PDA

View Full Version : Series Finale Discussion

LegendLost
30-11-09, 04:07
Many shows have ended over the years, so I was just curious, which shows series(as in last episode)finales were most memorable to you.

-For me I was beyond upset to see Charmed, Will & Grace, and the old WB show X-Men Evolution come to and end. Now I'm just waiting for Lost, and Desperate Housewives to end. Aside from them I'm not hooked on anything else at the moment.

_Awestruck_
30-11-09, 04:14
Friends is the most memorable to me.

I still get surprised at the last scene when Ross is listening to the voicemail.

LightningRider
30-11-09, 04:15
Down Right Teen Titans. It makes me cry. :(

Legend of Lara
30-11-09, 09:05
I was glad that Charmed ended. Did you see season 8?! :vlol:
Friends made me bawl, I'll admit.

Spong
30-11-09, 09:11
LOST has always had good season finales :tmb:

Reggie
30-11-09, 09:19
I was sad that Bad Girls ended. Can't think of anything else...

CerebralAssassin
30-11-09, 09:48
lrnmbiN4xjE

^up until that point Captain Picard never did play poker with his crew...it was a rather touching and proper way to end a great series IMO.:D

Cochrane
30-11-09, 09:57
lrnmbiN4xjE

^up until that point Captain Picard never did play poker with his crew...it was a rather touching and proper way to end a great series IMO.:D

I fully agree. The end of Enterprise was also pretty memorable, but not in a good way.

Little-Lara
30-11-09, 10:07
I sooooo need to watch the end episodes of StarTrek tng!!!

LightningRider
30-11-09, 10:43
lrnmbiN4xjE

That's a great one. When he says that he should've done it a long time ago, that always makes me smile. :)

Spong
30-11-09, 11:19
lrnmbiN4xjE

Ah, All Good Things. How could I have forgotten about that? An absolutely perfect end to one of the best TV series ever broadcast.

peeves
30-11-09, 13:16
i was disappointed that Malcolm in the Middle ended.

Encore
30-11-09, 13:38
Seinfeld was funny :D

LegendLost
30-11-09, 14:48
Ahhh, Star Trek. I forgot about that one. I also really enjoyed Voyagers ending.

tonyme
30-11-09, 18:00
The FRIENDS finale was great. Really emotional and also really funny, they handled that very well. And it wasn't cheesy at all, they reminded what made the show amazing in the first place in such a great way (chick and the duck, Gunther's crush on Rachel, Ross and Rachel 'on a break', etc.) it really was great.

:tmb:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/tonybeayno/bow1.jpg

Nenya awakens
30-11-09, 18:11
The Ending to Stargate SG1 was a good'un. The whole episode was touching :)

Minimus
30-11-09, 18:14
"Chosen", of Buffy the Vampire Slayer was epic, but I was so sad that such a fantastic series had to end...

And I was sad to see the end of Charmed and hear about the pre-mature end of Dollhouse too... :(

Nenya awakens
30-11-09, 18:19
^^ Chosen felt so rushed to me, I didn't like it, Nor the finale of Angel.

Minimus
30-11-09, 18:22
^^ Chosen felt so rushed to me, I didn't like it, Nor the finale of Angel.

I thought it was a bit rushed in a way, too... like (many fans wonder) why were the Ubervamps as easy to kill as normal vamps in that episode? Even Anya and Dawn were killing them! But when Buffy first encountered one, it beat the crap out of her!! :confused::mad:

Lightning Soul
30-11-09, 18:39
I will be sad when UGLY BETTY ends, I just know she'll end up with Henry when it should be Daniel... silly writers! I will miss Wilhelmina as well, she's the best character on the show, along with Marc and Amanda!!

I cried at the end of Buffy... for all the WRONG REASONS!! The show went out with a whimper, yet SMG said it was the "best year ever!"...
LOL how stupid, Season 5 was/always will be Buffy's best season and ending, THE GIFT was an absolutly beautiful episode, classic Buffy at it's best!! :hug:

Not really watched any other finale episodes - FRIEDNS was sad cause it went on for sooo long and wasn't funny with the laugh track and all...

I like watching How I met Your Mother, but it's only cause of NPH, he's a legend and truly makes the series worth watching as Barney :cool:

tranniversary119
30-11-09, 18:40
Roseanne's season finale was great. The show started to fail and then it ended with a bang. Really great show!

Cochrane
30-11-09, 18:45
Yeah, the end of season 5 of Buffy was way better than the actual end. In fact, I even liked the end of season 6 better. That was all about the personal relationships that really formed the core of the show, instead of just beating up "more vamps than eva!!!".

Thinking back about it, I don't recall the end of season 2 right now, but I did like all the others more.

I do wonder what the end of Dollhouse will be like. Epitaph One would have been a wonderful last episode… but then, having a second season is (I hope, not seen any part of it yet) certainly better.

TombRaiderLover
30-11-09, 18:47
The Series 8 finale of Scrubs was brilliant. :tmb:

Cochrane
30-11-09, 18:50
Damn it, can't believe I forgot Dallas. That was one amazing final episode!

aktrekker
01-12-09, 00:45
Cleopatra 2525. :D
Nothing was resolved.

Catracoth
01-12-09, 00:52
vq94JqQ5sAA

The Season 4 finale to Alias had me screaming all week.

JA0Mx9lo0Xg

And the series finale; sweet Jesus was I crying forever.

TRhalloween
01-12-09, 01:06
Friends!

"Did she get off the plane? DID SHE GET OFF THE PLANE?!"

"I got off the plane."

:hug:

Nenya awakens
01-12-09, 01:08
Yeah the Friends ending was awesome :)

I really hated the WIll & Grace ending, it was like... So after 8 seasons they fall out, live their seperate lives and then meet up again when their kids go to college?!!

BIG let down.

Phys
01-12-09, 01:14
Star Trek: Voyager Season 6 Finale "Unimatrix Zero"

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b7/Janeway-borg.jpg

I'll never forget the surprise ending of Captain Janeway, Tuvok, and Torres being assimilated and turned into drones. I couldn't wait to see how they'd get out of that!

LegendLost
01-12-09, 02:41
Actually, the lost Season 3 Finale for me will always be the most memorable. I actually couldn't fall asleep after and laid in bed for 3 hours.

Season 5's finale with Juliet also left me sitting in shock and rethinking the show over while I tried to fall asleep.

I can't even imagine how the show will end.

larafan25
01-12-09, 02:44
I must say, season 1 finale of the Winx Club was pretty intense.

I am not joking.