few limits, but I feel the story is quite strong, mixing Arthurian legend, science and the monomyth altogether.

Romantics Inc.
28-11-09, 00:08
My least favorite.

Cheenie
28-11-09, 00:36
Nah. TR 3 and 2 are... they're too cheesy imho x:

Altair
28-11-09, 01:18
Yes. The gameplay was linear and short and I was not a fan of the storyline. There were great gameplay moments in Legend, but they were few and far between for my tastes.

Evan C.
28-11-09, 02:16
God,no.It's a TR game,but also the most easy and short game in all the series.It was like a kick in the balls when you get to the end,I finished in just 2 days and I don't play more than 4 hours per day!(Not continuated)
It's a big no,after AOD,this is the second worst.

Portugalraider
28-11-09, 12:38
no. although legend is to short and easy, my least favourit is tlr. then aod, tru wii, legend, tra, tru, tr1 and tr3. never played tr2 and trc. but the only tr i didn't liked was tr tlr. it was too boring. legend was fun and amanda's plot was good and excalibur's plot was briliant!

Los Angeles
28-11-09, 12:39
No, Anniversary is... It's grey, dull and boring...

Sharon_14
28-11-09, 13:46
I love TRL! it has some ups and downs, but it was a nice start for Crystal, and I really enjoyed it. :)

Dennis's Mom
28-11-09, 13:50
No, AOD is my least favorite. At least Legend plays properly. Legend is my second least favorite though. Like AOD, I have never replayed the game.

Zebra
28-11-09, 14:52
Nope. Anniversary and Underworld are my least favourite TR games. Legend's not that bad.

Reggie
28-11-09, 15:20
Is TRL my least favourite game? Yes.
Dull, boring, easy, poor storyline and characterisation and awful controls.

Tear
28-11-09, 15:38
Not only is Legend my favourite of the TR games, but it's one of my favourite games in general.;)

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 17:37
Legend was good. In fact, dare i say it, t'was Legend :p

Legend 4ever
12-12-09, 04:32
No, Tomb Raider 1 is.

Jedd Fletcher
12-12-09, 06:49
Legend is in face my favourite TR game!

Vinkula
12-12-09, 12:34
I love TRL. =) Yes, it's easy.

TombRaiderCool
12-12-09, 13:00
Nope, I like all TR games for their personal values but in the end I'll say that Anniversary is my least favourite TR game, I'm glad they didn't try to do 1/1 remake but at the same time I think there was lots of room for improvement and that they could have experimented more with new and different things while remaining true to the original; sort of like how the RE: remake was done, which is perhaps the best remake I have played! I still enjoyed Anniversary, just it's not what a remake should be like.

As for Legend, I enjoyed it! Though Legend isn't perfect of course, but then no game is IMO. There are many things that one could list as negatives (easy puzzles, short game overall, mostly mercenaries as enemies etc). I think that Legend did take some good steps towards a new direction and the bad risks and such they made could be improved as it was a case of trial and error and it's evident that several changes were made over the course of Anniversary and Underworld.

So, TRLR is probably still my favourite in the series but I enjoyed Legend, I liked many of its elements.

Rai
13-12-09, 00:49
No Legend is not my least favourite game. I would put it above AoD and 2 quarters of Chronicles. Yes it is easy and linear, but it had Tomb Raider moments for me such as Ghana and Nepal, most of England and parts of Peru. It was a good game which had so much potential, if only there was more of it.

PoseidonsDeath
13-12-09, 00:58
It's not my least favorite. I'd give it a 7/10, while AOD, I would give a 5/10. I really don't like it much. The unresponsive controls. The boring gameplay. The ridiculous leaps. And the fact that Von Croy gets shot, uh uh, no way.

almayah
23-12-09, 18:01
i'D love it, if it wasn't TR game. That's just not the wya Lara rolles xD. Where the *#"!? ate tombs, mumies, beasts, we want those not tigers, pumas etc.

lara c. fan
31-12-09, 11:52
Answering to the thread title question:

YES!

*for reasons (if you still wonder why :D ) search my explanations through TRF.

And those that cannot find them? :p

Nah, from the demo I've played, it looks very nice.
Probably pick it up dirt cheap nowadays too :whi:

Los Angeles
31-12-09, 13:19
No, my least favorite game is Anniversary...

It's boring and dull.

AlexStark7
31-12-09, 16:04
It's not my favorite and it isn't the one I hate the most. It's not very Tomb Raider, but i like the enviroments :D

robm_2007
31-12-09, 17:27
i thought that TRL was a fun game in general, but not as a TR. i racked up 44 hours of total playing time, on the original Xbox. i didnt get a new game for months, which is why i played so much. it seems embarrassing to me, to have played TRL that long.

Megalith
31-12-09, 18:46
It is my second least favourite TR game.
Anniversary is the worst.

Paddy
12-01-10, 13:00
It is my second least favourite TR game.
Anniversary is the worst.

Yeah that game is up with the worst.
Honestly I wished cats liked frisbees, Id use my Legend disc as one.

tonyme
12-01-10, 13:06
No, it's not my least favorite, it's better than Anniversary! :)

Barry Matharoo
12-01-10, 13:21
u know at first i hated it for being too short and easy

but now when i have ten to twenty minutes to kill

legend goes all the way

tonyme
12-01-10, 13:22
The music gets on my nerves though :mad:

scottconny
12-01-10, 13:50
I liked legend. I thought it was well done. The environments. The tombs. The motorbikes and the mansion was great. It was one of my favorites. Anniversary was the worst i think but i still liked it

TRhalloween
12-01-10, 13:54
No, it's one of my favourites.

nick styger
12-01-10, 14:23
I love all my Lara's equally.

Spong
12-01-10, 14:54
Underworld, AoD, Legend - that's the order of the TR games I dislike the most, so Legend isn't my least favourite. But the fact it's not doesn't mean that it isn't a pile of crap, it just has less crap than the other two.

mudkip25
12-01-10, 15:05
Hate It, period!

nick styger
12-01-10, 15:05
Underworld, AoD, Legend - that's the order of the TR games I dislike the most, so Legend isn't my least favourite. But the fact it's not doesn't mean that it isn't a pile of crap, it just has less crap than the other two.
Then why do you play it if I may ask? Or do you? Or are you just a fair weather fan?:confused:

Azerutan
12-01-10, 15:50
It's a close one.

Personally, I would never put the 5 classics as the worst. Now what came afterwards... but I don't think Legend is the worst Tomb Raider.

StarsRPD
12-01-10, 16:05
i love all TR games, hated they changed the dive jumps in underworld,in TRL you could do long dives and flip jumps forever which is fun to do. My least fav. prob. AOD i have yet to finish it tho.

Spong
12-01-10, 16:39
Then why do you play it if I may ask? Or do you? Or are you just a fair weather fan?:confused:

No more twisted an answer than the simple fact I'm a die-hard fan of the series. I have to have the games. Though that's more a staunch allegiance nowadays, it's not about my love for the games any more. I buy them because they're Tomb Raider, not because I think they're good. Had Crystal's trilogy come before Core's original six (which I know is nonsense logic technically speaking) I wouldn't be a fan at all.

Lara Fan 4Life
12-01-10, 17:13
Am I like the only one who actully liked the plot twist? :p Just the way it was adult Lara's voice talking to her mother and Amanda was the one who said to pull out the sword! I just thought it was a really smart plot twist! Also, the music in the game is one my favourite in the series! :D While it wasn't very TR (Just like AOD) I really enjoyed the game, still play it from time to time, and as much as I say that it's my least favourite game, I always find points to say it isn't! :p

Least favourite game for me is TRC. Only thing I really liked about the game were the atmospheric Ireland levels!

nick styger
12-01-10, 17:41
No more twisted an answer than the simple fact I'm a die-hard fan of the series. I have to have the games. Though that's more a staunch allegiance nowadays, it's not about my love for the games any more. I buy them because they're Tomb Raider, not because I think they're good. Had Crystal's trilogy come before Core's original six (which I know is nonsense logic technically speaking) I wouldn't be a fan at all.

Now THAT 'S.....
.....a pile of crap,

HappyShannon
12-01-10, 21:22
^^ Lol :p

I loved the game :D

It was the first I played, and it's still my favourite of the entire series (Well, of the TR games I've played :o).

marla_biggs
12-01-10, 21:30
Legend is Crystals finest x

aussie500
12-01-10, 21:59
Actually I have replayed Legend more than any other Tomb Raider game, partially this is because it is so short, but mainly because it is fun to play, graphics are great and there are several things in it I can do just to get a laugh, or I can practice time trials and looking for shortcuts occasionally. No I do not like it more than TR1, TR2 or TRU it just got played more. The classic games even TR1 are harder and TRU has a few annoyances which do not suit my style of gameplay. Despite the bugs and animations TRU was still probably played more than I played TR1 or TR2 in 12 odd years but then I only have the classics on 2 platforms and I have TRU on 5.

gremlinta
12-01-10, 22:02
Actually I loved TRL and still play it fairly often.

Shark_Blade
13-01-10, 06:46
It is the least favorite for me. I wish the game would be like the first Legend trailer where everything looks exciting, Lara has better hair and braid, her jump from slide to slide is back from the classic, etc. I've got an impression that the game will be challenging and exciting.

But the final product was so dissapointing. The graphics were alright, but it's to bright and cheerful for a mystery, exploration game. Nothing felt mysterious really.
The story, the voice actress, the easy gameplay, the noisy dumbasss friends, the retarded linear motorcycle sequences are all a nightmare consolidated into one game.

The kiddie easy gameplay is what annoyed me the most.

na_th_an
13-01-10, 10:49
Actually I have replayed Legend more than any other Tomb Raider game, partially this is because it is so short, but mainly because it is fun to play, graphics are great and there are several things in it I can do just to get a laugh, or I can practice time trials and looking for shortcuts occasionally. No I do not like it more than TR1, TR2 or TRU it just got played more. The classic games even TR1 are harder and TRU has a few annoyances which do not suit my style of gameplay. Despite the bugs and animations TRU was still probably played more than I played TR1 or TR2 in 12 odd years but then I only have the classics on 2 platforms and I have TRU on 5.

It's about the same with me. TRL is the TR game I like the least, but it's the one I've replayed the most.

almayah
13-01-10, 14:06
No, it's not...... I actually quite enjoyed..... Until I played Anniversary....... Now I find it hard for me to control Legend Lara.......:(

In legend, you control Lara the same way as in anni!!

Spong
13-01-10, 15:31
Now THAT 'S.....
.....a pile of crap,

What's a pile of crap? My personal opinion? Or your (in)ability to accept that other people don't like Crystal's games? I think it's the latter. If you like Legend, great, more power to you. You'll always enjoy it on a level that I never will, and I'm kind of envious of that. Why not be happy in that knowledge instead of acting like a complete child and trying to have a dig when all I did was simply answer your question truthfully? You didn't even have the decency to explain why you think what I said was a pile of crap.

:rolleyes:

Mytly
13-01-10, 21:39
Agree 100% except about TRU - which I have played only once fully, plus Treasure Hunt mode for the secrets, of which I didn't find all.

HappyShannon
13-01-10, 22:09
In legend, you control Lara the same way as in anni!!

Well, the crouch key is different.

That's the reason I wouldn't play Anni when it came out, 'cause it was too awkward for me (I was 10, don't judge me :p).

I have got used to it now, but back then it bothered me to death :)

nick styger
14-01-10, 09:32
What's a pile of crap? My personal opinion? Or your (in)ability to accept that other people don't like Crystal's games? I think it's the latter. If you like Legend, great, more power to you. You'll always enjoy it on a level that I never will, and I'm kind of envious of that. Why not be happy in that knowledge instead of acting like a complete child and trying to have a dig when all I did was simply answer your question truthfully? You didn't even have the decency to explain why you think what I said was a pile of crap.

:rolleyes:

I don't care about the Cystal/Core argument...to me that's pointless. No I was referring toNo more twisted an answer than the simple fact I'm a die-hard fan of the series. I have to have the games.

You HAVE to have the games but you think Tomb Raider is a pile of crap? Why? Are you not master of your own mind? If you don't like it...leave it.

Or your (in)ability to accept that other people don't like Crystal's games?

:rolleyes:and yes that's true. I get upset when people say such horrible things about something that I love. Surely this is a Forum for fans......It's not an 'I hate Lara' forum?

EscondeR
14-01-10, 10:00
You HAVE to have the games but you think Tomb Raider is a pile of crap?

He thinks that not Tomb Raider is a pile of crap, but New-t tiny whiny barbie (bikini :p) games pretending to be Tomb Raider are. I.e. they may be OK as casual games, but trying to compete real TR they fail miserably.
And stop escalating the fight please...

suli
14-01-10, 12:06
well I like it, but it's not my least fav TR game, that would be TRC.. TRL is my second least fav TR game.

Jill Lover
14-01-10, 14:10
I personally think Legend is a master piece and it's my fav of the series. After AOD, Leged became the best of the series. It has a fabolous replay value, with loads of extras and the gameplay is so fun. I played it a lot of times and i never get bored with. Although Underworld is a good game, it does not have the same replay value as Legend... too bad because they should've copied that style for Underworld too... there is no extras at all and the replay value is none.

So, I think Legend is awesome... the cutscenes, the outfits, the gameplay. Is sooo fun that i couldn't stop playing... it's not that short either... it has more levels that Underworld... and more variety in them.

Phlip
14-01-10, 16:44
it's not that short either...

OMFG! :yik:

AmericanAssassin
14-01-10, 16:48
What crack have you been smoking, Jill Lover? :vlol: Saying TRL "isn't short" is just a straight out lie. :p

Love2Raid
15-01-10, 01:46
Is TRL your least favourite game?
No. But it is my least favourite Tomb Raider game.

It's fun and pretty alright, but it's so damn easy even on the hardest difficulty. There isn't much thinking involved here. Just follow the shiny stuff and everything will be fine.

CroftScionGuard
15-01-10, 09:44
It's fun and pretty alright, but it's so damn easy even on the hardest difficulty. There isn't much thinking involved here. Just follow the shiny stuff and everything will be fine.
That and the fact it reveals a different Lara to us fans. Maybe you don't worry with that and perhaps you liked it that way (and I respect if so), but Lara was emotional and not lonely, and looking for an artifact not with the purpose of getting it but to uncover her past about her mom. Not a TR's usual routine is it?

not to mention too that the game's real short: turned to graphics and to looks and to time-trials, and less to duration

Spong
15-01-10, 09:57
You HAVE to have the games but you think Tomb Raider is a pile of crap?

If you read my original post properly you'll find that I said I thought Legend was a pile of crap, not Tomb Raider per se.

Paddy
15-01-10, 11:07
If you read my original post properly you'll find that I said I thought Legend was a pile of crap, not Tomb Raider per se.

Disliking Legend is far from saying TR is crap :p

EscondeR
15-01-10, 13:00
^ Because Legend is far from TR :D

jeffrey van oort
15-01-10, 13:37
My least favourite game is indeed TRL.
The graphics were nice, but the game play was dull. The only thing that was acceptable was the bolivia weight puzzle, and the Peru statue that has a golden idol in it. But nothing more than this. TombRaider Legend does not have key puzzles or puzzle holes like the classics, meaning this couldn't be a TombRaider game, instead it is an action game.. Very dull..

sikasika18
15-01-10, 13:38

agree with you

Sharon_14
15-01-10, 14:17
not least favorite game, it was alright but it simply did not have the feeling of Tomb Raider :)

gabrielorie
15-01-10, 14:45
Now THAT 'S.....

legend is not my least favourite:).it had the best replay value in the whole series:).

Paddy
15-01-10, 15:21

Exactly. :tmb: I concur :D

Mokono
15-01-10, 15:52
and yes that's true. I get upset when people say such horrible things about something that I love. Surely this is a Forum for fans......It's not an 'I hate Lara' forum?

And why hating a game of the series would equal to hate Lara? And because this is a forum you'll eventually find yourself with replies and oppinions you might dislike, but that doesn't mean you have to get upset. The world is full with the dislikeable things out there, and i don't think the attitude you hold towards the thing is safe. Don't you feel weird to play a game (Legend) with no pickups at all? I mean, there's not even a single key in the game. For what i can tell, the only "pickups" Lara carries all the time in that game are those Excalibur pieces, and remember that she picked that up in cutscenes, not because we pressed the Y button as it should happen. I don't think i "hate" Legend to my last, because a game shouldn't recieve such a negative energy waste, but i confess i found it disappointing. On the bright side, i've learnt to like it via autosuggestion :).

nick styger
15-01-10, 16:02
I'm not so bothered about pickups. I like looking at the scenery and the objects. I think it's magical that we can move about in a such a wonderfull dimension....albeit it through an avatar like lara, it still is wonderfully exciting. Some animals I don't like killing (Not the T REX in TRA though) and I'm not so keen on shoot-em-ups, although I did used to like guns. I come from South Africa...where your Zebra's come from. (Funny, the one on the right looks vaguely familiar.) but I've lost my taste for killing over the years....I like to look at things instead, and treasure what soon will pass away....for all of us. I think it's a waste of time hating things.....you do yourself more harm than anyone else. Anyway, it's nice meeting you. What is Peru Like. I've never been there. It sounds wonderfully strange.....

Mokono
15-01-10, 16:27
No doubt Legend has a nice touch in the environment hte game looked fantastic even in the first Xbox, but TR is known for being a complete pack of the following:
-Exotic environments
-Exploration
-Tombs
-Puzzles
-Intrincated paths
-Violence
-Main villain storyline
-Artifacts and relics
-Well hidden secrets

Among many others. And as far as i can see, Tomb Raider Legend took a few of these components, but in a cliché fashion. What i mean is that it seems like they focused in stunning the player with the environment rather than in a gameplay experience improvement. They included tombs, but the feeling wasn't the same, specially for those gamers that could recall the classics in their minds. I always thought this game was a reboot, because the way it displayed hints made me feel like it was directed to a different kind of player, to simeone completely new to the series.

About the killings, i assume it's strictly linked to the person itself what to do in such encounters; however, there are enemies we must kill to advance (such as bossfights or common enemies that trigger doors after being killed)... Whenever i play TR i'm conscious of the reality gap between the game and me, so for me killing a Tiger in TR3 or a human being in TRL shouldn't awake any kind of remorse. Killing an animal/human in a videogame is not the same as doing so in the real life. Sure, the action performed in the video game is an intended recreation of it's real life counterpart, but with the difference that it's a virtual world what we're talking about: if you felt like you killed an unnecessary enemy during gameplay, you can always reboot the game and have it respawned... Respawning, however, doesn't exist in the real world, and since are actions can't be fixed from a checkpoint, we must be conscious and cautious of our actions :).

laralara
15-01-10, 22:11
TRL is gd imo. NOT too long an dboring, at least we get to see different countries. 2nd game of TR i've played not bad. TRA is looooooooooooooooooooong. I got sick of it and rushed through it. Never replayed though.

Anything is replayed, would of course get boring? Like a movie. Becaus eyou enjoy it the first tim eyo play it, so you reply. otherwise, i wouldn't even bother with time trials. ha.

TRL is also good, for an office quick play if you're sure you won't get caught by your boss. :lol:

Spong
16-01-10, 00:59

Exactly :tmb:

Ultimate_Lara
19-01-10, 03:18
It was easy, but fun. It was a fresh start from AOD :)

Thea
19-01-10, 16:40
Well... it IS definitelly my least favorite part of the series. What I like in TR games is exploring, solving puzzles and mysteries... All of it is almost missing here. And I was struggling with the bloody controls :mad:
But the worst of all is Lara's crooked character. She was like "look at me, I'm so perfect" all the time! In the previous games, she was always very serious about history and artifacts. She would never say things like "How sweet" after reading some ancient text. I don't know why it bothers me so much, though :hea:
To mention also the good things, the graphics is breathtaking. I also like the forklift and the magnetic grapple and the tesla gun... Yes, there are positives as well...

zenazic
19-01-10, 18:03
nope its my favorite crystal dynamics game :) tra and tru are highly crap imo
even though no crystal dynamics games should be named 'Tomb Raider' because they are hardly a real tomb raider game

danjodan
19-01-10, 22:37
I liked legend for the easiness because sometimes I just walk through the levels because I find it relaxing LOL.And I admire the beautyful next gen graphics but I liked anniversary and underworld for the challenge so I like all of them.

Nenya awakens
19-01-10, 23:03
It's ok, i liked some of the levels, and it hd some of those moments that makes you go OOH, like for instance when the huge church emerges out of the gloom in the underground cave in England.

But i just found the game too short, too easy, too annoying with all the headphone chattering and those silly hint icons popping up.

plus no feckin braid, its a small thing to some, but to me its a big deal :p