PDA

View Full Version : How to get over a stupid mistake

Laurencarter
08-12-09, 16:48
hey guys, so today I was driving and I took a turn too fast. And I went into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily there were no cars in that lane but I feel really bad about it and can't stop thinking about what would have happened if there was a car there.

How can I get over the guilt because it is killing me?

tonyme
08-12-09, 16:50
It happens, really. Sometimes in life you gotta do these sorts of things to make sure you don't do them again next time

Laralissa
08-12-09, 16:53
Mistakes happen, nothing you can really do but learn from them. Just try to be more careful in the future, but dont beat yourself up over it - like you said, just be glad it happened when the lane was empty or else you'd actually have a problem.

Laurencarter
08-12-09, 18:11
thanks guys I feel a lot better now. I am going to drive more carefully and concentrate on not making the mistake again.

Thank you guys for listening, I do appreciate it.

lara c. fan
08-12-09, 19:12
:hug:

Antonio
08-12-09, 19:31
Sometimes I'm worry when I make a little mistake. The important thing is that you didn't made any damage so the only way to get over with is don't think too much about it or think something nice and find something what you like to do, like me play video game.:D If not well last and it always works is a time.

If you thinking about place a clock on your head, well go next to mirror and make a joke "Well they say time heals".:p I hope I cheer you up.:D

Dennis's Mom
08-12-09, 19:32
Pencils come with erasers because everyone makes mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. Count your blessings and learn from the mistake.

moodydog
08-12-09, 19:37
once when iw as on holiday, i absentmidedly pushed into a queue of 8 people into a lift. I didnt realise what i did, but god did they make the next 15 seconds of my life as scary as hell in that lift! (they WERE a bunch of 40 year rough old chavs too) :o I was honeslty soo scared to even see them for the next week of the holiday, or get into a lift. :( I felt soo wounded by it.. i nearly had to throw up.
Completely ruined the holiday (but i was happy it was on that holiday, coz the entire holiday was bad)

Cochrane
08-12-09, 19:43
Just actively watch out for what went wrong here (in this case, too fast) the next time you're out driving. We all make mistakes like that. My worst: Pulling over to overtake a truck, and realizing that another car was already in the lane next to me only when that started to honk loudly. Nothing happened, but it did take me quite a while to calm down after that. I pay way more attention to my mirrors and side windows now. So, the best way to get over it is to actively learn from it.

CroftGameGirl
08-12-09, 20:20
Learn from it, I'd say :tmb:

aktrekker
09-12-09, 00:03
I did that once. I was really tired, almost a zombie.
Make sure you get enough sleep. Remember, doctors now say at least 7 hours, and 8 hours is better. Not enough sleep affects your health. And you can't make it up later.

Also, DO NOT use your cell phone, etc while driving. Don't adjust the radio. Don't eat (well, maybe a burrito or something easy to handle). I once saw a woman trying to drive down a busy street balancing a bowl of cereal and milk on the steering wheel :yik:

Basically, don't let things distract you. Driving can be dangerous, it requires your attention.

knightgames
09-12-09, 01:03
Make sure you get enough sleep. Remember, doctors now say at least 7 hours, and 8 hours is better. Not enough sleep affects your health. And you can't make it up later.

Also, DO NOT use your cell phone, etc while driving. Don't adjust the radio. Don't eat (well, maybe a burrito or something easy to handle). I once saw a woman trying to drive down a busy street balancing a bowl of cereal and milk on the steering wheel :yik:

Basically, don't let things distract you. Driving can be dangerous, it requires your attention.

I saw that lady. She had to stop short and spilled Capn' Crunch all over herself. I was behind her and had to slam on my brakes. Dang lady made me cut myself shaving.

To the OP? What did you learn? As long as you learned from the experience it is not in vane, and is no reason to beat yourself up. They are called mistakes for a reason. Get back on that horse with the newly gained experience. Believe it or not, you are now a better driver if you always remember the lesson garnered today.

Now go out and have fun with your friends and don't beat yourself up over this.

Laurencarter
09-12-09, 03:42
I saw that lady. She had to stop short and spilled Capn' Crunch all over herself. I was behind her and had to slam on my brakes. Dang lady made me cut myself shaving.

To the OP? What did you learn? As long as you learned from the experience it is not in vane, and is no reason to beat yourself up. They are called mistakes for a reason. Get back on that horse with the newly gained experience. Believe it or not, you are now a better driver if you always remember the lesson garnered today.

haha that is pretty amusing

Thanks for cheering me up guys.

Paddy
09-12-09, 03:44
hey guys, so today I was driving and I took a turn too fast. And I went into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily there were no cars in that lane but I feel really bad about it and can't stop thinking about what would have happened if there was a car there.

How can I get over the guilt because it is killing me?

Its easy to think of the 'what ifs' but its better if you think of the 'what is'.
That is you didnt find an oncoming car :p
Hope that made sense :o :hug:

Johnnay
09-12-09, 03:46

you 2 live in the same area
also dont drink and drive....... simple

Ikas90
09-12-09, 03:48
You're lucky! Take the opportunity to learn and drive more carefully from now on (I should speak for myself too, lol).

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-12-09, 04:08
I've done the same thing before. I'm sure all of us have done stupid things while driving before. It's a good learning experience. Don't feel bad, we've all been there. :hug:

Solice
09-12-09, 04:37
"How to get over a stupid mistake"

Run and get a divorce :jmp:

Andyroo
09-12-09, 04:42
A friend of mine did the same thing, turned too early and too sharply and ended up with oncoming traffic, but then the car slid out of control and rolled into a tree. He was fine but the car didn't look too good.

How to get over a supid mistake? Just be thankful that all it was was a little mistake and nothing serious happened, and try not to let it happen again.