PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Experts Challenge Hall of Fame

EscondeR
19-11-09, 19:27
is finally being restored.

Current version is HERE (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/hof/index.html) containing challenges of 2008/2009 seasons.

History section is under construction ATM.

Enjoy! :)

tomblover
19-11-09, 19:34
This is unrelated (Lol. xD) but I had such a big flashback when I saw the name Anker on the lists. Jesus, I get goosebumps from my time as a lurker. :vlol:

EscondeR
19-11-09, 19:36
You'll get more when the History of Challenge section is ready ;)

Phys
19-11-09, 19:43
I didn't even know this existed :D

Your_Envy*
19-11-09, 19:45
You had this challenge for TRII too, right? :) I remember some thread about it, and all the screens and everything. :D Looks like fun! :jmp:

EscondeR
19-11-09, 19:49
If you read the EC FAQ (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/hof/hc.html), you will find out when and by whom it was started, who was involved... and, yes, we had and still have those for TR1-5 inclusive. Will try another attempt of Crystal games challenges soon perhaps :)

tombraiderluka
19-11-09, 20:02
So Im really puzzled, how can you get 60 out of 59 secrets in TR3?

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-11-09, 20:18
Nice to see Saki up there :tmb:

EscondeR
19-11-09, 20:23
So Im really puzzled, how can you get 60 out of 59 secrets in TR3?

There are 2 alternative paths through Coastal Village level, each provides 3 secrets (and only 3 secrets are counted finally), but the level contains 4 secrets actually. Using a trick you can follow one route, then move to another route and collect all 4 secrets (so one extra will be counted in final stats of the level and the game) :)
For detailed description refer to Walkthrough on TombRaiderHub or www.tombraiderchronicles.com site :tmb:

tombraiderluka
19-11-09, 20:27
There are 2 alternative paths through Coastal Village level, each provides 3 secrets (and only 3 secrets are counted finally), but the level contains 4 secrets actually. Using a trick you can follow one route, then move to another route and collect all 4 secrets (so one extra will be counted in final stats of the level and the game) :)
For detailed description refer to Walkthrough on TombRaiderHub or www.tombraiderchronicles.com site :tmb:
Oh wow thanks, I never actually knew that :eek: I'm gonna try it on my next replay :)

Johnnay
19-11-09, 21:36
For detailed description refer to Walkthrough on TombRaiderHub or www.tombraiderchronicles.com (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com) site :tmb:

which explains why TR3 was kinda Unfinished:(

but then........good luck people

Lavinder
19-11-09, 22:28
Wow nostalgia of old members :D.

Explorer
19-11-09, 23:06
Wow to have the TR Challenges on the Hub :tmb:

It was fun participating in the TR3 challenge, got a lot from it :)

Ikas90
20-11-09, 04:38
Nice to see Saki up there :tmb:

Thanks Mel. :D :hug:

Although Alex, those images appear pixelated for me. :(

I think I'll enjoy participating in the Crystal's challenges. I haven't actually played a TR game in ages! :eek: Would love to get back into it. :tmb:

EscondeR
20-11-09, 05:36
Although Alex, those images appear pixelated for me. :(

Thanx for the note. I'll choose the best size and compression ratio to make them maximally readable. :) Or make tables instead of images ;)

peeves
20-11-09, 17:10
Wasn't there supposed to be an AOD challenge there too? What happened to AOD?

Scottlee
29-11-09, 21:21
Hi all.

I haven't been online since January, but this seemed like a fitting thread to return to. I used to love the old challenge threads.

Hoping to be on much more from now on so will see you all around. Glad to see you carried the challenge flame forward with great spirit and competency, Esconder.

EscondeR
29-11-09, 21:24
:hug:

Long time no see, Scottlee.

Hope you'll be a regular poster from now on as well :)

It's a matter of time only when I restore old challenges stats also. I hope you won't object if I ask you to help with information I possibly need ;)

DREWY
30-11-09, 09:52
Hey Hey Scottlee :wve: Long see no time (or words to that effect!!)
Great renewal thread Alex :tmb:
I am taking a few days off over Christmas. I hope a game coincides with that!

EscondeR
30-11-09, 10:45
It's all in our hands ;)
Are you OK with TR5 challenge (logical order after TR4)? Or should we better run TR1 challenge separately, not to mess with our Xmas tradition? :)

peeves
30-11-09, 20:20
Hi all.

I haven't been online since January, but this seemed like a fitting thread to return to. I used to love the old challenge threads.

Hoping to be on much more from now on so will see you all around. Glad to see you carried the challenge flame forward with great spirit and competency, Esconder.

Scottlee our former mod returned at last ;) How about doing a no medi pack no dying challenge?

MattTR
01-12-09, 11:58
The link doesn't work for me? :confused:

Anyway looking forward to this.. :D

peeves
01-12-09, 23:12

Anyway looking forward to this.. :D

Maybe we should do a TR1 Revised challenge with no medi packs.

EscondeR
03-12-09, 22:32

What link? Hall of Fame? :confused:
Just checked - it's working...

DREWY
04-12-09, 10:38
Still fine for me too :tmb:

MattTR
06-12-09, 00:01
What link? Hall of Fame? :confused:
Just checked - it's working...

Works now, must have been my blasted connection before. :p

EscondeR
10-12-09, 20:44
Hall of Fame (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/hof/index.html) is updated with more interesting stats.

Planned changes:
- more challenges restored
- tables instead of screenshots
- Unified EC rules (inviting, starting, running, creating recognizable threads basics)

Stay tuned!

Mytly
14-12-09, 21:10
Very interesting! :tmb: I liked reading up on the history of the Expert Challenges. :D

Alex Shepherd
06-02-10, 00:24
How do I have to join?

Alex Shepherd
21-02-10, 10:11
Guys when are we gonna start :(