PDA

View Full Version : TRF - Pees and Cees

remote91
14-11-09, 02:05
Give me one Pro and one Con of being a member of TRF.

Come on, get brutally honest

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/xxxmint/antm_tyraroar.gif

Quasimodo
14-11-09, 02:10
Pro - lots of active art and writing competitions
Con - can't change your avi yourself

laralives
14-11-09, 02:13
Pros - Great community.
Con - Has a boring layout (theme) :p

peeves
14-11-09, 02:14
Pro - talk to and post count rank fun games etc.
Con - can't change avatars and profile pictures yourself, limit rules, etc.

Tony9595
14-11-09, 02:15
Pro - Rules, I love to see a forum where everything feels alright :hug:
Con - So many game threads flooding GC! :hea: I know, some of them are funny... but I found lots of them completely pointless. Even though I post on them sometimes :o

larafan25
14-11-09, 02:26
Pros - some amount of input into the tomb raider games and lots of awesome Tyra gifs....

Cons - people who feel the need to contanstly pick at worthless crap in the tomb raider games because they have no other reason not to like a certain developer.(truly they seems to loose sense over it)

LaraCablara
14-11-09, 02:52
Pros- Generally friendly community.
Cons- Extremely sensitive community (I learned you cant mention how you had a nasty case of diarrhea, because the post will be deleted :()

Tommy123
14-11-09, 03:19
Pro- lots of cool people to talk to about video games
Con- this forum is very strict like LaraCablara said

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-11-09, 03:26
Pro - Good way to meet people and discuss my thoughts on Tomb Raider, as well as a wide range of other subjects.

Con - The incessant "Core vs. Crystal Dynamics" trench warfare

WSOwen02
14-11-09, 03:51
Pro: Large majority of the members
Cons: Needs more, stricter mods

GameGlitcher77
14-11-09, 04:07
Pros-Good people to talk to, good mods, and the only forum I'm a member of besides the Modding the Sims 2 forum

Cons-members that judge, critize and put down other members for no apparant reason, and I'm not saying any names, :whi: self appointed mods,
spammers, pointless GIF's, not being able to change your own avatar, etc. :p :ton: :ohn:

patriots88888
14-11-09, 04:09
P is for people. Some really wonderful ones here and a nice community overall!

C is for changes. There's been a significant shift in how the forum has evolved just in the past year and a half since I became a member here. How I miss those earlier days when things were much more relaxed and carefree!

EmeraldFields
14-11-09, 04:11
C is for changes. There's been a significant shift in how the forum has evolved just in the past year and a half since I became a member here. How I miss those earlier days when things were much more relaxed and carefree!

Do tell! Was it simply because there were less people at the time or is there more to it?:)

Quasimodo
14-11-09, 04:20
Cons: Needs more, stricter mods

15 isn't enough? :p

Admles
14-11-09, 04:21
Pro: Some great people here, and nice to see a forum with rules that are enforced
Con: Too much blatant AJ worship, no ability to change own avatar, large .GIFs still allowed

WSOwen02
14-11-09, 04:36
15 isn't enough? :p

Not at all and they need to be tougher too.

CerebralAssassin
14-11-09, 04:38
Not at all and they need to be tougher too.

lolwut?it ain't strict enough around here?! (?!)

Admles
14-11-09, 04:50
Hell no it's not.

WSOwen02
14-11-09, 05:10

Hell no!

At least not on the Video Games, Consoles and Related Discussions where I spend most of my time.

Won't name names but I see people flame baiting a lot. On the IGN boards, flame baiting gets you a 24 hour ban minimum.

Quasimodo
14-11-09, 05:11
Pro - features like member galleries
Cons - 60 second wait between searches *headdesk*

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-11-09, 05:38
Pros- Larger than average avatars, great mods, a wonderfully diverse community where we can all get along despite our differences. An administrator that actually listens to our input and suggestions.

Cons- No signatures, the inability to change your avatar on your own, and no "General Tomb Raider" section, for general TR talk that isn't associated with a specific game.

Overall this forum is fantastic, though. It's not perfect, but then again, no forum is. I've been posting here since I was 15, and I'm almost 23 now, so it's definitely my little internet home. <3 Members change constantly, and many of the people I was really close with don't post anymore, but I really do like everyone here (yes, everyone :)), because they all add some great input from different perspectives, and I appreciate that.

Quasimodo
14-11-09, 05:43
A TRF general chat section would negate the need for a future of TR section...

errr, I mean Tomb Raider General chat. Long day.

Draco
14-11-09, 05:46
Pro - Longevity
Con - GIFs

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-11-09, 06:01
A TRF general chat section would negate the need for a future of TR section...

errr, I mean Tomb Raider General chat. Long day.

Yes, I agree. At least until the game is names, then go ahead and list it, but before then, I really don't see a need for a "future TR" section. Tomb Raider General Chat would serve is perfectly, along with being able to hold popular threads like, "Which Lara is your favorite?" or "What is your favorite TR Level?". Things of the like.

viper456
14-11-09, 07:10
Give me one Pro and one Con of being a member of TRF.

Come on, get brutally honest

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/xxxmint/antm_tyraroar.gif

Pro = THAT GIF! <3 haha amazing! *saves* :p

Con = Elitist members.

Drone
14-11-09, 07:35
Pros - some interesting threads and discussions with interesting people, news about tr, some funny stuff

Con - GIFs, wasted time and bandwith, "people" who think that they're "smarter" than the rest

tomblover
14-11-09, 08:13
Pros: Mostly everything. :)

Cons: Very modhappy mods, (This happens in periods only, please don't kill me for saying it. o_O) aaand, too many rules. :vlol:

maniakatosheto
14-11-09, 08:38
Pro - Everybody is awesome!!! :yah: :hug:
con- .... The admins deleting our posts :whi: & waiting for avatar change and you can't do it on your own :mis:

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-09, 08:39
pro - input into tr games, friendly community, artwork, great topics
con - cd bashing, some people have nothing better to do but to pick fights (iv even seen a mod do this)

oh and its strict

tombraiderluka
14-11-09, 08:43
Pros - friendly community and i appreciate that a lot
Cons - many pointless rules (bout avatars, profile pics and more)

Lara's Nemesis
14-11-09, 08:45
Pros - The diversity of the people on here.
Cons - I can't think of anything that bothers me overly much.

VonCroy360
14-11-09, 09:57
Pro - The people here are mostly friendly, interesting and make it nice to be part of the community
Con - Some members seem to be the complete opposite of the pro I mentioned

Reggie
14-11-09, 10:04
Pros: Lots of interesting insightful and friendly people that I've met.
Cons: Sucks up way too much of my time, I like it here too much!

Phlip
14-11-09, 10:11
Pros - Debates. Once you get into one they're really fun.
Cons - Can't change your avatar yourself. And there's no reason for it to be like that, at all.

Nenya awakens
14-11-09, 10:23
Pro - I've met some brilliant people here and it's a fun way to keep up to date with Lara.

Con - Cant change avvie or search more then 0nce every 60 seconds, so if you mess up you have to wait.

Chocola teapot
14-11-09, 10:29
Pros: Alot of people heare are peaches, there is Always someone when your feeling down or need a chat. The Mods a thourough and make this a nice place to be on the whole, The artistic genius, the easyness, quite Large avatars, General chat... :whi:

Cons: Can't change Avatar yourself, Core Vs Crystal, Cant have many words in your sig, Nasty stuck up byutchus.
Oh my gosh, and waiting 60 secs to search! :confused:

Lara Croft!
14-11-09, 10:42
Pro : Chatting and practicing my English
Con : Can't make your own polls.

patriots88888
14-11-09, 10:50
Do tell! Was it simply because there were less people at the time or is there more to it?:)

From my perspective, there is more to it than that. I'm not positive there were less members at the time, it just seemed there was a much more relaxed atmosphere to the forum in general. Not nearly as much nitpicking or jumping down other members throats about this or that. Then again, maybe it's just me and I'm the one who's changed? :/

rowanlim
14-11-09, 11:00
Pros: Global community, friendly, disciplined
Cons: Too many game/random chat threads

marla_biggs
14-11-09, 12:24
Pees: nice mix of people, lots of postage & creative community
Cees: way too strict, loads of silly rules

WCookie
14-11-09, 12:32
Pro: It's full of nice people
Cons: Everybody ignores me /emo

Chocola teapot
14-11-09, 12:34
Pro: It's full of nice people
Cons: Everybody ignores me /emo

Us Random, Lunicidal maniacs are usually ignored, people just can't handle things which they dont understand... :pi:

WCookie
14-11-09, 12:43
Us Random, Lunicidal maniacs are usually ignored, people just can't handle things which they dont understand... :pi:

I guess you're right :pi:

Tonyrobinson
14-11-09, 12:51
Pros- Alot of fun and always buzzing...

Cons- Ignorant members, Big GIF's what slow down my laptop, Perhaps a bit too addictive :(

violentblossom
14-11-09, 12:53
Pros: the people.

Cons: 60 second wait between searches, time limit between pm's (I got alot to say, ya'll!), ocassional inconsistant moderation (but not by all), inability to change avatars, the censor applying to MGC.

Your_Envy*
14-11-09, 13:00
Pros: Great friends, it makes me in a good mood, funny pictures, MGC
Cons: Arguing about pathetic things, wave smiley (oh yes, I really don't like it when it's used when people are arguing), signature (I'd love to have bold signature for example, with little letters.. I don't want pictures though).

Romantics Inc.
14-11-09, 13:12
Pro: I Like the limits in avatars, signatures, etc. because then, every post isnt always an eye-sore, and you actually pay more attention to what the person has to say rather than their signature that takes up half the page :p

I also love most of the people on these forums, I have made GREAT friends here...

Cons: I would love to be able to change my avatar whenever I want.

Minty Mouth
14-11-09, 13:19
The people here are amazing. The design is simple, but I love it. The avatar size is perfect.

Not being able to change avatars on your own is still a problem. And everyone here knows there is no proper reason to have such a rule. The moderation is seemingly based on several "invisible" rules as well as the ones in the T&C.

mind
14-11-09, 13:34
Pro: the people to literally fall in love with and change your life like no one ever before
Cons: Ive got no further problems

bloodstormaoa
14-11-09, 14:02
Great thread idea :tmb:

Pro: As said by many, the people. I've met such wonderful people here.

Con: Complete lack of freedom, which is something that has really started to grate on me the last while. There's the usual can't change avatar etc. but it's more than that...I feel like a lot of people here, including myself, have to completely censor themselves in order to avoid the ban hammer. There's no freedom in terms of having a little fun with fellow members. You can't have a naturally flowing conversation develop within a thread or you're considered spamming, either by the mods or more annoyingly, the self-appointed ones! (Grrr!)

The worst thing for me is...I refuse to discuss TR anywhere on this board at this point. It always, imo, descends into this disgusting display of not respecting others opinions and ridulous arguments over pointless crap...Such a shame because that's the reason I joined this board, to discuss my favourite game series.

LightningRider
14-11-09, 14:08
Pros - Many Great Members (Tomb Raider fans, I am not alone I said! :p) who are mostly friendly, :mis: Also, very orderly.

Cons - I have no complaints, except for the fact I can't go and have a conversation regrdaing something in a thread, when it's clearly a part of the thread too sometimes. ;)

Avatar changing doesn't generally phase me, I like to associate people with an avatar, but when they change it, I go "Who are they? :confused:". And I know a lot of people want to change their avvies almost everyday. :D

snork
14-11-09, 14:10
pro : crowded
con : crowded

msalpha2omega
14-11-09, 15:07
PRO: Everything works perfect
CON: People complaining about almost everything.... Including myself....

ajrich17901
14-11-09, 15:19
Pro - There's some amazing people on here and its not as strict as many forums.

Con - So much Pop Music threads it makes my stomache turn, some people act like there above everyone else, not being able to change your avtar or profile picture yourself, way to much censoring other peoples posts by mods.

Phys
14-11-09, 15:24
Pro - Lots of active discussion about tomb raider titles

Con - 90% of people here aren't honest enough and suck up to people.

violentblossom
14-11-09, 15:59
Great thread idea :tmb:

Pro: As said by many, the people. I've met such wonderful people here.

Con: Complete lack of freedom, which is something that has really started to grate on me the last while. There's the usual can't change avatar etc. but it's more than that...I feel like a lot of people here, including myself, have to completely censor themselves in order to avoid the ban hammer. There's no freedom in terms of having a little fun with fellow members. You can't have a naturally flowing conversation develop within a thread or you're considered spamming, either by the mods or more annoyingly, the self-appointed ones! (Grrr!)

The worst thing for me is...I refuse to discuss TR anywhere on this board at this point. It always, imo, descends into this disgusting display of not respecting others opinions and ridulous arguments over pointless crap...Such a shame because that's the reason I joined this board, to discuss my favourite game series.

I totally agree with this whole post. TRF has really, really changed drastically, even in the short year I've been here.

It isn't as much fun as it used to be, it isn't as active, and I'm becoming more and more bored with the topics discussed.

irjudd
14-11-09, 16:04
I totally disagree with whatever VB has to say. Because.

Actually to be perfectly honest, this place feels to me exactly like it did 4+ years ago when I joined. I have watched the environment go up and down numerous times since then. It gets rockin' and fun, then it gets stale and boring (and perhaps the mods get so bored that they get a little more heavy handed?), then it picks up again and is a blast to be a part of. I still love it here. :tmb:

snork
14-11-09, 18:28
I agree with what the one with the poor alter ego choice said. :ton:

really, bloodstormaoa and VB, maybe you need to reconsider your understanding of "freedom". :confused:

Maybe worth a topic of it's own ?

tombraiderluka
14-11-09, 18:30
I totally disagree with whatever VB has to say. Because.

Actually to be perfectly honest, this place feels to me exactly like it did 4+ years ago when I joined. I have watched the environment go up and down numerous times since then. It gets rockin' and fun, then it gets stale and boring (and perhaps the mods get so bored that they get a little more heavy handed?), then it picks up again and is a blast to be a part of. I still love it here. :tmb:
I strongly agree with this :tmb: :tmb:

bloodstormaoa
14-11-09, 18:35
@ Irjudd - I agree with you in terms of the ups and downs of the forums. I've experienced the lulls before. I just feel like the place is a little more constricting now...

I totally agree with this whole post. TRF has really, really changed drastically, even in the short year I've been here.

It isn't as much fun as it used to be, it isn't as active, and I'm becoming more and more bored with the topics discussed.

:tmb:

really, bloodstormaoa and VB, maybe you need to reconsider your understanding of "freedom". :confused:

Maybe you could offer your spin on "freedom" with regards to the forum in order to help me reconsider.

Noodleboy
14-11-09, 18:49
Pro: Lots of members, very active

Con: Very little freedom regarding avvies and profile pics, some members think they are above everybody else

scoopy_loopy
17-11-09, 07:10
Nvm.

Jack Croft
17-11-09, 07:51
Pro - Community, we have great discussions!

Cons - Cant change avatar.

Night Crawler
17-11-09, 08:09
Pro - First for Tomb Raider News.
Con - Limited freedom of speech.

Reckless Lara
17-11-09, 09:58
Let me think a little bit...for example

Pros- a large community with new members, news associated with TR in general... its fun, a nice place to discuss everything...
Cons-Signatures with images arent allowed...:(

Paddy
17-11-09, 10:06
Pros - Good people here, lots of fun discussing TR and other random stuff, I get along well or try to even if I aint very well liked :D

Cons - People can be quick to jump on bandwagons, people can be quick to be judgmental, more importantly, they are quick to jump on me for disagreeing about certain things. Now thats just me, I couldnt give a flying rats ass if someone jumps on this. Im here like everyone else to say an opinion and Ill do so.