PDA

View Full Version : Its not fair

shadow_fire
08-12-09, 08:57
How come with the sword we dont get any extra magical powers?
When Takamoto and the other guy (i cant remeber his name at this very moment) use their fragments they get like sepcial powers from it.
Like Rutland (just rememberd) gets to regenerate his health, and they can jump extra high and run faster.
Howcome when we have the whole sword we cant do that? like it should be more powerful combined and all we can do is shoot green stuff just like Takamoto....its not fair

aussie500
08-12-09, 09:40
What makes you think Rutland got any special healing powers from the sword fragment? The entire point of destroying the platforms in Ghana was so Lara could defeat him, it was more likely the platforms that were healing him. No reason for the sword fragment to do anything but shoot green stuff and work with the dais's.

shadow_fire
08-12-09, 10:22
his health regenerated completely...to me it was the sword not the platforms that regenerated his health, im sure of it. he jumped up there where lara couldnt get him, glowed green and bam, up goes his health!

Rai
08-12-09, 10:59
I thought it was a combination. Why else destroy the crystals on the platforms? I have no idea why the sword and the platforms would be linked. It did seem that Rutland used the platforms to get out of reach of Lara and use the sword fragment what with the green glow but on the other hand, if the sword alone could heal him, he wouldn't need the platforms at all.

LightningRider
08-12-09, 11:20
I also wanted to fly. I mean, Rutland Floated to the Platforms? HELLO?! :mad:

Rai
08-12-09, 11:27
Yeah there was that. As could Takamoto. That was definitely the sword.

almayah
08-12-09, 11:28
I don't know, maybe they used some kind of spell to make it work Oo:tea:

shadow_fire
08-12-09, 22:05
I thought it was a combination. Why else destroy the crystals on the platforms? I have no idea why the sword and the platforms would be linked. It did seem that Rutland used the platforms to get out of reach of Lara and use the sword fragment what with the green glow but on the other hand, if the sword alone could heal him, he wouldn't need the platforms at all.

I thought It would take time to heal ones self, so he leaped onto the platforms out of reeach...no more platforms, no time to heal :p

maybe its coz they had more time with the artifects??

but then Lara is a brainy girl, surely she would have figured it out on her flight from napal to bolivia

jajay119
08-12-09, 23:16
Maybe its because Lara is just hard enough to defeat them without the use of levitating or anything like that. Although it did always bother me that it didn't do anything much for Lara when it did for the others

Rai
08-12-09, 23:33
If you think about, Lara could be hit by the fragments and not die, she had to be hit at least a few times. And yet when Lara used the sword, anyone in it's line of fire got killed instantly, so the fire power was definitely stronger it seems.

larafan25
09-12-09, 01:00
flying would have been too awkward to do, therefor we eliminated everything:D

we still got the extra powers of the sword and it had better firepower as said above:)

shadow_fire
09-12-09, 07:40
hmm, but stronger fire power isnt as kwel as flying and...regenerating ones health!

LarasClone
09-12-09, 09:09
Probaly, they done that with the bosses, to make it harder. Yeah and its kinda strange they dont do it with lara. :hea:

CelticGuard
09-12-09, 09:17
Lara doesnt want to misuse the power of the sword...?

Ilie_Fusarau
09-12-09, 10:04
If you think about, Lara could be hit by the fragments and not die, she had to be hit at least a few times. And yet when Lara used the sword, anyone in it's line of fire got killed instantly, so the fire power was definitely stronger it seems.
That is because Takamoto and Rutland only used fragments of the sword , and not the whole sword like Lara did.

almayah
23-12-09, 17:06
Maybe Lara did have 'em, but didn't want to use them, but they could come inhandy fighting with Amanda hybrid