PDA

View Full Version : And we thought octomom was bad...

aurora89
23-11-09, 20:08
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230142/Pregnant-mother-13-says-I-having-babies-I-twins.html

what is this i dont even

ROGUE. BLACKBIRD. SHE NAMED HER KID BLACKBIRD. SHE NAMED HER KID FRODO. *cries*

That's totally ignoring the fact that she's seriously abusing taxpayers' money. Ugh. People like this make me sick. :hea:

touchthesky
23-11-09, 20:12
her nine-month-old is called Voorhees after the Friday the 13th horror film character

:o LOL.

violentblossom
23-11-09, 20:15
How is it even legal for them to live in a 3 bedroom home?

jackles
23-11-09, 20:17
Peppermint is a sweet name..... :cln:

Well atleast her other half works. I know a family of 12 who parents don't.

robm_2007
23-11-09, 20:20
what a stupid *****! lol and WTF, lady! not that i think that kids shouldnt of been born, though.

im all for naming your kids uncommon names for the sake of being original, but it seems she just is naming them with stupid names for the sake of being stupid.

even celebrities dont give their kids names as dumb as most of those.

Mad Tony
23-11-09, 20:25
Now there's a person who should be forcibly sterilized.

****ing woman. She's nothing more than a drain on society.

Cochrane
23-11-09, 20:29
How is it even legal for them to live in a 3 bedroom home?

I don't think anything would be very much better if they evicted them.

EscondeR
23-11-09, 20:30
O tempora, o mores... :rolleyes:

Forwen
23-11-09, 20:31
Oopsie daisy! (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/29/study-links-unusual-surnames-to-criminality/)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 20:34
Now there's a person who should be forcibly sterilized.

****ing woman. She's nothing more than a drain on society.

Agreed. It's stuff like this that makes me think breeding should be a privilege and not a rite.

Encore
23-11-09, 20:35
Why exactly is this news worthy?
Oh except maybe for the apalling reactions it causes (examples on this thread).

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 20:38
Why exactly is this news worthy?
Oh except maybe for the apalling reactions it causes (examples on this thread).

So you think what she's doing is a good thing?

snork
23-11-09, 20:39
absolutely

In Germany it is one of Pipi Longstockings' names. (Pfefferminza). In the Swedish original it is spearmint, though (Krusmynta).
Pippilotta Viktualia Rullgardina Krusmynta Efraimsdotter Långstrump :cln:

I never heard of mackrelmint, but in Pipi's English name.

In Germany the registrar's office can object to ridiculous names that they consider being against the child's good. (the Pumuckl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumuckl) case was in the media for weeks or months, other names were Beckenbauer and the like)

Encore
23-11-09, 20:43
So you think what she's doing is a good thing?

You just had to go and label me hadn't you? Sure makes things easier. ;)

Well I never said anything about her actions. She did what she did and as far as I know it's not illegal. But I'm more interested in how people react to this completely uninteresting news, by imeddiately showing their pettiness and violence and eagerness to pass judgments on other human beings.

That's all I took from this thread. Throughout the years I saw news of people doing far worst things and crowds still cheering at them for it. So even though this woman was quite silly indeed, excuse me for not sharing the mob anger.

violentblossom
23-11-09, 20:47
I don't think anything would be very much better if they evicted them.

No, but with all that extra money they're getting, I don't see why they couldn't afford a bigger place.

In the U.S, stuff like that isn't legal. I certainly don't think they'd put the children on the streets, anyway.

TRhalloween
23-11-09, 20:49
I'm going to shoot her.

scion05
23-11-09, 20:51

Well atleast her other half works. I know a family of 12 who parents don't.

It suppose to it depends on why they don't work. If they don't fetch have high enough qualifications to fetch in enough money to the household, than in some cases, they're better off on the benefits. It's what sociologists sometimes call " The Poverty Trap ". Falling pregnant, having to give up work because working and childcare don't go well together, and then not being able to return to work becausr they wouldn't be able to afford the care even if they did.

Sounds silly, but there's more to it than that :)

violentblossom
23-11-09, 20:51
I'm going to shoot her.

:vlol:

Jo269976
23-11-09, 20:52
her nine-month-old is called Voorhees after the Friday the 13th horror film character

Win.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 20:53
You just had to go and label me hadn't you? Sure makes things easier. ;)

Well I never said anything about her actions. She did what she did and as far as I know it's not illegal. But I'm more interested in how people react to this completely uninteresting news, by imeddiately showing their pettiness and violence and eagerness to pass judgments on other human beings.

That's all I took from this thread. Throughout the years I saw news of people doing far worst things and crowds still cheering at them for it. So even though this woman was quite silly indeed, excuse me for not sharing the mob anger.

Well, you are the only one comparing everyone else in the thread to a mindless mob.

Silly? SILLY?!!? I'd call bringing children into the world just to fulfill some (unlikely) fantasy selfish and borderline neurotic. She doesn't care about the quality of life they'll have, any difficulties they'll face with their bizarre names, or least of all who has to pay for her to live out this insanity.

Little-Lara
23-11-09, 21:32
She needs to be slapped and her children taken away. This is complete child abuse, who knows what kind of education they'll have or childhood experiences.

Having twins depend on genes. She knows she won't have twins any time soon. She's just got a stupid alibi to smooch off of the government benefits. :mad: :mad: :mad:

amalitsa
23-11-09, 21:42
this is sick....can she even provide the basics for her kids?

Cochrane
23-11-09, 21:44
O tempora, o mores... :rolleyes:
Oh tempora… You know, in the old times, having a lot of children, up to this amount, was actually pretty common. The difference is just that these days, they can be expected to survive.

No, but with all that extra money they're getting, I don't see why they couldn't afford a bigger place.

In the U.S, stuff like that isn't legal. I certainly don't think they'd put the children on the streets, anyway.
Well, the article does state that they don't have too much money, despite the government aid.

She needs to be slapped and her children taken away. This is complete child abuse, who knows what kind of education they'll have or childhood experiences.
Well, I know who does not know what kind of education and childhood they have: You. And me neither, of course.

Having twins depend on genes. She knows she won't have twins any time soon. She's just got a stupid alibi to smooch off of the government benefits. :mad: :mad: :mad:
You seriously think managing such a huge family is the best way to get money from the government, when we live in a time where you can get EU subsidies for having sheep on your front lawn?

I'd like to point out that I don't really care about her either way, but some of the replies here are certainly interesting.

EscondeR
23-11-09, 21:54
Oh tempora… You know, in the old times, having a lot of children, up to this amount, was actually pretty common. The difference is just that these days, they can be expected to survive.

Hey, I'm not about the quantity... :p I'm about freaking names :wve:

And the quality [of life of all those children] is also matters... Not supposed to be very high in family of that kind.

Mad Tony
23-11-09, 21:55
Agreed. It's stuff like this that makes me think breeding should be a privilege and not a rite.Well, I think breeding is a right but this is ridiculous, especially considering her reasons and the fact that she obviously can't support them herself (hence why she's getting £50,000 a year in welfare). If she was married to some multi-millionaire and they could afford to support the kids without having to rely on so much welfare then I don't think this would be as bad.

Cochrane
23-11-09, 21:56
Hey, I'm not about the quantity... :p I'm about freaking names :wve:

And the quality [of life of all those children] is also matters... Not supposed to be very high in family of that kind.

Okay, the names are messed up alright. :D As for the quality of life… I guess you are right, but all we have is her word that this is not the case, and lots of people online and offline arguing that she's lying. It's a question for social services to answer, not for me.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 22:02
Well, I think breeding is a right but this is ridiculous, especially considering her reasons and the fact that she obviously can't support them herself (hence why she's getting £50,000 a year in welfare). If she was married to some multi-millionaire and they could afford to support the kids without having to rely on so much welfare then I don't think this would be as bad.

I wasn't really serious, but things like this do boggle the mind. One of the reasons I hopped on this right away is that it sounds just like my brother... He just declared bankruptcy but they're still trying to have another kid. They don't think or plan anything, it's just a big "I want" complex, which is the same with this woman. To me, having children is a very serious endeavor, and something a lot of people seem to put very little consideration into.

aurora89
23-11-09, 22:16
Well, the article does state that they don't have too much money, despite the government aid.

and yet they're spending close to 400 pounds per child on Christmas gifts and going on holiday and things. :hea:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 22:19
and yet they're spending close to 400 pounds per child on Christmas gifts and going on holiday and things. :hea:

Where did you see that?

AmericanAssassin
23-11-09, 22:21
Her nine-month-old is called Voorhees after the Friday the 13th horror film character.

Hahaha! :vlol: I love it. I would never do it, but Friday the 13th is one of my favorite film series. :p

EscondeR
23-11-09, 22:21
Here:
Yet Miss Foss, who has just run up a £5,000 bill buying her children's Christmas gifts at Toys R Us, claims they have to watch every penny.

violentblossom
23-11-09, 22:24

If she can blow that much money at Toys R Us, she can find a place, at least a large apartment, with more than 3 bedrooms.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 22:31
Here:

Oh... Whoops, I just scanned the article.

Those kids are going to grow up addicted to welfare.

Squibbly
23-11-09, 22:36
She is unable to financially support all those children, so she should not be allowed to have any more. She's abusing the welfare system so she can "have twins one day". What a nutter.

da tomb raider!
23-11-09, 22:41
How uncivilised. Perhaps the mother will realise that having so many children might not be such a good idea when she watches them grow up in an even more overpopulated, polluted, resource-strained planet. One or two children is generally just fine. Having 13 is thoughtless and does nobody any good in the long run. But hey, at least she might be able to satisfy the bizarre, selfish desire of having twins one day.

And what's with the ridiculous names? I can only speak for myself, but I certainly wouldn't like to grow up with the name "Frodo".

Squibbly
23-11-09, 22:43
^ That's exactly what she is. Selfish.

Voni
23-11-09, 22:54
Poor kids. Having to grow up squeezed in together just because their mom wants twins. What makes twins any more special than the kids she already has? And the names, dear God, the names... I bet her first kid, Patrick, is so grateful he's out of there!

On a different note, I love the caption on the first picture. 'A pregnant woman silhouetted against a set of blinds'. REALLY? :vlol:

Mad Tony
23-11-09, 22:55
How the hell do they all fit in a 3 bedroom house? I live in a 4 bedroom house with my parents and there's only 3 of us lol :p

Squibbly
23-11-09, 22:56
On a different note, I love the caption on the first picture. 'A pregnant woman silhouetted against a set of blinds'. REALLY? :vlol:

Omg, I didn't see that before. :vlol: :vlol:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 23:02
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the husband/life partner/breeding stud in this discussion. Obviously he has a part to play, he could just as well say "enough's enough". BUT, I seriously doubt that would do much good. She'd probably just go find another willing "donor".

Squibbly
23-11-09, 23:04
^ Yeah, he's equally to blame for all this, definitely.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-11-09, 23:06
How the hell do they all fit in a 3 bedroom house? I live in a 4 bedroom house with my parents and there's only 3 of us lol :p

I think in this case it classifies as more of a... "nest"

P.S. Woo hoo, 1k!

EmeraldFields
23-11-09, 23:07
Seriously, Blackbird? Those kids are going to be picked on their whole lives.

However they aren't as bad as...

4real Superman Wheaton
GoldenPalaceDotCom Silverman
Savior God Scientist Allah
Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa
Espn Malachi McCall
Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K.
Lleieusszuieusszesszes Willihiminizisteizzi Hurrizzissteizzi
Dick Assman
Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116

http://wiki.name.com/en/10_Weirdest_Names

Some parents are A MESS!http://i47.************/33mly87.gif

Squibbly
23-11-09, 23:09
I think in this case it classifies as more of a... "nest"

P.S. Woo hoo, 1k!

off topic: yeah, made a thread for you, lol.

EscondeR
23-11-09, 23:15
*Wonders when someone thinks about Baman/Piderman variants* :whi:

snork
23-11-09, 23:27
Voilà ;)

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2442823_yxf5a/batman_bin_suparman.jpg

TRhalloween
23-11-09, 23:30
Dick Assman

Who told you about my old alias? :mad:

NemesisxAngelus
23-11-09, 23:31
That Batman isn't as funny as Dat Ho. :pi:

peeves
23-11-09, 23:37
Well i think the lady should stop fertilizing she won't ever have twins nor triplets so she should stop.

EmeraldFields
23-11-09, 23:44
Who told you about my old alias? :mad:

http://i48.************/mttf68.jpg

Uzi master
24-11-09, 00:05
my name is Blade and I rarley have someone make a comment on it, you guys should be more worried about the living conditions, jeez.

by the way, if you say ther names are wierd your the ones picking on them

Sgt BOMBULOUS
24-11-09, 00:18
my name is Blade and I rarley have someone make a comment on it, you guys should be more worried about the living conditions, jeez.

Both issues are concerning. What we personally think about the names is irrelevant; however knowing human nature, we know how they are likely to be received - IE: badly.

EmeraldFields
24-11-09, 00:18

While "Blade" is not common, it certainly isn't odd. Do you think the name "Blackbird" is considered common or conventional? Kids will be kids and they will not be kind to other kids with odd names.

larasbestm8
24-11-09, 01:01
At least she keeps the house tidy and such, its not like they are fithy scrounging chavs.

And on the name front, my name is actually Emma-Rose Star of Destiny. I like the Emma-Rose, but Star of Destiny? When people ask my middle name I've taken to saying star ¬_¬

lita212
24-11-09, 01:30
tbh when it does come to octomom. i actually think people are judging her unfairly. i watch the documentary on her and it clearly showed she was a loving mum. and when she made the comment about angelina jolie it made me laugh because people hail her like shes a goddess yet shes getting to the point where shes getting too many kids at once. but because shes a celebrity she gets praise for it.
same as madonna people slated her for adopting yet they didnt with angelina? why is that? how can one person be judged differntly to another when they have done the same thing?

aurora89
24-11-09, 02:00
tbh when it does come to octomom. i actually think people are judging her unfairly. i watch the documentary on her and it clearly showed she was a loving mum. and when she made the comment about angelina jolie it made me laugh because people hail her like shes a goddess yet shes getting to the point where shes getting too many kids at once. but because shes a celebrity she gets praise for it.
same as madonna people slated her for adopting yet they didnt with angelina? why is that? how can one person be judged differntly to another when they have done the same thing?

Um, Angelina can AFFORD her kids. :p Octomom is using our tax dollars to support her kids, including the super-high-risk birth. And I don't know what kind of magic the documentary people did but if you've heard any of her numerous 911 (emergency) calls you'd know she's out of her mind cuckoo. Angelina didn't have 6 kids at once, either, AND she's got a husband helping her out (or... whatever Brad Pitt is to her? I don't remember), whereas octomom is living alone with her parents. The big difference between Angie and octomom is that Ange is having lots of kids the responsible way, whereas octomom is anything but responsible.

I don't know about Madonna, but I do know that the vast majority of people are fine with Angelina having that many kids because they know she's not mooching off taxpayer dollars or having so many kids! I think Angelina gets ragged on too by the same people who hated on Madonna, but they're a minority of people.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-11-09, 02:14
I think she has some mental problems. O.o