PDA

View Full Version : TR Music

dotforbrains
10-12-09, 15:02
Has anyone else been frustrated in obtaining the music soundtracks from any of the TR games like I have? Sure, I've downloaded some short clips etc, and even was able to contact Marcus Trogen, who btw is an awesome human being; but as for the main composers of the games music, nada.

I'm under the impression that Eidos has over controlled this important marketing aspect of their franchise. I for one would purchase any or all of the music from any of the composers who recorded tombraider style music. But alas.

Thanks to the community,

dfb
:hea:

PoseidonsDeath
24-12-09, 04:45
Pretty sure TombRaiderChronicles.com has all the soundtracks.

TheBloodRed
24-12-09, 06:21
I've had absolutely no trouble at all.

tombraiderchronicles.com has them all!! ^_^

ggctuk
25-12-09, 20:39
Except for FMV music (except in one, very rare instance), what they said above ^^.

TheBloodRed
25-12-09, 21:00
Pop in your copy of TR4 and rip the audio from the fmv cuts. :P

T-Sex
25-12-09, 21:58
Im pretty sure some fansite, maybe trchronicles, had every soundtrack and provided album covers and disk stickers as well.

Element115
31-12-09, 05:26
About the tombraiderchronicles.com downloads, is there a tracklist for those? All the soundtracks from TR to AoD are just labelled as track001, track002, etc. I'd like to label them properly (as long as that might take), but I certainly can't remember the level/area of level for every single piece to label them.

TheBloodRed
31-12-09, 05:28
The tracks never had names really. They were just sounds to add for effect. I am sure the makers had a list of what they were in general, but no words can describe the sounds made usually. xD

Element115
31-12-09, 15:39
Oh, I just meant the descriptions of the levels that the music and ambient background sounds come from, like "Venice" or "St Francis Folly". I was able to get most of them from TR to TRIII, but not all. Not counting the FMVs or speaking tracks of course, they're rather self-explainatory. I'm certainly not asking other to go through the trouble, just wondering if someone already has. If not, that's cool, just wondering. There sure are a lot of tracks there!

Minimus
31-12-09, 15:40
I got my TR soundtracks from my PS game discs :)

T-Sex
31-12-09, 16:02
http://www.planetlara.com/soundtrack/tr1.asp

There you go. It has the disk/album covers and a track list.

http://www.planetlara.com/soundtrack/covers.asp

Theres the artwork :P

Helegad
31-12-09, 16:11
I made a tape once with TR2 and TR3 music on it. I need to find it...

Element115
01-01-10, 00:25
http://www.planetlara.com/soundtrack/tr1.asp

There you go. It has the disk/album covers and a track list.

http://www.planetlara.com/soundtrack/covers.asp

Theres the artwork :P

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks. :)

Joshorty
09-01-10, 04:39
I got my TR soundtracks from my PS game discs :)

I did just that and arranged my own order, chronologically from order of when you'd hear these tracks during the game. It's also to give it a more dramatic over all listen. If anyone wants my rips (right from the game disc, in the same way you'd rip any music CD from its CD quality) just pm me. It's in AAC/mp4, at 256 kbps VBR. Some of the track names are actually official to what Nathan Mccree (composer) named them, such as my favorite, Longing For Home (trk. 10 on CD).

Alex Shepherd
09-01-10, 04:41
You can get them from the Audio file once you explore and not open the TR game...

So everybody whats your favorite music?

Raider Man

TheBloodRed
09-01-10, 04:51
AOD has the best music everr!!! :D

And I love Legend's ambient background tunes. :P

Alex Shepherd
09-01-10, 05:16
To tell you the truth... TR1 is my BEST music ever, and after that TR3 and then TR4 and period...

Raider Man

Joshorty
09-01-10, 06:15
I'll hold my cup to that. Even in todays standards, it's as strong and bold as it was when first heard. Angel of Darkness did have a great soundtrack also, especially the main theme.

remote91
09-01-10, 07:34
^I agree, AOD's main theme is beautiful work, I love all the strings.

TR hasn't had a better soundtrack since.

Mytly
09-01-10, 13:27
Since this thread is more about TR music in general than about TR1 music, I'll move it to General Chat.

Punaxe
09-01-10, 13:42
Let's see... As far as I know, the (PC) discs of TR1 and TR2 are also usable audio CD's, the music from TR4 is in .wav-format on the (PC) disc, and the Anniversary Collector's Edition comes with a separate soundtrack CD... The rest, I guess, is on TRC.

But it's actually pretty weird that there's never been a TR-themed audio CD, if even a collection of the best pieces of music. Think of the extra bit of money they could've made... :p

EDIT: Or have these things on Planet Lara been actual releases?

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-10, 14:23
Theres 3 ways i get the music:

1 - ps game disks
2 - zedge website for ringtones and message tones - oh and also as a phone theme :p
3 - tr chronicles if all else fails

Aranara
09-01-10, 14:39
If I want TR music, I use Tomb Raider Chronicles:p

snork
09-01-10, 15:27
Let's see... As far as I know, the (PC) discs of TR1 and TR2 are also usable audio CD's, the music from TR4 is in .wav-format on the (PC) disc, and the Anniversary Collector's Edition comes with a separate soundtrack CD... The rest, I guess, is on TRC.

But it's actually pretty weird that there's never been a TR-themed audio CD, if even a collection of the best pieces of music. Think of the extra bit of money they could've made... :p
For TR3 I used a tool that extracted the music from the cdaudio.wad (PC version)
I think it was called soundjack, now I find it at the levelbase under the name s-jack : http://www.laraslevelbase.org/stuff/index.asp?id=525 (nevermind the jeep :p)
I think you need to be a registered (for free) member at the levelbase to d/l from them. But the tool should be available from other sites also, I guess.

It also reads the song's titles from the file and saves them under those names. (Geordiebob, There's Something Spooky in that Jungle, ...)

Working well.