PDA

View Full Version : Your fave TRL Level?

LarasClone
04-12-09, 23:47
Mines Japan :D

Zebra
04-12-09, 23:49
I liked Kazakhstan the most. It was the level with the most atmosphere IMO.

Phlip
05-12-09, 00:01
England with no music or voices.

larafan25
05-12-09, 00:06

I agree.

I wish there was a full game based around king arthur and seperating myth from fact.

I would love to be sent on a mystical advanture searching for king arthur tombs and trying to find where it all leads and it all ends up being not so mystical but just...real world explanations:)

o0Crofty0o
05-12-09, 00:10
Kasachsan yoooooo!
That was the best!!!

All the guys you can shoot there :mis:

Paddy
05-12-09, 00:23
England I loved, Nepal I found great too.

Tony9595
05-12-09, 01:18
Nepal could have been a much better and longer level, but as it is, I like it :)
I also like Japan, even though it has nothing to do with Tomb Raider, but hey! The whole game has nothing to do with Tomb Raider :vlol:

Rai
05-12-09, 01:35
Ghana an Nepal. These felt the most Tomb Raider to me and the environments were lovely.

Shoukeir
05-12-09, 02:20
Mines Japan :D

Yes, Tokio was amazing!!! So beautiful interiors... and the "action" part was great too.
I also love England because of "real TR" atmosphere :p

mudkip25
05-12-09, 03:37
"real TR" atmosphere :p

Really? Just noticed there was no actual tomb in england. Lara says she found a cenotaph.

larafan25
05-12-09, 04:26
^ya but it still has the tomb essence to it:)

the fakeness of the upper buiding made the bottom catacombs so exciting for me:)

Andyroo
05-12-09, 04:31
I like England the best. Most the other levels just seem like shoot'em ups. But England's actually, what Tomb Raider should be all about.

gabrielorie
05-12-09, 07:06
for me kazakhstan and japan were the best but were way too short:(.

Shoukeir
05-12-09, 07:48
Really? Just noticed there was no actual tomb in england. Lara says she found a cenotaph.

Really.
It's not about the tomb itself, it's about the atmosphere.

Suzan
05-12-09, 09:08
I've always liked Nepal, I guess it's just so pretty. But all the levels are kind of... lame in the end.

tomee
05-12-09, 09:13
japan *he loves lara in an evening dress <3 * :D

LCFan123
05-12-09, 10:05
Mine is Bolivia. I loved it. Especially the beginning *-*
With the waterfall <3

xXhayleyroxXx
05-12-09, 10:29
England :)

I loved the atmosphere and tomb-feel to it. Also I'm very familiar with the King Arthur story, being British myself.

I loved the storyline to this level and the whole-backtracking thing.

Also the fork-lift rocked :cln:

oh and lara in biker gear :jmp:

HappyShannon
07-12-09, 16:31
Peru or Kazakhstan :)
I love the flashback in Peru, and I just love everything about Kazakhstan! :D

Vinkula
07-12-09, 17:50
I liked Kazakhstan the most. It was the level with the most atmosphere IMO.

I agree!

almayah
08-12-09, 12:52
England yaiii

CelticGuard
08-12-09, 15:41
Nepal! just loved the environments... especially the ice caves in Next Gen... Bolivia was good too..

tranniversary119
08-12-09, 16:46
Ghana or Japan :)

Cristina
08-12-09, 16:54
Ghana,Peru,England and Nepal in this order :)
ITS SCREAMS TOMB RAIDER! :D

Changeling
08-12-09, 17:22
I absolutely love Nepal. :D The first section when you're outside is my favourite, the music was great and I really did feel lost and isolated in the environment.

Love2Raid
08-12-09, 19:12
England. It had this creepy atmosphere, which would have been better if there actually was something to creep me out, but it felt like a Tomb Raider level. Beneath the Ashes in TRU is a superior version of England. Nessie was a great boss. :) I liked Ghana as well, but it was too straight forward, no surprises like in England.

The best action-level is Kazachstan, except for that horrid bike section.

TheCroftKnight
09-12-09, 17:55
My fav TRL Legend level is Peru. I liked the whole bike ride and the background music and shooting while riding. Also i got to practice Lara's killer moves. I love the move in slow motion. I can do that quite well. And i like the chaotic scene. So Lara Chic! :D

TheCroftKnight
09-12-09, 17:59
Hey tranniversary119, r u from Bon Temp? Isn't tat from True Blood or is tat actually a real place?

LarasClone
09-12-09, 18:04
My fav TRL Legend level is Peru. I liked the whole bike ride and the background music and shooting while riding. Also i got to practice Lara's killer moves. I love the move in slow motion. I can do that quite well. And i like the chaotic scene. So Lara Chic! :D

Intresting! and Welcome to the Forums :wve:

TheCroftKnight
10-12-09, 08:19
Intresting! and Welcome to the Forums :wve:

Hey thx a lot u r the 1st to make me feel welcome here. Anyways enjoy :D

shadow_fire
10-12-09, 09:23
Oh I love Peru and Nepal the best, And Kazakstan is pretty good, but I hand get so sore holding that button down for so long jaja

Oh and Ghanda is simply gawjus!!!
I always forget about the england level for some reason

Drone
10-12-09, 09:27
Ghana for me. It was only level with interesting places, fine level design and tombs.

TombRaiderCool
10-12-09, 10:07
I don't have a favourite level, there were parts and such from various levels that I thought were great some Levels do stand out though:
Ghana, The look of that first section in Ghana, it was pretty amazing! I just wish I could do more there than standing there looking around the place seeing how great it looked the first time you played it and then swan dive off the waterfall, it would have been great if you could have taken an alternate route back up to the top once you defeat Rultand.

Nepal, It was another very good "Tomb Raider" level, shame it was still a bit short in length. The atmosphere was fantastic throughout and it did remind me of the days playing TRII at Hannah's (Origonal's) house! :D

Japan, not close to a classic level but I still loved most of it, scaling the buildings outside was enjoyable and pretty different, the major drawbacks were again the level length and the fact that this level looked more expansive and interesting in the early trailer, that early bike scene looked superb! But who really knows. IMO great level none the less.

Jove
10-12-09, 23:00
I don't have a favourite level, there were parts and such from various levels that I thought were great some Levels do stand out though:
Ghana, The look of that first section in Ghana, it was pretty amazing! I just wish I could do more there than standing there looking around the place seeing how great it looked the first time you played it and then swan dive off the waterfall, it would have been great if you could have taken an alternate route back up to the top once you defeat Rultand.

Nepal, It was another very good "Tomb Raider" level, shame it was still a bit short in length. The atmosphere was fantastic throughout and it did remind me of the days playing TRII at Hannah's (Origonal's) house! :D

Japan, not close to a classic level but I still loved most of it, scaling the buildings outside was enjoyable and pretty different, the major drawbacks were again the level length and the fact that this level looked more expansive and interesting in the early trailer, that early bike scene looked superb! But who really knows. IMO great level none the less.

Pretty good levels. Japan was so good it kept giving me vertigo. I also love that kind of traveling/platforming where you can look out and see other parts of the path. The great model of the city, especially the billboards and using the segmented billboard to climb up, was great.

For Ghana, there's a trick. Once Lara's been chased by the boulder there's an alternate path up from the water. So you can jump and dive from the various points outside, then climb back up more easily. I plan to try that next time.

There's another trick when freeing the water. When the box drops from the rotating platform, it gives access to a path right back up to there. So if Lara falls she doesn't have to go all the way around the level to return.

Tough to choose against Nepal, too. Icicles, shooting paths through, floating iceberg path, snow leopards, even the balance scale puzzle. Love the look of the outdoors areas, too. And, of course, Excalibur at the end, with an exciting exit path to boot.

tomb_raider_roks
11-12-09, 01:16
there are so many cool locations in legend

Nepal

and England: the king Arthur museum

TRGamer8
14-12-09, 15:11
My favoureite levels in TRL are - Ghana, Peru, and Nepal :jmp::D

almayah
23-12-09, 17:58
I'd have to go with King Arthurs tomb, clearly the best level, reminded me of old TR, tombs on every step:)

TR luver7
30-12-09, 20:35
Kazakhstan & peru :) & i just liked the motorcycle in the japan levels

TheBloodRed
30-12-09, 20:41
Nepal. SO PRETTY!!!!! @_@

AmericanAssassin
30-12-09, 21:10
It changes regularly. I've played Nepal the most, but I also like England and Kazakhstan. :)

Love2Raid
30-12-09, 21:44
I forgot to mention the flashback part from Peru, that was really great. :tmb:

[Sascha]
30-12-09, 22:03
I love Nepal:D

trfanX34
30-12-09, 22:10
I like Japan the most, but Kazakhstan was also good.
I didn't like england, I just think its repetitive...

rowanlim
31-12-09, 02:27
I'd say Ghana, the environment is beautiful & it feels very TR-ish :D

lara c. fan
31-12-09, 09:35
Mine's I think Bolivia.

Only level I played :p

RAID
31-12-09, 09:42
This

LightningRider
31-12-09, 10:04
Start off with England's Museum and Stairway to Hell, Put Kazakhstan's Electro Puzzle, Add in a couple of more Ghana traps, and finish it off with Nepal's final area, throw in the Backtracking to the start, and we have a good level!

Okay, I'll say England. :p

Los Angeles
31-12-09, 13:18
Nepal or Japan.

AlexStark7
31-12-09, 16:06
Japan. After that level, I just want to stop playing x3

Tony9595
31-12-09, 16:10
Now that I was able to play Legend with Next Gen graphics on, I think that one of the best experiences in the game was Japan. It looks so damn good with those graphics :D

robm_2007
31-12-09, 17:25
my favorite level was Ghana.