PDA

View Full Version : Do you Think Mods Are A Bit Trigger Happy?

Pages : [1] 2

shadow_fire
27-11-09, 23:44
Well as the title says.
I have now seen that the 3 word story thread has been closed...and for no real reason...
Im just wondering, do you agree that some moderators are getting a bit trigger happy with closing threads?
I dunno, some people might disagree with me, others might agree...
But its like they dont even give some threads a chance, or they dont like the thread...I dont know.
Dont get me wrong, somethreads do need to be closed, but still...
maybe we need a special games thread, like mentioned before (and got totally shut down, the idea that is) so we can have our games and not have people closing them down :o

Catracoth
27-11-09, 23:45
I predict this thread to be locked in 3...2...1...

My opinion is, they're doing their jobs, regardless of whether or not people think they're doing it right. They're doing what needs to be done, and that's that. Although sometimes I do think they lock some threads without giving them a chance, and sometimes leave threads open that should be locked.

Paddy
27-11-09, 23:45
Dont see this thread lasting longer either :p
So in before locked lol

LaraCablara
27-11-09, 23:46
Its better to PM the mod that closed your topic instead of starting a new thread, because they often get deleted and you wont have your answer.

trXD
27-11-09, 23:47
I dont know why a games section of the forums hasnt been made, it makes perfect sense, then people will be able to play as much as they want!

Saphyre
You don't know how fortunate you are, at another forum I go to mods will lock threads simply because THEY don't like what they're about!

Imagine that here! The celeb threads would prob be locked by mods who didn't like the celeb for example.

Catracoth
Its better to PM the mod that closed your topic instead of starting a new thread, because they often get deleted and you wont have your answer.

That's another issue. If someone makes a thread questioning why another thread was closed, the moderator responsible for closing it could at least have the decency to answer the question, instead of locking the second thread and ignoring the OP.

Paddy
27-11-09, 23:48
I dont know why a games section of the forums hasnt been made, it makes perfect sense, then people will be able to play as much as they want!

Agreed :tmb:

LaraCablara
27-11-09, 23:50
That's another issue. If someone makes a thread questioning why another thread was closed, the moderator responsible for closing it could at least have the decency to answer the question, instead of locking the second thread and ignoring the OP.

I think a mod should PM the user why they deleted or locked a thread after they do so to avoid issues like this.

Phoebe_Croft
Not to be offensive, but I think mods don't want games because it's a forum discussing Tomb Raider, not a forum for people to spam games with. And these mods are really kind, sure, some might be mean, but I've joined a lot of forums and mods there will ban you for talking back at them. Hell, they even swear at you.

Phys
Well as the title says.
I have now seen that the 3 word story thread has been closed...and for no real reason...
Im just wondering, do you agree that some moderators are getting a bit trigger happy with closing threads?
I dunno, some people might disagree with me, others might agree...
But its like they dont even give some threads a chance, or they dont like the thread...I dont know.
Dont get me wrong, somethreads do need to be closed, but still...
maybe we need a special games thread, like mentioned before (and got totally shut down, the idea that is) so we can have our games and not have people closing them down :o

Sometimes the amount of posts in a certain thread may be a great many within 1 day, and the actual posts in question may be verging on getting silly. I guess that's one of the reasons mods close them down. You can easily start afresh with a new game afterwards.

shadow_fire
27-11-09, 23:52
I predict this thread to be locked in 3...2...1...

My opinion is, they're doing their jobs, regardless of whether or not people think they're doing it right. They're doing what needs to be done, and that's that. Although sometimes I do think they lock some threads without giving them a chance, and sometimes leave threads open that should be locked.

hmm yes, I'm expecting this thread to be closed very soon too lols

Im not just asking why that particular thread was closed, im talking about most threads in generall, and mainly its the game threads that are being killed. They will be going strongly then bang....their gone!

Sometimes the amount of posts in a certain thread may be a great many within 1 day, and the actual posts in question may be verging on getting silly. I guess that's one of the reasons mods close them down. You can easily start afresh with a new game afterwards.

yes, but if you open it again, they close it becasue you opened it again

Johnnay
27-11-09, 23:53
first of all: game threads in GC are useless:) way useless

second of all: Gabi closed that thread for a reason: too much Spam:)

third of all: Gabi will close this thread pretty soon because its gonna be spamathon

Phys
27-11-09, 23:54

third of all: Gabi will close this thread pretty soon because its gonna be spamathon

Don't agree.

They are a way to pass the time. Some people just take part in them way to often causing spam.

Paddy
27-11-09, 23:55
Don't agree.

They are a way to pass the time. Some people just take part in them way to often causing spam.

Open chat is a good way to pass time IMO :p

Phoebe_Croft
27-11-09, 23:56

Ditto. Sorry for the double post but I also forgot to mention one other point. The thread consisted of only a group of people messaging back. e.g.

ILOVEU: Lara sat on a couch.
IHATEU: Eating her curds and whey.
ILOVEU: Then she got hit by a train.
RANDOM: Then she went to the hospital
IHATEU: Then she met Kurtis.

And it was just like an isolated thread, mostly the same people contributed (well at least for the last few pages). And to be honest, it'd just be a waste of space. I mean if it is always the same people, couldn't you just PM each other or ask a Administrator or Moderator to make a group?

shadow_fire
27-11-09, 23:57
but no one is ever in open chat lols
quiet often you are just talking to yourself

(man this thread has moved fast!)

And i think games threads can be a way to get to know your fellow tomb raider fans

Legend of Lara
27-11-09, 23:57

1. It's silly fun. Not everything has to be meaningful.

2. There really wasn't any spam. Or did I miss it?

3. Locking threads is her favourite pastime, but there are other mods. :p And there's been no spam thus far...

Phys
27-11-09, 23:58

I can tell by your spamming paddy :smk: :p

Paddy
27-11-09, 23:59
I can tell by your spamming paddy :smk: :p

Least my 'spam' isnt continuing some jibber jabber story in 3 words :p

Johnnay
27-11-09, 23:59

fourth of all: theres too much game threads here to go to and play with. i dont wanna see a this, that or Stupid elimination threads:mad:

fifth of all: Gabi does what a mod does. please close this thread Gabi

Phys
28-11-09, 00:00
Least my 'spam' isnt continuing some jibber jabber story in 3 words :p

True that. Maybe innuendos instead? :D

fourth of all: theres too much game threads here to go to and play with. i dont wanna see a this, that or Stupid elimination threads:mad:

You don't have to enter a game thread you know.

Also why would a mod close a thread just because you want it closed?

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:03
1. It's silly fun. Not everything has to be meaningful.

2. There really wasn't any spam. Or did I miss it?

3. Locking threads is her favourite pastime, but there are other mods. :p And there's been no spam thus far...

:vlol:

you know they shouldnt actually close this thread....its the voice of the people!!

Legend of Lara
28-11-09, 00:04

Nobody's pointing an Evoker to your head and forcing you to fight the personification of human malice if you don't post in game threads!

And who are you to decide whether or not this thread lives?

TRfan23
28-11-09, 00:04
Mod's just do their job. God of Tomb Raider.

Locking threads is her favourite pastime, but there are other mods. :p And there's been no spam thus far...

Gabi doesn't close threads for the thrill of it :( The threads I've seen closed by her are spam threads. Leave her alone :(

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:05

excuse me, but really.

and you dont have to see them, or partisipate in them you know...dont kill the enjoyment of others.

Paddy
True that. Maybe innuendos instead? :D

Only reason its annoying seeing the game threads is because IMO it buries all the other good discussion threads, subbie for the games is the best idea IMO

excuse me, but really.

and you dont have to see them, or partisipate in them you know...dont kill the enjoyment of others.

I agree what Johnnay said was a bit over the top but noones trying to kill enjoyment, if anything trying to make it enjoyable for everyone who uses GC but doesnt also like the games.

Cochrane
Let's face it: Game threads are all spam from a certain point of view. They certainly do not contribute anything of value to the forum as a place of discussion. Obviously, it varies and some of them can be fun at times. Still, there is no such thing as a general right to them. The 3-word story was a particularly extreme example.

I don't quite see what required the thread to be closed right now, instead of way earlier or at some time yet to come, but I don't disagree with not having such threads in general.

Legend of Lara
28-11-09, 00:07
Gabi doesn't close threads for the thrill of it :( The threads I've seen closed by her are spam threads. Leave her alone :(

That was just a joke. I don't resent her for anything.

Catracoth
28-11-09, 00:08
I think a mod should PM the user why they deleted or locked a thread after they do so to avoid issues like this.

I agree with this. It's like sometimes they expect us to know instantly why a thread was locked.

Catapharact
28-11-09, 00:08
This is a perfect example of giving people way too much leeway. You can't expect lamos to understand reason. IMO people should be thankful for the fact that game threads are allowed to exist in GC in general.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:11
Let's face it: Game threads are all spam from a certain point of view. They certainly do not contribute anything of value to the forum as a place of discussion. Obviously, it varies and some of them can be fun at times. Still, there is no such thing as a general right to them. The 3-word story was a particularly extreme example.

I don't quite see what required the thread to be closed right now, instead of way earlier or at some time yet to come, but I don't disagree with not having such threads in general.

who has the power to make the special games thread??

Phys
28-11-09, 00:13

I agree with this but like you said, they can be fun at times. I don't think there is any harm in them existing.

Mr.Burns
28-11-09, 00:27

I do. Most of the time. Sometimes I forget. I am human. :)

Why would she or any of us close this? As long as this doesn't become a thread of utter spam then I see no reason why people shouldn't have a chance to voice their concerns. :)

So is facebook.

Yea, that was a spam comment from me :o :whi:

This is a perfect example of giving people way too much leeway. You can't expect lamos to understand reason. IMO people should be thankful for the fact that game threads are allowed to exist in GC in general.

Evening Cat :wve: I was wondering when you would pop in here.

Folks, the issue of the game thread section is simply that none of us (mods) want to moderate a section. This isn't an easy job and going through those threads (without a separate section) is very time consuming and mentally draining. So there you have it. Perhaps the other mods have their reasons that differ from me but that's my personal opinion on the matter. Not official.

I also ask that if people have a problem with a particular moderator, that they bring their concerns to that moderator or another one privately instead of publicly complaining about it. To me that's just rude.

Anubis_AF
28-11-09, 00:31
It would be ugly to see 15 different game topics jamming the General Chat section.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:31
well, if we had a games thread, and nominated a couple of peeps from the games thread to look over the games thread, and let mods know if anything goes mis-shapen?? I would be willing to do this myself (since I am a frequent user of game threads)

Im not bashing anybody with this thread...

trXD
28-11-09, 00:32
It would be ugly to see 15 different game topics jamming the General Chat section.
Your right, how about a game section.

Mods dont have to put up with them, people can play as many games as they want, people who hate games dont have to run into them all the time. Everybodys happy!

I realise you dont make these decisions, but your high up.

(edit: oh wait no your not, i could have sworn you were a mod...)

Catapharact
28-11-09, 00:33
Evening Cat :wve: I was wondering when you would pop in here.

You don't even have to make yourself look like a bad guy on these forums. All you have to do in convince Justin to grant me mod powers for just a week and I gurantee you that these kiddies will be running at your feet, kissing them all the way up to your ankles, begging you to come back.

Paperdoll
28-11-09, 00:36
Your right, how about a game section.

Mods dont have to put up with them, people can play as many games as they want, people who hate games dont have to run into them all the time. Everybodys happy!

We still have to moderate them, considering that they're high maintenance, when it comes to that, like Mr.Burns said, it'd be too time consuming and draining to do.

Because we actually have lives beyond this.

I actually don't see anything debate worthy... we already have quite a few games going on GC, why would there be a need for a subforum for games? It's not a matter of putting up with them, it's a matter of pointlessness. If you're that bored that you absolutely need forum games in order to entertain you... eh...

But that's just my two cents.

Phys
You don't even have to make yourself look like a bad guy on these forums. All you have to do in convince Justin to grant me mod powers for just a week and I gurantee you that these kiddies will be running at your feet, kissing them all the way up to your ankles, begging you to come back.

Catracoth

Being a bully and a brute doesn't a good moderator make. Guaranteed if you were made a moderator, this forum would die. The moderation team we have now is fine if you ask me, regardless of my track record here, I still think these mods are top notch.

Anubis_AF
28-11-09, 00:38

Yes, yes. A lot more work for the mods, who wouldn't want that :p

(edit: oh wait no your not, i could have sworn you were a mod...)
I was :)

Draco
28-11-09, 00:42

Or they could restart the old accountability lock post. It is amazing how 'quiet' modding has become... and they wonder why we can't stand the Moderator team anymore.

I should have kept being a mod... if for no other reason than to be the example.

Catracoth
28-11-09, 00:43
Or they could restart the old accountability lock post. It is amazing how 'quiet' modding has become... and they wonder why we can't stand the Moderator team anymore.

I should have kept being a mod... if for no other reason than to be the example.

What's the accountability lock post? I haven't been here that long :p.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:45
what is this lock post thingy??

EDIT: you posted at the same time as me lols

Draco
28-11-09, 00:46
I'm tired and came across more harsh than I intended probably, but basically a 'Modding' post whether locking a thread, editing a post, or just trying to get people to settle down should be as straightforward and easy to understand as possible.

More than anything else though, there should be a reason, not just an 'I felt like it' type of excuse.

Phlip
28-11-09, 00:47
It's pretty much just Gabi who needs talking to. :) And about the games, why the hell can't a sub-forum be made for them with post count additions disabled?

Catracoth
28-11-09, 00:48
I'm tired and came across more harsh than I intended probably, but basically a 'Modding' post whether locking a thread, editing a post, or just trying to get people to settle down should be as straightforward and easy to understand as possible.

More than anything else though, there should be a reason, not just an 'I felt like it' type of excuse.

Sounds incredibly ideal.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:49
Oh, well I agree with that.

Hey if someone put their hand up to offer modding a gaming thread, would you guys contemplate making a games section?

Cochrane
28-11-09, 00:50
It's pretty much just Gabi who needs talking to. :) And about the games, why the hell can't a sub-forum be made for them with post count additions disabled?

Because some mod will have to go through all of them to check whether there is nothing against the T&Cs going on there. This is really an awful lot of boring, unthankful work. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4185896&postcount=34)

Draco
28-11-09, 00:50

I can think of at least one other name to put on that list.

Anubis_AF
28-11-09, 00:51
It's pretty much just Gabi who needs talking to. :)
It's really not up to you to decide that.

MyRaider4Life
28-11-09, 00:51

What do you mean by talking to?

Paddy
28-11-09, 00:52

Thatd be pretty damn funny to see :vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-11-09, 00:56
No, I think they do great. I've seen some forums with ridiculously strict mods, and others with ridiculously lenient mods. TRF is a perfect medium. :)

Phlip
28-11-09, 00:57
It's really not up to you to decide that.

Assume every post is IMO. There. And Gabi closes threads for no reason a lot of the time; she obviously gets some sort of (sick) thrill from it.

tombraiderluka
28-11-09, 00:57
I don't think mods are the problem, I just think that lots of people here who pretend to be smart get away with some things.. I mean yes it could be mods' fault, but no one needs to be talked to :confused:

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 00:59
Because some mod will have to go through all of them to check whether there is nothing against the T&Cs going on there. This is really an awful lot of boring, unthankful work. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4185896&postcount=34)

AND WHAT IF SOMEONE NOMINATES THEMSELVES TO DO SO!!! why do people keep ignoring this suggestion :hea:

Assume every post is IMO. There. And Gabi closes threads for no reason a lot of the time; she obviously gets some sort of (sick) thrill from it.

im sorry but this just makes me laugh lols, but I do agree with you on some level

Mr.Burns
28-11-09, 01:03
Phlip, you have a pm waiting for you. :)

Lara's Nemesis
28-11-09, 01:06
AND WHAT IF SOMEONE NOMINATES THEMSELVES TO DO SO!!! why do people keep ignoring this suggestion :hea:

im sorry but this just makes me laugh lols, but I do agree with you on some level

What do you mean if someone nominates themselves? Do you mean a current moderator? Can't see any of them being keen on that.

Draco
28-11-09, 01:10
I don't think mods are the problem, I just think that lots of people here who pretend to be smart get away with some things.. I mean yes it could be mods' fault, but no one needs to be talked to :confused:

I don't know about that, I was attacked by two posters on separate occasions. Neither had a legitimate reason, and one was a moderator. I don't know that either one was dealt with.

So I just pretty much ignore them now, since neither is capable of any worthwhile interlocution.

shadow_fire
What do you mean if someone nominates themselves? Do you mean a current moderator? Can't see any of them being keen on that.

I mean anybody, who is willing.
or someone who will monitor them without the official title of moderator...
and they can let a mod know if something goes wrong!

Phys

They mean to have volunteers to keep watch on the section and then report to moderators as required.

Cochrane
28-11-09, 01:11
It's never been this forum's policy to allow normal members to nominate themselves for a moderator post. Not everyone who thinks he is qualified for this truly is.

And let's be honest, what would that suggestion bring us? Why on earth would we need more game threads? If you're really that bored, I suggest buy a model railroad.

Draco
28-11-09, 01:13
If you're really that bored, I suggest buy a model railroad.

Or a bag of nails.

tombraiderluka
28-11-09, 01:14
I don't know about that, I was attacked by two posters on separate occasions. Neither had a legitimate reason, and one was a moderator. I don't know that either one was dealt with.

So I just pretty much ignore them now, since neither is capable of any worthwhile interlocution.
Well I guess you could be right, but it's not all the mods though :)

Lara's Nemesis
28-11-09, 01:15
I agree with Cochrane, you'd be as well forgetting about that idea. Can't see it ever happening on here.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 01:15
It's never been this forum's policy to allow normal members to nominate themselves for a moderator post. Not everyone who thinks he is qualified for this truly is.

And let's be honest, what would that suggestion bring us? Why on earth would we need more game threads? If you're really that bored, I suggest buy a model railroad.

I dont mean make themselves modirators.

They mean to have volunteers to keep watch on the section and then report to moderators as required.
this is exactly what I ment

well we can tehn make as many posts in games as we like, get to know other members better, and keep the games we have without fear its going to be closed.

Paddy
28-11-09, 01:16
Personally when I wanna play games, I go and play real games :p thats what a 360 is for or whatever console you have.

Draco
28-11-09, 01:16
Well I guess you could be right, but it's not all the mods though :)

All that is required for Draco to be victimized is for good Mods to do nothing.

I know some of the mods are good, but inappropriate inaction is as bad as inappropriate action in my eyes.

tombraiderluka
28-11-09, 01:18
All that is required for Draco to be victimized is for good Mods to do nothing.

I know some of the mods are good, but inappropriate inaction is as bad as inappropriate action in my eyes.
Well yeah I see wat you mean and I agree. Something must be done around here this place is becoming messy :p

Cochrane
28-11-09, 01:23
I don't think that would work. We'd still need someone to look at all threads and posts, no matter what that person then does with them. Also, there's a chance that rule violations may go unnoticed because "we're just having fun" or something. You can already report every post to a moderator, but that hasn't changed the fact that moderators are still required.

well we can tehn make as many posts in games as we like, get to know other members better, and keep the games we have without fear its going to be closed.
I guess it would be very mean if I said that I don't want to get to know the forum members better who only hang out in game threads. So let me put it this way: Things like everybody posting some wish and having someone else crush it, making guesses about the forum member below, or the infamous three-word-story, are rather bad ways of getting to know people compared to threads that have actual content. Even the Lady Gaga thread is better in that regard. So, why do we need game threads at all? I'm not saying close them all (though I wouldn't mind if they were), but why give them special, encouraging treatment?

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 01:28
we are not, but atleast give them a chance

Trigger_happy
28-11-09, 01:35
The game threads are just entirely spam. The "three word story" "game" is almost perfectly designed for that. Game threads clog the forum, and push actual clever and witty threads right off the front page.

If we had a separate game thread, none of the posts in it should count towards your post count.

trXD
28-11-09, 02:07
We still have to moderate them, considering that they're high maintenance, when it comes to that, like Mr.Burns said, it'd be too time consuming and draining to do.

Because we actually have lives beyond this.
You could just hire new ones, how hard can it be to moderate a game thread? Just grab someone whos addicted to games.

GameGlitcher77
28-11-09, 02:14
[SARCASM] well i doubt it except for maybe EscondeR seeing as how he owns a grenade launcher but that's beside the point. [END SARCASM]

But seriously the mods are pretty much just doing their jobs, and you really can't blame them for that. :D as for the game threads they either get closed for one of three reasons:

1. A game thread of the same type already exists, and hasn't expired yet.

2. The game thread quickly turns into a spam factory.

3. Too many games exist in GC already and usually there is no more room for any extra ones.

Anyway that's my two cents. :whi:

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 02:25
You could just hire new ones, how hard can it be to moderate a game thread? Just grab someone whos addicted to games.

exactly

aussie500
28-11-09, 02:50
You don't know how fortunate you are, at another forum I go to mods will lock threads simply because THEY don't like what they're about!

Imagine that here! The celeb threads would prob be locked by mods who didn't like the celeb for example.

Well I could think of a very popular thread in the AOD forum that would not last 5 seconds if we used those rules. :mis:

I agree with this. It's like sometimes they expect us to know instantly why a thread was locked.

3 word posts = spam = most game threads in General Chat (or at least the closed ones)

The pattern seems fairly easy to see, forum is called General Chat, not Spammers Paradise. Most game threads seem to be in need of more actual chatting. Or some Moderator might just come along and consider them spam.

Quasimodo
28-11-09, 02:50

Again I'm left wondering why the moderators should have to devote so much time and energy toward something that creates little to no meaningful contribution to TRF as a discussion forum.

I feel that if the moderation team wants to tell folks that there are already enough game threads when they close an extraneous one, there should be a clause in the T&C specifically stating how many active game threads are allowed during a certain time. I can understand people feeling frustrated when they find out they've crossed a fuzzy line.

Johnnay
28-11-09, 03:09

yeh but seeing one hundred thousand threads when i open GC is:mad:

You were a mod:D it will be great for you to be one

two posters????

And let's be honest, what would that suggestion bring us? Why on earth would we need more game threads? If you're really that bored, I suggest you buy a model railroad.

exactly....... and whats a model railroad????

[SARCASM] well i doubt it except for maybe EscondeR seeing as how he owns a grenade launcher but that's beside the point. [END SARCASM]

im beginning to think otherwise for that comment

Well I could think of a very popular thread in the AOD forum that would not last 5 seconds if we used those rules. :mis:

3 word posts = spam = most game threads in General Chat (or at least the closed ones)

The pattern seems fairly easy to see, forum is called General Chat, not Spammers Paradise. Most game threads seem to be in need of more actual chatting. Or some Moderator might just come along and consider them spam.
:vlol: nice to see you got that from Surfers Paradise

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 03:16

they wouldnt dare....lols

Trigger_happy
28-11-09, 03:41
I think Mods need to get more involved with the game threads: they should get to say yay or nay before you even open the thread. It stops all the stupid "games" like "type your name backwards" or "add poo to the end of a sentence" or "cheaply inflate your postcount with some arbitrary and stupid rule"

Catracoth
28-11-09, 03:59

That wasn't what I was referring to.

Ikas90
28-11-09, 04:37
On some forums with idiot mods, you have to be an idiot yourself to be welcome there.

This forum is far above that. It may not be perfect, but it is well and truly above that.

Catracoth
28-11-09, 05:31
On some forums with idiot mods, you have to be an idiot yourself to be welcome there.

*cough* CreateBlog *cough*

Legend 4ever
28-11-09, 07:19
I think we're pretty fine with our mods.

Icarus60
28-11-09, 07:37
The Mods here have improved immeasurably since a few years ago (about the time of the release of Anniversary) IMHO. It's taken a hell of a lot of people getting banned to get this far. (I'd love to see the list of banned user names.) Fortunately a lot of the more Asperger Mods seemed to have disappeared.

My only gripe at the moment is when my posts are just deleted with no PM and no explanation. It's a bit cowardly but I can live with it.

An unbanning of all banned users would be a good next step; I doubt it would be the storm of anarchy, trolling and rule-breaking the powers-that-be fear.

Mr_Drake
28-11-09, 07:43
I agree with Phoebe_Croft, the mods here aren't bad, they keep the forums running smoothly. Without them this forum would descend into a crude spamming site which no-one would visit

Quasimodo
28-11-09, 07:43
Asperger Mods

What?

Johnnay
28-11-09, 07:47
What?

that what i was thinking. lol

Icarus60
28-11-09, 07:49
What?

Yeah - I think I'll leave that one unexplained and unexpanded upon.

xXhayleyroxXx
28-11-09, 08:11
Most of the mods are lovely, helpful and reasonable. A certain one in particular on the other hand.... knows exactly what i think :cln:

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 09:12
Well as the title says.

WHAT!!!
*Goes after mod who closed it with sharpened pitchfork*

Cochrane
28-11-09, 09:16
exactly....... and whats a model railroad????

http://www.greatesthobby.com/

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 09:17
I always think that...When someone closes a thread I dunno why I always think that they LOVE to close threads...

Marianna12
28-11-09, 09:30
I don't get why there's so much complaining about mods lately!
They just do their job...:confused:

Raider1969
28-11-09, 09:34
No Mods are not a bit trigger happy. Mods on this forum do their job well.

Larson_1988
I don't get it, either it's overjoyment of love towards the mods (ie suckups), or it's the exact opposite. Where's the logic in that?

As for my views, meh. Couldn't care less.

tomblover
Yes.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 09:37
^
^
I think they are just meaning super stricked??

I agree with Phoebe_Croft, the mods here aren't bad, they keep the forums running smoothly. Without them this forum would descend into a crude spamming site which no-one would visit

Well im not saying that they are, and props to what they do (coz it would be a difficult job after all) its just it seems they often kill a thread, without giving it a chance.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 09:39
WHAT!!!
*Goes after mod who closed it with sharpened pitchfork*

tomblover
28-11-09, 09:47
^
^
I think they are just meaning super stricked?? Highlight my post. :p

Alex Shepherd
28-11-09, 10:31
Mod's just do their job. God of Tomb Raider.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg

Raider Man

TRfan23
28-11-09, 11:34
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg

What lol? At least it wasn't a gif.

Well there you have it folks, Mods are our Gods ;)

Phys
28-11-09, 11:39
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg

Raider Man

This is exactly the kind of useless spam we are talking about! :D

LightningRider
28-11-09, 11:53
This is exactly the kind of useless spam we are talking about! :D

Spam is in there's nothing entirely helpful, relevant, or important to talk about! ;)

(No sarcasm, just support for people who ask what spam might mean. No it's not meat. :p)

Agent 47
28-11-09, 12:18
do i think the mods are trigger happy?

hmm NO i don't

i do think certain members are though who like flaming the mods at any given opportunity

Jo269976
28-11-09, 12:25
No, no I don't. It's a thankless job they do, the place would be reduced to chaos without them.

tombofwinston
28-11-09, 12:30
Mods arn't trigger happy, They are just doing their jobs. Closing a thread is maily because of : Spam, Violence, Or a contoversial thread where people keep arguing.The 3 Word story was probbably closed because 3 words a post is considered spam. Theres always 7 Word stories ;) .
Better yet create a different section with no increase on post count when you post there (For Games).

Reggie
28-11-09, 12:35
Do I think certain mods are a bit trigger happy? Yes.
Do I think certain members are a bit spam happy? Yes.

^honest answer.

Your_Envy*
28-11-09, 12:40
They just do their job...:confused:

Exactly my thought.

patriots88888
28-11-09, 12:46
I think it's been the exact opposite for awhile now. They've been extremely patient and passive this past year as compared to my first year on the forum.

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 12:58
I think Net used to be with banning people.

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 13:00
they really need to losen up, i got a 30 day ban because i jokingly used the word "faggot", and its not even censored or anything.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 13:03
i got a 30 day ban because i jokingly used the word "faggot", and its not even censored or anything.

http://sites.google.com/site/darren8770/TacticalFacePalm.jpg

Jo269976
28-11-09, 13:09
they really need to losen up, i got a 30 day ban because i jokingly used the word "faggot", and its not even censored or anything.

LOL, so anyone can say anything they want as long as it's a joke? Excuse me while I go offend the continent of Africa...FOR TEH LULZ!

ajrich17901
28-11-09, 13:35

hmm NO i don't

i do think certain members are though who like flaming the mods at any given opportunity

This.:)
Ive only ever seen one mod be power happy and pick on a member but I'm not gonna mention a name. Other than that the mods do there jobs, I don't see what the the big fuss is about, If your spamming your gonna get banned its common sense lmao. And also I think these game threads are pointless.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 13:41

hmm NO i don't

Yeah we are the anarchists and we will fight the mods!

http://www.frakincool.com/images/daddys-a-graphics-designer2.jpg

jackles
28-11-09, 13:43
My personal opinion? damned if you do.....and damned if you don't. You can't please all the people all of the time...and therefore as a fallible human being you try and make the best decisions that you can.

I usually try and make sure I pm anyone I have 'modded' and explain why and what the t&c's are.

However I do think if people are upset by any decisions then they should discuss it with the mod concerned.

irjudd
28-11-09, 13:45
I believe they do what they must to keep order. If you don't like it, allow me to show you a quick fix for your complaint. *points*

http://i47.************/x2otj8.jpg

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 13:50
lmao I love you Judd.

violentblossom
28-11-09, 14:00
I really don't have much of an issue with the moderators overall.

I was annoyed with a couple of them overall, but I have seen some improvement since the "Freedom" thread when alot of stuff was laid on the table.

In particular, I adore Gabi, Ward Dragon, and Jackles, but I do like most of them and feel that that fulfill their duties and obligations here pretty well.

I really miss Neteru, also. Some say that he was strict, but I don't think so. I think that he was tough but fair. And you know what? Despite what some say, he did not play favorites.

He became a good friend of mine, and despite it all, he still warned me when I misbehaved and all of that just like everyone else.

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:07
I really don't have much of an issue with the moderators overall.

I was annoyed with a couple of them overall, but I have seen some improvement since the "Freedom" thread when alot of stuff was laid on the table.

In particular, I adore Gabi, Ward Dragon, and Jackles, but I do like most of them and feel that that fulfill their duties and obligations here pretty well.

I really miss Neteru, also. Some say that he was strict, but I don't think so. I think that he was tough but fair. And you know what? Despite what some say, he did not play favorites.

He became a good friend of mine, and despite it all, he still warned me when I misbehaved and all of that just like everyone else.

Well said Rae, I agree completely.:tmb:

I rarely have any issues with the mods here, I get along with most of them for the most part. And a lot of them are really nice and great to talk to. They seem to be misunderstood here, they are just doing their job but a lot of members don't see that.:)

I also miss Net, I used to think he was really strict but then I actually spoke to him and he was really nice. Once again a case of a mod doing their job and getting misunderstood. :/

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:09
I do kinda have a quip about them Mods.

They don't let us act all Mod like when we need to be. It's only fair that we try to enforce the rules too you know. ::p

tomblover
28-11-09, 14:13
I believe they do what they must to keep order. If you don't like it, allow me to show you a quick fix for your complaint. *points*

But I don't want nor need a new door. :ton:

violentblossom
28-11-09, 14:13
I agree, Nate. I feel like Gabi gets the brunt of this, though Net did too when he was around.

People mistake her enforcing the rules for being a hard ass, when she's actually the furthest thing from that.

Many times, though, the issue is that the person in question being moderated cannot take criticism, so they see correction as a form of personal attack.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 14:14
The problem is that some mods don't do their jobs right...That's what the whole thread is actually about...

Yes some mods are cool and nice to talk to and I see that...

But when a mod closes a thread and after 3 hours posts why he/she closed it then he/she is not doing their job good...

Or another example..you get a private message ok they tell you what you did and after like 5 hours you get banned -_-

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:14
I agree, Nate. I feel like Gabi gets the brunt of this, though Net did too when he was around.

People mistake her enforcing the rules for being a hard ass, when she's actually the furthest thing from that.

Many times, though, the issue is that the person in question being moderated cannot take criticism, so they see correction as a form of personal attack.

Once again, well said.:tmb:

violentblossom
28-11-09, 14:16
Sometimes, the mods close a thread super quick because one already exists or it is another game thread, something we do not need currently and really honestly haven't for a while.

Explanation would be nice, though, if one isn't given in the thread.

EscondeR
28-11-09, 14:17

Because there are some who see their purpose in "making the forum more vivid" in form of crap stirring. Of course it's easier to blame each and everyone around instead of stopping to be an asshole oneself.

:tmb: The most mature post (at least one of) I have seen in that thread.

And about gaming threads: Some are utter spam from the OP. [personal opinion]Last letter game, three words game, and some other...[/personal opinion]

Exactly. :hug:

But when a mod closes a thread and after 3 hours posts why he/she closed it then he/she is not doing their job good...

Or another example..you get a private message ok they tell you what you did and after like 5 hours you get banned -_-

OK. I'm a part of forum software, most of members here know that :p But other mods aren't... Have you got the call?

Besides if people tend to think more before they actually hit the Submit button, that would help all the mods do their job. Unfortunately not all understand that... It's easier to complain about others than to stop and think about oneself, I know.

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 14:22
I really miss Neteru, also. Some say that he was strict, but I don't think so. I think that he was tough but fair. And you know what? Despite what some say, he did not play favorites.I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you there about him being fair.

I think Mr Burns and Jackles are great mods though :tmb:

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:27

If it were up to me, you would have been banned permanently for using that word.

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 14:29
If it were up to me, you would have been banned permanently for using that word.Lol, that's a bit of an overkill don't you think?

violentblossom
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you there about him being fair.

I would expect you to say this as you and he often disagreed on things and you did not know him personally.

Catracoth
Lol, that's a bit of an overkill don't you think?

Nope.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 14:33
If it were up to me, you would have been banned permanently for using that word.

Soo what now the mods should be our parents as well?

Please I don't takes advises from no-one about how to speak and act.Not even from my parents.No dude from a forum either.

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:35

Please I don't takes advises from no-one about how to speak and act.Not even from my parents.No dude from a forum either.

So you think it's ok to use the word MariahCroft used?

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:36

So your gonna go and say Fag to anyone you think is just because it's funny? :confused:

EscondeR
28-11-09, 14:36
@ Dina Croft: This is exactly what I'm talking about :mis:

If you don't follow the rules, don't complain about naturally following consequences.

BTW, this thread is already going down to insulting each other and spamming. The funny moment, those who complain about the rules and moderating can't even keep their "compliant thread" clean :vlol:

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 14:37
So you think it's ok to use the word MariahCroft used?

If she/he wants to use it I'm not the one to tell her not to...

I don't have a problem with gay people at all.

I prefer Bis though :whi:

Lol off topic:vlol:

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:37

I don't have a problem with gay people at all.

I prefer Bis though :whi:

Lol off topic:vlol:
So it's ok to use an offensive term?

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:40
Meh, I guess so.

I swear this will be closed at some point, because a fight will ensue and no one's gonna go and say Off Topic, or no one's gonna care if it's Off Topic.

Off Topic, again. :p

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:41

*looks around*

Was I talking to you?

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 14:43
So it's ok to use an offensive term?

Did I say something like that?Geez people read teh posts god damn it:vlol:

*looks around*

Was I talking to you?

Um you are in a public forum everyone sees what you say and can dissagree:ton:

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 14:43

overreacting much

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:45
overreacting much

It's Not Overacting, it's what he thinks, and some people think that.

I don't get Overreacting much, if someone reacts to something too much, doesn't mean that they are Overacting. It's just what the person thinks.

Ugh, more Off Topicness. *facepalm* :p

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:46
Did I say something like that?Geez people read teh posts god damn it:vlol:
Yeah you sort of did:

You obviously aren't bothered by them using an offensive & hateful term. And said they shouldn't be told what to say. So yes, you did say it was ok to use the term.

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:46
Um you are in a public forum everyone sees what you say and can dissagree:ton:

That's not the point. My post wasn't directed to you, so do not respond to it as if it were.

Oh, you must feel like such a rebellious fourteen year old. Hit puberty and grow up.

overreacting much

No, it isn't overreacting. If you weren't so ignorant, you'd see the big deal in using such a derogative term.

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 14:47
It's Not Overacting, it's what he thinks, and some people think that.

I don't get Overreacting much, if someone reacts to something too much, doesn't mean that they are Overacting. It's just what the person thinks.

Ugh, more Off Topicness. *facepalm* :p

i just think some people are worrying over the littlest things. it's just a word, and it wasn't even used in an offensive manner. people need to chill out, it's like you might even just get banned for breathing.

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:47
BTW, this thread is already going down to insulting each other and spamming. The funny moment, those who complain about the rules and moderating can't even keep their "compliant thread" clean :vlol:

I just saw this, but I know right?:p

Marianna12
28-11-09, 14:48
What I don't get is that by joining in a forum, you accept to follow its rules. Now, if you think that they're stupid/strict and don't follow them, you'll be banned...It's just logical IMO

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:49
i just think some people are worrying over the littlest things. it's just a word, and it wasn't even used in an offensive manner. people need to chill out, it's like you might even just get banned for breathing.

It's not just a word. It's a vulgar and incredibly rude insult to someone. And the word itself is offensive. Would you please get a clue before posting here again? Sweet Jesus, why are some people so ignorant?

MariahCroft
No, it isn't overreacting. If you weren't so ignorant, you'd see the big deal in using such a derogative term.

it's not ignorance, mygod me and mt friends say it to eachother all the time. loosen up, permabanned for saying a word, are you friggin kidding me?

LightningRider
What I don't get is that by joining in a forum, you accept to follow its rules. Now, if you think that they're stupid/strict and don't follow them, you'll be banned...It's just logical IMO

But what if the Mod closes things without consent for the rules at all?

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:50

Exactly.:tmb:

They say what rules there are, and people still complain as if the rules were just added.
That's a different story, I've rarely seen that happen.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 14:50
Oh, you must feel like such a rebellious fourteen year old. Hit puberty and grow up.

I am this close to overreact but I won't because I don't want to get banned..

breathe breathe

And god damn it she/he said she/he was joking about it...

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:51
it's not ignorance, mygod me and mt friends say it to eachother all the time. loosen up, permabanned for saying a word, are you friggin kidding me?

Some people can't take a joke. Not everyone is expected to fit into our perfect little world, so I'd suggest getting out of yours.

No means to be offensive of course, just sayinggg.

It's not just a word. It's a vulgar and incredibly rude insult to someone. And the word itself is offensive. Would you please get a clue before posting here again? Sweet Jesus, why are some people so ignorant?

Ignorance is their new Best Friend, Ignorance is their new Best Friend

:p

Marianna12
28-11-09, 14:51

Well, I don't think that this happens here...But I don't know, maybe it's just me, cause many members seem to be a bit mad at mods lately:p

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:52

Don't tell me to loosen up. Just because you call each other that doesn't make it right! Get a clue and learn what the word means. Good Lord, some people just need a punch in the throat. I never thought I'd say this, but where the Hell is Catapharact when you need him?

What part of IT DOESN'T MATTER do you not understand? Jesus H ****ing Popsicle.

Ignorance is their new Best Friend, Ignorance is their new Best Friend

:p

For real.

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:52

That doesn't make it ok.

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:53
Nate and Marianna:

Oh no, I'm just giving examples. The mods over here are all very, Uhhh... what's the word I'm looking for...

Uh, I'll go with Nice and Obedient. :p

MariahCroft
Some people can't take a joke. Not everyone is expected to fit into our perfect little world, so I'd suggest getting out of yours.

No means to be offensive of course, just sayinggg.

none taken, im just saying people shouldn't get their panties tied in a knot when there are bigger things to fuss over about. thats all.

ajrich17901
Cant a mod take all the off topic stuff out? This is going way off topic as usual. I can see 5 pages generating out of one certain word being used -_-

Catracoth
You two, MC and DC, are what's wrong with the world.

Cant a mod take all the off topic stuff out? This is going way off topic as usual. I can see 5 pages generating out of this little war going on now.

Or better yet, close this goddamn thread.

ajrich17901
28-11-09, 14:54

Or better yet, close this goddamn thread.

Actually you do have a point, I have no idea what this thread is even doing besides ****ing people off, or trying to sturr people up as usual.

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:54
none taken, im just saying people shouldn't get their panties tied in a knot when there are bigger things to fuss over about. thats all.

Case closed then. :hug:

Cant a mod take all the off topic stuff out? This is going way off topic as usual. I can see 5 pages generating out of one certain word being used -_-

New Thread? Isn't that was Quasi did for the Freedom one? :)

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 14:55
Don't tell me to loosen up. Just because you call each other that doesn't make it right! Get a clue and learn what the word means. Good Lord, some people just need a punch in the throat. I never thought I'd say this, but where the Hell is Catapharact when you need him?

lol of course it matters. let it go man, theres no need to be al politically correct to try and prove that youre all goodie two shoes.

Dina_Croft

That doesn't make it ok.

For you It's not...for some others it is ok.

And please people STFU and calm down for a second

If you want angry I can get angry

You wanna yo mama slangs?

PLEASE PEOPLE!

Aparently someone else got to grow up!

Catracoth
Actually you do have a point, I have no idea what this thread is even doing besides ****ing people off.

Pretty much. I'm surprised this wasn't locked from the start. If you ask me, the complaint being made wasn't even really made in an appropriate matter. Usually, that isn't tolerated. Look out, here comes the favourites game, :p.

lol of course it matters. let it go man, theres no need to be al politically correct to try and prove that youre all goodie two shoes.

Sweet Jesus, have you anything to say that's worth my time?

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 14:56
Nate and Marianna:

Oh no, I'm just giving examples. The mods over here are all very, Uhhh... what's the word I'm looking for...

Uh, I'll go with Nice and Obedient. :p

Oh ok.:p

Yeah, like I said I've never really seen a thread closed that wasn't closed for a reason. We are given the rules when we join, you have two choices follow the rules that are given or break them and get banned.:)

Marianna12
28-11-09, 14:56
Oh ok.:p

Yeah, like I said I've never really seen a thread closed that wasn't closed for a reason. We are given the rules when we join, you have tow choices follow the rules that are given or break them and get banned.:)

My thoughts exactly!:tmb:

Catracoth
28-11-09, 14:58
Yeah, like I said I've never really seen a thread closed that wasn't closed for a reason. We are given the rules when we join, you have tow choices follow the rules that are given or break them and get banned.:)

Yep. I would know all about the latter, trust me. Just don't come back like a whiny little ***** complaining about being banned. If you're banned, it's for good reason. And if you can't comprehend why you were banned, for instance, not seeing what's wrong with using the word "faggot" then you don't belong in society.

MariahCroft
Sweet Jesus, have you anything to say that's worth my time?

youve already wasted your time on me, lol

Dina_Croft

That's it.

:cen: You man you are aparently the wrong one for being such an ass about it.

We have freedom of speech as I remember...

Anyone has the right to say what he/she wants to okay?

LightningRider
28-11-09, 14:59
For you It's not...for some others it is ok.

And please people STFU and calm down for a second

If you want angry I can get angry

You wanna yo mama slangs?

PLEASE PEOPLE!

Aparently someone else got to grow up!

Yo Mamma, has not taught you well... :p

Ignoring that, It's OK for others, but what about for other people that aren't in the others section. Not everyone here has to tick a box saying their okay with the word. ;)

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:00
whatever though, im over it, people take everything so seriously, its kinda embarassing to watch.

its like 'OMG U SAID A RUDE WORD, PERMABAN!'

it's just psycho to me.

Mad Tony
I would expect you to say this as you and he often disagreed on things and you did not know him personally.It's got nothing to do with me disagreeing with him, I just didn't think he was fair all the time and I occasionally found him rather rude.

Ikas90
If I were Admin I'd probably never have the heart to ban someone. :p

As sad as that sounds.

Dina_Croft
Ignoring that, It's OK for others, but what about for other people that aren't in the others section. Not everyone here has to tick a box saying their okay with the word. ;)

Aaaand the opposite.:whi:

Catracoth
You man you are aparently the wrong one for being such an ass about it.

I'm not being an ass, I'm being truthful and straightforward. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

We have freedom of speech as I remember...

That's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean you can go around like a twat and calling people "faggots" thinking it's okay. There's a fine line between freedom of speech and just being stupid. FOS doesn't even apply here, so I don't know what you're going on about anyway. You have a lot of growing up to do.

it's just psycho to me.

Sweet Jesus.

Ikas90
28-11-09, 15:01

You don't have the right to offend people.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 15:02
You have a lot of growing up to do.

You've found my "weak" spot huh?

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 15:02

:tmb:

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 15:04
But faggots are food :(

http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/faggots.jpg

ajrich17901
28-11-09, 15:05

:vlol: always nice to know I suppose lol

Catracoth

I was waiting for someone to break out a secondary definition :rolleyes:.

Dina_Croft

:vlol::vlol:

:(:(:(

Yeah people do not offend teh food:mad:

Phys

...Ew :p

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 15:06

*refrains from making really bad joke*
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/120px-Awesome_hurr_hurr.png

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:06

you're just asking to be attacked by people here

but LOL

LightningRider
28-11-09, 15:07
*refrians from making really bad joke*
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/120px-Awesome_hurr_hurr.png

:smk: I see what you were gonna do there.

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 15:07
I was waiting for someone to break out a secondary definition :rolleyes:.I do think you have gone a bit overboard with this whole faggot thing though. I agree people shouldn't use the word and should definitely receive a warning for doing so but a perm ban is just way over the top. If you're gonna perm ban people for that you might as well perm ban them for swearing.

LightningRider
28-11-09, 15:09
I suggest we all get over the Perma Ban Thing, and start talking about the mods again and fast. We don't want them thinking we were being all naughty now do we? :p

Catracoth
28-11-09, 15:09
I do think you have gone a bit overboard with this whole faggot thing though. I agree people shouldn't use the word and should definitely receive a warning for doing so but a perm ban is just way over the top. If you're gonna perm ban people for that you might as well perm ban them for swearing.

You have your opinion and I have mine. The word is incredibly offensive and it offends me just hearing someone use it in a negative fashion. I take things like this incredibly seriously, so a perma-ban would be effective in my eyes. And swearing is offensive to some people as well, but the forum censors it, so it's fine.

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 15:10
I do think you have gone a bit overboard with this whole faggot thing though. I agree people shouldn't use the word and should definitely receive a warning for doing so but a perm ban is just way over the top. If you're gonna perm ban people for that you might as well perm ban them for swearing.

Oh..no...Don't get him all HULK again:vlol:

Catracoth
28-11-09, 15:11

Shouldn't you be basking in ignorance somewhere?

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 15:11

Why are you trying to poke at other members?:confused:

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 15:13
Shouldn't you be basking in ignorance somewhere?

Seriously dude.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/2800cuf_th.gif

Apparently a joke nowadays it's basking people....

Catracoth
28-11-09, 15:13
Seriously dude.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/2800cuf_th.gif

Ironic, because half the people here were doing that when they saw your posts.

LightningRider
28-11-09, 15:15
I did suggest a New Thread for this discussion or by PM, but whatever. I'm out.

Catracoth
28-11-09, 15:15
I did suggest a New Thread for this discussion or by PM, but whatever. I'm out.

Hold the door!

Catapharact
28-11-09, 15:16
You ppl don't need mods... You need Drill Sergents.

LaraRules81
28-11-09, 15:17
What has the world come to? :rolleyes:

Carbonek_0051
28-11-09, 15:18
You ppl don't need mods... You need Drill Sergents.

Will you be one of the Drill Sergents?:mis:

Dina_Croft
28-11-09, 15:18
Ironic, because half the people here were doing that when they saw your posts.

Trust me your posts were a bigger facepalm.

Please people I was just AGAIN joking.

I come from the land where we "poke" people all the time.:vlol:

years and years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristophanes

This is just my nature

Greenkey2
28-11-09, 15:19
I can see this is going well...

Speaking personally, I've found less and less time to devote to TRF in the last year or so. Why? Because mods have lives outside the forum just like any other human being. Sometimes, gorsh darn it, we have to unplug for a while and leave aside the bickering, pointlessness and outright tantrums that are part and parcel of forum life to go tend to them.

Mods aren't the forum's equivalent of Agents; trawling every single thread of every single day in search of juicy victims (except, as he's already admitted, Esconder, but that's his business :hug: ;)). We're human, so if we're having a bad day and someone starts yet another spam-factory thread and we forget to shoot off an explanatory PM... it's natural!

I defy anyone who complains that moderators lord over the forum, and basically do what they like knowing they'll get away with it, to last a week doing our job... answering PMs, breaking up arguments, checking and re-checking threads or, goddess forbid, actually having to pay the server bills, keep the software updated and running cleanly and take responsibility for TRC on top of leading a life on Planet Reality.

The most rewarding thing about being a mod is doing your best and seeing people enjoy spending time here. When someone says, 'I really like the atmosphere' or 'I feel safe talking to people and having fun', you know it's working :)

irjudd
28-11-09, 15:23
I can't tell if Alex and his modly brethren are keeping this open just for the irony of the title or because it is fun to watch. Maybe both.

If anyone thinks modding is tight now, imagine banning for "faggot" and the double standard it would set if you weren't also banned for every other derogatory title someone could give.

Catapharact
28-11-09, 15:23
Will you be one of the Drill Sergents?:mis:

If that is required...

Keep in mind though that once I am though with people around here, they will forget what smiling is all togather.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbMBU1tguBI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbMBU1tguBI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Greenkey2
28-11-09, 15:25
I can't tell if Alex and his modly brethren are keeping this open just for the irony of the title or because it is fun to watch. Maybe both.

If anyone thinks modding is tight now, imagine banning for "faggot" and the double standard it would set if you weren't also banned for every other derogatory title someone could give.

^ I spent ten years thinking 'faggot' was a bundle of twigs and branches used to make bonfires. Oh, what fun the English language be... :rolleyes:

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 15:29
I can see this is going well...

Speaking personally, I've found less and less time to devote to TRF in the last year or so. Why? Because mods have lives outside the forum just like any other human being. Sometimes, gorsh darn it, we have to unplug for a while and leave aside the bickering, pointlessness and outright tantrums that are part and parcel of forum life to go tend to them.

You DO?

I kid, all moderators out there :p

Your_Envy*
28-11-09, 15:30
If I were Admin I'd probably never have the heart to ban someone. :p

As sad as that sounds.

Same here. :o

Good point. :tmb:

Anyway, I agree what Marianna said. When you registered, you agreed with rules. It even says:

I have read, and agree to abide by the www.tombraiderforums.com rules.

I guess people don't read.

Encore
28-11-09, 15:32
If that is required...

Keep in mind though that once I am though with people around here, they will forget what smiling is all togather.

Sometimes your posts seem like they came right out of a cheesy b action movie. :p

Mona Sax
28-11-09, 15:33
I agree that a reason should be given whenever a thread is closed - if not directly in the thread itself, then by PM. The only reason I can think of why a mod would not do that is because they think the reason is obvious. In any way, feel free to contact a staff member (ideally, the mod responsible) if you're not sure why a thread was closed.
I've always known Gabi as a mature, responsible and very kind person, and I've never seen her take any kind of action without a comprehensible and valid reason. Again, if you don't understand why she did something, just ask her.
I mean anybody, who is willing.
or someone who will monitor them without the official title of moderator...
and they can let a mod know if something goes wrong!
We can't just give mod powers to whoever is willing to use them, and for the monitoring thing, there's already the 'report post' option.

As for this thread, please keep it on-topic. No spam, no bickering. I think threads like this one are important - would be kind of ironic if we had to close it! ;)

Catapharact
28-11-09, 15:35
Sometimes your posts seem like they came right out of a cheesy b action movie. :p

Would you rather have me sounding like a flamboyant token gay guy instead? As much as that might be the norm around hollywood these days, afraid I am going to have to pass...

As for this thread, please keep it on-topic. No spam, no bickering. I think threads like this one are important - would be kind of ironic if we had to close it! ;)

Comeon... Let them prove me right once again ;).

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:42
You have your opinion and I have mine. The word is incredibly offensive and it offends me just hearing someone use it in a negative fashion. I take things like this incredibly seriously, so a perma-ban would be effective in my eyes. And swearing is offensive to some people as well, but the forum censors it, so it's fine.
http://i48.************/r85t03.jpg

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 15:43
These GIFs are getting so annoying.

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 15:44

aren't they just

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:46

whats wrong with them

irjudd
28-11-09, 15:46
Is that a statement or a question?

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 15:48
whats wrong with themPeople are always posting them instead of actually replying to a post and they're not even funny given the amount of times some of them have been posted.

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:50
People are always posting them instead of actually replying to a post and they're not even funny given the amount of times some of them have been posted.

sometimes theyre not meant to be funny...that was a laughing gif, sposed to be laughing at the quoted post... isn't that quite clear?

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 15:51
sometimes theyre not meant to be funny...that was a laughing gif, sposed to be laughing at the quoted post... isn't that quite clear?They're pointless and just the same as replying with a single smiley. In fact most of the time the expressions displayed in these GIFs are the exact same as the smileys.

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 15:52
ok then

http://i45.************/2uhnvpz.jpg

Quasimodo
28-11-09, 15:54

Closing threads like this would reinforce the belief in some that moderators are bullies drunk on power who stamp out anyone who dares to question their authority.

daventry
28-11-09, 16:00
I dare to Question Justin even, whats with the Penguin Option in Polls when it has Nothing to do with him. :p

patriots88888
28-11-09, 16:04
Closing threads like this would reinforce the belief in some that moderators are bullies drunk on power who stamp out anyone who dares to question their authority.

I don't see it as questioning authority. I believe this thread was intended more specifically about questioning the methods.

Agent 47
28-11-09, 16:05
People are always posting them instead of actually replying to a post and they're not even funny given the amount of times some of them have been posted.

yep, it's not like they actually contribute anything to a thread :( but alas MT they're here to stay and will continue to irritate people like you and i :vlol:

best to let it go

Quasimodo
28-11-09, 16:06
I don't see it as questioning authority. I believe this thread was intended more specifically about questioning the methods.

Yeah, that's what I was aiming at :p People are less likely to respect instruction from someone they perceive as a bully, though.

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 16:09
Yeah, that's what I was aiming at :p People are less likely to respect instruction from someone they perceive as a bully, though.

definately

violentblossom
28-11-09, 18:53
It's got nothing to do with me disagreeing with him, I just didn't think he was fair all the time and I occasionally found him rather rude.

And maybe that is part of it, Mad Tony, but you seem to hold alot of resentment towards him.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree as I am quite fond of Neteru.

Were both being wholly biased.

Icarus60
28-11-09, 19:01
I think Mods deleting blocks of stuff because they've made some sort of unilateral decision about who might be offended is not always a good idea. Sometimes there's legitimate discussion buried in there. Delete words and phrases maybe, but not whole posts.

Having said that, there's many bits of forum lore that apply on most forums that I don't get. I don't care about bumping old threads and I don't care about drifting off topic. That's how discussions work IRL, and rigidly trying to control conversations usually kills them stone dead.

So what do I know?

Ward Dragon
28-11-09, 19:04
I don't care about drifting off topic. That's how discussions work IRL, and rigidly trying to control conversations usually kills them stone dead.

I agree. Sometimes it is best to delete an argument however if it contributes nothing to the thread and just gets in the way. I've undeleted the argument you refer to in order to illustrate how it clutters the thread unnecessarily to leave an empty post with a note that the contents have been deleted due to being an argument.

tampi
28-11-09, 19:20
Official Mod's kit survival:

GUN MOUSE:
http://i50.************/14vp79v.jpg

PORTABLE WEEKEND KIT:
http://i47.************/fvcoi8.jpg

DIRECT CALL TELEPHON'S GUN:
http://i46.************/256fyud.jpg

Catracoth
28-11-09, 19:23
GUN MOUSE:
http://i50.************/14vp79v.jpg

I like Walthers.

Johnnay
28-11-09, 19:32
i have nothing against the mods here:)

but i want to assume the first mod i crossed paths with was Gabi. Shes a nice woman who knows what shes doing as a moderator. she knows that i am not some bad person and if she removes stuff or closes a thread down theres definitely a reason why she has done that. and its not just her but ohter moderators too. im pretty sure Justin could tell if a Mod hasnt done his/her job

also theres Jackles, EscondeR and WD who are nice people too

tampi
28-11-09, 19:39
I do not understand these threads.

I think the feeling should be just the opposite.

Los Angeles
28-11-09, 19:41
Well, some of us just want attention...

msalpha2omega
28-11-09, 19:54
I think the mods are doing a good job here..... Some threads are just pointless.....

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 19:55
Im not saying that the mods are bad, (the ones I know are awsome!) and I do understand the need to close some threads, but soemtimes I have seen threads where no reason is given for their closing ect as points have been brought up.
and this thread moved pretty fast from the word go so some people do feel strongly about the topic

Phys
28-11-09, 19:58
and this thread moved pretty fast from the word go so some people do feel strongly about the topic

Exactly why this thread should stay open rather than be closed like Johnnay previously suggested simply because he didn't like it :rolleyes:

As seen before, Justin and the mods like to know what people's concerns are about the forum. Feedback is generally appreciated to keep the forum running smoothly :)

Trigger_happy
28-11-09, 20:14
but soemtimes I have seen threads where no reason is given for their closing ect as points have been brought up.

The threads that closed without reason are 99 % of the time spam: just like the 3 word story thread you seem so cut up about. Mods shouldn't need to explain that.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 20:19
The threads that closed without reason are 99 % of the time spam: just like the 3 word story thread you seem so cut up about. Mods shouldn't need to explain that.

haha your name matches my thread :p (sorry off topic)

anywho, I was refering that as an example, but I wasnt talking exclusivly about that thread....spam in one persons eyes is non-spam in anothers (sorry cant think of a better word atm)

Noodleboy
28-11-09, 21:15
I do have to say that the closing of the 3 word-story game was a bit unessecary..
Threads about for example Rihanna and Britney Spears go on for ever, but a game thread everyone can join into gets closed because "it has gone on for too long"

Minty Mouth
28-11-09, 21:38
I do have to say that the closing of the 3 word-story game was a bit unessecary..

Wasn't there a thread just like it active before that one was created? I could Swear there was a thread called TRF Story or something.

And even if there wasn't, I've lost count of how many times that thread has been created only to be forgotten about.

Dark Lugia 2
28-11-09, 21:46
Threads about for example Rihanna and Britney Spears go on for ever, but a game thread everyone can join into gets closed because "it has gone on for too long"

Those threads actually discuss though, whilst the 3 word story is a thread which is...random

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 21:48
well why cant we have a couple of random threads?

suli
28-11-09, 21:52
I dont like that EscondR or something mod, he is so so not nice.

Mad Tony
28-11-09, 21:57
And maybe that is part of it, Mad Tony, but you seem to hold alot of resentment towards him.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree as I am quite fond of Neteru.

Were both being wholly biased.Yeah, I do actually, because of the manner in which he treated me and various other members here.

I don't think we're being biased, we've just had different experiences.

He was firm but IMO, he was certainly not fair.

shadow_fire
28-11-09, 21:58
I dont like that EscondR or something mod, he is so so not nice.

least he gives reasons most of the time, when he closes :p
and when he not modding he okay lols

MariahCroft
28-11-09, 22:05
I think the mods are doing a good job here..... Some threads are just pointless.....

it is general section

you should be allowed to make whatever thread you want.

i hate, HATE how the admin here makes whatever the **** he wants yet when a regular member makes one like he does, it gets locked and they get told to move it to general chat.

its just psycho to me.