PDA

View Full Version : Why are music channels on Youtube making their videos private?

TRhalloween
28-11-09, 16:34
Anyone else notice this?

lara c. fan
28-11-09, 17:08
Nope. But now I do....
Thanks for shattering the illusion :)

Reggie
28-11-09, 17:49
Yeah all P!nks videos have gone private. Maybe its the Sony record label changing policy? :(

TRhalloween
30-11-09, 23:11
They've not given an answer yet.

Carbonek_0051
30-11-09, 23:17
Nope. But now I do....
Thanks for shattering the illusion :)

:vlol:

irjudd
30-11-09, 23:48
Do you expect for a Youtube Public Relations Representative to be a member here?

Siberian Tiger
01-12-09, 00:00
Do you expect for a Youtube Public Relations Representative to be a member here?

There isn't one? Well I'll be damned. :(

I've not noticed this but I suppose I'll 'watch this space'.

tombraiderluka
01-12-09, 00:01
Why not? :p

Anyway, I noticed, thought it was a bug :confused:

Ward Dragon
01-12-09, 00:08
I'm probably just being paranoid here, but if the videos are private then you have to log in to see them, yes? That way the record company has a list of every user name that's watched their videos. I haven't logged into my Youtube account in months XD

TRhalloween
01-12-09, 00:20
I was wondering if anyone knew :p
I'm probably just being paranoid here, but if the videos are private then you have to log in to see them, yes? That way the record company has a list of every user name that's watched their videos. I haven't logged into my Youtube account in months XD

I did but that's when it said it's private.

Ward Dragon
01-12-09, 00:21
I did but that's when it said it's private.

Oh, I see. Well if they won't let anyone see the videos (not even subscribers or friends) then my assumption is that they are reconsidering whether they want the videos to be on Youtube but they didn't want to have to bother deleting them and reuploading them later if they changed their mind.