PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your user name!!!

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 11:44
Some of the user names we've seen on here are pretty obvious, but some are most certainly not (like mine). Tell us why you chose your user name, what it means, if you're happy with it etc... Even if your user name is completely obvious, there might be a story behind it anyway. I will start:

Bombulous I made up out of the blue... I make up words, weird, I know. the "Sgt" before it made it look even more ridiculous and whimsical, which is the type of person I am.

Cheers!

Legend of Lara
14-12-09, 11:53
There are many explanations!

I'm carrying on the legend of Lara!
'The Legend of Zelda", substitute 'Zelda' with 'Lara'.
I just finished TRL at the time.

Try and guess which one I had in mind back then. :p
I thoroughly hate my username. If I were given a chance to change it, I would take it.

LightningRider
14-12-09, 11:56
LOL 3. (Both Laugh out Loud and you User name.)

I think I'm pretty obvious to anyone who's read or seen anything DC Comic's related. :p

Dennis's Mom
14-12-09, 11:59
Well, I'm a mom with a kid named Kevin . . .

Nah, it's Dennis.:p I have three children, but I knew it would annoy Dennis most to use his name. :D (He's registered here under DwightSchrute.)

Crisl
14-12-09, 12:00
Interesting :tmb:

Mine is quite simple. It comes from my real name, but 'cause it's too long, everyone shortens it. My family usually calls me Kris, and then my cousin added the "L" at the end and started to call me that. So I just exchanged K with C in the beginning, and there's Crisl :D

I don't like it because it's such a boring username. But I don't know if I could make up some less boring, so I'd probably stick with this one :)

Rai
14-12-09, 12:00
Lightningrider: I think I'm pretty obvious to anyone who's read or seen anything DC Comic's related. :p

and to those of us who haven't?

LightningRider
14-12-09, 12:03
and to those of us who haven't?

I was gonna wait for someone to answer..

But yes, it came from a site I used to visit a long time ago, the time when I was obsessed with Rider of the Lightning. The Speed Force Bearers. It came from my Youtube account, and I couldn't think of anything else. :vlol:

Of course, I'm talking about the Flash. Lol. :p

touchthesky
14-12-09, 12:05
Mine are from lyrics....

There’s a field near the dream.
I watched it grow with whitest light.
I watched us all reach out and lean.
For the strength to touch the sky.

:)

When I sign up to forums I either use this name or Vicky Wild..which is my name followed by the surname of my favourite actor.

ShadyCroft
14-12-09, 12:08
mine's quite easy. Shady is my real name, and Croft is Croft. Shady Croft, like Lara Croft who's the forum about. :)

_Tomb_Raider
14-12-09, 12:12
mine say it all I LOVE TR!!

Aranara
14-12-09, 12:23
Hmm, mine. I hate spiders so it doesn't come from arachnid.
It's just a random name I came up with:)

irjudd
14-12-09, 12:23
'Judd' is a nickname I use on the internets since I don't want anybody to know my real name, and the I R part is a throwback to the Cartoon Network show Cow & Chicken; it adds a little bit of fun/with/grammar to it.

Drone
14-12-09, 12:26
Good God, I could drone for hours about the meaning of my username!

Atlantean-Squid
14-12-09, 12:26
An Atlantean squid is the only thing cooler than a regular squid.

Carbonek_0051
14-12-09, 12:30
'Judd' is a nickname I use on the internets since I don't want anybody to know my real name, and the I R part is a throwback to the Cartoon Network show Cow & Chicken; it adds a little bit of fun/with/grammar to it.

I R Baboon <3

Anyways, mine is obvious. Project Carbonek from Legend, or even better the castle of the Holy Grail. And the birth place of Sir Galahad.:D

Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbenic)

The 0051 part is a random number I thought of.:p

marla_biggs
14-12-09, 12:35
Marla Biggs was a character from Sims 2...I couldn't think of anything better when I was signing up :P

o0Crofty0o
14-12-09, 12:36
Hmm...

I thought about Lara Croft and made Croft + y :D
To make it look more beautiful i put o0 0o on it xDD

Other usernames I have in other Forums:

Freaky Underworld
Skywalkers Mudda =D

I always talk too much -.-

rowanlim
14-12-09, 12:42
The name Rowan was from the character Rowan Mayfair from Anne Rice's The Mayfair Witches Saga. Lim is my family name :)

TombOfRaiders
14-12-09, 12:42
My user name was randomly picked! I thought Tomb Raider...TombOfRaider...no. TombOfRaiders!

tonyme
14-12-09, 13:13
It's always been a nickname of mine since the earliest age: Tony, me! It's how some people refer to me also in real life, so yeah it's Tony, me! :D

Nenya awakens
14-12-09, 13:20
Well I took Nenya from the elven water ring in Lord of the Rings, and the second part is self explanatory really :p

ZapTheLadyBird
14-12-09, 13:31
I'd come back from holiday and we had been swarmed by ladybirds and I really hated them... There were so many...
And I couldn't think of anything else...
So they get zapped :P
:cln:

miss.haggard
14-12-09, 13:38
Haggard has always been my go to name, was (and now is back to) my gamertag, I really have no idea why, its just always been, and always will be. I was sick of being called a guy, so I threw the miss in there as well for good measure. Wish I could get rid of it and just be Haggard :p

SGRaider
14-12-09, 13:41
When I was making up my username I decided it has to be something to show me and what I like, so I decided to put my favorite TV show and video game: SG for Stargate and the raider for Tomb Raider(obviously). Yeah, I know it's lame, but I like it. : )

LaraCroftRox
14-12-09, 15:18
My username sucks. A whole lot.

Vinkula
14-12-09, 15:24
It's my (IT WAS) usual internet name. It comes of my name, which is "Ville".

BlackRainbow
14-12-09, 15:26
Mine are lyrics from Marilyn Manson's song "Disposable Teens".

And I'm a black rainbow...

TTV
14-12-09, 15:27
T: Time
T: Traveling
V: Vampire

I like Doctor. Who and vampires... lol

My username sucks. A whole lot.

I thought it was kinda catchy. XD

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 15:28
Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of my name and also the first and last letters of the Greek Alphabet..... I tend to say that when someone makes fun of me:"Hey, don't treat me that way, I'm the alpha and the omega!".Alpha2omega:alpha to omega! ms is short for miss and I thought it was preety obvious, until Tony9595 told me he thought it was short for microsoft..... So people keep mistaking me for a guy! :hea:

But I like my username!!!!!

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 15:30
Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of my name and also the first and last letters of the Greek Alphabet..... I tend to say that when someone makes fun of me:"Hey, don't treat me that way, I'm the alpha and the omega!".Alpha2omega:alpha to omega! ms is short for miss and I thought it was preety obvious, until Tony9595 told me he thought it was short for microsoft..... So people keep mistaking me for a guy! :hea:

Sorry nevermind :o

LightningRider
14-12-09, 15:30
You probably should have put a period. :p

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 15:31
Sgt, take a better look!

LightningRider
14-12-09, 15:33
^take a better look!

Huh? :confused:

oocladableeblah
14-12-09, 15:34
I wanted something unique and funny so I came up with this name and it was inspired a little bit by simlish :)

Siberian Tiger
14-12-09, 15:34
I like tigers and I like it when my username reflects something that I like. Like my PSN ID for another example.

Chocola teapot
14-12-09, 15:36
1: I Love the expression "As Useless as a Chocolate Teapot"

2: A Chocolate Teapot is random and useless, Eg: ME!

3: Chocolate Teapot Wouldn't fit, I had to go with Chocola Teapot.

HappyShannon
14-12-09, 15:37
Shannon is mah name and the happy part is 'cause I don't get upset/annoyed much :D I'm happeh.

LightningRider
14-12-09, 15:38
1: I Love the expression "As Useless as a Chocolate Teapot"

2: A Chocolate Teapot is random and useless, Eg: ME!

3: Chocolate Teapot Wouldn't fit, I had to go with Chocola Teapot.

You're not useless, you're awesome, like a Chocola Teapot! :hug:

Eddie Haskell
14-12-09, 15:40
Mine is simple. I chose "Eddie" because it rhymes with spaghetti, and "Haskell" because it is the ancient Aramaic word for western. But I'm sure you all already knew that.

Dina_Croft
14-12-09, 15:40
Um It's pretty obvious:p

My name + Croft

Voila!

lara c. fan
14-12-09, 15:41
If you can't guess mine, you do not have the brainpower to live :p

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 15:48
^ of course I can! It's lara cell fan, right?

LightningRider
14-12-09, 15:51
C is meant to be pronounced as Wii, duh. :rolleyes:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 15:52

I thought it was coffee... :confused:

(HEH HEH...)

lara c. fan
14-12-09, 15:57
you
C is meant to be pronounced as Wii, duh. :rolleyes:
you
I thought it was coffee... :confused:

(HEH HEH...)
and you do not have suffecient brain power. You shall die soon.
:pi:

LightningRider
14-12-09, 15:59
you

you

and you do not have suffecient brain power. You shall die soon.
:pi:

Brain cannot calculate-dsfadafsfas errorr..addadkfs nfnsf!!1

*explodes*

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 15:59
ok I was joking.....
we all know it's card!

lara c. fan
14-12-09, 16:01
Brain cannot calculate-dsfadafsfas errorr..addadkfs nfnsf!!1

*explodes*
One down :pi:
ok I was joking.....
we all know it's card!

death will come for you

WCookie
14-12-09, 16:15
W
Cookie.

WallalalallalaCookie

:p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 16:17
W
Cookie.

WallalalallalaCookie

I like C-Wookie better. :p

WCookie
14-12-09, 16:18
I like C-Wookie better. :p

Looks good too :p

Everybody thinks my name has something to do with WCs :vlol:

tomblover
14-12-09, 16:24
Well, I love tombs. Do the math or DIE!

Mystery-King
14-12-09, 16:25
I've used mine on other sites before because I NEVER reveal my real name! He he he... otherwise it wouldn't be a mystery! Would it?! :ton:

LegendLost
14-12-09, 16:35
Legend - For Tomb Raider Legend
Lost - I like alliterations, and well the game was a failure for me. it LOST. lol

Laralissa
14-12-09, 16:38
Well my explanation is fairly simple I suppose: my name is Lara (And no, I wasnt named after Tomb Raider - I came first :p My parents actually loved the character Lara from the movie Dr Zhivago) - of course the name Lara wouldn't be available on Tomb Raider Forums for long, so I had to add something to the end. Since the full version of Lara is Larissa, I added 'lissa' to the end for alliterations sake. Bleh :p

GenyaArikado
14-12-09, 16:39
Everybody thinks my name has something to do with WCs :vlol:

It doesnt? Oh

Minty Mouth
14-12-09, 16:40
I thoroughly hate my username. If I were given a chance to change it, I would take it.

Haha, this goes for me too. Although, I like your username :¬/

WCookie
14-12-09, 16:43
It doesnt? Oh

lmfao :vlol:

Your_Envy*
14-12-09, 16:44
I am your envy. Simple as that. :p

J/K.. I always liked the word envy, don't ask me why, I just like it. And one day I had to make a name for You Tube account and suddenly I got that name in my head and that's it. FIN! :D

jackles
14-12-09, 16:48
It was a nick name that I was called on another site and it just grew from there....actually one of my friends calls me acklesjay instead...perhaps I should have gone with that!

Minty Mouth
14-12-09, 16:50
It was a nick name that I was called on another site and it just grew from there....actually one of my friends calls me acklesjay instead...perhaps I should have gone with that!

Wait, is your name supposed to be pronounced Jay-ackles?

I always pronounced it Jak-lees. :¬/

NemesisxAngelus
14-12-09, 16:50

I always thought it was in lolcat speak I R Judd, as in I am Judd. :p

I was about to register Nemesis but that one was already taken, so I added Angelus. Nemesis is in Greek mythology the goddess of revenge and Angelus is angel in Latin. To combine good and evil you get the angel of revenge. :cln:

Minty Mouth
14-12-09, 16:52
I always thought it was in lolcat speak I R Judd, as in I am Judd. :p

It kind of is, since that is the context the cartoon used it in :D

jackles
14-12-09, 16:56
Wait, is your name supposed to be pronounced Jay-ackles?

I always pronounced it Jak-lees. :¬/

Like jackals....

or you can just call me master............:cln:

Minty Mouth
14-12-09, 16:56

Works for me.

...Master.

Eddie Haskell
14-12-09, 17:20
Like jackals....

Are you wielding your whip and wearing your leather catsuit as you write that? ;)

AmericanAssassin
14-12-09, 17:21
American = I'm an American
Assassin = Assassin's Creed :wve:

jackles
14-12-09, 17:27
*grins@minty*

Are you wielding your whip and wearing your leather catsuit as you write that? ;)

Hell yeah! Like all good megalomaniacs should!

Hermina94
14-12-09, 17:33
Not much to say...My name's Hermina,and I was born in 1994 :)
Creative,right?:p

Nerd For Life
There's a Iggy Pop song called "Lust For Life" and I just changed Lust to Nerd. SCORE!!

Reggie
I don't like my username, I asked if it could be changed about a year after joining and I was told I would have to make a new account and thought bugger that and I've just contented myself with what I've got. Its a short form of my middle name (Reginald). I'm not a black guy and I'm not a reggae fan (even though I like some reggae songs). :p

VictorXD
14-12-09, 17:37
My real name plus a happy face!!!:D

Eddie Haskell
14-12-09, 17:41
I don't like my username, I asked if it could be changed about a year after joining and I was told I would have to make a new account and thought bugger that and I've just contented myself with what I've got. Its a short form of my middle name (Reginald). I'm not a black guy and I'm not a reggae fan (even though I like some reggae songs). :p

Actually in my mind Reggie is quite British. I did know a couple of Brits by that name in the military, so that's probably why.

Minimus
14-12-09, 17:42
Minimus is a nick-name of mine. It started out when I was 7 years-old, and my brother's boyfriend moved in. His name is the same is mine, so he called me Mini Me, and over the years the name has expanded to Mini Me, Minimus, Minimus Maximus, Mini Mouse. Musmus, ect :)

Reggie
14-12-09, 17:47
Actually in my mind Reggie is quite British. I did know a couple of Brits by that name in the military, so that's probably why.
You're the first to say so. :tmb: I had that name from my Grandfather who served with the Navy a long time ago.

tranniversary119
14-12-09, 17:48
tr= Tomb Raider
Anniversary= Tomb Raider Anniversary
and 119= I have no idea.
I wish I could change it. But I never intended on staying on this forum. So I just picked a random name.

VictorXD
14-12-09, 17:50
Minimus is a nick-name of mine. It started out when I was 7 years-old, and my brother's boyfriend moved in. His name is the same is mine, so he called me Mini Me, and over the years the name has expanded to Mini Me, Minimus, Minimus Maximus, Mini Mouse. Musmus, ect :)

:vlol: Aweomse!

Croft, Lara
14-12-09, 17:54
If you need to ask, you probably shouldn't be here.

lara c. fan
14-12-09, 17:56
tr= Tomb Raider
Anniversary= Tomb Raider Anniversary
and 119= I have no idea.
I wish I could change it. But I never intended on staying on this forum. So I just picked a random name.

But ya got sucked in :p

ShadyCroft
14-12-09, 17:58
Mine is simple. I chose "Eddie" because it rhymes with spaghetti, and "Haskell" because it is the ancient Aramaic word for western. But I'm sure you all already knew that.

really ? :o I always thought your real name was Eddie Haskell...now that I think of it, I don't think alot of people would use their real name on the net.

I am your envy. Simple as that.

darn ! busted. I envy you for being so pretty and sexy :pi:

Minimus
14-12-09, 17:59
:vlol: Aweomse!

Amenophis
14-12-09, 18:27
There we have him Amenophis: http://www.sharm-el-sheikh-egypt.co.uk/history/egypt-history-amenophis-IV-4.jpg

Amenophis was an ordinary man who became a god. He was probably the printer
the pharaoh Amenhotep and Faro's chief architect. Created his death in temple
the Thebanska nektropolen. Personal advisor to the Pharaoh.

MiCkiZ88
14-12-09, 18:28
Mikkis is a nick name that I am fond of and I wanted it to stand out so I chose the style of lettering I have now and I included my lucky number/birthyear at the end.

Fail. Mikkis would've been fine enough and now it looks like an attempt to be cool.

TRfan23
14-12-09, 18:39
TRfan23 = Tomb Raider fan 23.

If I was to change it to something else, it'd be geekafreak23 ;)

The No. 23 is a cursed number imo :tmb:

Lara's home
14-12-09, 18:41
I guess I always loved playing Lara's home. (Not the manor, mind you!)
I regret it though. I'd love to change it, but it's not like I care that much.

MattTR
14-12-09, 18:42
I must have posted in a thread similar to this like 3-4 times.. :p

Matt = My name (Matthew), but I prefer to be called Matt or Matty.
TR = Tomb Raider, my favorite game franchise of all time.

;)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 18:48
I must have posted in a thread similar to this like 3-4 times.. :p

Matt = My name (Matthew), but I prefer to be called Matt or Matty.
TR = Tomb Raider, my favorite game franchise of all time.

;)

I did my due diligence and looked for a similar one but couldn't find anything :D.

MattTR
14-12-09, 18:52
I did my due diligence and looked for a similar one but couldn't find anything :D.

Oh it's probably past due anyways, don't worry! :D

Hanny
14-12-09, 19:04
Hande = my real name
Hanny = my nickname
:D:D

Eddie Haskell
14-12-09, 19:24
Mine is real simple. Eddie because I'm steady, and Haskell because I'm a rascal.

juicybubble
14-12-09, 19:31
My mom called me bubble when i was a baby and i was drinking juicy fruit when i made my acount.

Larson_1988
14-12-09, 19:35
Mine is real simple. Eddie because I'm steady, and Haskell because I'm a rascal.

Ah, and here i was thinking it had anything to do with Haskill. :vlol:

Tony9595
14-12-09, 19:53

Sorry, I thought you were some kind of MS Office :ton:

Mai
14-12-09, 19:56
Mai
Oh why oh why.

'Cuz its simple.

Immortalis08
14-12-09, 20:05
From the PS2 game Primal, there was a realm known as Mortalis where all humans lived. So I simply renamed it to create the notion of a realm of immortals. Not original by far, but I loved how it sounded.

The "08" shall remain a mystery. :p

Los Angeles
14-12-09, 20:07
don't know,

just liked Los Angeles at the time I registered, that's why.

mau3genius
14-12-09, 20:17
Some of the user names we've seen on here are pretty obvious, but some are most certainly not (like mine). Tell us why you chose your user name, what it means, if you're happy with it etc... Even if your user name is completely obvious, there might be a story behind it anyway.

It's my first username ever. Used it on an old AOL account ages ago. It's crappy 'cause back then I was a kid, and I was extremely stupid. Mau = part of my name + 3 = my favourite number + genius = I was such a dumbass I thought it was cool to write "genius". That sums it up pretty accurately. And yes, I extremely hate it, but nostalgia is what makes me keep using it in all sorts of accounts online. I would change it If I could though, something, maybe less retarded.

maniakatosheto
14-12-09, 20:19
maniakatosheto > маниака < awesome person , tosheto < a nickname :)
why i put it toghether? CAUSE IM NUTZZZ *BLARGH* Lazor Fireh! Muhahahhahaahah :mis: You ish deadhz aftersh readingsh thish poshteh :mis:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 20:21
maniakatosheto > маниака < awesome person , tosheto < a nickname :)
why i put it toghether? CAUSE IM NUTZZZ *BLARGH* Lazor Fireh! Muhahahhahaahah :mis: You ish deadhz aftersh readingsh thish poshteh :mis:

I think I figured it out... BOMBULOUS = *BLARGH* Lazor Fireh! Muhahahhahaahah :mis: You ish deadhz aftersh readingsh thish poshteh

:ton:

maniakatosheto
14-12-09, 20:23
I think I figured it out... BOMBULOUS = *BLARGH* Lazor Fireh! Muhahahhahaahah :mis: You ish deadhz aftersh readingsh thish poshteh

:ton:

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/imma-fire-my-lazer.jpg BLARGH! < firing sound

Grenade
14-12-09, 20:27
idk i guess, i kinda liked using grenades in TR so i figured might as well.

NemesisxAngelus
14-12-09, 20:37
It kind of is, since that is the context the cartoon used it in :D
Yes and that's why I always assumed that. Guess I was wrong. :vlol:

There's a Iggy Pop song called "Lust For Life" and I just changed Lust to Nerd. SCORE!!

I always thought because you're a nerd, my favorite nerd to be specific. :hug:

Rai
14-12-09, 21:59
Simply put Rai is the pronunciation of the first syllable of my actual name and I didn't want to spell it Ray, 'cus I'm different like that. Rai is also the first syllable of the word 'Raider'. :D

January_Snow*
14-12-09, 22:01
January is the month I was born in, and its the most beautifull month of the year to me, its month of holidays (ortodox christmas is on january 6) so its just a beautifull month..

And I love snow more than anynting, so I got, January_snow*

* stands for a snowflake :D :D :D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-12-09, 22:03
January is the month I was born in, and its the most beautifull month of the year to me, its month of holidays (ortodox christmas is on january 6) so its just a beautifull month..

And I love snow more than anynting, so I got, January_snow*

* stands for a snowflake :D :D :D

Nice... I've been passively wondering what that was for. :)

da tomb raider!
14-12-09, 22:03
Uh, I don't know why I chose my username. Must have been drunk or something.

ViNi__
14-12-09, 22:05
hmmm...
My real name is Vinicius, my nickname was another failed attempt to create something cool :pi:
oh well, I wish I could change it :pi:
but that's no big problem, I can live with it :rolleyes:

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 22:11
Sorry, I thought you were some kind of MS Office :ton:

Don't worry, I guess it wasn't that obvious after all.....:D

Love2Raid
14-12-09, 22:12
I don't know. All the cool usernames were already taken? :o

sephiroth99
14-12-09, 22:36
when I first used my nickname (in 2001 IIRC), I was playing FF7, and I thought Sephiroth was the coolest character ever. So I used his name, but it was already taken. I decided to add numbers to the end (how creative...). Did not want only one number because it looks bad, three was too long, so the number just before 100 is 99 :)

I've been using it for a while now, I don't particularly like it, but it's simpler to use it everywhere :P

GameGlitcher77
14-12-09, 22:50
Well i first became a gamer when i got a Sony Playstation back in '97. And also back then I had a limited amount of games so i would replay the same ones over and over. I discovered bugs and glitches this way so that's what I decided to put as my username...

as for the 7's anyone who played slots this would be obvious

patriots88888
14-12-09, 22:55

Wrong and double wrong. You're a rabble-rouser just like the character on Leave It To Beaver.

I've always been interested to know what Gabi's user name is about. :) Does it reflect your desire to talk? Except, judging by how little you do on the forum, I suspect not. :o

GenyaArikado
14-12-09, 22:58
Wrong and double wrong. You're a rabble-rouser just like the character on Leave It To Beaver.

I've always been interested to know what Gabi's user name is about. :) Does it reflect your desire to talk? Except, judging by how little you do on the forum, I suspect not. :o

I just thought that her name is Gabriela :D

Eddie Haskell
14-12-09, 23:01

I was simply pulling everyone's chains with those two. The real explanation is that my real name is Eddie Haskell. Well, actually Teddie Pascal... ;)

LaraLuvrrr
14-12-09, 23:08
I love Lara

EmeraldFields
14-12-09, 23:21
I had just finished reading Jane Fonda's autobiography, so I took my username from a line in her book.

AoD Lover
14-12-09, 23:24
the username is self explanitory.:p

TRhalloween
14-12-09, 23:29
It's Japanese.

GenyaArikado
14-12-09, 23:29
the username is self explanitory.:p

you love........cookies?

msalpha2omega
14-12-09, 23:32
^Silly you...... Everybody knows AoD stands for Apple Of Day. An apple a day...... You know, he loves apples!

EmeraldFields
14-12-09, 23:32
It's Japanese.

For what?

Dirty whore? http://i50.************/23wnn77.gif

Autolycus
14-12-09, 23:37
Xena!!!! need I say more

Phys
14-12-09, 23:42
I randomly made a nickname for myself ages ago called Phynicen. I eventually shyed away from it and shortened it to Phys :D

AoD Lover
14-12-09, 23:47
In case for those who are confused, my username, AoD lover is Angel of Darkness Lover. I love the game Tomb Raider AoD. I should've put the TR in there. This was just in case someone got genuinely confused:rolleyes:

xx_Hunt_xx
15-12-09, 00:00
Its my surname...but i always think it sounds manly..dont know why.
So i added the xx at the start and end, i regret doing them now though.

pekirock
15-12-09, 00:03
my first half of the user name "peki" is my nickname developed in my early childhood, and the word rock is just cause it rocks:p

trlestew
15-12-09, 00:07
trle (as in Tomb Raider Level Editor) and stew (part of my real name) it kinda sucks.
I wish I changed it to dontbyvista

patriots88888
15-12-09, 00:12
trle (as in Tomb Raider Level Editor) and stew (part of my real name) it kinda sucks.
I wish I changed it to dontbyvista

That gets my vote. :) Although I didn't exactly buy it, I got saddled with it for buying my PC in early 2007. Had I known what a mess it is I would have haggled them to install XP instead. :o

Sgt BOMBULOUS
15-12-09, 00:24
That gets my vote. :) Although I didn't exactly buy it, I got saddled with it for buying my PC in early 2007. Had I known what a mess it is I would have haggled them to install XP instead. :o

I'm not sure that's possible when buying from a big name packager (Dell HP etc...). For desktops, I build my own, for laptops Dell has an (extremely hard to find) open source option, where you can buy a PC with no OS whatsoever... Then you install XP and continue along your merry way :D

NemesisxAngelus
15-12-09, 00:25

My laptop is actually a Vista but due a downgradable disk I made the Vista part hidden so I work on a XP now. I got within 5 minutes so angry at Vista. *double clicks on folder* "Are you sure you want to open it?" *clicks yes* "Are you sure?" I AM OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE CLICKING IT, RIGHT?! :hea:

Lara's Nemesis
15-12-09, 00:39
I'm rubbish at thinking up good user names, this one took about 5 minutes and is pretty boring.

Should have picked something without Lara in the name.:p

elizard_9594
15-12-09, 00:42
well, lizard is a nickname of mine, and my real name = elizabeth. smash em together and you get elizard

then i was born on 9/5/94 (septembe 5th, 1994) so 9594

and it was just random.

Hazel
15-12-09, 00:53
I got within 5 minutes so angry at Vista. *double clicks on folder* "Are you sure you want to open it?" *clicks yes* "Are you sure?" I AM OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE CLICKING IT, RIGHT?! :hea:

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol: That's exactly what annoyed me about Vista. its painfully slow start ups, and the 25 god damn verification pop ups requests it throws at you before actually getting down to doing what you asked it to. Trying to uninstall software is a nightmare!:hea:

My username is my name, I wasn’t feeling very inspired when I joined TRF and was clearly lacking creative initiative that day….:(:(:p

TRhalloween
15-12-09, 01:02
For what?

Dirty whore? http://i50.************/23wnn77.gif

Girl, don't test me. Do not test me.

http://i46.************/wjglmf.gif

trlestew
15-12-09, 01:04

yeah, thats my account name for other sites though, like Youtube.

irjudd
15-12-09, 01:07
My laptop is actually a Vista but due a downgradable disk I made the Vista part hidden so I work on a XP now. I got within 5 minutes so angry at Vista. *double clicks on folder* "Are you sure you want to open it?" *clicks yes* "Are you sure?" I AM OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE CLICKING IT, RIGHT?! :hea:
I hope that wasn't your only complaint, since it takes like 3 clicks to disable that setting. :whi:

ivannnnn
15-12-09, 01:25
My username is like typo.

Legend of Lara
15-12-09, 01:33
My username is a deliciously fortunate typo.

Lemme, uh, fix that for you.

ivannnnn
15-12-09, 01:35
Lemme, uh, fix that for you.
Yummy, thanks its delicious. :rolleyes:

Legend of Lara
15-12-09, 01:36
Yummy, thanks its delicious. :rolleyes:

No, really. I think it's zingy!

ivannnnn
15-12-09, 01:39
No, really. I think it's zingy!
Yes that's right. :tmb:
It's the echo of any sound.

robm_2007
15-12-09, 03:15
mine is robm_2007

i wanted something unique, and something that didnt look like it would make sense on its own

my name is Robert: rob and my last name starts with an m,
, i liked the underscore _ , and i graduated from highschool in 2007 .

originally, i was going to make it Natlantis (its Natla and Atlantis combined). but i thought that i would forget how to spell it.:p

feel free to steal it anyone:p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
15-12-09, 14:36
mine is robm_2007

i wanted something unique, and something that didnt look like it would make sense on its own

my name is Robert: rob and my last name starts with an m,
, i liked the underscore _ , and i graduated from highschool in 2007 .

originally, i was going to make it Natlantis (its Natla and Atlantis combined). but i thought that i would forget how to spell it.:p

feel free to steal it anyone:p

And to think... I thought you were advocating robbery... (Rob em'!!) :p

Aranara
15-12-09, 14:37

lol :vlol:

robm_2007
15-12-09, 15:00

well, you caught me in my lie:D

xXhayleyroxXx
15-12-09, 20:37
well im really bad at creating usernames so my sisters friend made me this one XD

Tomb-Dude
15-12-09, 20:39
Tomb - Because it's related to tomb raider
Dude - because im a dude :p

Made it back when i was on Eidos forums and made here but i now im not too fond of it :)

Lee croft
15-12-09, 20:42
mine because my name is lee and croft for lara's last name ..simples :D

egypt_gypsie
15-12-09, 20:45
I am pretty obsessed with Egypt, and I used my user name for my Yahoo email a long time ago. It just kinda stuck.

Squibbly
15-12-09, 21:33

I thought that's what it was from. :D

Squibbly is just a silly name my mother made up and called me when I was a baby/young child. :)

NemesisxAngelus
15-12-09, 23:54
:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol: That's exactly what annoyed me about Vista. its painfully slow start ups, and the 25 god damn verification pop ups requests it throws at you before actually getting down to doing what you asked it to. Trying to uninstall software is a nightmare!:hea:

My username is my name, I wasn’t feeling very inspired when I joined TRF and was clearly lacking creative initiative that day….:(:(:p

Yesss! That annoyed me to no end as well, hence I bought this laptop because this one had the ability to "become" also an XP. I heard Windows 7 is better, but so far XP is still and will continue to be my baby. :)

Vista was like for me something as, you get up: "Are you sure want to get up?" Yes. "Are you sure you want to walk?" Yes. "Are you sure it's the right door?" Yes. "ARE YOU REALLY REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO OPEN IT?" Yes. Sorry we could not progress your request and Windows Explorer needs to shut down, do you want to report this error? No. *grinding noises as in: Damn you, report me-e-e-e-e* "Your computer will be rebooting in 5 seconds, any unsaved data will be lost, do you want to save your files before it's lost?" Yes. Too late, your device started already rebooting. You're the weakest link, goodbye. :wve:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
16-12-09, 02:32
Yesss! That annoyed me to no end as well, hence I bought this laptop because this one had the ability to "become" also an XP. I heard Windows 7 is better, but so far XP is still and will continue to be my baby. :)

Vista was like for me something as, you get up: "Are you sure want to get up?" Yes. "Are you sure you want to walk?" Yes. "Are you sure it's the right door?" Yes. "ARE YOU REALLY REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO OPEN IT?" Yes. Sorry we could not progress your request and Windows Explorer needs to shut down, do you want to report this error? No. *grinding noises as in: Damn you, report me-e-e-e-e* "Your computer will be rebooting in 5 seconds, any unsaved data will be lost, do you want to save your files before it's lost?" Yes. Too late, your device started already rebooting. You're the weakest link, goodbye. :wve:

All of the reasons you guys have discussed have lead me to stick with XP. If another OS comes out that people absolutely love, I'll consider making the move. Congrats on your 3k BTW.

mind
16-12-09, 05:59
It is so prehistoric username of mine... Well, I liked the word and its not so frequent in English... It would be so different this time.

NemesisxAngelus
16-12-09, 16:32
All of the reasons you guys have discussed have lead me to stick with XP. If another OS comes out that people absolutely love, I'll consider making the move. Congrats on your 3k BTW.
I really doubt there will be a good OS since I dislike the way Windows has gotten but neither one OS can make it real big given the fact Windows is one big monopoly and what people like gets a knock off made by Microsoft. I still keep denying Windows Updates that want me to install Internet Explorer 8 and it looks absolutely like FireFox and I can't stand FireFox, at all. Hence why I'm still using #6 and it's still Windows XP layout, not the ugly Vista one.

My main PC, as I'm writing on it now, was the first PC with XP in this household. I remember missing the Win '98 interface as I grew up with it but eventually I've become really attached to my nearly surviving 10 years with me with only one really fatal crash I lost everything but overall, it's been doing more than fine. Harddisks might have been replaced with time to have more space to put everything on it, but still everything else is original. On the other hand I'd never get rid of my lovely non-flatscreen monitor, flatscreens cause me to have horrible migraines after working like 15 minutes already? I never spend much on my laptop to avoid them from happening.

When I needed a laptop I searched everywhere but everything was Vista and some had a beta of Windows 7, and there was this one store they had one PC left that was downgradable to XP. I didn't have to think about that twice, I bought it, after installing Vista since I had to because for XP Vista would become a hidden partition on the C drive, but first I wanted to try Vista, well I survived 5 minutes and the downgrading progress couldn't begin fast enough because its interface, way of handling and seriously, why should my (mouse) pointer that starts giving me weird sounds when idle? I want a computer interface that is clear and simple, not in all bright colors and totally make me confused.

& Thank ya!