PDA

View Full Version : What does Friendship Mean to you on a Forum

Johnnay
04-12-09, 12:36
As the title says

I have made friends on this forum. I wouldn't trust another forum and I prefer this one

so how about you lot

discuss

( I hope this is just as succesful as Quasis other threads)

_Tomb_Raider
04-12-09, 12:38
Yeah I meet a lot of cool people here...:hug: the best forum in world with best people with huuuge heart...

LightningRider
04-12-09, 12:39
Well, this is sensible enough. I guess, when you're online, you suddenly become more... not you. You talk to people.

I have many people I consider my Friends, My Inspirations, and my Overall *****es :mis:. This Forum is Awesome, and one of the best.

Also, since I've joined, I've suddenly adapted that lifestyle of not being me, outside. Maybe I freed something with these people's help? Who knows.

Paddy
04-12-09, 12:40
Upside to having friends on forums, they dont know you in person to stab you in the back :p

Andyroo
04-12-09, 12:43
Haven't made any friends on this forum, only been on a few times really, but have on other forums.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
04-12-09, 12:51
They have to be willing to share their Chicken McNuggets (http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/15.gif) with me... Only then will I know I've found a true friend.

Carbonek_0051
04-12-09, 12:55
They have to be willing to split their Chicken McNuggets with me... Only then will I know I've found a true friend.

:vlol:

Friendship on a forum means quite a lot to me, this is the only forum where I actually feel connected to people. We all share a lot of the same interests and some of us even have different interests. But I have made friends with a lot of people even if we don't agree on everything, and that's what I love about the friendships I have here. I have made friends with so many different people from other parts of the world, all thanks to one interest we all have. Tomb Raider.:D

If that didn't make any sense, I apologize. I am running on no sleep.:p

Encore
04-12-09, 14:56
I like the forum because I'm more at ease to discuss things with other people. But I don't really made any friends, as in, people I actually socialize with outside the forum itself. I guess that in one way or another my "loner" personality ends up showing here as well.

So I can't really say what is true friendship on TRF. But I have one big friend that I mostly talk to online (not from here) and I can say that it's a very relaxed and honest friendship that I apreciate.

Lenochka
04-12-09, 14:59
Most forum friendships are just kind of blah for me. I care about them but if we stop talking for whatever reason I can't see myself being too upset over it.Though, with TRF its a little different. Sure the same thing applys to a lot of people here for me but there are a couple members who I have never met in person before, but have been better friends to me then people I see all the time. So yeah, I believe I have made a few lifelong friends here. :D

patriots88888
04-12-09, 15:04

Threads are born to die. :p

I like the forum because I'm more at ease to discuss things with other people. But I don't really made any friends, as in, people I actually socialize with outside the forum itself. I guess that in one way or another my "loner" personality ends up showing here as well.

So I can't really say what is true friendship on TRF. But I have one big friend that I mostly talk to online (not from here) and I can say that it's a very relaxed and honest friendship that I apreciate.

Is that what you want? Because it seems like you've been opening up a lot more recently. IDK, maybe I'm wrong and I'm just perceiving it that way. :o

Encore
04-12-09, 15:09
Threads are born to die. :p

Is that what you want? Because it seems like you've been opening up a lot more recently. IDK, maybe I'm wrong and I'm just perceiving it that way. :o

I have but that was mostly because I felt like I was being too whiney and *****y. :o I had some arguments with some members and I realized I could improve my way of posting so I did. It didn't really change my having "true" friends (I still don't) but at least I hope I'm not seen as a troll as much as I once was.

Paperdoll
04-12-09, 15:09
I wouldn't call you trollish, you were more a bit on the defensive side... just a weeeee bit too much :p

patriots88888
04-12-09, 15:13
I have but that was mostly because I felt like I was being too whiney and *****y. :o I had some arguments with some members and I realized I could improve my way of posting so I did. It didn't really change my having "true" friends (I still don't) but at least I hope I'm not seen as a troll as much as I once was.

I see, well to be honest and for what it's worth, I've never seen you as a troll. I've always considered you to be one of the most thoughtful, knowledgeable, and most respected members of this forum. :)

Encore
04-12-09, 15:35
Thanks guys! I really was a bit of a troll but this is all water under the bridge now ;)

Chocola teapot
04-12-09, 15:37
I Love it when people are nice or fabulous!! :D

Los Angeles
04-12-09, 15:43
Friendship on a forum means that people actually care about you and are mentioning you in several threads... :hug:

bloodstormaoa
04-12-09, 15:46
Not a lot anymore....

Reggie
04-12-09, 15:46
Friendship on a forum involves a lot of trust given the fact its an online friendship.
This is the only forum I go to because of the friendships I have here. :tmb:

digitizedboy
04-12-09, 16:04
to be honest, I try not to make "serious" friendships online because of disasters in the past. It's ok though to share thoughts, and express opinions and basically have a good laugh though. That's all I see in this forum.

Catapharact
04-12-09, 16:07
On a forum? Not much unfortunately. A forum is just a place of discussion which doesn't requires emotional attachment and IMO there shouldn't be personal energy invested in online communities on a deeper level.

If I find you interesting enough and trust you enough, I'll most likely add you in my friendship list or I'll see to it that we stay in touch outside of the forums.

SamReeves
04-12-09, 16:15
It means don't talk **** or do **** to your friend. Plain and simple.

Antonio
04-12-09, 16:35
That is reason why I'm here. If I'm not here for friendship I've be gone for long time ago. I always wanted to meet somebody who is the other side of world and even play games together.:D
Honestly I'm not really talking person and strong with words, but I know to be friendly. That is explanation why I not post so much on threads but I usually I can be almost every day on forum. The friendship is all what I got here.

tombraiderluka
04-12-09, 16:47
On a forum it doesn't mean anything. I met wonderful people at TRF who I talk to outside the forums a lot and I am thankful for them every day :hug: I wouldn't call anyone a friend or an enemie on a forum to group people, we're part of a community and I consider you all as my friends then, I'm not any different to any member from here. I am nice when someone else is nice, I'm rude when someone asks for it and it goes for everyone, even the people who I talk to outside the forums :)

tampi
04-12-09, 16:51
On a forum? Not much unfortunately. A forum is just a place of discussion which doesn't requires emotional attachment and IMO there shouldn't be personal energy invested in online communities on a deeper level.

If I find you interesting enough and trust you enough, I'll most likely add you in my friendship list or I'll see to it that we stay in touch outside of the forums.

Do all you see???:yik: I always wanted to be friend:cln: of Catapharact. But he is like a "BLACK HOLE"!!!!!! :yik::yik::ohn: http://i50.************/5ldrg1.jpg

:p
------

:o......For me it's doubly difficult for anyone to know my true self. First, because 80% of my posts are hard to understand.
Over the years I've been on the forum I have spoken with many members, I intimated some more than others, but soon I realized that no one (most people) want to have real ties in forum with other members.
Besides, I'm an "adult member", which makes things to be even more difficult.
I dunno, it's strange. Some members disappear, others appear ....:confused:

But I know there are good people here. That comforts me.:)

Catapharact
04-12-09, 17:04
Do all you see???:yik: I always wanted to be friend:cln: of Catapharact. But he is like a "BLACK HOLE"!!!!!! :yik::yik::ohn: http://i50.************/5ldrg1.jpg

Tsk, tsk Tampi... Drama drama ;).

Friendship request comming your way Lol!

interstellardave
04-12-09, 17:15
I come and go on this forum. My posts are not me, just a reflection of my views and values. That's all I have to offer, and all I expect from anyone else. True friendship is out of the question; I don't really know anyone on here... and no-one really knows me. I don't say that as my personal preference... it's reality for all of us.

We're ships passing at a distance signaling each other. It's not much more than that unless you meet in person outside the forums.

Now, I try to always be polite, helpful, and friendly. But those are actions, not a state of relationship.

Vinkula
04-12-09, 17:16
All my friends on forum are important to me!
I wanna be everyone's friend.
So you can send requests :D

Capt. Murphy
04-12-09, 17:17
Fruh.... Friend?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/DavesWorld56/HalloweenGifs/KarloffFrankensteinAvatar.gif

:D

Eh, I don't know. I think a friend (online, in forums, etc.) is someone you know you can trust - even though you've never met them IRL. And I haven't met anyone I've been acquainted with on the internet... Not yet anyway.

Edit: Vinkula. Your Signature gave me an idea. :-D

Yet, I don't see my signature. Maybe if I make another post somewhere. :-/

tampi
04-12-09, 17:38
Tsk, tsk Tampi... Drama drama ;).

Friendship request comming your way Lol!

http://i46.************/1gn6f9.jpg:cln::D

EDIT: All my friends on forum are important to me!
I wanna be everyone's friend.
So you can send requests :D

Sending. Take care with the moustache man!!!:D

But! looooooooooooooooool How is sending a friend's request??? :vlol:
aaaa I found the button now :d

Hyper_Crazy
04-12-09, 18:24
Well this is the only forum I'm actually on at the moment, and I don't even use this much. In the past yeah, I had a few friendships on here, but seeing as I'm never really on or posting much they've just kinda died. The thing is though like I couldn't really ever consider anyone on here to be a friend, so friendship on a forum means nothing to me. If I have something to say I'll post and say what I think or whatever, and that's it really, I'm not interested in friendship on here in anyway. :)

Changeling
04-12-09, 18:49
I don't have a lot of friends on this forum. I associate with people and talk to them, but nothing seems to go as far as friends... or what I'd think they'd consider friends. The only person I'd consider a friend is ThatNorskChick, mainly due to our late-night conversations about child-birth and food, but I wouldn't say she considers me as a friend, so meh. :p Mama Changeling just sticks to his knitting and minds his own business.

Lavinder
04-12-09, 18:52
Quite a lot actually - because my friendship turned in to an amazing nearly 3 years old relationship with the most loving man I have known.

:gki:

MiCkiZ88
04-12-09, 18:55
The very same with Lavinder. Except split the three years in to one and a half year with my love :)

scion05
04-12-09, 19:32
I've found three or four amazing friends on here who are just as important to me as the friends I have in reality. I love them so much, literally, they're all like family to me. :)

Although one of them hasn't been around lately... I wonder... hmmm.

Greenkey2
04-12-09, 19:37
^ We're still around... :hug: been wrestling with Brillig to get him to the vets for his depompomming ;) (he's still stumbling around after the anaesthetic, bless)

Personally, the forum is perfect for casual discussion (and the occasional heated debate!), and there is definitely a solid group of people I can always depend on for genuine friendship.

remote91
04-12-09, 19:41
Lol

tomblover
04-12-09, 19:43
They have to be willing to share their Chicken McNuggets (http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/15.gif) with me... Only then will I know I've found a true friend. <3

Meh, I can have a friendship with anyone I can be myself with. :) :hug:

Lavinder
04-12-09, 19:56
^ We're still around... :hug: been wrestling with Brillig to get him to the vets for his depompomming ;) (he's still stumbling around after the anaesthetic, bless)

Personally, the forum is perfect for casual discussion (and the occasional heated debate!), and there is definitely a solid group of people I can always depend on for genuine friendship.

Would be great to meet up again - you were lovely :D.

Kelly Craftman
04-12-09, 19:59
To have a laugh when ever you need it, cause they're is always going to be one arounf the corner in this place :tmb:

Alive_and_Funky
04-12-09, 20:56
When I joined here I never had the intention of making friends, but that's what ended up happening to me. Similar to scion05, I value them roughly as much as my friends in "real-life". Although I must admit that it is probably easier to know more about a person when you talk to them in person, I still just treat them as relationships in different environments.

Marianna12
04-12-09, 21:58
It means a lot actually! I've made some great friends here, I wish I could have such friends in real life too!:)

Johnnay
05-12-09, 05:17
TBH the ppl i talk to here are just as better as people who i know in real life. i just dont go on well with most people here( in real life) and i prefer on a computer chatting to someone:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-12-09, 05:37
I've made so many friends here. Some that don't post anymore due to getting busy with different things in their lives.

When I was younger, I stayed in touch with my TRF friends on MSN on a daily basis. But now I work six days a week and am very busy with other hobbies and goals I am trying to pursue. Because of that, I don't have time to keep in touch with all my TRF buddies like I used to. Having that said, a TRF friend for me is someone that I can trust and check up on when I have the time. I still consider myself close to a lot of people here, even though I don't have time to talk a lot. Just knowing that they care and have your back, that's true friendship. :)

Paddy
05-12-09, 05:43
I chat to some TRF friends on msn too, but not that many, if anyone else wants to, just add my msn :)

NemesisxAngelus
05-12-09, 07:17
How much of these "What does *this or that* mean to you on a forum?" threads do we need? http://i46.************/2w2lze9.gif

Ikas90
05-12-09, 07:30
I have met some truly amazing people in the three years that I've been here. They have been influential to me and have changed me as a person. It's scary to think about who I would have been today if it were not for the wonderful friends I met on this forum.

It may sound sad, but it's very true. The friends I've made here are VERY important to me, and are of no higher or lower importance than my real life friends (who I'm also very thankful to have). I intend to keep these friendships everlasting, just as I would with real life friends.

This is my home. My family. I know what I value the most.

You all know who you are. Love you all. :hug:

Angel666
05-12-09, 07:50
That's an interesting question. For me, I don't know if it's that big of a deal for me. I've met some great people here who I respect and like, but I wouldn't put them in the friend category. I don't know really know anything about them so how can I call them "friends?" :confused: :)

Paddy
05-12-09, 09:06
I have met some truly amazing people in the three years that I've been here. They have been influential to me and have changed me as a person. It's scary to think about who I would have been today if it were not for the wonderful friends I met on this forum.

It may sound sad, but it's very true. The friends I've made here are VERY important to me, and are of no higher or lower importance than my real life friends (who I'm also very thankful to have). I intend to keep these friendships everlasting, just as I would with real life friends.

This is my home. My family. I know what I value the most.

You all know who you are. Love you all. :hug:
Are you suggesting we are just imaginary :p :vlol:

Ikas90
05-12-09, 09:18
Are you suggesting we are just imaginary :p :vlol:

I see what you did there. :p

Be as imaginary as you like, but your mother will never be imaginary to me. http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/tard.png

Paddy
05-12-09, 09:19
I see what you did there. :p

Be as imaginary as you like, but your mother will never be imaginary to me. http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/tard.png

Im imaginary anyway :p Im like Drop Dead Fred :D

Admles
05-12-09, 09:23
A lot of my online friends mean a lot to me - just as much as my real friends do - but lately I'm noticing it tends to be a one-way street with a few.

BlackRainbow
05-12-09, 09:25
I've made so many friends through trf... not to mention my beautiful Ana. :hug:
I'm really grateful to these forums. <3

Your_Envy*
05-12-09, 10:16
I've made so many friends through trf... not to mention my beautiful Ana. :hug:
I'm really grateful to these forums. <3

I love you, Hanna! :hug: <3

Same for me.. I've made so many great friends over here, like Marianna, Irina, Debby, Matty, Jaro, Rae, Raquel, Ashley, Mylene, Saki, Nate ... I love them all so much and they mean a world to me. <3

Not to mention my greatest friend, Hanna. I am so grateful I've met her, we are such a good friends and I love her so much. So a friendship on the forum means a lot to me.

lara c. fan
05-12-09, 10:20
Friendship on a forum means that people actually care about you and are mentioning you in several threads... :hug:

I don't think i'm quite there yet then :vlol:

NemesisxAngelus
05-12-09, 12:06

Same for me.. I've made so many great friends over here, like Marianna, Irina, Debby, Matty, Jaro, Rae, Raquel, Ashley, Nate ... I love them all so much and they mean a world to me. <3

Not to mention my greatest friend, Hanna. I am so grateful I've met her, we are such a good friends and I love her so much. So a friendship on the forum means a lot to me.

How about me? :(

Ikas90
05-12-09, 12:09

And me! :eek: :(

Your_Envy*
05-12-09, 12:28

And me! :eek: :(

And you two, of course! :gki: <3 That's why I wrote those three full stops, cause there are more friends than I wrote over here, I am sorry. :hug:

Fixed. :hug:

Marianna12
05-12-09, 12:35

Same for me.. I've made so many great friends over here, like Marianna, Irina, Debby, Matty, Jaro, Rae, Raquel, Ashley, Mylene, Saki, Nate ... I love them all so much and they mean a world to me. <3

Awww thank you so much Ana!:hug: It means a lot!!!:gki:

Johnnay
05-12-09, 13:42

Wheres my name Sweetheart

Jack Croft
05-12-09, 14:02
If I can discuss with others what I find passionate about then it works, If people make me laugh by what they say or post that works to.

lara c. fan
05-12-09, 14:20
If I can discuss with others what I find passionate about then it works, If people make me laugh by what they say or post that works to.

*tries to think of funny line*
:tea:

Your_Envy*
05-12-09, 15:30
Wheres my name Sweetheart

Read my previous post. :p

lara c. fan
05-12-09, 19:26
and maybe mine :p
Joking :D ^

jackles
05-12-09, 19:55
Through my online chatting I have often met/spoken to some lovely people who I would consider friends and many more I like to talk to. In a sense I just consider it a way for me to communicate with people I would never have had a chance to speak to in 'real life'. When you enter the world of work/having kids etc your horizons can narrow alarmingly. I am a bit....well okay quite a lot phobic about using phones...I just go deaf when I speak on them..on here I can say what I mean ( yes I know there is an deplorable lack of punctuation and grammar sometimes but bear with me!) and edit to try and get the sense of what I want to say right. Perhaps that is why I prefer to use this medium to debate on! Though of course sometimes people still don't get what you are on about. ;)

Reggie
05-12-09, 20:07
Jackie, I think you're a pleasure to talk both online and offline and when we spoke, I thought you made all your points just as clearly. :hug: Just thought I'd say even if phones are slightly different. :)

CroftGameGirl
05-12-09, 20:48
Well... :whi:

I personally see this place as a great place to meet people I wouldn't in my everyday life, and I, personally, love making new friends, so this place hits the nail on the head. I meet people who are smart and I really learn from them, wether it be a casual post simply stating 'How are you', to an essay of a post describing something as factual as physics to something as revealing and possibly heart-warming as a personal opinion.

On the contrary, I meet hilarious people from around the globe, who make tears run down my face, hold my sides and can have me giggling for days.

Furthermore, there are people to help you with almost every problem you can think of, and are extremely kind to do so, because they take time and thought into helping you of their own accord.

I see this place as a second family to me, which revolves around friendship; nothing physical, which proves how strong friendship ties here can be :hug:

I'll probs write some more later :p

I hope that didn't drag on or make no sense :o

BlackRainbow
05-12-09, 20:55

Awwwww! <3 Yeah, I excluded the name part because I know everyone would go "WHERE'S ME?! D:"... therefore, I simply say - I love ALL of you.
Your sweet words make me blush like always, Ana! :o I love you so damn much, girl. :hug: :gki:

scion05
05-12-09, 21:50

Awwwww, I'm glad you're still around haha, when I've broken up from college ( next Wednesday ) I'll give you a phone-call :D Hope your holidays are going to be good. Oh, and you can give Brillig and evil muahahahaahahahah grin from me if you like :mis:

Would be great to meet up again - you were lovely :D.

You try living with her for a week, you wouldn't be saying that then. :pi:

No I'm kidding, Jenni and Vicky are both lovely and they're greet to meet up with and stay with for a few days. Absolute riot :D

MattTR
05-12-09, 23:20
Friendship means those who you talk to on a daily or even weekly basis, and are closed and have a special bond or attachment in a way. You can trust them and tell them close to everything, well I said close to everything.. :ton:

rowanlim
06-12-09, 15:22
Friendship on a forum means having someone there I can always talk to, about many things that affect me & him/her, being able to confide in him/her, being able to support him/her & sharing our life experiences. I'd say I've made some amazing friends on this forum & I definitely hope to make more :)

LaraCablara
06-12-09, 15:31
Don't care about it :wve:

Andyroo
06-12-09, 15:32
The funny thing about forum-friends, is that you could be really good friends with someone that you would never even talk to 'in the real world'. If you know what I mean.

lara c. fan
06-12-09, 19:09
The funny thing about forum-friends, is that you could be really good friends with someone that you would never even talk to 'in the real world'. If you know what I mean.

Yeah it is wierd :p
Although I don't really talk to many people here...

tonyme
06-12-09, 19:11
Some of my forum friends are my best BEST friends.

Chocola teapot
06-12-09, 21:40
When People stop IGNORING YOU! :mad:

Mai
06-12-09, 22:20
Doesn't mean much to me.
When I was younger it meant alot, and making friends online is fun, but they can't really ever be there for you like real-life friends are.

Legends
06-12-09, 23:54
Friendship means trust and respect, regardless.