PDA

View Full Version : Schoolpresentation about Lara Croft

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 12:44
Hi everyone =) :)

At the momeant I am working really hard on my presentation about Lara Croft. It'll count like a exam. I'd like to tell my teachers about her history and her "life". How she got famous and how she got "real" Now I please need you help as real Lara Croft fans and lovers. :)

Could you write me some scenteces in an easy english about her. How she got developed and so on. IT WOULD BE SO KIND =) Thank you sooo much! I love u xoxo :)

I have to talk 5 minutes about it! It would be sooooo kind of you !! :)

Thank youuuuu =)

Yours, Shangri'La

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 12:45
This May help. :) Check her biographies.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/index.html

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/info.html

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 12:47
This May help. :) Check her biographies.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/index.html

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/info.html

Thank you :) Any suggestions for my presentation? I need 5 minutes talking text! :)

LightningRider
02-12-09, 12:52
Oh my Speech Making, as if I hadn't jhad enough of this.

I'd suggest opening with something catchy, something that isn't "Lara Croft is Blah Blah Blah."

Maybe something like "Icon. Anti-Hero. Sex Symbol. Tomb Raider. Yadda yadda yadda."

Splitting your paragraphs into different sections on different topics about her makes it easier. I'd suggest starting with the games, then go on saying "But even if the games were magnificent, Lara was what caught attention....", then talk Lara, then her appeal, and finally, what you like about her.

I hope I helped. :D

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 12:56
You could start by mentioning her worldwide success, her fame and her
iconic status! The most famous female game character of all! (She even has
guiness records.) Most successful movie adaptation of a game...
How well the games have done, ect.

Then Mention her humble origins in derby, How unusual it was to have a
female lead character, (they were going to have an Indiana jones esque
character but changed ther minds)

They released TR1 on Halloween of 1996, it hit number one and remained
there for months. subsequent success followed.

There are brilliant videos for gametap that explain it all, I'll find those for you. :)

You could use videos, If you are alowed.

There are alot of vids with awesome music and great scenes/ Pics.

XBOXCroft
02-12-09, 12:58
That sounds so familiar I can appeal to it. Since, I already did.

Oh, and one more thing:

Here's what I call a speech,

uBq6ORD3CBM

Anyway, back to serious talk.

Don't forget eye contact and of course, a loud voice, so people can hear you in the back. Don't make your words too crisp or too complex, at least the vocabulary your audience can understand.

Also, take note of your audience, are they the, logic type? the creative type? Always focus on your audience. Your the one talking to them, try making a speech that appeals to your audience.

Andyroo
02-12-09, 12:58
Don't forget to throw in a few jokes! Everyone loves a good joke.

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 13:00
IMPORTANT!!

Okay, these videos cover pretty much everything from her creation to her rise to fame and all of the models.

This will deffinately give you alot of info! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYW9ZHkmbM&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9kKb0Xkgk&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTlK1ycuK8&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEpQtKfrXw&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2eMbDrLGxA&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJXhRHk-qY&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGYL9Ul6Gmc&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggxhgFWcnI&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqhznje_Aro&feature=PlayList&p=DD81B2890F84C7EA&index=18

Jedd Fletcher
02-12-09, 13:19
All the best with your school presentation! I've always wanted to do a presentation on something I actually like haha, here are some tips for your presentation.

First, talk about the lack of female videogame heroines and how the role of the female in videogames has always been relegated to the damsel in distress or the dominatrix, and how Lara Croft filled that void.

Provide some reasons for Lara's instant success-this could range from the freshness of a videogame heroine to the then-cutting-edge graphics that the game boasted. Make sure to mention that the first TR practically invented the third-person adventure genre.

Continue by listing the games that followed, and you could also briefly touch on the plot of each game if you have the time. Also talk about Lara's status as a virtual sex symbol and also the real-life models that portrayed Lara. Mentioning Lara's "endorsements" will certainly show the impact she had on pop culture

Move on to the movies, starring Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. The move to the big screen was certainly a big thing for the franchise, and it certainly boosted Jolie further into the public spotlight and paved the way for her more mainstream roles.

Then Angel of Darkness, Cradle of Life and the seeming death of the franchise with the failures of both the game and the film. You can move on from there to the reboot by Crystal Dynamics with Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Also slip in the RE/Visioned animated web series with Minnie Driver as the voice of Lara.

End off with what's next for Lara, such as Origins and possibly a film reboot.

Hope that helped! Once again, all the best!

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 13:21
Thank you very much =) Thankkkkkyyys =) I try to use your information and I hope I'll have a great exam :jmp:

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 14:55
finaly I got some snippets of text!
Who is so kind to make a presentation out of it please =)
Tell me please and then I'll post it THANKS =) :)

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 15:06
She’s the most succesful woman to ever hit videogames.
With 12 years, 20billion dollar and 30million games under her bill.
Lara Croft has gone from idea, to icon
In 1995 a young British animator named Toby Gard had an idea for a brand new type of adventure game.
At first the game character should be a mon
It looked too much like Indiana Jones so after a sexchange Lara Croft was born.
The name Croft came out of the telephone book
After some years of success Lara Croft turned more and more into a real person and a sex symbol.
The character should discover ancient temples and lost pyramids.
The character underwent a sexchange
Early designs were based on Lara Cruz, hey wanted a UK friendlier name so Lara Croft came out of the phone book.
Sony USA rejected early versions of TR . They were asking for more material and a better game.
On Halloween day in 1996 TR1 was in stores and sold extraordinary.
If you put all ever sold copies of TR one on top on die other you would have building which is 27 times higher than the eiffeltower.
So they started to design a new character. They wanted something truly original.
Early drafts of her were based on a south american women named Lara Cruz but Toby Gard wanted a UK friendlier name.
Several names were picket to a vote and lara croft took first place.
Lara was born but nobody expected her later success at that moment.
The fame name tomb raider describes the treatment.
Lara landed on the cover of Brittan’s the Fame magazine which is famous for real life models and high fashion trends. So that was the defining moment for Lara as a real personality .
240 magazine covers later Lara was a worldwide Phenomenon. She has gone from idea to icon.

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 16:47
What do you thnink about my own text? It isn't finished yet but I hope it's good:

She’s the most successful women to ever hit videogames. How you can see I’m talking about Lara Croft and she’s my topic today. Well in 1995 a young British animator named Toby Gard had an idea for a brand new type of adventure game. The idea was to create a game which is like an interactive movie. He had this idea while he was working at core design a small designer office in the UK. The game was set in lost pyramids, temples and tombs which the gamer should discover. Therefore the name Tomb Raider came which describes the treatment of the game perfectly in my opinion. So Toby Gard started creating a figure for his game. Featuring a male figure was planed and so he designed a man but he looked very similar to Indiana Jones. With a hat and a whip, you know and that’s why core design told him: “That’s Indiana Jones we can’t do that.” So Toby Gard started creating a new character for his game and that time he wanted something truly original. So his Indiana Jones underwent a sexchange. Early drafts of Lara were based on a South American woman named Lara Cruz. Core Design wanted a UK friendlier name. So the team run through the phone book. Several names were picked to vote and Lara Croft took first place. Finally the name came out of the telephone book. So Lara Croft was born but at this time nobody expected her later extraordinary success. With Lara Croft the first time a female character was leading a videogame. Then after one year of developing the game was ready. But believe it or not, Sony USA rejected an early version of Tomb Raider. They wanted more material and a better game. So Core Designed improved the game a lot and finally it hit stores in Halloween day in 1996. It sold extraordinary and was the game hit of the year because of its gorgeous graphics. After this first success they knew that the show must go on. So they developed 8 more games, 9 in total. Till today about 50 million copies were sold worldwide and Lara Croft is a multibillion dollar empire. If you put all ever sold copies of Tomb Raider one on top on the other you would have a building which is 27 times higher than the Eiffel tower. After these 12 years Lara got more and more a real person and a sex symbol. In 2000 Lara landed on the cover of britans “The Face” magazine which is famous for real life models and high fashion trends. So that was the defining moment for Lara as a personality. One year later the New York times counted her to the 100rd most important personalities of the 20th century.

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 16:57
Brilliant at the moment! :D

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 17:12
Brilliant at the moment! :D

Thank you!! =) And now? It's the final text :)
How can I end it? Because I think it's a bad end at the moment

She’s the most successful women to ever hit videogames. How you can see I’m talking about Lara Croft and she’s my topic today. Well in 1995 a young British animator named Toby Gard had an idea for a brand new type of adventure game. The idea was to create a game which is like an interactive movie. He had this idea while he was working at core design a small designer office in the UK. The game was set in lost pyramids, temples and tombs which the gamer should discover. Therefore the name Tomb Raider came which describes the treatment of the game perfectly in my opinion. So Toby Gard started creating a figure for his game. Featuring a male figure was planed and so he designed a man but he looked very similar to Indiana Jones. With a hat and a whip, you know and that’s why core design told him: “That’s Indiana Jones we can’t do that.” So Toby Gard started creating a new character for his game and that time he wanted something truly original. So his Indiana Jones underwent a sexchange. Early drafts of Lara were based on a South American woman named Lara Cruz. Core Design wanted a UK friendlier name. So the team run through the phone book. Several names were picked to vote and Lara Croft took first place. Finally the name came out of the telephone book. So Lara Croft was born but at this time nobody expected her later extraordinary success. With Lara Croft the first time a female character was leading a videogame. Then after one year of developing the game was ready. But believe it or not, Sony USA rejected an early version of Tomb Raider. They wanted more material and a better game. So Core Designed improved the game a lot and finally it hit stores in Halloween day in 1996. It sold extraordinary and was the game hit of the year because of its gorgeous graphics. After this first success they knew that the show must go on. So they developed 8 more games, 9 in total. Till today about 50 million copies were sold worldwide and Lara Croft is a multibillion dollar empire. If you put all ever sold copies of Tomb Raider one on top on the other you would have a building which is 27 times higher than the Eiffel tower. After these 12 years Lara got more and more a real person and a sex symbol. In 2000 Lara landed on the cover of britans “The Face” magazine which is famous for real life models and high fashion trends. So that was the defining moment for Lara as a personality. One year later the New York times counted her to the 100rd most important personalities of the 20th century. 240 magazine covers later Lara was a worldwide phenoman. She has gone from idea to icon. Core Design wanted to show how real she is and make her even more real so Lara Croft got a biography, parents, a house and even a blood type. In addition they chose a young girl each year to be Lara. The real Lara Croft model. Till today there were 6 models in total. In 2004 the ex model Nell Mc Andrew posed for playboy. Playboy used the headline: Lara Croft nude. They weren’t allowed to use her name so Core Design sued the magazine and playboy had to chance all there covers into Nell Mc Andrew nude.

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 17:19
I think its brilliant and detailed at the moment, Dont forget to metion the movies! :D

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 17:21
I think its brilliant and detailed at the moment, Dont forget to metion the movies! :D

Thank you very much :) but I think I don't have the time to mention them because I am allowed to talk 5 mins. Not longer. But I'd like to say something about my personal attraction to her!

Any suggestions what I could say?

Chocola teapot
02-12-09, 17:24
About your personal atraction to her?
You could say that you adore her courage, attitude, strength and beauty..
And ellaborate on them, Like what about her is beautiful ect.

Shangri'La
02-12-09, 17:27
Or I could say something about the movies^^
For example: How special the movies are because they were because of the succes of the game. Not like Harry Potter! Game because of the film succes

Jedd Fletcher
03-12-09, 10:47
I don't think you should mention Nell McAndrew and her Playboy shoot if you don't have time. Don't spend too much time on the origins of the games, focus on the evolution. You can't do a presentation on Lara without mentioning the movies, and I strongly encourage you to talk about the reboot by Crystal Dynamics too. Here's are several sentences about the films:

In 2001, Tomb Raider made the leap to the big screen with Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, starring Oscar-winner Angelina Jolie in the title role. The film also featured Jolie's real-life father Jon Voight as Lord Richard Croft, and future James Bond Daniel Craig as rival and love interest Alex West. In the movie, Lara searches for the mystical Triangle of Light, a powerful ancient artifact. The film was successful enough to spawn a sequel, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life, which was released in 2003. In the film Lara searches for the legendary Pandora's box, racing against the evil scientist Jonathan Reiss who plans to use the box's contents as biological weapons.

I'm sure you can do all that and what you already have in five minutes!

Johnnay
03-12-09, 12:10
You could start by mentioning her worldwide success, her fame and her
iconic status! The most famous female game character of all! (She even has
guiness records.) Most successful movie adaptation of a game...
How well the games have done, ect.

Then Mention her humble origins in derby, How unusual it was to have a
female lead character, (they were going to have an Indiana jones esque
character but changed ther minds)

They released TR1 on Halloween of 1996, it hit number one and remained
there for months. subsequent success followed.

There are brilliant videos for gametap that explain it all, I'll find those for you. :)

You could use videos, If you are alowed.

There are alot of vids with awesome music and great scenes/ Pics.
Wrong
TR1 was released around mid November 1996 not October 1996

Los Angeles
04-12-09, 20:07

At the momeant I am working really hard on my presentation about Lara Croft. It'll count like a exam. I'd like to tell my teachers about her history and her "life". How she got famous and how she got "real" Now I please need you help as real Lara Croft fans and lovers. :)

Could you write me some scenteces in an easy english about her. How she got developed and so on. IT WOULD BE SO KIND =) Thank you sooo much! I love u xoxo :)

Thank youuuuu =)

Yours, Shangri'La

I also did a presentation about her. xD

tombraiderluka
04-12-09, 20:09
Thank you very much :) but I think I don't have the time to mention them because I am allowed to talk 5 mins. Not longer. But I'd like to say something about my personal attraction to her!

Any suggestions what I could say?
Well she can't tell you how you feel about Lara.. ;)

Chocola teapot
04-12-09, 20:16
Wrong
TR1 was released around mid November 1996 not October 1996

Epic Drama by one month.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-12-09, 10:36
oh wow this sounds great :ton:

good luck :) everyone has suggested great things - is it a powerpoint presentation?

pneboy
05-12-09, 11:14

Thank youuuuu =)

Yours, Shangri'La

arnt you supposed to be doing this, we arnt exactly sitting your exam now are we

Your_Envy*
05-12-09, 12:29
Epic Drama by one month.

O EM GEE you should be banned for making such a mistake! :eek: :tea:

Good luck! Please let us know how it went! :hug: And I don't have anything to add cause people already said everything. :D

Catracoth
05-12-09, 13:40
I'm not trying to sound rude or hostile toward the OP, but if this is your exam and you're getting graded on it, shouldn't you be doing it yourself? I mean, it's nice of our fellow forum members to help you, but this should be an individual assignment. It isn't fair to the other students that they didn't get help from one of the world's most popular forums.

Now on the other hand, if I was getting a percentage of your final grade to help improve my overall grades, then I'll all for it ;).