PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King may write sequel to The Shining

tranniversary119
27-11-09, 03:58
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/tony20stewart06/Movies/shining.jpg
Stephen King may write sequel to 'The Shining'; reveals plot basics at reading for 'Under the Dome'
You can take the kid out of the haunted hotel, but you can't the haunting of the kid.

So says superstar horror author Stephen King, who announced that he's considering a sequel to "The Shining," according to the Torontoist.

King revealed his still iffy plans at a book reading in Toronto for his new novel "Under the Dome" moderated by film director David Cronenberg ("The Fly").

The sequel would focus on the now 40-year-old Danny Torrance, the boy with a gift for second-sight who can communicate with ghosts who was introduced in the 1977 best-seller, according to the Torontoist.

Torrance, still troubled by his spooky past, is now working at a hospice in upstate New York and using his powers to ease the final journey of dying patients.

King mentioned a possible title — "Doctor Sleep" — before adding, "Maybe if I keep talking about it I won't have to write it."

source (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2009/11/25/2009-11-25_stephen_king_may_write_sequel_to_the_shining_.h tml)
I hope he writes it. I never read the book but I did see the movie and loved it. His books kind of bore me.

Aranara
27-11-09, 05:01
I didn't read the book but I saw the movie too!
"Here's Johnny!" (That was scary). And the two little girls.

I hope he will make it. And I hope there will be a movie to this:jmp:

peeves
27-11-09, 08:49
I also saw the movie but didn't read the book. And it was a great classic horror film.

Dennis's Mom
27-11-09, 12:53
I think I saw the movie, but I know I read the book! Scared me to death!

CerebralAssassin
27-11-09, 13:01
haven't read the book nor watched the movie.I've read a lot of his other works though.the man's a genius.

in fact...I might just watch right now:D

MiCkiZ88
27-11-09, 13:29
He better do it! :D One of my favorite writers :tmb:

Lara's Nemesis
27-11-09, 13:39
The Shining is one of his best books, don't think it really needs a sequel.

In saying that I'm sure I would still read it and its not like he would be doing it for the money.

TombRaiderLover
27-11-09, 14:01
I love Stephen King. I should be buying his latest, Under the Dome over the weekend. The Shining was a brilliant book, and I'm curious as to what a sequel would be like.

King's also writing another Dark Tower novel taking place inbetween Books IV and V. Though I only have the fifth in the series, so I'll have to collect and complete the others before I indulge into any upcoming prequels/sequels.

Lara's Nemesis
27-11-09, 14:52
The sequel would probably have Danny being called back to the Overlook to unravel some of it's mysteries.

Encore
27-11-09, 15:44
I really enjoyed both the book and Kubrick's movie. I'd check this out, even if it would probably be really disapointing. :p

violentblossom
27-11-09, 15:50
even if it would probably be really disapointing. :p

I know what you mean. :o I feel the same way towards the Boondock Saints sequel. I'm pretty wary. :p

Chocola teapot
27-11-09, 15:51
Sounds delightful. More nightmares aboutrivers of blood! :)

Love2Raid
28-11-09, 15:36
Oh great! :D

LaraCablara
28-11-09, 15:38
If he writes a sequel to "On Writing" I'll suicide :p.

Squibbly
28-11-09, 15:39
I don't think it really needs a sequel. :confused:
We'll see how that goes, I guess.

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 16:17
never read it
Never even heard of it actually....:confused:

patriots88888
28-11-09, 16:35
I think it would be neat to have a sequel to Misery. Just noticed the Tiger Woods accident thread and it gave me some ideas about it. Imagine the possibilities of TW in a Misery type situation where he has to kill the ***** with a 5 iron.

Squibbly
28-11-09, 16:38
I think it would be neat to have a sequel to Misery. Just noticed the Tiger Woods accident thread and it gave me some ideas about it. Imagine the possibilities of TW in a Misery type situation where he has to kill the ***** with a 5 iron.

I LOVE Misery, I'm not so sure about a sequel. It's perfect the way it is. :p

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 16:39

:vlol: that would just be awesome to see as a actual story! It would be so funny to read :D

500th post :yah:

tranniversary119
28-11-09, 16:49
If king feels it needs a sequel then I'm all for it :wve:

tonyme
28-11-09, 16:59
The Shining is my favorite King book, I'd love to read a sequel! :D

Big Matt
28-11-09, 17:16
When we were kids, my little brother bought me a boxed set of Stephen King novels. Actually he bought them for himself but gave them to me after he decided he wasn't that into reading them. The Shining was the one that I read close to a half dozen times. I'd be tempted to read a sequel.

tonyme
28-11-09, 17:17
Amazing story, certainly! :tmb: I love the 1997 TV movie adaptation more than Kubrick's ;)

Big Matt
28-11-09, 17:21
I haven't seen either of the movies, just snippets. I figured they would clash with the vision I'd formulated in my mind from the book.

Nenya awakens
28-11-09, 17:41
The book was Awesome and the film was good... neither of them need a sequel though.

TombRaiderLover
28-11-09, 20:12
You know, I think I've only read The Shining once. :eek: I might re-read it soon. I've been tempted to re-read one of my King books for a while. I was intending to buy his latest today, but HMV didn't have it in store, so my 15 gift voucher is still unused at the moment. :p