PDA

View Full Version : Revlon Colorstay ?

wadej88
19-11-09, 00:59
Hey guys, So I had a sample of revlon colorstay in natural beige, and it was a bit orange for my pale skin, but nothing too noticeable.

So anyway, Ive been using Covergirl Clean Makeup in ivory, i can be a bit pale wearing it, but its usually ok.

I bought colorstay in the colour NUDE instead of ivory (its coming in the mail)
My question is, has anyone used this color from colorstay before? And if so what does it look like? Or any pics :-) Thanks guys :)

wadej88
19-11-09, 01:02
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5429/combonude1.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/combonude1.jpg/)

That isnt much of an indication :-/

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-11-09, 01:23
I use Revlon Color Stay (Buff), and putting it bluntly, it's by far the best foundation I have ever used. And that's saying a lot, because I have tried so many things. It really gives your skin such a satiny and flawless look, I simply adore it. <3

It's the only foundation I will ever use again (unless something new and awesome comes out :vlol:), and I've never known anyone not to like it. :D

I'm wearing it in this pic:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/pic2.jpg

Bear in mind that my skin tone is about a shade darker, but the flash on my camera washed me out. Still, you can see that the finish looks very natural, yet is very satiny and smooth. :)

Little-Lara
19-11-09, 02:22
/\ Mel have you ever tried Mac's select tint? and if you did, how would you compare it to Colorstay foundation...better or worse?

I've never tried Revlon's foundation, but i just wanted to add fyi that Revlon Colorstay eyeshadows are amazing. Eyeliners too. So WadeJ if you're in need of eye makeup I suggest go ahead and stock up, cause they work very well. Just like the high end products.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-11-09, 02:30
Hmm... I've never tried Mac's select tint. I'll give it a go and let you know what I think. :D

Little-Lara
19-11-09, 02:36
Hmm... I've never tried Mac's select tint. I'll give it a go and let you know what I think. :D

Ok. My opinion on Mac's Select tint for you two (Mel and WadeJ) is that it looks COMPLETELY natural, too natural, it covers medium, covers pores completely, covers blemishes half way. Its perfect for work cause it's not obvious looking. I tried Cliniques foundation that was medium, also natural looking........if it helps you out in any way.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-11-09, 02:50
Sounds perfect. :D I love my Revlon Colorstay, but I have to put just a little bit on or it will be too heavy. I've been wanting to try something light, but didn't know what to try. I might really end up liking this Man tint. :D

Tonyrobinson
19-11-09, 03:03
Well my sister is a qualified Beautician and she uses Revlon. I don't know what one it is but this is the effect of it on her...

The problem I would say in the two pictures I had up of her before I editted this, is that it makes her look very young. In the photo she is actually 25 and looks about 17!

wadej88
19-11-09, 05:14
/\ Mel

I've never tried Revlon's foundation, but i just wanted to add fyi that Revlon Colorstay eyeshadows are amazing. Eyeliners too. So WadeJ if you're in need of eye makeup I suggest go ahead and stock up, cause they work very well. Just like the high end products.

Hey little lara, Im a guy so im not really into the whole eye makeup thing haha, I wear foundation to even out my skin tone and cover up acne scarring.

Melanie, would you say buff is rather white? Because I would prefer to be a bit white (not pale, but it seems ivory is like bone white?).

Nude seems to be a bit dark on the colour chart, but im going to have to see how it goes :-) I have ivory pressed powder, would that lighten it up?

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-11-09, 05:27
Buff is pretty white, yes. I wouldn't recommend any lighter.

You wear powder too, right? That will set the foundation. Without it, you're face is going to appear oily (even if it isn't).

wadej88
19-11-09, 05:36
Yeah i usually use "face of australia" concealer (a cheap white one, so it doesent have very good coverage), Covergirl Clean makeup in ivory, Then revlon new complexion pressed powder in ivory.

I usually seem a bit pale, but I dont like looking brown or orange or anything, Nude seems to be pink? I guess we can see how it goes. I could always mix in some covergirl ivory foundation? Or just buy a bottle of colorstay in ivory till i get the right color? lol