PDA

View Full Version : How my Date Went

Ryu-Gi
05-12-09, 00:06
I made a thread a little while back where I was freaking out about going on my first date ever, just posting what happened now that it's over...

My friend who paired us up basically took us the Japan Town, where we had lunch and visited all of my friend's usual haunts.

I gotta say I do like her. She's kinda fun, although I admit I was intimidated by her, mostly because she kept asking "Have you seen this anime or this one?" And unfortunatly, although I have a definite appreciation for the style, I have not seen that much at all...so I was kinda lost most of the time shes tarted talking about that.

We did talk about Team Fortress 2, though, so I was able to level with her there. She's apprenetley only been playing since September, but before that she's also played Half-Life.

In terms of attractiveness I'd say she's modest.

We talked a lot, laughed a lot, too.

When it was all over I got her number and her Steam ID as well, so I might be able to play against her in TF2 sometime.

I think the high point was making her laugh. I made a joke about the "Beast Wars" transformers series about the awkwardness of Megatron having a head for a hand that nearly floored her.

It wasn't exactly world-changing for me, but it was still a nice experience just hanging out and talking.

tombraiderluka
05-12-09, 00:09
Well I'm glad it went well although i don't see what's the joke there, but i guess it's only meant for her :mis: :tmb:

Catapharact
05-12-09, 00:12
... Beast Wars? Team Fortress 2?

Not exactly my idea of a date type experience but who am I to judge. Well you seem... satisfied with the experience and I hope she had fun.

A more personal question:

You don't seem all that interested in this person. What is your opinion on blind dates?

larafan25
05-12-09, 00:18

Not exactly my idea of a date type experience but who am I to judge. Well you seem... satisfied with the experience and I hope she had fun.

You don't seem all that interested in this person. What is your opinion on blind dates?

others have interests that may not be the same as yours, if his friend knew they had these things in common it would only be wise to discuss them, aswell it is great to let them know what you like and who you are instead of trying to be someones definition of cool:)

anyways, sounds like the date went great:)

if you are still unsure on whether you want to keep it just a friendship or move further you could hangout again:)

maybe do some stuff you both have in common:)

LightningRider
05-12-09, 00:22
So she's an otaku then? XD

That's cool for you, wish you the best of luck with her. :)

miss.haggard
05-12-09, 00:37
Cute! Glad you got over that first hump (no pun intended) Things will be alot easier from here on out! Congrats!

Lol, my first "date" was in a match of Halo 2. Hows THAT for unconventional!?

larafan25
05-12-09, 02:09
Cute! Glad you got over that first hump (no pun intended) Things will be alot easier from here on out! Congrats!

cute:p

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-12-09, 03:50

That's my type of date :D

xXhayleyroxXx
05-12-09, 09:21
she seems like more of a friend than date material. Why not try getting to know her more and seeing where that goes?

Eleana
05-12-09, 09:43
You seem pleased that you were able to make her laugh, but reading the majority of your post, it sounds like there is little "chemistry" there.

Fanatical Otaku's are mostly outright awkward to talk to, so I sympathise with you there. If you feel it went well enough, I suggest getting to know her a little better. If she doesn't float your boat, wait until someone better suited for you comes along.

I always find dates uncomfortable, and conversation often forced, but you seem to of handled it well! :hug:

Lavinder
05-12-09, 10:10
In terms of attractiveness I'd say she's modest.

:vlol:

It seems she is interested in these things - good way of breaking the ice is talking about your hobbies. :)

I have to agree that he does not seem interested in her at all, but you never know their friendship may blossom, and when they get to know each other a bit more they might start to enjoy each others company more.

lara c. fan
05-12-09, 10:22
:vlol:

good way of breaking the ice is talking about your hobbies. :)

Although I've never been on a date :pi: I agree with tht :)

Catapharact
05-12-09, 15:01
It seems she is interested in these things - good way of breaking the ice is talking about your hobbies. :)

I have to agree that he does not seem interested in her at all, but you never know their friendship may blossom, and when they get to know each other a bit more they might start to enjoy each others company more.

Hence why I personally don't like blind dates. I really like to know a few things about the person before hand so I can plan out a basic modus oprendi for the evening ;).

I totally believe in the wow factor when it comes to dates. I am not some friend she is hanging around with so why settle for an experience that can easily have by hanging around with her best friends? IMO you have to top that experience. You aren't going to replace the best friends in her life and neither should you aim to but you have to show her that you are something more then just another random buddy. Be yourself offcourse, but be creative about what you are going to do for the evening. If she is a Otaku person, I would have researched before hand if there was a local expo going, or get her an anime themed gift... The sky is the limit.

Though I personally like the semi-formal setting for dates. I can't count as to the sheer satisfaction I have felt just to spend a nice evening with my love in a nice relaxed formal environment with an amazing setting.