PDA

View Full Version : game crashing in ghana in ps2 verison

gabrielorie
11-12-09, 04:33
2 years ago i bought the ps2 version of legend and every time i go up the ladder by the 2nd waterwheel,the game crashes which prevented me from completing the game.i already completed the game on my pc but i would still like to know why the game crahed in this area.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/405/38078887.png

aussie500
11-12-09, 04:35
Did you make sure the disc was clean? Perhaps the PS2 cannot read that section for some reason.

gabrielorie
11-12-09, 05:10
Did you make sure the disc was clean? Perhaps the PS2 cannot read that section for some reason.

it was an original disc with no scratches.

Jove
11-12-09, 15:26
it was an original disc with no scratches.

I was playing TRL Ghana last night on my PS2. Shame you're missing out on it.

The disk may have been bad from the manufacturer, due to a flaw in the medium or whatever. That seems most likely if the disk is pristine and it always fails at the same place.

Still, cleaning's a good thing to try. Easy, cheap, low risk, might help, etc. Even without scratches gunk can build up, especially on the inner gripping ring. If the drive's having trouble holding the disk the laser has a tougher time.

So, clean the bottom of the disk. Thoroughly clean the inner gripping ring top and bottom. I use rubbing alcohol for a good, safe solvent combined with low residue and fast drying.

A couple of my games won't play without regular cleaning. So maybe I'm overenthusiastic.

I've also had a lot of gunk build up on a PS2 drive because due to not taking good enough care of the disks. You can check for this by testing the gripping ring of the cleaned disk after taking it out of the drive. It should still feel squeaky clean.

Good luck.

gabrielorie
12-12-09, 06:15
I was playing TRL Ghana last night on my PS2. Shame you're missing out on it.

The disk may have been bad from the manufacturer, due to a flaw in the medium or whatever. That seems most likely if the disk is pristine and it always fails at the same place.

Still, cleaning's a good thing to try. Easy, cheap, low risk, might help, etc. Even without scratches gunk can build up, especially on the inner gripping ring. If the drive's having trouble holding the disk the laser has a tougher time.

So, clean the bottom of the disk. Thoroughly clean the inner gripping ring top and bottom. I use rubbing alcohol for a good, safe solvent combined with low residue and fast drying.

A couple of my games won't play without regular cleaning. So maybe I'm overenthusiastic.

I've also had a lot of gunk build up on a PS2 drive because due to not taking good enough care of the disks. You can check for this by testing the gripping ring of the cleaned disk after taking it out of the drive. It should still feel squeaky clean.

Good luck.

thanks but i already sold it 2 years ago and bought the pc version and i already won it:).

michaeldt
12-12-09, 13:19
how is the laser reader on your PS2? if it is dusty, that might be the problem.

Rai
12-12-09, 13:51
I'm sorry, you sold your PS2 version two years ago? So why on earth are you bothering to ask here for help on why the game crashes and I presumed possible fixes? If you no longer have the disk, does it matter? I feel sorry for the person who bought it off you when you clearly knew it was faulty. Did the buyer come back asking for a refund? Ummmm.

:p

aussie500
12-12-09, 23:58
Since this thread seems pretty pointless I will close it. Many of us have played through the PS2 version gabrielorie and we had no problems. Your game crashing at that point would have been caused by something wrong with your disc, your PS2 or some very obscure bug no one else seems to have found. Obviously it is too late to sort it out now you no longer have the disc.