PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans

Johnnay
26-11-09, 06:29
Happy Thanksgiving to all

since i dont celebrate it what do you guys do besides eat Turkey( which takes around 5-6 hrs) to cook fully in the oven.

What are your storys.

bye for now:)

Little-Lara
26-11-09, 06:37
Thanks, and Happy Turkey Day to everyone. WE all have things to give thanks for. As for myself, I've got Turkeys-a-brinin and tounges-a-waterin, and you can bet, I'll be fortifying myself for the Black Friday/Blue Friday sales. :jmp: :D

Aranara
26-11-09, 06:52
In Romania we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But Happy Turkey Day to everyone :)

disneyprincess20
26-11-09, 07:01
Happy thanksgiving you lot, enjoy your turkey!

scoopy_loopy
26-11-09, 07:29
Its turkey time. :mis:

Why doesnt Australia have cool holidays like that? No halloween, no thanksgiving. Although I guess being paid time and a half over the Queens three-day-long "birthday" is pretty good :D

Johnnay
26-11-09, 09:13
Its turkey time. :mis:

Why doesnt Australia have cool holidays like that? No halloween, no thanksgiving. Although I guess being paid time and a half over the Queens three-day-long "birthday" is pretty good :D

pffffffff. total crap anyway:mad:

yeah why doesnt Australia get good holidays like this:)

ShadyCroft
26-11-09, 09:18
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!! :D

God, my brother is in California right now with my aunt and cousins, definitely eating Turkey...and where am I ? :o *sigh* oh well !

ajrich17901
26-11-09, 09:24
Its not that big of a holiday anyway lol, just another day to me actually.

patriots88888
26-11-09, 09:53
Gobble, gobble! :p

Yea, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :)

http://newtonculturalcenter.org/images/THANKSGIVING_Turkey.gif

Legends
26-11-09, 10:17
Happy "People-always-complain-I-don't-eat-turkey-day!" Thanksgiving. :D

Carbonek_0051
26-11-09, 13:06
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Can't wait to feast.:mis:

voltz
26-11-09, 13:23
You know even if you don't live in the US, go ahead and treat yourself anyway. :p

Eddie Haskell
26-11-09, 14:02
I think that one of this great nations best writers and humorists puts it best here (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-oped1125keillornov25,0,1228365,print.column): It is not long at all, and a great read. :)

Btw, I love Thanksgiving. When you are away from home for most of 20 years in the military, you really learn to appreciate and love family get-togethers. Spending Thanksgiving eating in a tent with a few dirty, grizzled soldiers will do that... :)

irjudd
26-11-09, 14:10
While I don't participate in this Thanksgiving nonsense, I do appreciate having a paid day off. :yah:

rowanlim
26-11-09, 14:19
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :hug: :yah:

violentblossom
26-11-09, 14:21
Happy Irjuddly- I mean, er, Turkey Day!

LegendLost
26-11-09, 14:23
Happy Thanks Giving

-Um my family starts the day off by waking up early
-Eventually we all start getting mad cause we only have 2 showers and 4 of us need to shower.
-Then we attempt to all get in the car and go to my aunts. but someone usually lags behind and my mom gets mad.
-We sit in the car silently for 25 mins.
-Then we arrive at my aunts with all the family and pretend we're happy.
-We eat dinner around 2pm... for whatever reason.
-Eat desert around 4.
-Watch some crappy movie from the like 40's
-Discus how horrible the economy.
-Give each other hugs around 7 and go home.

My family is very typical as sad as it sounds.... haha

Bellacima
26-11-09, 14:25
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody on the TombRaiderForums!! :):D

Dennis's Mom
26-11-09, 14:25
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We're deep-frying the turkey again this year. Here's hoping we don't burn down the house. :D I've got the dressing made and rolls-a-rising. Still got deviled eggs, broccoli/rice/chz casserole and green bean casserole to go.

Go Cowboys! Hook 'em Horns! Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Catapharact
26-11-09, 14:27
Happy Thanksgiving :).

EmeraldFields
26-11-09, 14:30
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:D

This is one of my favorite holidays because it's a time where our family can get together and have a great time and eat.

We're having turkey, mashed potatoes, baked beans, broccoli and cheese casserole, creamed corn, green beans, and pie!:cln:

disneyprincess20
26-11-09, 14:32
While I don't participate in this Thanksgiving nonsense, I do appreciate having a paid day off. :yah:

Can I ask why?

We're deep-frying the turkey again this year. Here's hoping we don't burn down the house. :D I've got the dressing made and rolls-a-rising. Still got deviled eggs, broccoli/rice/chz casserole and green bean casserole to go.

How (and why) do you deep-fry a turkey?!

violentblossom
26-11-09, 14:37
Were having:

Turkey

Honey glazed ham (compliments of my job :D)

Mashed potatoes

Green bean casserole

Sweet potatoes with brown sugar and marshmellows

Stuffing

Pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

&

Cherry pie. <3

I'd invite Nate, Raquel, Keith, Squibbly, Ana, Joely Moley and many others if I could. :p

irjudd
26-11-09, 14:39
Can I ask why?

Sure you can. I don't like the history behind how it was instituted and how large of a role religion played in it. So we just arrange other convenient times to get together with family.

voltz
26-11-09, 14:40
I don't think religion is a good topic to start with.

disneyprincess20
26-11-09, 14:41
Sure you can. I don't like the history behind how it was instituted and how large of a role religion played in it. So we just arrange other convenient times to get together with family.

Seems sensible. I was just curious. I also didn't realise there was such a large role for religion in the institution of Thanksgiving. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

MattTR
26-11-09, 15:26
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D I know Canada celebrates it at a different time, not sure about the rest of the world.. :eek: :p

Anywho, I'm going to see the family today. :)

Chocola teapot
26-11-09, 15:29
Yay for you American hunnehs!

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-11-09, 15:32
My favorite holiday, yaaay! :yah:

MattTR
26-11-09, 15:33
My favorite holiday, yaaay! :yah:

Are you doing the cooking, Mel? :eek:

You having us all over for a feast? :cln: :p

Chocola teapot
26-11-09, 15:36

I'd make a flight.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-11-09, 15:37

Yes, I'm cooking, but not all of it. Mom is doing some too.

And of course, all TRF members are welcome to my house for a feast, whether you're American or not. :D :hug:

Draco
26-11-09, 15:40
Seems sensible. I was just curious. I also didn't realise there was such a large role for religion in the institution of Thanksgiving. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

Not more than religion affected anything else back in the day really.

MattTR
26-11-09, 15:40
Yes, I'm cooking, but not all of it. Mom is doing some too.

And of course, all TRF members are welcome to my house for a feast, whether you're American or not. :D :hug:

You go girl! :ohn: And thanks for the lovely invite, sweetie! :o :hug:

stranger1992
26-11-09, 15:42
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!? You ozzy's get paid more for the Queen's birthday? Pfftttt they could try that over here in merry ol' England!

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-09, 15:42
poor turkeys :( but on a lighter note enjoy yourselves :)

MattTR
26-11-09, 15:44
poor turkeys :( but on a lighter note enjoy yourselves :)

I will refrain myself from eating... too much turkey.. :p

Minty Mouth
26-11-09, 15:53
What do you Americans eat at chirstmas then, if you have Turkey a month beforehand.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving :p

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-09, 15:55
I will refrain myself from eating... too much turkey.. :p

dont tease the vegetarian:cln:

SamReeves
26-11-09, 15:57
Thanks, and Happy Turkey Day to everyone. WE all have things to give thanks for. As for myself, I've got Turkeys-a-brinin and tounges-a-waterin, and you can bet, I'll be fortifying myself for the Black Friday/Blue Friday sales. :jmp: :D

I expected no less. You're horrible! Shop, shop, shop, shop. :ton:

Happy Thanksgiving. :D

MattTR
26-11-09, 16:00
dont tease the vegetarian:cln:

Oh fine.. I won't. :p

Here ya go:

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/vegetarian_diet_slideshow/getty_rm_photo_of_veggie_burger.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-09, 16:04
hahaha nice one matt
its the bacon, the smell of it drives me nuts and makes me want to sink my teeth in it :cln:

Beans-Bot
26-11-09, 16:10

We deep-fry ours, too. :D It's much faster and [imo] it makes it taste a bit less dry.

I tried to watch the Macy's Parade but failed miserably. :vlol: So cheesy...

irjudd
26-11-09, 16:12
hahaha nice one matt
its the bacon, the smell of it drives me nuts and makes me want to sink my teeth in it :cln:

Well what's the point in being a vegetarian if you don't really like it?

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-09, 16:22
Well what's the point in being a vegetarian if you don't really like it?

because i dont think its right to eat animals when theres alternatives
fake bacon doesnt quite cut it. I dont hate being vegetarian - iv been one for nearly 10 years.

irjudd
26-11-09, 16:23
because i dont think its right to eat animals when theres alternatives
fake bacon doesnt quite cut it. I dont hate being vegetarian - iv been one for nearly 10 years.
But plants have feelings like pain and fear too. :( Don't you watch Mythbusters?

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-09, 16:24
But plants have feelings like pain and fear too. :( Don't you watch Mythbusters?

nah i dont, do they?

ThatNorskChick
26-11-09, 16:27
Happy Thanksgiving! I get 2 days of it. I'm going to be so sick. :jmp:

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-11-09, 16:42
What do you Americans eat at chirstmas then, if you have Turkey a month beforehand.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving :p

We usually have turkey for Christmas, too. :vlol: It's lamost like two Thanksgivings a year, which is perfect. :D

@Hayley. I got asked by one of my coworkers if I was a vegetarian. She said I looked like I was. Which I found funny, how does someone look vegetarian? :vlol:

But I'm not, I love meat. :D For the most part. I can eat chicken and turkey everyday, but I don't like red meat that much, it's rare that I eat that. Even today, I'm going to pig out on turkey, but won't have any ham. I just don't like it. :p

Alex Shepherd
26-11-09, 16:49
Happy Thanksgiving day to everyone :)

Raider Man

jackles
26-11-09, 17:01
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D I know Canada celebrates it at a different time, not sure about the rest of the world.. :eek: :p

We don't have it at all...and I still want to know how come the Aussies get three days for the Queens birthday and we don't even have one!

OOOh was so indignant I forgot so say Happy thanksgiving!

Gabi
26-11-09, 17:36
I have to agree with our lovely Jackles here.
And how on earth do you deep fry a whole turkey? :eek:

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all who celebrate it!

Mad Tony
26-11-09, 17:39
Happy Thanksgiving :)

http://images.doityourself.com/stry/d/deckthetable.jpg

MMMM! :D

Zebra
26-11-09, 17:39

AFAIK it's not being celebrated anywhere else in the world.

tonyme
26-11-09, 18:03
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Johnnay
26-11-09, 18:05
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!? You ozzy's get paid more for the Queen's birthday? Pfftttt they could try that over here in merry ol' England!

Because Australia is the luckiest country in the world

got it:)

Your_Envy*
26-11-09, 18:06
Happy Thanksgiving! :)

oocladableeblah
26-11-09, 18:07
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Yay for eating good food :p

Tommy123
26-11-09, 18:10
happy thanksgiving! the turkey in the oven smells divine:cln:

elizard_9594
26-11-09, 18:48
im so happy! im already at my grandma's because im practically living here! All my family is due to be arriving soon. (My dad is the 2nd youngets of 10 siblings) yeah we have a huge family, and theyre all gonna be here at grandma Rosemary's soon (im half-named after g-ma rosie too, my middle name's Rose) and everyone cooks so much, theres a HUGE feast! (can you imaging over 40 people cooking at least one dis a piecceplus what g-ma and i cook here? yeah, i know. we have to dedicate one room to desserts alone! its amazing. i love Thanksgiving cuz im always with all my family.:hug:

seashell093
26-11-09, 20:05
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the delicious turkey everyone! :D

lara is mine
26-11-09, 20:19
Happy Thanksgiving to all :)
I can't wait to dig in >_>

Beans-Bot
26-11-09, 20:33
The digging has already been done here :ton:

Now it's just Football [ew.] and then Apple/Pumpkin Pie :cln:

TTV
26-11-09, 21:24
Went out to eat with my mum, and we gave a few local jerks the bird for being well, jerks. (Can't believe I talked her into it. :vlol:) Then we went on an un-fruitful news paper hunt all over town, and got my mum into Murray Gold's music. After we got home I chased my brother around the house for strategically placing a piece of chicken in one of my french fries. Then he and I made up our own little dance to a fave song. Now waiting for the mini family feud that occurs when our fave teams (Aggies and Long Horns) play against each other, and about to make some chocolate and pumpkin pie. :jmp: All in all, it was a pretty good - far from average - Thanksgiving for my family. :)

ajrich17901
26-11-09, 21:34
Well another horrible holiday comes to an end and this one lead to a mental breakdown go thanksgiving, now onto Christmas -__-

Antonio
26-11-09, 21:38
I'm not American, though but Happy Thanksgiving! :D
Leave some turkey for me. :p

violentblossom
26-11-09, 23:30
Anyone participating in Black Friday tommorrow?

Tomb Raider 5194
26-11-09, 23:35
^ It's too dangerous! :p

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

tombraiderluka
26-11-09, 23:37
Happy Thanksgiving :jmp:

violentblossom
26-11-09, 23:40
^ It's too dangerous! :p

Lol, we were going to get up at 4 tommorrow morning and had it all planned out until I remembered that my direct deposit for my check doesn't kick in until 9. :(

Maybe I can nab what I want and hold onto it for a while. :p

digitizedboy
27-11-09, 00:15
This day always reminds me of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. lol

miss.haggard
27-11-09, 01:18
...Now waiting for the mini family feud that occurs when our fave teams (Aggies and Long Horns) play against each other...

Great game so far! LONGHORNS SUCK!!!

xxitsxnadyaxx
27-11-09, 03:36
mmmm the turkey was A M A Z I N G :)
happy thanksgiving guys

EmeraldFields
27-11-09, 03:39
I actually didn't eat any turkey today.:p

I just had some leftover though!:cln:

Carbonek_0051
27-11-09, 04:13
Anyone participating in Black Friday tommorrow?

I'm going to try! I need to convince my granfather to at least drive me to the stores while I get trampled on.:p

Anyways, this year suprisingly went well. I actually felt like I was part of a family.:D

violentblossom
27-11-09, 04:16
I'm going to try! I need to convince my granfather to at least drive me to the stores while I get trampled on.:p

Anyways, this year suprisingly went well. I actually felt like I was part of a family.:D

LOL, I'm not super scared about tommorrow as I'm really only after one thing, and that's the Bella Barbie from Twilight. She's sold out everywhere. :(

And that's great, Nate. Mine was good, too, except for the spider issue.

Carbonek_0051
27-11-09, 04:19
LOL, I'm not super scared about tommorrow as I'm really only after one thing, and that's the Bella Barbie from Twilight. She's sold out everywhere. :(

And that's great, Nate. Mine was good, too, except for the spider issue.

Yeah, I am going to Wal-Mart & Best Buy they have some pretty good deals on games. I have a feeling I might not end up getting the ones I want.:p And I hope you get the doll Rae!:hug::D

Spider issue?:pi:

violentblossom
27-11-09, 04:21
Yeah, I am going to Wal-Mart & Best Buy they have some pretty good deals on games. I have a feeling I might not end up getting the ones I want.:p And I hope you get the doll Rae!:hug::D

Spider issue?:pi:

Oh, yeah! I forgot, I'm also going for Left 4 Dead 2!

And I sure hope so! I should have bought her weeks ago, I just knew it. :(

And yeah, my biggest is missing, but I'll find her later, I'm sure.

Carbonek_0051
27-11-09, 04:24
Oh, yeah! I forgot, I'm also going for Left 4 Dead 2!

And I sure hope so! I should have bought her weeks ago, I just knew it. :(

And yeah, my biggest is missing, but I'll find her later, I'm sure.

I am also going for L4D 2!:D And hopefully I can get some games for my DS as well.:pi: Good luck to both of us eh?:p

Aww, I hope you find her Rae.:hug:

What did you guys eat for dinner? We had mashed potatoes, spanish rice, rolls, potatoe salad, stuffing, turkey, ham, & gravy.:cln:

violentblossom
27-11-09, 04:27
Good luck! :hug:

We had:

greenbean casserole

turkey with gravy

stuffing

corn

mashed potatoes

biscuits

ham

pumpkin pie

cherry pie

pecan pie

and sweet potatoes with brown sugar and marshmellows.

On that night, I'm off to bed since I'm getting up at 4. :wve:

See ya later, and I'll totally start a Black Friday thread so we can see how everyone's went.

Carbonek_0051
27-11-09, 04:29
^Jealous! We didn't have pie.:(

And ok see ya Rae!:D Btw Black Friday thread sounds good. (:

Tagia
27-11-09, 04:41
Happy Turkey Day, America!