PDA

View Full Version : The General Batman thread

Jedd Fletcher
26-11-09, 10:00
I tried to find a Batman thread but couldn't, so decided to start one myself. Here is the place for fellow Bat-fans to discuss anything and everything to do with the Caped Crusader, from the comics to video games and action figures to movies. I'm sure we can find more than a couple of Batman fans here, so spread the Dark Knight lovin'!

LightningRider
26-11-09, 12:16
There is a thread already, twas after B:AA was released. I'll go looking for it. :)

Here it was: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158921&highlight=Batman

Though I guess we can discuss here now. :)

First off, Big Comic Book Fan.

Second, I'm currently buying Batman related comics these days: Detective Comics With Batwoman, Red Robin, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Batman & Robin and Batman: Streets of Gotham.

I'm in pure Batgasmic mode these days. :p

Jedd Fletcher
26-11-09, 13:31
Thanks for finding the old thread; hopefully we can use this one now. I got into Batman after watching Batman Begins and the lovely old Batman: The Animated Series back in 2005 and have never looked back since. Since then, I've watched all the movies from Batman '89 onwards and followed the newer Batman animated series "The Batman". I really like Batman's colourful rogues gallery, that I feel contains some of the best villains in fiction. My favourite graphic novel story arc is the epic Hush. I liked how everyone featured in it (Jeph Loeb managed to cram in every last villain) and the art from Jim Lee was just wonderful too.

Alive_and_Funky
26-11-09, 15:43
I loved Hush as well, but The Long Halloween (also by Loeb, with Tim Sale being the artist) is probably my favourite graphic novel. Its sequel Dark Victory was almost just as good too. :D

Gabi
26-11-09, 18:17
Please use the thread that LighningRaider has linked to in post 2. :)