PDA

View Full Version : Truancy Question

peeves
27-11-09, 18:40
OK So what would happen if kids didn't go to school in June because of their free will with summer activities eg Barbecue Swimming amusement parks etc?
And they only attend Sept thru April or May.

larasbestm8
27-11-09, 19:04
If you skip out on school time, then it's truancy and against the law. Simple as that.
School isn't a choice, you have to go unless you are truly ill or have to be somewhere else unavoidably AND you have permission.

Atlantean-Squid
27-11-09, 19:07
If you skip out on school time, then it's truancy and against the law. Simple as that.
School isn't a choice, you have to go unless you are truly ill or have to be somewhere else unavoidably AND you have permission.

I think he was being hypothetical and asking what you think would happen if a large number of students played truant, not whether or not he personally should do it.

Then again, Peeves is known for being a pretty sneaky chap.

violentblossom
27-11-09, 19:13
OK So what would happen if kids didn't go to school in June because of their free will with summer activities eg Barbecue Swimming amusement parks etc?
And they only attend Sept thru April or May.

I'm going to assume that they will all receive tickets for their truancy and dates to appear in court.

marla_biggs
27-11-09, 19:19
You'll get in trouble peeves, don't do it!

larasbestm8
27-11-09, 19:20
Then again, Peeves is known for being a pretty sneaky chap.

ORLY? :mis:

peeves
27-11-09, 19:20
You'll get in trouble peeves, don't do it!

I'm done with high school anyway I got my GED so I'm at home.

marla_biggs
27-11-09, 19:28
I'm done with high school anyway I got my GED so I'm at home.

Ah that's good :)

peeves
27-11-09, 19:30
Ah that's good :)

But let's say i failed that same reading comprehension part for the 2nd time then I'd hefta go back to school and if i failed for 3rd time then i hefta take the whole test over and go thru the end of the 2009-2010 year, 4th & 5th time i'd hefta go for a new 2010-2011 school year and 6th time i'd fail that part i'd hefta go thru til I'm 21 and thru the end of 2010-2011 school year in june too but thank god i passed the 2nd time.

marla_biggs
27-11-09, 19:38
Well you passed, so there's no need to worry! :)

peeves
27-11-09, 19:46
Well you passed, so there's no need to worry! :)

OK.

Goose
27-11-09, 23:48
Turn up for morning register with your form group, then climb the fence around the back with your mates before first lesson, break into a local burnt out house, hang out all day, then turn back up for end of day register. Thats what i used to do in my last 2 years of high school.

But then again i have nothing to show for school at all really, but who cares these days? Cant even get a job with a degree so GCSE's wont help!

Go to school i guess is the wisest choice, depending on where you want to go in life.