View Full Version : Ghosts.

LarasClone
10-12-09, 19:12
Do, you belive in them?

Had you have any experinces with them.

If theres already a thread im such and idiot, and oyu can close it! :hea:

Laralissa
10-12-09, 19:20
I seem to remember a very er... interesting (:pi:) thread on ghosts, which then turned into a thread about genies a while back - that was a hoot.

Im not sure myself... I do believe in energy being left behind, but whether this energy takes the form of physical hauntings or not is still difficult for me to determine. In the past Ive had things like bumps in the night and so on, then hearing that a close relative has died the morning after, but your mind will tell you what it wants when youre in that kind of distress. So Im still deciding.

tampi
10-12-09, 19:32
I prefer not to think about it. It's something that gives me much respect. :o

Quite a few ghosts live there , so also have to live with the dead.

Hawke1000
10-12-09, 19:35
I'll tell you something - Apparitions, Ghosts, paranormal activity = bull ****, there are NO such things as ghosts that come to haunt you.PERIOD

Alex Shepherd
10-12-09, 19:41
I seem to remember a very er... interesting (:pi:) thread on ghosts, which then turned into a thread about genies a while back - that was a hoot.

Im not sure myself... I do believe in energy being left behind, but whether this energy takes the form of physical hauntings or not is still difficult for me to determine. In the past Ive had things like bumps in the night and so on, then hearing that a close relative has died the morning after, but your mind will tell you what it wants when youre in that kind of distress. So Im still deciding.

There is nothing called Ghost but Genies...
This thread is going to be closed I think...

Sgt BOMBULOUS
10-12-09, 19:44
This is what I think about ghosts...

BdlVcPxTd6k

The scene where he uses the ghost as a towel... :vlol:

Jo269976
10-12-09, 19:58
There are no ghosts. Only creepy caretakers, or old man Jenkins.

http://perdizesdream.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/phantom-scooby-doo-unmask-1.jpg

Alex Shepherd
10-12-09, 20:01
Seriously I just wanna ask a question to those people who surley belive in Ghosts...

How many people died in our world? No really its a GREAT GREAT GREAT number more than ours (The people who are already alive) And the people who are come to life (Borning) so how would MOST of us didn't face anyproblem with ghosts but least... Why least, if that a great number of dead people turned into a ghosts, we should all get suffered from them, but we're not, we're suffering from the evil and demons, Genesis...

Raider Man

Jo269976
10-12-09, 20:03
Because not everyone who dies turns into a ghost. Or as far as we can understand. Unless you have unfinished business on earth, it's believed that your soul stays in Purgatory.

Rai
10-12-09, 20:07
There is nothing called Ghost but Genies...
This thread is going to be closed I think...

Why should it be closed? Because Alex or Raider has spoken and that is the final word? I think there is enough room in the spiritual realm for ghosts and genies.

I believe in ghosts. I am positive the house I grew up in in Trowbridge was haunted. I don't wish to go into many details, but my sister had similar experiences.

I have had experiences in other places too. I'm convinced.

EDIT: To answer Alex: Ghosts are believed to be manifestations of those who have yet to pass over. For some spirits they may not realise they are dead if their death was sudden or they may still have business on Earth to see to, like leaving a message to loved ones.

Smog
10-12-09, 20:19
I'll tell you something - Apparitions, Ghosts, paranormal activity = bull ****, there are NO such things as ghosts that come to haunt you.PERIOD

There's certainly no evidence that proves that there are no such things as ghosts, in the same way that there's no convincing evidence (really) to suggest that they do exist. I don't believe in ghosts, but to dismiss then as an impossibility is closed-minded and scientifically unreasonable. The same is true of Bigfoot, aliens, the Loch Ness monster and any and all Gods for that matter.

Aranara
10-12-09, 20:21
I don't believe in ghosts.
If spirits have unfinished business they go Purgatori. Not on Earth.
Just my opinion.

Hawke1000
10-12-09, 20:46
There's certainly no evidence that proves that there are no such things as ghosts, in the same way that there's no convincing evidence (really) to suggest that they do exist. I don't believe in ghosts, but to dismiss then as an impossibility is closed-minded and scientifically unreasonable. The same is true of Bigfoot, aliens, the Loch Ness monster and any and all Gods for that matter.

Researching over something whose results are futile this way or that way is stupidity (more or less) not closed-mindedness, even if ghosts are found (which won't happen), what good is it to mankind? The odds against the "possibility" of existence of ghosts more than compensates for my statement; there have been several researches over ghost hunting, including the famous research carried out by Dr Richard Wiseman who was from the University of Hertfordshire, UK, who conducted a thorough research over this issue & finally came to the conclusion claiming: "It's all in the mind" as far as I remember, that said, there's still more benign air towards me since most researches carried out till now, have not found any ghost at all & they never will. ;)

Smog
10-12-09, 21:07
Researching over something whose results are futile this way or that way is stupidity (more or less) not closed-mindedness, even if ghosts are found (which won't happen), what good is it to mankind?

You don't think uncovering the existence of an afterlife would be a hugely important discovery for all of humanity? I think I'd be pretty interested.

Anyway, that's besides the point. All I'm saying is that while I don't see any particular reason to believe in ghosts, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I know with any certainty that they don't exist. A good scientist would assume nothing either way and remain neutral while forming a conclusion based on evidence. Remaining objective doesn't mean dismissing the most fanciful possibilities as impossible simply because they are fanciful. Ghosts almost certainly don't exist. Almost certainly. :p

But proving the existence of something like this is a lot easier than disproving it. Just because I can't prove that there are leprechauns at the bottom of my garden doesn't mean there can't be leprechauns at the bottom of my garden.

Hawke1000
10-12-09, 21:09
You don't think uncovering the existence of an afterlife would be a hugely important discovery for all of humanity? I think I'd be pretty interested.

Anyway, that's besides the point. All I'm saying is that while I don't see any particular reason to believe in ghosts, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I know with any certainty that they don't exist. A good scientist would assume nothing either way and remain neutral while forming a conclusion based on evidence. Remaining objective doesn't mean dismissing the most fanciful possibilities as impossible simply because they are fanciful. Ghosts almost certainly don't exist. Almost certainly. :p

But proving the existence of something like this is a lot easier than disproving it. Just because I can't prove that there are leprechauns at the bottom of my garden doesn't mean there can't be leprechauns at the bottom of my garden.

Well, I can't change your mind on that, but anyway, it's all opinions I guess, cheers ;)

Gabi
10-12-09, 21:30
Well, I can't change your mind on that, but anyway, it's all opinions I guess, cheers ;)
Exactly. ;)
In your previous statement you made it sound as if you knew with certainty that there are no ghosts:

I am not a believer in ghosts as such, but I do believe that there is a multitude of things out there that so far we simply have not discovered or are not able to perceive (just think radio waves 200 years ago).
Ghosts could be one of them. :)

Tommy123
10-12-09, 22:19
This is what I think about ghosts...

BdlVcPxTd6k

The scene where he uses the ghost as a towel... :vlol:

hahaha i loved that episode!

anyway yes i do believe in them since i live in a "Haunted" house and have seen some pretty crazy ****

Tina Croft
10-12-09, 22:39
I don't believe in ghosts.
If spirits have unfinished business they go Purgatori. Not on Earth.
Just my opinion.

but then would everyone get punished after death, even if we were good persons or what...

besides we don't live in mediaeval times anymore

Shark_Blade
10-12-09, 23:11
I'll tell you something - Apparitions, Ghosts, paranormal activity = bull ****, there are NO such things as ghosts that come to haunt you.PERIODAgreed. Everytime people said about unexplained phenomenon they relate it to ghost.

Like once, there was a girl who fell from the 5th floor of a hostel and died. Some said it's an accident while others commented that it's because she was possessed/ pushed by a ghost. :rolleyes: It's even printed on the freaking newspaper!

aktrekker
10-12-09, 23:25
I believe spirits exist, as in a different form of life than what we are familiar with.
But I do not believe in ghosts, as in the life force of people who have died remaining on earth.

Autolycus
11-12-09, 08:28

Too right there's a logical explanation for everything. This kind of rubbish imo are only in peoples head.

Cochrane
11-12-09, 08:41

For what it's worth, there is evidence for Loch Ness monsters not existing, for example the lake simply does not have enough fish to sustain a viable population of marine predators of this size.

With ghosts, I'd follow the principle that if there is no strong evidence for them, they're unlikely to be real. After all, if there are no verified observations that can really only be described by them, why do we need them? The alternative is to assume that humans are simply easily scared and have too much imagination, both of which are actually well documented.

Lara's Nemesis
11-12-09, 08:52
I don't believe in the afterlife, I think people invented the idea to make dealing with death a bit easier.

ZapTheLadyBird
11-12-09, 08:59
I do in a way, but I don't believe in people coming back from the dead as ghosts... My views are kinda complicated.

Hawke1000
11-12-09, 09:30
Too right there's a logical explanation for everything. This kind of rubbish imo are only in peoples head.

Absolutely mate, if anyone believes in ghosts, then he/she might as well believe in all the fantasies that come to his/her mind! ;)

I Need A Map
11-12-09, 10:07
There are no ghosts. Only creepy caretakers, or old man Jenkins.

http://perdizesdream.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/phantom-scooby-doo-unmask-1.jpg

He could have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids!:ton:

sandygrimm
11-12-09, 10:14
LlK_xi-IMyw

Changeling
11-12-09, 10:15
Absolutely mate, if anyone believes in ghosts, then he/she might as well believe in all the fantasies that come to his/her mind! ;)

Why don't you stop acting like you know everything? All you're doing is screaming at people ZOMGZ U R RONG!!11 and practically insulting people who do believe in the possibility of spirits and ghosts (like me).

Autolycus
11-12-09, 10:20
Why don't you stop acting like you know everything? All you're doing is screaming at people ZOMGZ U R RONG!!11 and practically insulting people who do believe in the possibility of spirits and ghosts (like me).

Alright calm down it was only his opinion, like you're intitled to yours.

Changeling
11-12-09, 10:27
^ Calm down? I don't see where I wasn't calm. I was just pointing it out. Plus it seemed like he was treating his opinion as fact when that's all it was: an opinion.

Hawke1000
11-12-09, 11:09

I didn't insult anyone, I most certainly did not say anything like "ZOMG UR WRONG" or some similar crap, I simply gave my opinion, so relax, if you believe in ghosts, then so be it, I'm not stopping you or anyone from that...LOL.

Ikas90
11-12-09, 11:10
I believe in ghosts. I find ghost stories quite fascinating. I'd hate to experience them, though. :vlol:

TombRaiderCool
11-12-09, 11:13
I'm a bit split on the topic of ghosts, I believe there may be forces we don't fully understand, so we call them "supernatural" or "ghosts" as one possible solution.

Punaxe
11-12-09, 11:40
I think I'll just repost what I wrote earlier:
Let me tell you the scientific take on ghosts as far as I'm aware of it. I am no expert here and I don't know much about it so if anyone can elaborate or prove me wrong please do, but as far as I know there's also simply not much research done on the topic. One of my professors claims this is because of a bias in the scientific community, where people simply don't want to publish anything about this subject. Anyway.

It concerns the power of the human mind, psychokinesis and poltergeists.

At some point a relative lot of research was done in the realm of the paranormal but none yielded any results, safe for one: the research with random number generators (RNG). An RNG is a physical device that continuously, randomly generates one of two possible outcomes, for example a 0 or a 1. This was visualized through rows of lights (much like a computer screen nowadays): at first, the middle light was on. If a 0 was generated, on the next row, the light to the left of the original light went on, if a 1 was generated, the light to the right. As such there would be a moving, fluctuating line of lights. Because there was equal chance of a 0 or 1, the line would remain pretty much centred.
Researchers then asked people to influence the line. They asked them to "want the line to go to the right". And apparently, this actually worked. With no other current explanation than the power of consiousness, the RNG started generating a significant amount of 1s rather than 0s.

In Evidence for Consciousness-Related Anomalies in Random Physical Systems, Radin and Nelson (1989) published their meta-analysis of all such experiments done and wrote in their conclusion:

The overall effect size obtained in experimental conditions cannot be adequately explained by methodological flaws or selective reporting practices. Therefore, after considering all of the retrievable evidence, published and unpublished, tempered by all legitimate criticisms raised to date, it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that under certain circumstances, consciousness interacts with random physical systems. Whether this effect will ultimately be established as an overlooked methodological artifact, as a novel bioelectrical perturbation of sensitive electronic devices, or as an empirical contribution to the philosophy of mind, remains to be seen.
(Emphasis mine.)

This effect is called psychokinesis, basically the interaction that consciousness can have with physical systems. It appears to be possible for the human mind to influence the physical world.

A Dutch university has a professor in scientific parapsychology. The sources get somewhat shady here but it is believed that the phenomenon of poltergeists is actually a special version of the effect seen in RNG experiments. Some people, it is assumed, are more capable of psychokinesis than others, and rather than having a ghost throwing objects around and making noises, it is actually the power of this specially-capable person's consciousness doing this. This theory has been tested by placing RNGs in the room where the "hauntings" happen, and indeed, a significant sequence of apparently non-random numbers was recorded during the "hauntings", which only happened when certain persons were present.

Furthermore, the Global Consciousness Project (http://noosphere.princeton.edu/) of Princeton University has put a huge number of RNGs everywhere around the world and says to have seen the effect happen on a large scale. At big, worldwide events such as 9/11, a significant change, not otherwise explainable, is said to have been recorded.

So in summary it seems, for as far as we can measure today, that human consciousness is capable of influencing the physical world around us, which would explain the effects seen on RNGs, both on small-scale and global scale, and it would explain the poltergeist phenomenon.

Changeling
11-12-09, 12:16
I didn't insult anyone, I most certainly did not say anything like "ZOMG UR WRONG" or some similar crap, I simply gave my opinion, so relax, if you believe in ghosts, then so be it, I'm not stopping you or anyone from that...LOL.

No, you're not stopping me, but you didn't "simply give your opinion":

^ Seems an awful lot like you were stating it as fact, wouldn't you agree?

^ While you most certainly didn't insult anyone directly, it seemed like you were calling believers delusional and stupid.

badboy70
11-12-09, 12:23
I don't really believe in ghosts for the simple reason that they can't be proven.
There is no evidence that they exist whatsoever, and I don't believe the footage I see because these days it's awfully easy to manipulate it, both videos and pictures.
Almost everyone can play a transparent ghost-like figure over a video and then compile it, if you follow a tutorial.

Also, doesn't science says the amount of energy is constant, no energy can be lost nor can it be created. Then where does the energy of ghosts come from, if it can't be created. And how to prove the ability that they can fly through things and yet are able to pick things up?

And why are they invisble, since when can something that doesn't exist out of matter, collide with something that does exist out of matter?
If it would exist out of matter, it would react to things.
There are particles small enough to fly through things, but then they won't react to it and they certainly can't form a "living" form of "life".

Hawke1000
11-12-09, 13:00
No, you're not stopping me, but you didn't "simply give your opinion".

I did, how YOU perceive it, depends on you ;)

^ Seems an awful lot like you were stating it as fact, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, "it seems" but isn't what it seems to be, it still is an opinion, like it or not.

^ While you most certainly didn't insult anyone directly, it seemed like you were calling believers delusional and stupid.

yes, "it seems" like it, unfortunately, things aren't always what they seem to be. ;)

I really didn't mean to offend anyone or anything mate, chill out! :) :hug:

Gabi
11-12-09, 13:09
I did, how YOU perceive it, depends on you

Yes, "it seems" but isn't what it seems to be, it still is an opinion, like it or not.

yes, "it seems" like it, unfortunately, things aren't always what they seem to be.

Hawke, maybe you should try and make things clear in your posts, so that misunderstandings like this do not happen. :)

Edit: I have just seen that you edited your post. :tmb:

Paddy
11-12-09, 13:11
Definitely believe ghosts exist because Ive seen them.
Whether anyone believes that or not, is upto them and I dont give a **** :p

Changeling
11-12-09, 14:42
I really didn't mean to offend anyone or anything mate, chill out! :) :hug:

I know you didn't, sorry for lashing out at you like that, it was early and I was grouchy. :p:hug:

Minimus
11-12-09, 22:20
I do not believe in them.

I have had experiences that some would presume are ghostly encounters, but I am a rational person so I do not think anything supernatural of the experiences.

larafan25
11-12-09, 22:33
isn't believing in ghosts kinda like believing in God, you either do or you don't and there are no explainations?:)

I am pretty much split on this, I have never cared much to go further into the topic to try and prove either or...:)

Paddy
12-12-09, 07:28
Some who have seen ghosts were previously oblivious to them. Depends on your experiences, if you havent had any with ghosts yet well chances are you will always believe they dont exist but once one does see one, becomes more obvious.

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 16:39
I seen a ghost dog before. T'was scary :yik:

Hawke1000
12-12-09, 16:45
I know you didn't, sorry for lashing out at you like that, it was early and I was grouchy. :p:hug:

Ahaha! No prob mate, I understand ;) :hug:

Alex Shepherd
12-12-09, 17:41
Why should it be closed? Because Alex or Raider has spoken and that is the final word? I think there is enough room in the spiritual realm for ghosts and genies.

I believe in ghosts. I am positive the house I grew up in in Trowbridge was haunted. I don't wish to go into many details, but my sister had similar experiences.

I have had experiences in other places too. I'm convinced.

EDIT: To answer Alex: Ghosts are believed to be manifestations of those who have yet to pass over. For some spirits they may not realise they are dead if their death was sudden or they may still have business on Earth to see to, like leaving a message to loved ones.

1) No, because I think this thread had been mentioned already, thats what I said "I think"

2) Not your sister, not your mother, not your anyone else you know, it is a Gensis, Gensis who are against God and follow the wrong things are called Demons or Devils but the one whoa re not and who have Faith called Gensis... Why?! Because a person also can be demon too ;) a person is a killing-machine or do something bad suffer people, we call him evil or devil or demon.
Anyway Gensis can perform himself into anything you want except the prophets of God, where you can see them in your dreams or whatever, people don't realise that and start to take it as a ghost from the dead people thing, but its actually Gennie who change himself into that human to contact you... One day you'll understand.

Raider Man

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 17:54
I seen a ghost dog before. T'was scary :yik:

Could have been a Black Dog. :D

1) No, because I think this thread had been mentioned already, thats what I said "I think"

2) Not your sister, not your mother, not your anyone else you know, it is a Gensis, Gensis who are against God and follow the wrong things are called Demons or Devils but the one whoa re not and who have Faith called Gensis... Why?! Because a person also can be demon too ;) a person is a killing-machine or do something bad suffer people, we call him evil or devil or demon.
Anyway Gensis can perform himself into anything you want except the prophets of God, where you can see them in your dreams or whatever, people don't realise that and start to take it as a ghost from the dead people thing, but its actually Gennie who change himself into that human to contact you... One day you'll understand.

Raider Man

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it's pointless telling people that. ;) One "culture" - so to speak - will have different views about demons/spirits/genies or whatever to what another "culture" would. :) I would give you an example, but I don't have my book at hand.

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 18:22
It actually wasn't. It was so feaky... and it just....dissapeared :(

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 18:25
It actually wasn't. It was so feaky... and it just....dissapeared :(

Black Dog is metaphorical - kind of. :p It's said to be a large dog with glowing eyes, and is generally black. It's also an omen of death. ;) Have a look here (http://nli.northampton.ac.uk/ass/psych-staff/sjs/blackdog.htm#Terminology).

Laras shadow
12-12-09, 18:28
hmm i think i believe or i would like to think there is life after death...
my room, i think is haunted coz i always se a figure at the bottom of my bed at 12:00am everynight it's creepy :S

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 18:29
Black Dog is metaphorical - kind of. :p It's said to be a large dog with glowing eyes, and is generally black. It's also an omen of death. ;) Have a look here (http://nli.northampton.ac.uk/ass/psych-staff/sjs/blackdog.htm#Terminology).

:eek: I'm scared......
*runs of crying*

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 18:39
:eek: I'm scared......
*runs of crying*

:ton:

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 18:41
I will be scared for life now :(
And you laugh.....:p

Rai
12-12-09, 18:49

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it's pointless telling people that. ;) One "culture" - so to speak - will have different views about demons/spirits/genies or whatever to what another "culture" would. :) I would give you an example, but I don't have my book at hand.

Thank you. Exactly. Different people from different cultures and/or religions will have been taught or even just believe in different versions of something. I am interested in the Genis, Alex talks of as it a different view and I find the Genis fascinating. However, that does not mean that 'ghosts' or 'spirits' as I imagine them don't exist either. It is an individual thing, imo.

Ooh as they are called in Harry Potter:The Grim. Scary indeed.

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 18:51
AND IT'S COMING FOR ME!!! :eek:
AHHHHHH!

Rai
12-12-09, 18:55
AHHHHHH!

Are you sure it wasn't just an ordinary black dog? Either way, if you are perfectly well and decide not to put any weight to it,I think you'll be perfectly fine. :p

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 18:58
Are you sure it wasn't just an ordinary black dog? Either way, if you are perfectly well and decide not to put any weight to it,I think you'll be perfectly fine. :p

It musta been a super dog to get over the metre high gate we hve on the stairs...

Bumio
12-12-09, 19:03
again such thread? :rolleyes:

I think "ghosts" isn't the right word. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits.
I cannot think otherwise after having direct contacts with them.

Rai
12-12-09, 19:09
It musta been a super dog to get over the metre high gate we hve on the stairs...

I think you have a choice here. Either think you saw a phantom dog out to get you and scare yourself silly or you can say it was a big fluffy dog that just happened to cross your path and would have licked you to death given the chance. :p

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 19:10
I think you have a choice here. Either think you saw a phantom dog out to get you and scare yourself silly or you can say it was a big fluffy dog that just happened to cross your path and would have licked you to death given the chance. :p

PHANTOM DOG!!! :p

Lara's home
12-12-09, 19:13
I believed in them when I was a child, but they grew off me. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Wolf Angel
12-12-09, 19:21
I believe in demons, who lure you to the dark side and make you do evil things.

As for ghosts, I do believe in them. I think they may have been people who in general, died by being murdered, in family conflict, etc. or even chose to stay on earth. I haven't really encountered paranormal activity but my grandfather has. When he was a little kid he was in the sitting room. His grandmother recently died. The whole family was in the room and he looked up at the window. His grandmother walked past, stopped, looked in and walked on.
I think either it was her ghost, or an imprint of her soul might of still been there. I think similar accounts have happened in castles or places where lots of people used to live a long time ago. It might not necessarily be ghosts you hear/see but there could be a certain "energy" left behind in the place. It's even hard for me to fully understand that.

Also I'm not sure if ghosts can actually pick up things. Those could be mistaken for demons, maybe(?)

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 19:37
Thank you. Exactly. Different people from different cultures and/or religions will have been taught or even just believe in different versions of something. I am interested in the Genis, Alex talks of as it a different view and I find the Genis fascinating. However, that does not mean that 'ghosts' or 'spirits' as I imagine them don't exist either. It is an individual thing, imo.

Ooh as they are called in Harry Potter:The Grim. Scary indeed.

:tmb: That's why there is always contradicting stories on things. Word of mouth is also responsible for that. For example: Vampires (Real or not, it doesn't really matter. :p) are said to be killed by a stake through the heart, while the actual way to to behead them. Damn you Bram Stoker! :p I'll see what I can find on Genies. :D

Really? :eek: Which film?

AHHHHHH!

Haha, they don't attack people, they're just a sign. And besides, it was most likely a normal, large dog that ran away when you wasn't paying attention. :) From what I've read, a Wolfhound looks just like how a Black Dog is described. :)

http://doringsensomsrose.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/irish-wolfhound.jpg

They certainly are big enough! :D

@Wolf Angel: I like you. :pi:

Rai
12-12-09, 19:49
:tmb: That's why there is always contradicting stories on things. Word of mouth is also responsible for that. For example: Vampires (Real or not, it doesn't really matter. :p) are said to be killed by a stake through the heart, while the actual way to to behead them. Damn you Bram Stoker! :p I'll see what I can find on Genies. :D

Really? :eek: Which film?

I think it depends on which film/book/tv show you read or watch that determines in what the vampire myth is. They all seem to contradict themselves. :p

In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry spots a large black dog coming from a dark alley which growls. He then learns about the The Grim an apparition that is supposed to be a death omen. It turns out to be his uncle in his animagus form.

@Wolf Angel. Thanks for sharing that. Interesting.

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 19:49
It was at night and it glowed.

GLOWED I TELL YOU!!

Wolf Angel
12-12-09, 20:01

Thanks..:)

@ rai thanks as well :)
I would have quoted you as well but i dont know how to quote 2 people in the same message as im worried i might double post ;)

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 20:08
I think it depends on which film/book/tv show you read or watch that determines in what the vampire myth is. They all seem to contradict themselves. :p

In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry spots a large black dog coming from a dark alley which growls. He then learns about the The Grim an apparition that is supposed to be a death omen. It turns out to be his uncle in his animagus form.

Haha, that is so true! xD Oh, I remember now! It's been ages since I've watched it, you see. :D

It was at night and it glowed.

GLOWED I TELL YOU!!

o_0 Be afriad, be very afraid.

:p

Thanks..:)

@ rai thanks as well :)
I would have quoted you as well but i dont know how to quote 2 people in the same message as im worried i might double post ;)

Your welcome. :D

To multi-quote, click the little icon in the bottom corner http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif of the posts you want to quote, and then click "Quote" and reply. :)

lara c. fan
12-12-09, 20:10
*runs around like a headless chicken*
AHHHH!!!!
Death is coming for me!!!!!!!

Evan C.
They exist.

aktrekker
Use the multiquote button. It is the little '' button next to Quote.
Click the button on the posts you want to quote and it will stay pressed. On the last post click the Quote button.

I see someone beat me to it.

Wolf Angel
12-12-09, 20:11
To multi-quote, click the little icon in the bottom corner http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif of the posts you want to quote, and then click "Quote" and reply. :)

thank you :hug:

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 20:13
You're welcome. :hug:

Alex Shepherd
12-12-09, 20:15
Could have been a Black Dog. :D

What are you talking about? Telling me a lair? I had been controlled by a Gennis once, and he never let me to pray... What are you talking about? I am not a fool or a lair or something, I don't really have time to tell jokes but I can't really tell you what that did to me... What if I told you that I had an experience about it?!

The black dog is gennis...

Black rabbit, Black dogs, Black cats (ONLY) are connected by the demons...

Raider Man

Rai
12-12-09, 20:18
^ No one is calling you a liar, Alex (what is your real name, I feel odd calling you Alex). Just saying that people have different beliefs to you when it comes to genis, ghosts, spirits and demons.

Alex Shepherd
12-12-09, 20:21
1) Why do you feel odd while calling me Alex... What if I told you that my REAL name is Alex, names really doesn't interest me and I don't think it will interest you either right?

2) Yeah sure, I was talking about different beliefs, but people don't have the right to offend.

Raider Man

Jo269976
12-12-09, 20:25

Black dogs
Raider Man

My pet Labrador Retriever turned me athiest?

Rai
12-12-09, 20:28
1) Why do you feel odd while calling me Alex... What if I told you that my REAL name is Alex, names really doesn't interest me and I don't think it will interest you either right?

Raider Man

Sorry, I asked what your real name is because it does interest me and because you sign your posts off as Raider Man, so I'd rather call you by your real name than get confused over Alex or Raider. It was just for clarification.

And no-one was being offensive really.

Anyhoo back to the discussion.

LaraRules81
12-12-09, 20:30
What are you talking about? Telling me a lair? I had been controlled by a Gennis once, and he never let me to pray... What are you talking about? I am not a fool or a lair or something, I don't really have time to tell jokes but I can't really tell you what that did to me... What if I told you that I had an experience about it?!

Black rabbit, Black dogs, Black cats (ONLY) are connected by the demons...

Raider Man

I never called you a liar, I said that you're belief on the issue will be completely different to another persons. :) By "Gennis" do you mean Genie or Djinn? And I don't think that black dogs - and especially black rabbits and black cats - are connected to Demons, they're apparitions.

I think you're getting the black cat thing from the Salem Witch Trials - and Wiccans (as they are actually called) aren't actually evil, or have evil intent (most of them) - and the fact that they have Familiars, they're not evil. :) I'm sorry if that's not what you're thinking, but that's where I think you heard it.

Also, I don't think all - for lack of a better word - evil beings are connected by demons. They may be, who knows.

I didn't want to insinuate that you're a liar, Alex, I merely said that your beliefs on Demons and Spirits may be completely different to what another person would believe. :) If you want me to explain in more detail as to what I meant, please feel free to drop me a PM. :) Trust me, I know some stuff on the subject of the supernatural, so I will understand.

Alex Shepherd
12-12-09, 20:31
My pet Labrador Retriever turned me athiest?

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/Raider_Man_Albums/Smiley.jpg

Sorry, I asked what your real name is because it does interest me and because you sign your posts off as Raider Man, so I'd rather call you by your rea name than get confused over Alex or Raider. It was just for clarification.

And no-one was being offensive really.

Anyhoo back to the discussion.

Its Khalid...

Raider Man