PDA

View Full Version : Past haunting to stop your sleep?

maniakatosheto
10-12-09, 01:16
Well the reason im posting this thread is tonight i tried falling asleep... but something went wrong o.O" . I tried falling asleep but didn't work , I have a bad habbit of banging my head in the pillow .... tried it doesn't work , tried singing my self to sleep STILL DOesn't work. When i shut my eyes i picture the same things ... how i found my mother unconcious on the 6th of september back in 2001 and how i found my father dead on the sofa in the kitchen Rest in peace :(. And i got up repeated all the steps i did back in the days :(. it's 3:18 am and still can't sleep :( HELP!

Love2Raid
10-12-09, 01:23
It's not a strange thing that those experiences put you out of sleep even after many years, because it must have been awful for you! :hug:

Has anything happened recently why it's coming back to you? Maybe it's time of the year. :(
I wish I could help but there isn't much I can do. Talking about it works best I think, just let it all out at once and it will make you feel better. We are here for you. :hug:

Uzi master
10-12-09, 01:24
well, you could try drinking less caffiene, watching some T.V. until you get sleepy, maybe try exercizing a little? or maybe call an exorcised.

maniakatosheto
10-12-09, 01:28
the most recentest thing that happend was my father passed away on the 29 of november :(.
and uzi_master... no matter what i do... it pushes me from the inside. i can't fall asleep o.O

Love2Raid
10-12-09, 01:39
But that was only 2 weeks ago! :eek:
I feel so sorry for you. :hug:

Well if you can't sleep tonight then let it be. Try to distract yourself by reading a nice book in bed. Eventually you'll get tired and fall asleep. Hot milk helps too.

Beans-Bot
10-12-09, 01:43
or maybe call an exorcised.

Call for an exorcism? :vlol:

I don't think memories haunting you means you're violently possesed by a hellspawn. :o

As for the topic, I sadly have nothing much to say. Perhaps if you have money to spare, invest in a psychiatrist. That doesn't make you crazy, they can truly help you get over certain traumas such as losing loved ones.

Whatever you decide, I sincerely hope you can sleep well one day. I know you will. :hug:

Rai
10-12-09, 01:55
The recent loss of your father is bound to have an effect on your sleeping habits and indeed bring back memories of what happened to your mother too. I'm sorry for your loss. As for your sleeping, try a cup of warm milk and some relaxing music. It may help you to feel sleepy or it may just help you to relax enough and calm you a little. :hug:

Hairhelmet12
10-12-09, 02:31
Well the reason im posting this thread is tonight i tried falling asleep... but something went wrong o.O" . I tried falling asleep but didn't work , I have a bad habbit of banging my head in the pillow .... tried it doesn't work , tried singing my self to sleep STILL DOesn't work. When i shut my eyes i picture the same things ... how i found my mother unconcious on the 6th of september back in 2001 and how i found my father dead on the sofa in the kitchen Rest in peace :(. And i got up repeated all the steps i did back in the days :(. it's 3:18 am and still can't sleep :( HELP!

Oh my god! You poor thing, let me hug you to sleep.

LaraLuvrrr
10-12-09, 04:42
Take a deep breath...

then hit yourself over the head with something heavy.

I promise you will fall

asleep

Andyroo
10-12-09, 04:46
You should probably seek professional help.

miss.haggard
10-12-09, 04:58
I have the same problems sometimes too maniakatosheto, and really besides taking medications (which I absolutely do not recommend) the best thing to do is take a deep breath, maybe read a book, and try to get your mind off of it. If you cant fall asleep, just think about how well youll sleep the next night from being absolutely exhausted.

If it continues I would say take a quick trip to the doctors office and maybe get some recommendations on therapists in the area that would be of help to you.

Shark_Blade
10-12-09, 08:17
Read a book whilst lying on the bed. Even better, get a boring book. My brother used to read Guiness World of Record, a collection of useless world achievements imo- 5 minutes and he's out. :D

Dennis's Mom
10-12-09, 14:24
If you can't stop your brain enough to go to sleep, I recommend counseling. There's nothing worse than laying awake, beating yourself up with the bad moments of your life.

Talk to someone. You'll be amazed how much it helps.

touchthesky
10-12-09, 17:22
Count!

It works miracles! I always count, however stressful the day, and I ALWAYS fall asleep.

lara c. fan
10-12-09, 18:05
I got the same thing when my Gran died back in 2006 :(

All I can say is just distract yourself with something, and just try to relax :)