PDA

View Full Version : New to Legend

snoopyeab
07-12-09, 12:55
Hi all, just bought Legend and installed it. Works OK.
But I'm totally new to the controls. It already starts when Lara has to pick up something. How should she do that??? I tried E for interact but nothing happens.
Sorry if this may sound stupid but I really have no clue.

Assassin13
08-12-09, 08:14
Try checking your control settings...

almayah
08-12-09, 11:50
yeah i agree

snoopyeab
08-12-09, 12:33
Well, that's ofcourse the first thing I did. I changed them but no result.
Thanks for the replies. I'll try a little longer and if still no luck, i'll post in tech support.

zycro
08-12-09, 22:44
Hi, well, Iīm new to Legend and Anniversary as well. I sweared one day through completely, trying to get used to the controls (and the mouse!). The last TR I played was The Last Revelation and that was years ago and now this :).
Sometimes this E didnīt work for me either, the thing is: you have to run around the objects (and through them) and keep trying, itīs really stupid :confused:.

snoopyeab
09-12-09, 10:50
Well, it works. The reason I thought it didn't was that I first went to the manor, and thought I was facing a pickup.
After that I started the game itself. Phew... that takes a lot of getting used to, having played only TR1 thru AOD. But I'll manage now, that's part of the game. However with these controls I don't think I'll ever join a speed contest for Legend.

Mytly
09-12-09, 12:58
It depends on what you're trying to pick up. Lara can carry only a limited amount of medipacks, weapons and ammo, so once you pass that limit, you can press E till your fingers turn blue, but she won't pick up anything. ;) In any case, there's no need to pick up medipacks or ammo, since Lara "absorbs" them automatically if she hasn't reached the limit.

For the rewards (there's no limit to how many of those Lara can pick up, btw), make sure Lara is facing them squarely, and she'll pick them up when you press E.

almayah
21-01-10, 15:40
Sorry if i'm bumping, but yuo can take rewards with grapple :P

gremlinta
21-01-10, 16:35
Sorry if i'm bumping, but yuo can take rewards with grapple :P

Yes, you have to use precision aim to do it. The "Z" key I think.

gabrielorie
21-01-10, 18:16
Yes, you have to use precision aim to do it. The "Z" key I think.

no you don't,you just have to press it and it will automaticaly pick it up:).

aussie500
22-01-10, 10:24
no you don't,you just have to press it and it will automaticaly pick it up:).

Gremlinta was refering to getting a reward with the grapple like you have to do several times in England, no pressing E will not achieve anything if you want Lara to grapple a reward no where near where she can pick it up.

And for those new to Legend, yes you will eventually get used to the controls, but if too impatient a gamepad for the PC is a good investment.