PDA

View Full Version : Happy Eid Al Adha

Alex Shepherd
26-11-09, 09:47
http://www.atlanta.is/Uploads/images/Hajj%202007%20-%202008_mekkah.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7f134f2213.jpg

It is a day where we all gather and pray to our Lord God!!

Happy Eid to all Muslims and everybody here even the one who don't celebrate it, just share.

Raider Man

Rivendell
26-11-09, 10:00
Happy Eid to you guys. :) Enjoy!

ShadyCroft
26-11-09, 10:16
Happy Eid Al-Adha, my fellow Muslim friends ! Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful time with your family and friends and may you have God's grace.

disneyprincess20
26-11-09, 11:05
Happy Eid!

Johnnay
26-11-09, 11:19
happy Eid:)

M.A.
26-11-09, 12:29
happy Eid:)

Happy Eid everybody! :D

Gonna celebrate it alone this year... meh.... :(

Alex Shepherd
26-11-09, 13:11
LOL!! I actually planned to go by myself to Saudi Arabia to pray in Khubba, but my mother is not letting me to go, she tells me "What if the airplane falls" :vlol: But I think I will go there, I don't know...

Raider Man

Dennis's Mom
26-11-09, 15:26
Have a blessed Eid!

Catapharact
26-11-09, 15:30
Happy Eid everyone :). I am on cloud 9 these days :D. The surprise party for the missus for our wedding anniversary went off perfectly and now we get to celebrate Eid :D.

Gonna celebrate it alone this year... meh.... :(

I know how it feels. It really does sucks nard.

violentblossom
26-11-09, 15:41
Happy Eid, guys! :tmb:

Icarus60
26-11-09, 15:44
Happy Eid!
Will there be cake?

Chocola teapot
26-11-09, 16:16
Why does that black box get so much attention? :confused:

Happy Eid al adha! :D

Beans-Bot
26-11-09, 17:26
Why does that black box get so much attention? :confused:

Happy Eid al adha! :D

If I remember World History, the black box is symbolic of [I think] a sort of "Mosque" that Mohamed built for his people right when the Islamic faith was in its infancy. But I could be wrong. :)

Amenophis
26-11-09, 17:56
Ahh that's nice... Happy Eid.

Your_Envy*
26-11-09, 18:08
Happy Eid Al-Adha to all Muslims! :hug:

jackles
26-11-09, 18:17
Eid Mubarak

(Eid is not until tomorrow over here)

Aranara
26-11-09, 18:19
Happy Eid everyone!
:hug:

Gabi
26-11-09, 18:46
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Gabicats/Glueckwuensche/Eid_Mubarak_by_mustange.jpg

Happy Eid. :D

tonyme
26-11-09, 19:02
It's not until tomorrow, but Happy Eid to all Muslims. :tmb:

Catapharact
27-11-09, 00:10
If I remember World History, the black box is symbolic of [I think] a sort of "Mosque" that Mohamed built for his people right when the Islamic faith was in its infancy. But I could be wrong. :)

You would be wrong.

The Kaaba (The Black Box) was created by Abraham, not Mohammad. The shrine is way older then that and it has great number of similarities to Judaism and the Wailing wall. Hence why its idiotic of extremists to call either Christians or Jews "Infidels." Most of their core teachings and messengers are the same in Islam as well.

tombraiderluka
27-11-09, 00:34
Happy Eid :jmp:

Shark_Blade
27-11-09, 02:36

Gonna celebrate it alone this year... meh.... :(Aww, I'll be with you in spirit.:hug:

Happy Eid ul Adha people. :D I'm packing up and getting ready to go back to my hometown.

M.A.
27-11-09, 03:18
I know how it feels. It really does sucks nard.

Aww, I'll be with you in spirit.:hug:

Thanks peeps. Really lifts up my spirit! :hug:

Done the prayers this morning. The mosque was choked full, they have to set up additional tents to cater for all the people! :) Sermon was fascinating. Partially because of the enlightening content, and also partially because of the voice of the one that was giving the sermon was pitchy and shrill when he wanted to stress some points. It really gets your attention! :D Probably he's nervous since I notice the text he was holding was shaking and he has to hold it with two hands. It was a nice sermon nonetheless.

But I still hope to visit Kaaba in Mecca and perform Haj when I'm older and more financially capable. Insya-Allah (God willing) :D.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. happy Eid Al Adha everybody! :D

EmeraldFields
27-11-09, 04:04
Happy Eid to all of you!:D

Alex Shepherd
27-11-09, 10:05
Thanks peeps. Really lifts up my spirit! :hug:

Done the prayers this morning. The mosque was choked full, they have to set up additional tents to cater for all the people! :) Sermon was fascinating. Partially because of the enlightening content, and also partially because of the voice of the one that was giving the sermon was pitchy and shrill when he wanted to stress some points. It really gets your attention! :D Probably he's nervous since I notice the text he was holding was shaking and he has to hold it with two hands. It was a nice sermon nonetheless.

But I still hope to visit Kaaba in Mecca and perform Haj when I'm older and more financially capable. Insya-Allah (God willing) :D.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. happy Eid Al Adha everybody! :D

Good for you... :) But its Incha'allah :p (God willing)
It's very hard for me to visit Khaba since I don't live in Saudi Arabia, but same to you, when I get older, I believe it will be easier to go there one day... and happy Eid to everybody, it begins today :D :jmp:

Raider Man

Shark_Blade
27-11-09, 13:18
I've already registered to do Haj this month. :D The longer you wait, the longer your turn will be so do it quickly. Mine will be on 2018...it's like 18 years from now lol. But it really depends on vacancy and other criterias (which in some cases, people got it sooner than the expectancy date).

This is due to every country is limited to a certain number of people that are allowed to perform Haj.

Anubis_AF
28-11-09, 00:15
Happy holidays :wve:

raiderfun
28-11-09, 11:54
Eid Mubarak Said :D

Our sheep :

http://i45.************/2gy866u.jpg

Now it's all in pieces :(

rowanlim
28-11-09, 16:13
Happy Eid Adha to all Muslims! :hug:

It's a public holiday over here :)

Catapharact
28-11-09, 16:49
Eid Mubarak Said :D

Our sheep :

http://i45.************/2gy866u.jpg

Now it's all in pieces :(

Never get attached to the soon to be sacrified animal. Our family tries to keep the kids away from the animal as much as possible till the deed is done.

raiderfun
29-11-09, 22:12
Never get attached to the soon to be sacrified animal. Our family tries to keep the kids away from the animal as much as possible till the deed is done.

Wow, here, people encourage the little to watch, touch the animal and all...

Little-Lara
29-11-09, 23:16
Happy Eid al Adha to you all. :wve:

remote91
29-11-09, 23:19
Wow, here, people encourage the little to watch, touch the animal and all...
Then watch it die?

Lovely place you must live in.

raiderfun
29-11-09, 23:29
Then watch it die?

Lovely place you must live in.

You're funny, I mean we encourage them to learn and follow the process, obviously if they don't want to watch, no one oblige them to do so, common, why are you already making assumptions ?

remote91
29-11-09, 23:37
You're funny, I mean we encourage them to learn and follow the process, obviously if they don't want to watch, no one oblige them to do so, common, why are you already making assumptions ?
"Oh hey kids, you know this lovely sheep you've been playing with all day..."

raiderfun
29-11-09, 23:39
"Oh hey kids, you know this lovely sheep you've been playing with all day..."

Well, just think about it a bit, those kids will grow up and one day they'll do the same, so they have to learn, get it now ? :rolleyes: As I say, we never oblige them to do whatever ;)

remote91
29-11-09, 23:41
Well, just think about it a bit, those kids will grow up and one day they'll do the same, so they have to learn, get it now ? :rolleyes: As I say, we never oblige them to do whatever ;)
And I'm sure they can't wait to get their hands bloody

raiderfun
29-11-09, 23:43
And I'm sure they can't wait to get their hands bloody

Yeah, they're extremely cruel and brutal, believe me !

remote91
29-11-09, 23:45
Yeah, they're extremely cruel and brutal, believe me !
Oh I really do! :D

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:49
WHAT IS THIS?!!

I JUST STARTED THIS THREAD AS A CELEBRATION! AND YOU ARE TWO MIMITATING EACH OTHER FOR THE KILLING ANIMALS?!

Muslims or whatever religion it is, I believe that everyone of us need something to stay alive, and that something is a food, and we get the food from something alive (animals and plants) this is normal, it's not about killing, Adha comes from the word "Sacrifice"

Anyway this Eid had done and finished, I prefer mod to close this subject, because EVERYTIME I have to open a subject, they start to mimitate just because they don't relate to this religion.

I hope X-mass will go well and will not discuss about the sacrificing pig.

Raider Man

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:50
Oh I really do! :D

What are you talking about, all the countries kill these animals except of course religious people, we don't do that... From where did you get this picture? Are we the only one who kill sheep for the meet? From where did you get this picture? From somewhere else and pretend that you get from Saudi Arabia or religious place?

Raider Man

raiderfun
29-11-09, 23:51
Well, not more than Danish people :p

remote91
29-11-09, 23:51
it's not about killing, Adha comes from the word "Sacrifice"

Paperdoll
29-11-09, 23:52
Wether you agree or not with something, that is no excuse to post inappropriate images. So break it up.

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:52

And your point is?

Raider Man

remote91
29-11-09, 23:54
And your point is?

Raider Man
Ah nevermind.

Shouldn't you be sharpening your knife or something?

raiderfun
29-11-09, 23:54
In fact, even Jews and Christians are supposed to celebrate this, it is mentionned in their books, not in the Coran only ;)

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:55
I didn't mean the word "Killing"

What I mean is "Fun killing" We don't kill just for fun actually we make "Dabah Halal' Means the acception from God when we "Hung" and animal
Before we do that we say
"In the name of God most merciful"

And we then cut their head, just like ANY OTHER PEOPLE but the different is that they don't say that word.

Remote, if you're vegeterian, trust me, you're still eating something that comes from "Alive"

Raider Man

viper456
29-11-09, 23:56
And your point is?

Raider Man

That a "sacrifice" kinda is "killing" :p

Every year this thread gets made (obviously) and I don't agree with the whole sacrifice and I don't really care much for religion regardless of the faith in question. But I guess everyone has their beliefs and on a multicultural forum you have to just accept it. Fighting won't change anyone's mind on a matter like this.

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:57
Ah nevermind.

Shouldn't you be sharpening your knife or something?

Had you ever see a knife with no sharp? Am I talking to a kid here? Seriously how old are you? Listen if you hate us doesn't mean that you have to blame us for this, don't be stupid, I think you're smart enough to think about this, if you wanna blame us, then you are blaming the whole world especially America...

Raider Man

remote91
29-11-09, 23:57
I didn't mean the word "Killing"

What I mean is "Fun killing" We don't kill just for fun actually we make "Dabah Halal' Means the acception from God when we "Hung" and animal
Before we do that we say
"In the name of God most merciful"

And we then cut their head, just like ANY OTHER PEOPLE but the different is that they don't say that word.

Remote, if you're vegeterian, trust me, you're still eating something that comes from "Alive"

Raider ManOh my God do you ever proofread the things that you type?

Alex Shepherd
29-11-09, 23:58
That a "sacrifice" kinda is "killing" :p

Every year this thread gets made (obviously) and I don't agree with the whole sacrifice and I don't really care much for religion regardless of the faith in question. But I guess everyone has their beliefs and on a multicultural forum you have to just accept it. Fighting won't change anyone's mind on a matter like this.

Yes you're right, you just changed my mind, you're right, I'll be with you this time, thank you... You made it clear... Now I threw everything from inside my refrigerator, and don't wanna miss with these thing...

From now on, I will eat "Air" YUUMMM!! Air it's really delecious, we will only eat air and water... Ok people? Please enough killing animals... We only have to eat air and drink water...

Raider Man

viper456
29-11-09, 23:59
Yes you're right, you just changed my mind, you're right, I'll be with you this time, thank you... You made it clear... Now I threw everything from inside my refrigerator, and don't wanna miss with these thing...

From now on, I will eat "Air" YUUMMM!! Air it's really delecious, we will only eat air and water... Ok people? Please enough killing animals... We only have to eat air and drink water...

Raider Man

:vlol: learn to read

Paperdoll
30-11-09, 00:01
Closed because:

a) apparently it's impossible to have a discussion without resorting to personal bickering

b) mod warnings are fun to ignore.

c) this is going nowhere.

So everyone go and take a chill pill.