Catracoth
06-12-09, 06:38
I see.

LightningRider
06-12-09, 06:45
Lovely. :)

Laralissa
06-12-09, 09:49
Great song... but you could have been a little more specific on what this thread is meant to be about :p

TombRaiderLover
06-12-09, 13:56
A Joy Division thread! :tmb:

I read in Touching From A Distance of how Deborah approached Ian about the meaning of these lyrics and he wouldn't tell her. Shame so many were blind about what he was writing, and only really paid attention once he was gone.

IsT_PvMR4j4

Encore
06-12-09, 14:05
Yeah I guess this could serve as a general JD thread?

Anyway their lyrics were amazing. :tmb:

Laralissa
06-12-09, 14:30
Very well then :p

My favourite song of theirs is deffinitely 'Dead Souls' - not only is the original brilliant, but it lead to Nine Inch Nails cover which is also amazing. And in 'The Crow' so thats just awesome :D Has anyone seen the movie '24 Hour Party People?' - it tells the story of the rise of this genre of music in Manchester, including Joy Devision - its rather deppressing seeing how Ian Curtis died and so on but great nontheless.

I Need A Map
06-12-09, 15:07
A Joy Division thread! :tmb:

Shame so many were blind about what he was writing, and only really paid attention once he was gone.

Isnt it always the way .Its a sign he was a true artist.
Very well then :p

Has anyone seen the movie '24 Hour Party People?' - it tells the story of the rise of this genre of music in Manchester, including Joy Devision - its rather deppressing seeing how Ian Curtis died and so on but great nontheless.

I love 24hour party people, it was a great film... Depressing in bits but funny as heck in others!
zGA6rmsnDkQ

You cant beat "Love will tear us apart"
3Ii8m1jgn_M

Solice
06-12-09, 20:46
The first JD song I heard was She Lost Control. I was amazed and had to buy all there music. It's very dark and brooding music, with lyrics so poetic, without being kitsch like so many 'goth' bands that followed.

ZGMDBppWBOo

TombRaiderLover
06-12-09, 21:01
The album version of She's Lost Control is a masterpiece. :tmb: The first song of theirs I heard was Love Will Tear Us Apart in a scene in Donnie Darko, but it was She's Lost Control that really had me hooked and I began listening to Unknown Pleasures and Closer.

I'm getting the Heart and Soul boxset for Christmas, which I'm very excited about, aswell as the Torn Apart biography.