PDA

View Full Version : Terms and Conditions

Icarus60
12-12-09, 23:21
7.1 - www.tombraiderforums.com operates a strict no-spam policy. Members spamming our forum with frivolous and/or duplicate posts will have their posts removed and their membership revoked for a specified period of time. Persistent offenders will have their membership cancelled.

Just so that my posts don't continue to be deleted how do people here define "frivolous"?

Lara Fan 4Life
12-12-09, 23:25
Frivolous -
1A: Of little weight or importance B: Having no sound basis (as in fact or law)
2A: Lacking in seriousness B: Marked by unbecoming levity

:tmb:

Quasimodo
12-12-09, 23:37
Just so that my posts don't continue to be deleted how do people here define "frivolous"?

I haven't seen that particular one enforced beyond the odd shoe salesman attack. I probably have a different view of what's frivolous and who's a repeat offender, though :p

Eddie Haskell
12-12-09, 23:51

Totally unknown to me as it applies here. If this rule was followed to the letter the remaining forum members could meet in a taxi... ;)

By the way, you're doing fine by me. Always make it interesting. :)

Quasimodo
12-12-09, 23:58
Totally unknown to me as it applies here. If this rule was followed to the letter the remaining forum members could meet in a taxi... ;)

Interesting. I wonder what happens when a forum cherry-picks its members?

Eddie Haskell
13-12-09, 00:04
Interesting. I wonder what happens when a forum cherry-picks its members?

You want to start one? ;)

Love2Raid
13-12-09, 00:06
What it means we all know or can look up, but is it interpreted in the same way by everybody (especially admin and mods)? I think not.
Of course there are the obvious cases when almost everyone agrees, but between the black and white is the gray area. In those cases one mod could find the post frivolous but another could find that it encourages discussion.

I don't think you can prevent that, not even by making a list of a thousand examples of 'frivolous posts'. Moderating a forum is no exact science. ;)

Quasimodo
13-12-09, 00:07
You want to start one? ;)

Just choosing your buds and starting a message board does not a forum make. Not right away. I'm wondering what happens when a large forum like this rigorously enforces T&C 7.1.

Moderating a forum is no exact science. ;)
I think that's a big problem with a lot of the rules - there's so much left to interpretation it can look like uneven enforcement.

Eddie Haskell
13-12-09, 00:10
Just choosing your buds and starting a message board does not a forum make. Not right away. I'm wondering what happens when a large forum like this rigorously enforces T&C 7.1.

It would prove an impossible task. As Love2Raid points out, subjectivity plays a major part in this. I would think that most moderators are much more permissive than they wish to be for fear of creating an overbearing environment that is unsustainable. But to have such a rule in writing, and enforcing when absolutely needed is no doubt a very good thing.

Capt. Murphy
13-12-09, 00:18
That's the cost sometimes. Have an overly friendly / spammy forum, or a forum that is more tightly run... making more of it's users appear more intelligent.