PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Houston!

Dennis's Mom
04-12-09, 17:26
It doesn't happen very often, but today is our "lucky" day:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/snow.jpg
Yeah, I know it doesn't look like much. If I were still in Alaska, I wouldn't be super impressed either. :p But it's enough to get early dismissal for the kids from school, and that, as every Texan knows, is snow's One Great Purpose. :D

And it's still coming down! :jmp:

Capt. Murphy
04-12-09, 17:35
I'm north east'ish of you. It was the coldest it's been for the first time this year. I think the low was 17 degrees (F), but the skies are clear. And we had our first 'snow' sometime last week. Or it was some kind of fine frozen rain. Not really snow flakes and not really sleet.

I really should get my passive solar heater set up and outside to soak up some heat - that I can hopefully get into my house for a little extra (free energy) warmth. :)

Edit: If it gets cold enough - you've got your very own ice skating rink right in your own back yard. ;-P

Vinkula
04-12-09, 17:36
Here, In Finland is not snow... Well in Lapland is but.. That's different.
Here in southern Finland, water. No snow...

tampi
04-12-09, 17:46
Lucky you!!!:)
White christmas :D

Here the cold has started three days ago. But we are very far from the cold necessary to snow.:p

patriots88888
04-12-09, 17:47
It doesn't happen very often, but today is our "lucky" day:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/snow.jpg
Yeah, I know it doesn't look like much. If I were still in Alaska, I wouldn't be super impressed either. :p But it's enough to get early dismissal for the kids from school, and that, as every Texan knows, is snow's One Great Purpose. :D

And it's still coming down! :jmp:

Early dismissal for that? :vlol: Sounds like the Friday bug bit them rather than any real concern about the weather. Gotta love the admins and decision makers. They'll use any excuse and are just as much anxious to get out early as the kids are. :p

interstellardave
04-12-09, 17:48
Kids got out early for that!?! LOL!!!

Sgt BOMBULOUS
04-12-09, 17:49
Yeah my office closed early...

tombraiderluka
04-12-09, 18:40
Lucky you you have a pool :(

Dennis's Mom
04-12-09, 19:13
Early dismissal for that? :vlol: Sounds like the Friday bug bit them rather than any real concern about the weather. Gotta love the admins and decision makers. They'll use any excuse and are just as much anxious to get out early as the kids are. :p

Since the snow melts once it hits the pavement, once the air gets colder it could freeze on the streets. So they don't want the buses out in possibly dangerous roads. Texans cannot drive in it. No chains/studs, lots of rear wheel drive. It ain't pretty. :p

Now me, I've still got 4-wheel drive from Alaska. :D

Tombraiderluka, the pool is nice. It was a bribe to make the kids want to move from Alaska. Now the novelty's worn off, but it still must be maintained. Guess who gets to do that? *shrugs*

It mostly gets used by Ringo, our lab. Here he is fetching a duck decoy from the pool.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/japan004.jpg He throws himself toys into the water and fetches them out.

takamotosan
04-12-09, 19:56
This is the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Y'all have no idea how excited I am :jmp:

Squibbly
04-12-09, 21:08

I just thought the same thing. :vlol:

Snow in Houston? We don't even have snow up here in Canada yet! :p

Marianna12
04-12-09, 22:50
Lucky you! (for both, the pool and the snow)
I bet it won't snow this year here...:(

miss.haggard
04-12-09, 22:58
*is jealous* It seems to be snowing everywhere around us, but is skipping over little Woodward :(

I know right? But you best believe that (at least the Oklahomans Ive observed) have no idea how to drive in snow! I think its a good thing to keep them off the roads :p

LightningRider
04-12-09, 23:00
Darn us for being in the Tropical Zone! :p

larafan25
04-12-09, 23:08
cute doggy:p

we haven't had snow yet here.

in ontario...which is in canada O.O

wheres my snow!!:O

sephiroth99
05-12-09, 03:30
Hey, the snow can come whenever it wants. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have enough of it it in March!

CandicoTT
05-12-09, 03:50
I hope I have snow soon here in Canada it's been non-stop raining all the time. Talk about suckish weather. Anyway your lucky to have snow already it looks nice in the pic :)

WSOwen02
05-12-09, 05:16
Snowed here in College Station too. Didn't stick but we got some.

Ikas90
05-12-09, 05:18
I love snow. I want some. :cln:

Too bad we never, ever get it here.

LegendLost
05-12-09, 05:40
I'm in New Jersey... I barely needed a jacket today, and the other day it was 64 out. Whats going on. haha.