PDA

View Full Version : US smacked with first major snow storm

Mr.Burns
11-12-09, 04:12
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/weather/12/10/winter.weather/index.html

Most of the US is stuck with these screwed up, far below normal temps. It's 16F (-9C) right now, predicted wind chills tomorrow of -9F and the water pipes to my building have frozen solid. How's everyone else doing with this lovely storm? :p

Johnnay
11-12-09, 04:28
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/weather/12/10/winter.weather/index.html

Most of the US is stuck with these screwed up, far below normal temps. It's 16F (-9C) right now, predicted wind chills tomorrow of -9F and the water pipes to my building have frozen solid. How's everyone else doing with this lovely storm? :p

Well Burnsey

it is 30 degrees celsius here

the Aussie sun is loving me in any way

AmericanAssassin
11-12-09, 04:31
It's absolutely freezing here in Indiana. We have minimal snow, though. :pi:

GameGlitcher77
11-12-09, 05:02
I was actually in NYC when it first started to snow :whi:

freeze10108
11-12-09, 05:12
It's damn cold here in Idaho—like every winter. Normally it's only like this for one week in January, but it started this month and hasn't let up yet. My entire pond's frozen over, and my Spanish teacher's pipes froze up last Monday night! http://i42.************/16gx2qq.jpg Sadly, with the snow we got this week—something like three or four inches—our ski resort only got about a half inch, bringing them to a total of about six inches. http://i41.************/2s8r6ko.jpg

Immortalis08
11-12-09, 05:30
With the beautiful summer-like November weather we had in Chicago, it was inevitable to have such a harsh introduction to winter. It was 8F but with wind chill factors it became -27F. I for one am not looking forward to tomorrow.

LegendLost
11-12-09, 05:58
Well, I'm here in central jersey and when I passed the exit for New York on the Garden State Parkway three hours ago it was beyond windy and flurrying. Where I live though it's just beyond freezing out and windy but no snow. Thank God. lol.

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-12-09, 07:24
First snow storm? I lived in New York during our infamous snow storm of '98, and that was brutal!

Having that said, it certainly has gotten super cold here where I'm at now. I don't take to cold too kindly. :p

GameGlitcher77
11-12-09, 07:30
First snow storm? I lived in New York during our infamous snow storm of '98, and that was brutal!

Having that said, it certainly has gotten super cold here where I'm at now. I don't take to cold too kindly. :p

The first one this month that is :mis:

Shark_Blade
11-12-09, 08:48
Well Mr. Burns,

As you can see here in Malaysia, it's temperature 35C and partially cloudy. Although we have a lot of rains in the evening for the past month, the temperature maintains a 33C-36C consistent pattern.

Back to you Mr. Burns on TRF News.

Autolycus
11-12-09, 11:58
Of all the places in the world, I wouldn't want to be in New York right now I hate snow with a passion.

Legend of Lara
11-12-09, 12:04
Here in Iceland, Iceland, there's barely any snow and not that cold.
So, HA! :p

Mad Tony
11-12-09, 15:39
You lucky people. I want snow.

voltz
12-12-09, 02:46
I remember a business trip over the weekend saw a few towns caked with snow about 3 hours away from home. After I got back home and woke up the next day, we were from nothing to *HOLY ****!* Not to mention the snowplow made a pile where my van parked. :mad:

tranniversary119
12-12-09, 03:10
It's FREEZING here!(I live on the east coast) I can't stand the cold weather, the only good thing about it would be the snow. I hope this is a bad winter, we haven't had those in a long time :p

tomblover
12-12-09, 03:12
Well Mr. Burns,

As you can see here in Malaysia, it's temperature 35C and partially cloudy. Although we have a lot of rains in the evening for the past month, the temperature maintains a 33C-36C consistent pattern.

Back to you Mr. Burns on TRF News. :vlol:

Malaysian weather is so lovely. :jmp: :cln: It's like an intensive heat wave (Yay for not having hot weather and really exaggerate. xD) and then a rain shower that lasts for like 2 minutes but is really cooling... I love it!

In Sweden, ya ask? Well, it's ****en' cold as hell (Oxymorons, YAY.) yet the snow melts as soon as it hits the ground. It mostly rains.

voltz
12-12-09, 03:14
I hope this is a bad winter

Do you have any idea how many people get killed on the roads when these happen? :smk:

Mr.Burns
12-12-09, 03:18
@voltz: Many. I almost was a statistic as well. Lost control of my Mustang (yea I know, not smart to drive now) and slammed into a guard rail. Good thing it was there otherwise I would have gone down into a canal. Car's all screwed up :hea:

Quasimodo
12-12-09, 03:19
That must've been terrifying!

Mr.Burns
12-12-09, 03:23
Irratating more like. Very ticked off right now since it's a $500 deductable I can't afford right now.

voltz
12-12-09, 03:24
I'm fearful I have clients set up to do with inventory next January and I'll have to go all over state. Almost got knocked off the road a few times.

pekirock
12-12-09, 03:28
in canada here, we had snow nonstop for two days now, and it s about -20 celcius

Mr.Burns
12-12-09, 03:29
Yea, I can imagine driving in Wisconsin in Jan isn't fun. There are areas in New York that are downright dangerous to drive through during winter time.

EmeraldFields
12-12-09, 03:30
In Nebraska we got 8 inches!:D

I had to scoop the driveway three times, but I love having oodles of snow!

tranniversary119
12-12-09, 03:32
Do you have any idea how many people get killed on the roads when these happen? :smk:

Just like how people die every day from car accidents, natural disasters, crossing the street...yeah I know. I never said I wanted people to get hurt, I just said I wanted a bad winter...in other words lots of snow! :rolleyes:

pekirock
12-12-09, 03:34
Just like how people die every day from car accidents, natural disasters, crossing the street...yeah I know. I never said I wanted people to get hurt, I just said I wanted a bad winter...in other words lots of snow! :rolleyes:

i REALLY hate snow, it drives me crazy... its soo damn cold too:hea:

patriots88888
12-12-09, 08:58
@voltz: Many. I almost was a statistic as well. Lost control of my Mustang (yea I know, not smart to drive now) and slammed into a guard rail. Good thing it was there otherwise I would have gone down into a canal. Car's all screwed up :hea:

Yikers! I can't say that I enjoy having to travel in it either, but it's really not that bad if people just take their time, slow down, and most importantly use some common sense. There's a lot of crazy drivers out there who feel they can drive as if it's still Summer.

Glad that you're okay and sorry to hear about your vehicle. :hug:

Capt. Murphy
12-12-09, 14:37
I've thought about it... I suppose we can all swallow this bitter pill now so it's not so bad later. You know the ol' saying (or it's variations); Coming in like a Lion, Going out like a Lamb. Or something like that. :)

matrix54
12-12-09, 14:40
Well, I'm here in central jersey and when I passed the exit for New York on the Garden State Parkway three hours ago it was beyond windy and flurrying. Where I live though it's just beyond freezing out and windy but no snow. Thank God. lol.

You felt it too :p northern new jersey... IT'S WORSE!! (don't come to passaic county :p)

Simochka
12-12-09, 14:46
It surprise me that we haven't got any snow here in southern Sweden yet. But it's freezing cold and sometimes full of ice everywhere. But usually there would be 78647726456 cm snow this time. so i'm happy because I hate snow and everything that's cold xD

LegendLost
12-12-09, 15:11
You felt it too :p northern new jersey... IT'S WORSE!! (don't come to passaic county :p)

Thankfully I only travel to Union at most for school. It's amazing how much a 20-40 mile gap makes a difference in weather.

scion05
12-12-09, 15:45
I wish it was summer, I have the coldest room in my house, and atm, my goosebumps have goosebumps >.>

2kool4u
12-12-09, 17:49
I'm loving the snow........just hated driving it. Black ice is not cool. Thank god i took defensive driving. I was driving on this sharp turn and went on black ice. I instinctively corrected myself. My friend in the back was like :yik: THAT WAS AMAZING D:
:vlol: